Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRVW 2/27-2/28-ANTI-AGING AND BETTER SOUND THROUGH RESEARCH!

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb  I'm glad both you and your mom missed the bad storms.....and ain't that the truth about the weather being different a few miles down the road.....I will call my sis and tell her she better move her car to covered parking because of the hail and she will say what hail its not storming or even raining and she lives about 5 miles from me.....

Oh and STEVIE why you MUST MUST MUST tune in to QVC today....it's a "VERY VERY VERY SPECIAL" Day today.....nope, not talking Academy Awards when Gollywood gives out their "hardware" (BTW is the Oscar still 24K?...if so does the Q gold buyer know about this---maybe he can get one of his "good deals") ......What I'm talking about are the ONE, THE ONLY---QVC GOLDEN SPATULA AWARDS!!!! so put on your finest (including matching accessories which means a goregeous bag AND apron) sit back, relax, grab your favorite adult beverage (you'll meed it) and enjoy the show ....I know you'll be thrilled.....Woman WinkWoman LOLWoman LOL

Uh Spurt, @Spurt...  No... Not on your life... No Q zone in effect in the Qwapital...

And yes, as for that 24K gold standard, I'm sure 'the buyer' could call in a few favors... You know, just for us... No more interested in the Golden Spatulas than I am in the Oscars...

Woman Wink

@stevieb  Ditto on that my friend, no Golden Spatulas nor am I the least bit interested in seeing the Gollywood gala either.....although my sis will be glued to her TV for all the "academy festivities" .  In the past, you could at least tune in to see some beautiful gowns and fashions....However, these days the glamour is gone and the actors instead try to outdo one another with who can wear the skimpiest in attire in order to gain the most publicity.....Woman Tongue

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Publicity becomes more important @Spurt, when actual talent and film quality is at a minimum...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

Publicity becomes more important @Spurt, when actual talent and film quality is at a minimum...

Woman Wink

@stevieb   You really NAILED IT Stevie....totally agree!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb  And I think we've proved our point when a film like Mad Max is one of the nominees for
"best picture".........Smiley   Smiley

BTW was the bear in The Revenant nominated?  From what I've heard he may have done the best job out of all the actors nominated....(never saw the film most of my friends and co-workers commented on how difficult a film it was to watch--a tad gruesome)

Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@3cupcakes wrote:

@Spurt   ms. spurt, you have nailed it again for this weekend.

it would be wonderful to see any of carolyn pets or dan's too if they go ahead w/the pet shows.  at least they would be something different! 

@stevieb is right; it's not fun for many of us anymore.

so it's yard work as the weather is to be nice, which is not fun either, but at least i've got a tidy yard to show for it.

this weekends line up makes me feel like the kitten drapped over the red chair.  Cat Tongue

@3cupcakes 

Gee....maybe the Q Execs have run out of ideas and finally figured out that at least maybe some pet shows MIGHT make some customers actually tune in.......As I said before I always got a chuckle out of the previous pet spots with Dan's Dog Murphy.....and would love to see either Dan's or Carolyn's pets give the demonstrations.....

Despite QVC's efforts to entice with their GOLDEN SPATULA AWARDS the programming has me imitating the kitty draped over the red chair too....The  Q and their reruns on products and repetitiveness of demos with them now even showing the SAME product several times during the shows certainly lends itself to take the FUN out of shopping.....

Enjoy your yard work!!!  Take Care !!! 

Hey SPURT,  great synopsis of the weekend, as always.  I would like to suggest for new pet products, LOGO for dogs (Gidget could be stylin'), Temp-tations dog and cat bowls and pooper scoopers, with Temp-tations pooper bags, WEN in chicken and beef scents, and of course, a grain free version, D&B cat and dog carriers with Logo Locks, and potstickers, meatballs, mac and cheese, etc. in dog and cat flavors. 

Do you think they will go with those suggestions???

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

Hi,@Spurt: The dog who got into mischief with the lipstick was so funny!  I also enjoyed the three yorkies with dresses and hair bows.

Unfortunately, I'm getting deja vu all over again, LOL. There are only 2 things l might be interested in watching this weekend. I was an All My Children fan from way back, and was sad when it was cancelled. So l'll try to watch Susan Lucci. She's ageless. And the Vera Bradley quilted handbag looks interesting, so l'll probably check that out, b/c I'm a "bag lady," as you know. Otherwise, it's a snoozefest.

