Valued Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRVW 2/13-2/14-SPRING FEVER and BLENDING IN!

@Spurt wrote:

@katiescarlett wrote:

OMG, SPURT, how did you get a picture of my Tater Tot, he looks just like the kitty in the second photo!  And my Bitsy who looks like the  pastel calico in the picture after the one of Dan!

I cannot believe an entire day of gardening stuff.  I love spring, gardening and flowers, but not the rip-off plants the Q sells.  And egads, another IMTAB TSV.

And in regard to Bliss Hammocks, I prefer my Pawleys Island, SC-made hammock, the original  rope hammock!  And I have a double rocker, too.  Just like I prefer the Charleston Tea Plantation teas!

@katiescarlett  Hey KATIE! Gee I must be psychic to select those photos that look just like your Tater Tot & Bitsy---Woman LOL  If your furbabies are like the pix they are very cute!! 

I know with our unseasonally warm weather people are out in their gardens and all the garden nurseries, home improvement stores, and even the grocery stores have all their plants on display for sale.....so who needs the Q Woman Wink  but sadly I bet we are in store for at least one more freeze and all the gardeners will have for their hard work is dead frozen plants....

So are Charleston Tea Plantation teas just sold locally or could I get them at a Super Target or Whole Foods or something I wonder....I'd like to try them.... I do like a good cup of tea (both hot and iced)....

Hey SPURT,

Charleston Tea Plantation tea can be ordered directly from them - they have loose tea and tea in pyramid bags.   Just google the name.   They usually start to harvest around early May and have a limited edition tea called First Flush that is the first picked tea of the season.  I went on a tour there and it was great, really a neat place.  The tea plants originally came from an overgrown place from the early 1900's, and replanted by Lipton.  They gave up, and it was later put back into production by another company that sold it as American Classics.  They went bankrupt but Bigelow bought it at auction and really turned it around.  They now offer their versions of English Breakfast (Charleston Breakfast), Earl Grey (Governor Grey), green tea, green tea with mint, etc.   I think they may sell the regular tea at Whole Foods.   From my tour, they said over half of the tea we buy in the grocery stores comes from Argentina, and the highest per capita drinkers of tea in the world are the Irish!  There is a gift shop and you can sit on the veranda in big rocker and drink all the hot or iced tea you want for free.  I thought about sticking one of the rockers on the roof of my car and driving off but did not think I would get away with it!

Re:  weather and plants, my camellias are taking a beating with temps in the 70's then dropping to the 30's a couple of days later.  They will be loaded with blossoms, and two days later loaded with brown mushy flowers.  Yuck.  And the tulip magnolias are blooming, too.  Yesterday it barely made it out of the 30's and Sat. is supposed to be 73. 

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

@katiescarlett wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@katiescarlett wrote:

OMG, SPURT, how did you get a picture of my Tater Tot, he looks just like the kitty in the second photo!  And my Bitsy who looks like the  pastel calico in the picture after the one of Dan!

I cannot believe an entire day of gardening stuff.  I love spring, gardening and flowers, but not the rip-off plants the Q sells.  And egads, another IMTAB TSV.

And in regard to Bliss Hammocks, I prefer my Pawleys Island, SC-made hammock, the original  rope hammock!  And I have a double rocker, too.  Just like I prefer the Charleston Tea Plantation teas!

@katiescarlett  Hey KATIE! Gee I must be psychic to select those photos that look just like your Tater Tot & Bitsy---Woman LOL  If your furbabies are like the pix they are very cute!! 

I know with our unseasonally warm weather people are out in their gardens and all the garden nurseries, home improvement stores, and even the grocery stores have all their plants on display for sale.....so who needs the Q Woman Wink  but sadly I bet we are in store for at least one more freeze and all the gardeners will have for their hard work is dead frozen plants....

So are Charleston Tea Plantation teas just sold locally or could I get them at a Super Target or Whole Foods or something I wonder....I'd like to try them.... I do like a good cup of tea (both hot and iced)....

Hey SPURT,

Charleston Tea Plantation tea can be ordered directly from them - they have loose tea and tea in pyramid bags.   Just google the name.   They usually start to harvest around early May and have a limited edition tea called First Flush that is the first picked tea of the season.  I went on a tour there and it was great, really a neat place.  The tea plants originally came from an overgrown place from the early 1900's, and replanted by Lipton.  They gave up, and it was later put back into production by another company that sold it as American Classics.  They went bankrupt but Bigelow bought it at auction and really turned it around.  They now offer their versions of English Breakfast (Charleston Breakfast), Earl Grey (Governor Grey), green tea, green tea with mint, etc.   I think they may sell the regular tea at Whole Foods.   From my tour, they said over half of the tea we buy in the grocery stores comes from Argentina, and the highest per capita drinkers of tea in the world are the Irish!  There is a gift shop and you can sit on the veranda in big rocker and drink all the hot or iced tea you want for free.  I thought about sticking one of the rockers on the roof of my car and driving off but did not think I would get away with it!

