Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRVW 2/27-2/28-ANTI-AGING AND BETTER SOUND THROUGH RESEARCH!

@katiescarlett wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Boy I just have to say that this was one fully rotten smell-a-thon of a day on the Q... Not one single show in a twenty four hour period of any interest whatsoever... Not a single one...

stevie, definitely stinky.  I did watch the video of the cookbook online, however, but would never buy it from QVC.

Hey @katiescarlett ! Long time... hope all is well...

I hear you on the cookbook...

I haven't watched a minute all weekend... why would I?! 

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@3cupcakes wrote:

@katiescarlett wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@3cupcakes wrote:

@Spurt   ms. spurt, you have nailed it again for this weekend.

it would be wonderful to see any of carolyn pets or dan's too if they go ahead w/the pet shows.  at least they would be something different! 

@stevieb is right; it's not fun for many of us anymore.

so it's yard work as the weather is to be nice, which is not fun either, but at least i've got a tidy yard to show for it.

this weekends line up makes me feel like the kitten drapped over the red chair.  Cat Tongue

@3cupcakes 

Gee....maybe the Q Execs have run out of ideas and finally figured out that at least maybe some pet shows MIGHT make some customers actually tune in.......As I said before I always got a chuckle out of the previous pet spots with Dan's Dog Murphy.....and would love to see either Dan's or Carolyn's pets give the demonstrations.....

Despite QVC's efforts to entice with their GOLDEN SPATULA AWARDS the programming has me imitating the kitty draped over the red chair too....The  Q and their reruns on products and repetitiveness of demos with them now even showing the SAME product several times during the shows certainly lends itself to take the FUN out of shopping.....

Enjoy your yard work!!!  Take Care !!! 

Hey SPURT,  great synopsis of the weekend, as always.  I would like to suggest for new pet products, LOGO for dogs (Gidget could be stylin'), Temp-tations dog and cat bowls and pooper scoopers, with Temp-tations pooper bags, WEN in chicken and beef scents, and of course, a grain free version, D&B cat and dog carriers with Logo Locks, and potstickers, meatballs, mac and cheese, etc. in dog and cat flavors. 

Do you think they will go with those suggestions???

@katiescarlett  You are too funny!  Tho can I add obi belt leashes! Perhaps w/matching collars!   😂

@Spurt  Golden spatula awards.   eye-yey-yey.........

may I ask what you are reading?  I love a good cozy mystery!

@3cupcakes  Hey 3cupcakes .....yep Golden Spatula Awards---go figure---I wish QVC would use that creativity on their programming....

As for the cozy mystery---its called PATCHWORK MYSTERIES  There are 27 books in the series.  It's about a widow in a small town that makes and restores old quilts and solves mysteries.  You can find it through Guideposts or Amazon or probably other sources that sell books.....

There's another series called SECRETS OF MARY'S BOOK SHOP.  About a book shop owner that solves mysteries.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@katiescarlett wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@3cupcakes wrote:

@Spurt   ms. spurt, you have nailed it again for this weekend.

it would be wonderful to see any of carolyn pets or dan's too if they go ahead w/the pet shows.  at least they would be something different! 

@stevieb is right; it's not fun for many of us anymore.

so it's yard work as the weather is to be nice, which is not fun either, but at least i've got a tidy yard to show for it.

this weekends line up makes me feel like the kitten drapped over the red chair.  Cat Tongue

@3cupcakes 

Gee....maybe the Q Execs have run out of ideas and finally figured out that at least maybe some pet shows MIGHT make some customers actually tune in.......As I said before I always got a chuckle out of the previous pet spots with Dan's Dog Murphy.....and would love to see either Dan's or Carolyn's pets give the demonstrations.....

Despite QVC's efforts to entice with their GOLDEN SPATULA AWARDS the programming has me imitating the kitty draped over the red chair too....The  Q and their reruns on products and repetitiveness of demos with them now even showing the SAME product several times during the shows certainly lends itself to take the FUN out of shopping.....

Enjoy your yard work!!!  Take Care !!! 

Hey SPURT,  great synopsis of the weekend, as always.  I would like to suggest for new pet products, LOGO for dogs (Gidget could be stylin'), Temp-tations dog and cat bowls and pooper scoopers, with Temp-tations pooper bags, WEN in chicken and beef scents, and of course, a grain free version, D&B cat and dog carriers with Logo Locks, and potstickers, meatballs, mac and cheese, etc. in dog and cat flavors. 

Do you think they will go with those suggestions???