Have a great weekend, all.

@handygal2 Hi HANDYGAL....I agree with you on the dog & the lipstick--these pet shaming photos are so funny---love em!!!

If you have a Stein Mart in your locality head on over to that store, a friend of mine got a GREAT deal on a Vera Bradley handbag.....and no $12 shipping fee....which makes the deal twice as nice Woman Very Happy  Other name brands can be found there too....I got a great Stone Mountain turquoise bag there and love their prices and I' not much of a baginista!!! 

HAPPY SHOPPING! Woman Very Happy

@Spurt: Thanks for the heads-up re: Steinmart. I don't have one near me, but l will check out their website!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katiescarlett wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@3cupcakes wrote:

@Spurt   ms. spurt, you have nailed it again for this weekend.

it would be wonderful to see any of carolyn pets or dan's too if they go ahead w/the pet shows.  at least they would be something different! 

@stevieb is right; it's not fun for many of us anymore.

so it's yard work as the weather is to be nice, which is not fun either, but at least i've got a tidy yard to show for it.

this weekends line up makes me feel like the kitten drapped over the red chair.  Cat Tongue

@3cupcakes 

Gee....maybe the Q Execs have run out of ideas and finally figured out that at least maybe some pet shows MIGHT make some customers actually tune in.......As I said before I always got a chuckle out of the previous pet spots with Dan's Dog Murphy.....and would love to see either Dan's or Carolyn's pets give the demonstrations.....

Despite QVC's efforts to entice with their GOLDEN SPATULA AWARDS the programming has me imitating the kitty draped over the red chair too....The  Q and their reruns on products and repetitiveness of demos with them now even showing the SAME product several times during the shows certainly lends itself to take the FUN out of shopping.....

Enjoy your yard work!!!  Take Care !!! 

Hey SPURT,  great synopsis of the weekend, as always.  I would like to suggest for new pet products, LOGO for dogs (Gidget could be stylin'), Temp-tations dog and cat bowls and pooper scoopers, with Temp-tations pooper bags, WEN in chicken and beef scents, and of course, a grain free version, D&B cat and dog carriers with Logo Locks, and potstickers, meatballs, mac and cheese, etc. in dog and cat flavors. 

Do you think they will go with those suggestions???

@katiescarlett  You are too funny!  Tho can I add obi belt leashes! Perhaps w/matching collars!   😂

@Spurt  Golden spatula awards.   eye-yey-yey.........

may I ask what you are reading?  I love a good cozy mystery!

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

Hi,@Spurt: The dog who got into mischief with the lipstick was so funny!  I also enjoyed the three yorkies with dresses and hair bows.

Unfortunately, I'm getting deja vu all over again, LOL. There are only 2 things l might be interested in watching this weekend. I was an All My Children fan from way back, and was sad when it was cancelled. So l'll try to watch Susan Lucci. She's ageless. And the Vera Bradley quilted handbag looks interesting, so l'll probably check that out, b/c I'm a "bag lady," as you know. Otherwise, it's a snoozefest.

Have a great weekend, all.

@handygal2 Hi HANDYGAL....I agree with you on the dog & the lipstick--these pet shaming photos are so funny---love em!!!

If you have a Stein Mart in your locality head on over to that store, a friend of mine got a GREAT deal on a Vera Bradley handbag.....and no $12 shipping fee....which makes the deal twice as nice Woman Very Happy  Other name brands can be found there too....I got a great Stone Mountain turquoise bag there and love their prices and I' not much of a baginista!!! 

HAPPY SHOPPING! Woman Very Happy

@Spurt: Thanks for the heads-up re: Steinmart. I don't have one near me, but l will check out their website!

Uh huh... uh huh... @handygal2

Woman Very Happy  Woman Surprised  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Boy I just have to say that this was one fully rotten smell-a-thon of a day on the Q... Not one single show in a twenty four hour period of any interest whatsoever... Not a single one...

Valued Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Boy I just have to say that this was one fully rotten smell-a-thon of a day on the Q... Not one single show in a twenty four hour period of any interest whatsoever... Not a single one...

stevie, definitely stinky.  I did watch the video of the cookbook online, however, but would never buy it from QVC.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call