Re:  weather and plants, my camellias are taking a beating with temps in the 70's then dropping to the 30's a couple of days later.  They will be loaded with blossoms, and two days later loaded with brown mushy flowers.  Yuck.  And the tulip magnolias are blooming, too.  Yesterday it barely made it out of the 30's and Sat. is supposed to be 73. 

@katiescarlett  Thanks for the info on the tea KATIE I will have to definitely check into it!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb  Oh it's been an interesting week! My sis was going to have new carpet installed and after me and other friends helped her move furniture to rooms that have hardwood floors and didn't need carpeting so the carpet guys could install the new stuff in the other areas of her home---she waited all day long and one guy showed up at 6PM and said he couldn't do it because she had "a house full of furniture" my sis pointed out that it had been moved to areas they wouldn't be working in.....the guy said he would have to talk to his supervisor......she called the company, sent photos of her virtually "empty" rooms and she told them off but good.....The poor Supervisor was so "shook up" that she had to take Friday and the weekend off----REALLLY???  How would she like to waste her day waiting around for nothing....So they showed upon Friday and got it all done....so I spent Saturday helping her put her house back together......and she had me dust things that looked like they haven't been dusted in 5 years---LOL!!!  Other stronger people helped her move back the heavier things.....we got it in order....she is now looking for new nightstands for her bedroom and boy furniture is expensive even with the so called Presidents Days Sales going on........we went to Home Goods and she spent 5 hours at Hobby Lobby while she tried to make a decision on new lamps!!! Smiley

Then we went to Wally World to get some organizers for her home office....that was a BIG mistake....I have really HAD IT with that store!!!  The employees are so UNHELPFUL, the store is a mess, and then there was the checkout time.....What is it with Wally World's employees---this was supposed to be an EXPRESS LINE, but we waited while the current cashier was arguing with another cashier that wanted to take over the register....the one trying to take over told the current cashier that she should've left at 11AM and the one ringing up purchases said what was the point of the raise if she didn't get some extra hours in....meanwhile we customers waited in line while they continued their verbal exchange......finally the cashier turned her register over to the bossy one.....who then left to help a random customer who have journeyed over to our register to complain that he couldn't find a price for an item.....so their she went merrily on her way to find a price while we stood in line some more in an EXPRESS line....other lines were longer and more crowded and so few (as they always are) ....then the cashier brought the wayward customer and his purchases to the front of the line and cut in front of all of us that had been waiting all through the verbal exchange and price check....when I got up there I informed both the RUDE customer and RUDE cashier that the polite thing to do was to call a Manager to help with the price check and tell the RUDE customer to go to the BACK of the line!!! I would have left my purchases at the counter and headed off to another store, had it not been for the fact that the other stores I had checked had not been sold out of my item!!!  I did not even say thank you as she handed me my receipt and gave her a "go to hades look" and said Wal Mart has the most unprofessional employees in the entire retail world and its not surprising to me that the company is closing stores and walked off (and it wasn't the first time I've seen cashiers arguing with one another).....I did go to the Wal Mart website and gave them feedback on my "fun" experience.....I may never venture into one of their stores again.....no wonder many financial analysts see the cracks in their armor and failure in their near future, this once "king of the retail world" looks like its ready for a fall........And I think the reason my item was in stock is because FEWER people are shopping there these days.....and I hear the same complaints by family, friends, and co-workers, and even on this Forum!!! 

Well I hope your repairs and dealing with the insurance companies and flood repairs is all is going smoothly for you...I hope the various entities you are dealing with are pleasant and efficient and do stellar work!!!  BTW are there ANY companies that provide good products or services and good service these days....??????  One thing I learned---QVC---may not be at the top of the retail world, but they sure are not at the bottom in terms of customer service!!! I crown a NEW KING---WALLY WORLD!!!

Since I'm going through NO NFL Withdrawl I flipped through the channels and saw "the exercise busy mom" and flipped right past......I guess QVC still holds the title of KING OF THE WORST PROGRAMMING! Woman Frustrated