@katiescarlett Hey KATIE!!!  I absolutely postively LOVE LOVE LOVE your ideas---And I would be the first purchasers for your Temp-tations pooper scooper and pooper bags for my gift wing   ..... it's been a hot topic here at our Condo Association with people not picking up after their dogs---so I thought it would be the perfect gift for ALL occasions (birthdays, graduations, weddings, mother's day, father's day---and to put away for Christmas gifts and Halloween "treats"!!! Woman Wink  Why do some dog owners pick an area near their neighbor's door and not their own for their dog to do their "business".....for some reason I prefer the fragrance of flowers over......well you know---LOL!!! 

But by all means be sure to post your wonderful ideas on Carolyn's Facebook Page!!!!  Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Boy I just have to say that this was one fully rotten smell-a-thon of a day on the Q... Not one single show in a twenty four hour period of any interest whatsoever... Not a single one...

@stevieb  There was a time when I'd enjoy having QVC on in the background while I did my household chores......yesterday I had NASCAR on in the background while I prepared my lunch.....even the zoom zoom zoom of the race cars and seeing them going around in a circle was more entertaining than the Q--yes it's come to that-(BTW Dale Earnhardt Jr (racer and Redskin fan came in 2nd) and Kyle Busch from Joe Gibbs Racing came in 3rd---speaking of THE THIRD it's supposed to be his last day in the burgundy & gold unless Danny wants to fork over 16 mill to wait for a trade that never comes (rumor is there's little interest)

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb  There was a time when I'd enjoy having QVC on in the background while I did my household chores......yesterday I had NASCAR on in the background while I prepared my lunch.....even the zoom zoom zoom of the race cars and seeing them going around in a circle was more entertaining than the Q--yes it's come to that-(BTW Dale Earnhardt Jr (racer and Redskin fan came in 2nd) and Kyle Busch from Joe Gibbs Racing came in 3rd---speaking of THE THIRD it's supposed to be his last day in the burgundy & gold unless Danny wants to fork over 16 mill to wait for a trade that never comes (rumor is there's little interest)

I'm sorry @Spurt but if given a choice between QVC and Nascar, I do believe I'd have to pitch the TV from the roof top deck... Nix to both... As for The Third, well how could there possibly be any interest? He has demonstrated nothing any team would want to pay good money for... Nothing... If he isn't hurt then he's not following directions and his happy feet then get him in trouble, or, hurt yet again... Yet another highly touted college prospect the NFL morons went out and paid big bucks to get without any test of his mettle... It should be a league rule that rookie salaries are capped at a reasonable level that can be renegotiated fairly easily, but for teams to continue to pay huge salaries to untested young players is both stupid and is driving up costs for the fans in so many ways. Personally, there's a part of me that feels bad for the man, but aside from his failure to produce positive results, his attitude didn't endear him to me or to many others. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt -- an antique show sounds like it was fun. My plans fell thru as far as meeting for lunch - oh well, that's how it goes, so I went shopping by myself instead. Bought a pair of Clark's boots from the store! where I could try them on and see if they fit! w/o having to spend oodles of $ on shipping. I watched the cars go round and round on Sunday, too -- at least intermittently between working outside. It was a beautiful day here so I opted to enjoy the chance to do yard work w/o shivering. Moved some snowdrops to try and get them to grown in a few new spots.
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I'm sorry @Spurt but if given a choice between QVC and Nascar, I do believe I'd have to pitch the TV from the roof top deck... Nix to both... As for The Third, well how could there possibly be any interest? He has demonstrated nothing any team would want to pay good money for... Nothing... If he isn't hurt then he's not following directions and his happy feet then get him in trouble, or, hurt yet again... Yet another highly touted college prospect the NFL morons went out and paid big bucks to get without any test of his mettle... It should be a league rule that rookie salaries are capped at a reasonable level that can be renegotiated fairly easily, but for teams to continue to pay huge salaries to untested young players is both stupid and is driving up costs for the fans in so many ways. Personally, there's a part of me that feels bad for the man, but aside from his failure to produce positive results, his attitude didn't endear him to me or to many others. 

@stevieb  The NFL does have a rookie cap and then after 3-5 years (if their a first rounder) that's when the player negotiates his contract and starts making the BIG BUCKS!!!!  But even under the rookie cap the salary shall compared to what the average US worker makes is quite generous, BUT still much much lower than what they used to pay UNPROVEN and UNTESTED talent. 

The man did behave after he was benched, but I agree with you, before the benching   he never seemed to claim responsibility for his part of the team's dismal performance and preferred to point fingers at his teammates and coaches.....I guess "they" made him hold on to the ball too long, or stay in the gym rather than study film to learn the game...Woman Wink  His rookie year he was stellar but that is because the NFL coaches didn't have any film on him, he was the new kid on the block, but after his rookie year the smart NFL defensive coaches figured him out and the rest shall we say is history.....and he IS history in the Qwappitol area.....

