Honored Contributor

Q DID WHAT? PRVW 2/13-2/14-SPRING FEVER and BLENDING IN!

[ Edited ]

Hello Folks!

Spring is definitely in the air in West Chester, PA ( I think they take Punxsutawney Phil's prediction seriously for an early spring)......

but this time instead of fashion, QVC concentrates on spring gardening!!!!That's right, a whole Saturday of SPRING FEVER-GARDEN SPECIAL!!!!

This feline is ready to dig in......

These folks are really "digging" the Saturday programming.......

There will be plenty of plants and flowers to purchase with shows by ROBERTA'S UNIQUE GARDENS and GARDENING MADE EASY WITH COTTAGE FARMS..... 

The day starts off with THE GREAT OUTDOORS WITH DAN!!! 

Next, SATURDAY MORNING Q-GARDENING EDITION!  Some of you won't be able to handle the excitement!

Several shows of SCOTT LIVING OUTDOOR STYLE WITH THE SCOTT BROTHERS!!! Now some of you may have a

Just who are the Scott brothers?.......It's twin brothers, Jonathon and Drew from HGTV....weren't they previously on HSN?????  They will help you plan a beautiful retreat for relaxing and entertaining outdoors.....Shows are at 2-3PM and 8-9PM

Stay glued to the tube with PATIO & GARDEN---These
shows offer everything from deck accessories to decorative items, fountains to fertilizer, outdoor furniture to outdoor lighting, pressure washers to plants, and more.

And QVC brings back an old favorite....OUTDOOR ESCAPES BY BLISS HAMMOCKS!

And SPRING FEVER concludes with GARDEN PARTY WITH CAROLYN!

These garden enthusiasts are ready for the show....

Gardening is a lot of work....so what would QVC bring out for a Sunday.....why get your motors ready.....it's our old friend....VITAMIX!!!!---MORE THAN A BLENDER!!!  Fun recipes like --- broccoli soup, chickpeas and hummus, zucchini, summer squash, and scallion pancakes! Why you can even make a pumpkin based beauty face mask, or an aromatic body scrub---(does Philosophy know about this).......And you can't enough of those demos (and lets go through the colors over and over again!!!) shows are at 3-4AM, 9-10AM, 5PM-6PM, 8PM-9PM, 11PM-12AM.....WHEW that's a LOT of blending....

But before you get blended into a frenzy.....there's some leftover gardening with GARDENING MADE EASY BY COTTAGE FARMS!

And there's SUNDAYS WITH CAROLYN & DAN featuring Vitamix and Lori Greiner!

Hang on to your gardening hat---it's not one, not two, not three, not even four,.....it's FIVE big hours of IN THE KITCHEN WITH DAVID!!!  Of course it's Valentine's Day so give your sweetie a Valentine's Day treat....by turning off the TV and taking them to lunch!!!

And in between all that blending and endless soups, sauces, and smoothies enjoy some fashion with QUACKER FACTORY, LOGO, AND SUSAN GRAVER STYLE---WEEKEND EDITION!!!

Have a great weekend...and HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRVW 2/13-2/14-SPRING FEVER & BLENDING!

SPURT:  I opened up Q Talk and there you were already, giving me my weekly smile.  This week every single gorgeous animal picture is my favorite (although I do have a sneaking extra smile for Punxsutawney Phil, I guess because we only see him once a year).  Anyway, once again you have surpassed yourself.  I know, I know, I could say that every week but your pictures are just lovely.  Have a very happy Valentine's Day and a super weekend. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRVW 2/13-2/14-SPRING FEVER and BLENDING IN!

@Spurt these are just too, too sweet!  You are so creative to find just the right photos to go /your posts. The spaniel (?) w/the flower wreath is beautiful.

now, if I don't stop the "cold weather" munching & snacking soon, that kitty squashed in the flower pot is going to be me being squashed in my jeans!  😜

Thanks so much for your great posts!

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi Ms. @Spurt

Thanks again for this bright spot to our week.

I am particularly enjoying the pics of the animals having fun, and doing things on their own. 

I used to have a white terrier (sort of a Westie mix like this one here) who loved to dig like this one is doing.  (When the SF Giants were winning the World Series, she had her own bandanna, too.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

OMG, SPURT, how did you get a picture of my Tater Tot, he looks just like the kitty in the second photo!  And my Bitsy who looks like the  pastel calico in the picture after the one of Dan!

I cannot believe an entire day of gardening stuff.  I love spring, gardening and flowers, but not the rip-off plants the Q sells.  And egads, another IMTAB TSV.

And in regard to Bliss Hammocks, I prefer my Pawleys Island, SC-made hammock, the original  rope hammock!  And I have a double rocker, too.  Just like I prefer the Charleston Tea Plantation teas!

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Respected Contributor

Ha, Phil hasn't even been right as often as the weather people, so I discount him altogether.

Love the photo of that kitty clutching the greens and his face in them.  I was reading an article about growing "sunflower sprouts" to let the animals graze on.  I know my indoor girls love it when I grow the kitty grass for them.  I have a little garden in the office because if I leave it at home, they will eat it down to the roots.

The weather for this area is cold, colder and coldest so my plans are to be inside all weekend - maybe I will peruse some of the gardening stuff but I have a bunch of VCR tapes that I've been converting to DVD so I can work on that while I stay warm (I hope).

I know we make fun of the vitamix stuff and certainly I don't watch the hours and hours of the presentations but sometimes they do show some new recipes to follow.  Although I tried making the broccoli soup that is in the cookbook (yes I own a vitamix - bought many years ago) and it was the BLANDEST recipe ever. Yech!  I wound up looking for one online and using that instead.

Hope all of you stay safe and enjoy the weekend, whatever you do.

As always @Spurt, your preview is a great read every week.

Trusted Contributor

Thank You SPURT! You made my weekend . You chased the winter blues away with your kitty photos and clever descriptions. What would the weekend be with out you?? I look forward to your posts. You make me smile every week.  Happy Valentines Day.   💞💞💞💞

Honored Contributor

Gardening shows on a weekend when there's expected to be record-breaking single-digit temperatures, with wind chills below zero, here in the northeast. Great timing again for the Q, LOL. And the Vitamix and ITKWD are must-not-see-tv for me, as always.

The Valentines kitties, and cuties with the flowered headdresses are adorable. Happy Valentine's Day all, and to those in the frozen tundra-- stay warm and safe!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@Spurt

Another fun synopsis of Q's "great exciting" weekend line-up!!! The kitties are adorable my fav is "spa" cat.

Thanks for my weekend laugh....Happy Valentines Day!!!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the laughs.  I've been missing some of the weekend updates.

I do gardening chores year round, and am not always very happy about this!  So don't quite understand how some people are supposed to get excited about this type of push.  It's almost as bad as trying to get us excited about cleaning products.