stevie,  I feel you pain with wally world.  I hate that store and refuse to go in.  Their employees are non-existent, the lines are long, they are often out of stock, and I feel they had a role in jobs being moved out of the US.  They used to tout how they saved jobs in Alabama, etc., but no more, and I hate their business practices.  And their food prices are really not that great compared to other stores.   The stores are too big, I hate walking from one end to the other to find something.  So,  it has been at least over a year since I last stepped foot in one.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katiescarlett wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb  Oh it's been an interesting week! My sis was going to have new carpet installed and after me and other friends helped her move furniture to rooms that have hardwood floors and didn't need carpeting so the carpet guys could install the new stuff in the other areas of her home---she waited all day long and one guy showed up at 6PM and said he couldn't do it because she had "a house full of furniture" my sis pointed out that it had been moved to areas they wouldn't be working in.....the guy said he would have to talk to his supervisor......she called the company, sent photos of her virtually "empty" rooms and she told them off but good.....The poor Supervisor was so "shook up" that she had to take Friday and the weekend off----REALLLY???  How would she like to waste her day waiting around for nothing....So they showed upon Friday and got it all done....so I spent Saturday helping her put her house back together......and she had me dust things that looked like they haven't been dusted in 5 years---LOL!!!  Other stronger people helped her move back the heavier things.....we got it in order....she is now looking for new nightstands for her bedroom and boy furniture is expensive even with the so called Presidents Days Sales going on........we went to Home Goods and she spent 5 hours at Hobby Lobby while she tried to make a decision on new lamps!!! Smiley

Then we went to Wally World to get some organizers for her home office....that was a BIG mistake....I have really HAD IT with that store!!!  The employees are so UNHELPFUL, the store is a mess, and then there was the checkout time.....What is it with Wally World's employees---this was supposed to be an EXPRESS LINE, but we waited while the current cashier was arguing with another cashier that wanted to take over the register....the one trying to take over told the current cashier that she should've left at 11AM and the one ringing up purchases said what was the point of the raise if she didn't get some extra hours in....meanwhile we customers waited in line while they continued their verbal exchange......finally the cashier turned her register over to the bossy one.....who then left to help a random customer who have journeyed over to our register to complain that he couldn't find a price for an item.....so their she went merrily on her way to find a price while we stood in line some more in an EXPRESS line....other lines were longer and more crowded and so few (as they always are) ....then the cashier brought the wayward customer and his purchases to the front of the line and cut in front of all of us that had been waiting all through the verbal exchange and price check....when I got up there I informed both the RUDE customer and RUDE cashier that the polite thing to do was to call a Manager to help with the price check and tell the RUDE customer to go to the BACK of the line!!! I would have left my purchases at the counter and headed off to another store, had it not been for the fact that the other stores I had checked had not been sold out of my item!!!  I did not even say thank you as she handed me my receipt and gave her a "go to hades look" and said Wal Mart has the most unprofessional employees in the entire retail world and its not surprising to me that the company is closing stores and walked off (and it wasn't the first time I've seen cashiers arguing with one another).....I did go to the Wal Mart website and gave them feedback on my "fun" experience.....I may never venture into one of their stores again.....no wonder many financial analysts see the cracks in their armor and failure in their near future, this once "king of the retail world" looks like its ready for a fall........And I think the reason my item was in stock is because FEWER people are shopping there these days.....and I hear the same complaints by family, friends, and co-workers, and even on this Forum!!! 

Well I hope your repairs and dealing with the insurance companies and flood repairs is all is going smoothly for you...I hope the various entities you are dealing with are pleasant and efficient and do stellar work!!!  BTW are there ANY companies that provide good products or services and good service these days....??????  One thing I learned---QVC---may not be at the top of the retail world, but they sure are not at the bottom in terms of customer service!!! I crown a NEW KING---WALLY WORLD!!!

Since I'm going through NO NFL Withdrawl I flipped through the channels and saw "the exercise busy mom" and flipped right past......I guess QVC still holds the title of KING OF THE WORST PROGRAMMING! Woman Frustrated

stevie,  I feel you pain with wally world.  I hate that store and refuse to go in.  Their employees are non-existent, the lines are long, they are often out of stock, and I feel they had a role in jobs being moved out of the US.  They used to tout how they saved jobs in Alabama, etc., but no more, and I hate their business practices.  And their food prices are really not that great compared to other stores.   The stores are too big, I hate walking from one end to the other to find something.  So,  it has been at least over a year since I last stepped foot in one.

@katiescarlett  That was my experience with Wally World and stevie had a similar experience too.....Probably the last time I step foot in their stores .....Their grocery department may have more national brands than our supermarket chain....but their produce and deli aren't anything to write home about either....Target, Home Goods, TJ MAXX, Marshalls & Stein Mart, BB&B are better alternatives for many things Wally offers.....and since our grocery store chain is having a big competition with Wal Mart---The grocery store giant, HEB, is offering lower prices on kitchen wares and appliances---you can find named brand coffee pots, blenders, toasters, hand mixers etc etc with prices cheaper than Wally World!!!Woman Tongue 

Oh BTW Wal Mart never even responded to my complaint---not an email or phone call.....just goes to show.....

And it's sad that Wal Mart chased away many small business in small towns, and now Wal Mart is leaving them in the lurch without any alternatives for employment or places to shop.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Yes, I have seen the news reports of small towns where Wal-Mart came in, and local grocery stores, drug stores, hardware stores closed only now to be left, like you say, in the lurch when wally world closes.  It just happened in a small town near here just a month ago.

I am afraid I am becoming a bit radical in my old age!

Richard C. Call