Before I abandonded the racing car circuit I flipped the channels just in time to see a millisecond of the Bose candle demo and believe me that was ENOUGH!!!  Perhaps the Q felt that prospects would be viewing all the red carpet activities and not watch QVC even if the Q hosts re-enacted parts of the all the nominated movies.......Gee I wonder if "your man" would play Leo DiCaprio's part or if he would be regulated to the part of "the bear"  ..... or perhaps Chauncy Chew grabbed the grizzled role ..........or perhaps the entire QVC gang could've rehashed MAD MAX (since QVC's programming seems to be apocalyptic).....Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:
@Spurt -- an antique show sounds like it was fun. My plans fell thru as far as meeting for lunch - oh well, that's how it goes, so I went shopping by myself instead. Bought a pair of Clark's boots from the store! where I could try them on and see if they fit! w/o having to spend oodles of $ on shipping. I watched the cars go round and round on Sunday, too -- at least intermittently between working outside. It was a beautiful day here so I opted to enjoy the chance to do yard work w/o shivering. Moved some snowdrops to try and get them to grown in a few new spots.

@GinaV24  Although your lunch meeting fell through it sounds like you still had some fun, got a good deal on Clark boots, got some yard work done and enjoyed some beautiful weather! .......

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb  The NFL does have a rookie cap and then after 3-5 years (if their a first rounder) that's when the player negotiates his contract and starts making the BIG BUCKS!!!!  But even under the rookie cap the salary shall compared to what the average US worker makes is quite generous, BUT still much much lower than what they used to pay UNPROVEN and UNTESTED talent. 

The man did behave after he was benched, but I agree with you, before the benching   he never seemed to claim responsibility for his part of the team's dismal performance and preferred to point fingers at his teammates and coaches.....I guess "they" made him hold on to the ball too long, or stay in the gym rather than study film to learn the game...Woman Wink  His rookie year he was stellar but that is because the NFL coaches didn't have any film on him, he was the new kid on the block, but after his rookie year the smart NFL defensive coaches figured him out and the rest shall we say is history.....and he IS history in the Qwappitol area.....

Before I abandonded the racing car circuit I flipped the channels just in time to see a millisecond of the Bose candle demo and believe me that was ENOUGH!!!  Perhaps the Q felt that prospects would be viewing all the red carpet activities and not watch QVC even if the Q hosts re-enacted parts of the all the nominated movies.......Gee I wonder if "your man" would play Leo DiCaprio's part or if he would be regulated to the part of "the bear"  ..... or perhaps Chauncy Chew grabbed the grizzled role ..........or perhaps the entire QVC gang could've rehashed MAD MAX (since QVC's programming seems to be apocalyptic).....Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

All I can say then @Spurt is that evidentally the rookie cap isn't low enough or the trial period isn't long enough!!  That man should never have been making what he's making.

Nope, not interested in seeing the Q hosts in movie remakes, not even interested in seeing the Q hosts be, well, Q hosts...

Woman Frustrated Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

HI @Spurt, saw your weekend preview a few days ago, but didn't have a computer to reply on and I just can't do it on my phone anymore, way too time consuming.  Needless to say, I did not watch the Q this weekend, not even ITKWD which I sometimes tune in.  Guess I missed the Golden Spatulas, but I expect I will survive.  I stopped watching all awards shows about 10-12 years ago.  I love movies and TV and music but I don't really care what awards go to whom because it doesn't influence my choices and, while it used to be special back in the 70's to see the movie stars dressed in beautiful gowns and tuxes, now they are just ordinary people whose lives I hear way too much about.  We can watch them on TMZ for goodness sake, and see them on our phones 24/7.  

I now have Netflix and Amazon Prime and, at the end of March, I will be dumping my cable TV because it is just too expensive.  I will miss the local and cable news.  I can tune in the Q and HSN on the computer if I want.  There are other things I will miss, but I love the radio so I will get in more listening time and hopefully catch up on my reading and do some more crafting too.

Your pictures of the animals in the flowers were so sweet and maybe if Vogue had put Grumpy Cat on the cover instead of Kim and Kanye, I might still buy the September issue.  Thank you for the picture of Bella, the Official Alamo Cat, what a nice life she must have.  The weather here in AZ is HOT. It is going to reach the 90's tomorrow and Friday.  Someday I will move from here, either a few miles north (like Prescott) or maybe east to New Mexico.  I have considered Texas, but you guys get the heat and some really wild weather too, whether its up in Dallas or down in Houston or San Antonio so I guess I will continue to be just a tourist :-)  The cats are enjoying the weather though and I am glad for that.  My big kitty, who is so sweet, kind and easy-going, has cancer and likely has only a few more months to live so I am glad I can have the doors and windows open for him to enjoy the birds and fresh air.

Hope you and your SO and Figgy and Puddin' are enjoying the beginning of Spring too.

Take care