Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRVW 10/1-10/2 SNEAKY SHEEP!

[ Edited ]

I've said it before and I'll say it again, but I am SO glad I'm not on any of the host's gift list... Their gift choices, well, what can I say... they stink... Really stink... Really, really stink...

Image result for holding nose  Image result for holding nose

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, but I am SO glad I'm not on any of the host's gift list... Their gift choices, well, what can I say... they stink... Really stink... Really, really stink...

Image result for holding nose  Image result for holding nose

@stevieb

Hey Stevie how ya been?  Hope the weather in the Qwappitol has improved......I had a volunteer gig and got home late Saturday night and started watching some college football....and during commercials I got curious and flipped it occasionally back to QVC and your right---The Q host's gift selections were stinky and downright laughable! Woman LOL

Think how swanky you'll look wearing your muk luck socks with your lighted power cap while wearing your smart phone wrist wallet (I think the newer smart phones are too heavy to wear on the wrists)..... The epitome of a fashionista......Woman Very Happy  The only thing to worry about is will the wrist wallet eventually replace the handbag!!!  Woman Wink

MUK LUKS 2 Pair Jojoba Infused Cabin Socks with Faux Fur - A284548Panther Vision Powercap Hat w/ 4 LED Lights - V33539  S/2 Big Banjee 2-Pocket Cell Phone Wrist Wallet bySprigs - F11588

Of course all the  old "favorites" were there too---Lug, Clarista, Dyson hand held vac, humidifiers, drones and throws.......And Just think the season is just getting started... Woman Very Happy Woman WinkWoman Frustrated  And question, will the receipient or the gifter have to pay the "try me fee" for all this lovely merchandise!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb

When I've been working from home I had on QVC. Q's head fashionista seemed to host a lot of shows lately....she keeps adding to her "I don't like" list.....it's bad enough she doesn't like pants, handbags, and now she's added earrings.....she seems so disinterested no matter what is being shown even on the accessory shows ....Well heaven forbid if one makes a suggestion in Q's designated category to change up the hosts.........Woman Frustrated

Funny story about my sis that you will appreciate.....I went with my sis to Home Goods, she wanted to check out those cat towers that they had there for her new kitty (cheaper than Petsmart)......and they had switched the store all around....and how delightful to see all the new merchandise!!!!  (Q take a lesson).... we went to the usual spot for the pet stuff but it was filled with furniture and throw pillows....she stood there whining and  complaining why did they do away with the pet stuff, they just did away with it!!...I said just wait we need to look around the store because they moved all the different departments so be patient and let's look around.....she half way looked around and was ready to leave....I told her let me look....there in the corner was a huge sign hanging from the ceiling with the word PETS.....I pointed to it with a "don't be so impatient look"....HONESTLY!!!  And after all that, she said she didn't want to get it now, she'd get it for her cat for Christmas later....I didn't even get a chance to really shop---next time I'll go early and by myself!  Between her impatience and checking her phone every few seconds.....not the best shopping companion.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Hilarious! At least the moderators have a sense of humor to let us see your advertising skills.  I thought I might see an 'unkind to QVC' message out here.  The day when I want to buy a mattress off TV, they'll stop selling them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

Hilarious! At least the moderators have a sense of humor to let us see your advertising skills.  I thought I might see an 'unkind to QVC' message out here.  The day when I want to buy a mattress off TV, they'll stop selling them.

@AuntG

Glad you enjoyed it....and yes I make sure my preview complies with QVC's Community Guidelines & Standards......The reason for the thread is to give someone a smile or a chuckle to those going through rough times.....illness of themselves or loved one, loss of a loved one, or just someone having a bad day/week....

Your right! I cannot fathom buying a mattress from TV I would want to examine it and try it out ......  Perhaps the buyers are homebound and have no choice, but how many of those prospective buyers can there be, wouldn't it be better for QVC to sell something else that appeals to a broader audience....

Honored Contributor

The weather here in the Qwapital has been miserable... Today was nicer, but muggy... @Spurt... Still waiting for fall and wondering if this is another year when we'll essentially see two seasons, YET again...

Remind me to remind you to NEVER invite me to go shopping with your sister. I have no doubt it would end in violence... No offense, I'm sure she's lovely, but she sounds like a flake...

Woman Wink

As for the Q, their hosts, their host picks and certainly their head 'fashionista', I gave up the ghost (along with any hope whatsoever...) long ago... I think, though, her mantra about hating everything is just so that when she says something has 'changed her life' even though she's SO not one to wear ______ (fill in the blank) we're all supposed to be dumb enough to fall for it and rush to the phones... Ain't happening...

Woman Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt I have some skechers and wear them.  I stopped wearing Ryka because the sizing was so crazy that I gave up.  Oh wait, actually that's why I didn't buy the skechers.  The last pair I bought were completely wrong for sizing and I'm tired of wasting my $ to send badly fitting items back.

Ha, glad to know that I'm not the only cat owner who can't get to wear a collar.  I enjoyed the football games because unfortunately the weather did not cooperate for any outdoor activities this weekend.

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Spurt I have some skechers and wear them.  I stopped wearing Ryka because the sizing was so crazy that I gave up.  Oh wait, actually that's why I didn't buy the skechers.  The last pair I bought were completely wrong for sizing and I'm tired of wasting my $ to send badly fitting items back.

Ha, glad to know that I'm not the only cat owner who can't get to wear a collar.  I enjoyed the football games because unfortunately the weather did not cooperate for any outdoor activities this weekend.

@GinaV24

Thankfully I found my Ryka size before the Q's new return policy went into effect and I requested and got a full refund on shipping and return due to inaccurate sizing. I normally wear a 6M --- I went to DSW and tried on the exact style in person and replaced my QVC order with a size 7M which is my QVC Ryka size.....So now I know what to order when I order Ryka's from QVC. The reason I was persistent and jumped through hoops was because QVC's price even with shipping beat several local stores for the same shoe and Ryka provides the arch support I need.

Sorry your weather didn't cooperate--- I saw the rain really come down during the Steelers/Chiefs game......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb

Sorry to hear your weather hasn't cooperated with the Calendar and fall like weather.

A couple of "cool" fronts took us out of the 90's into the upper 70's Woman Very Happy, but the temps slowly crept back to the mid/upper 80's...at least the humidity was taken away......the mornings/evenings are cool and very pleasant.  I DO hope we get more cool weather and some cold winter days too .....

As for the head fashionista.....you are probably right the flip flopping between the "I hate it" and "this changed my life" is nothing more than a twisted sales gimmick.....and it won't have me rushing to the phones either!!!  Although some of the pompom crew loves her "honesty", to me her negative commentary is just a turnoff and says she doesn't particularly like her job, but likes the paycheck....  I know, I know ---QVC will continue to be an ostrich and stick their head in the sand and maintain the status quo---it's their M.O.   But strange how Ms. Claire was so unceremoniously and abruptly shown the door, but they continue to employ their current troop of court jesters even after seeing their financial results .......

As for my sis....anyone that likes dopey Eli shows a flakey character flaw which extends to all aspects of life unfortunately shopping included......pity her poor cat that has to put up with her quirkiness!!!

Esteemed Contributor

ah, that's a great idea @Spurt but having to go up a full shoe size when they will tell us during a presentation that it is "true to size" is maddening to me.  I agree with you though - the last time I bought Ryka's it was the short boot and I also went up a full size to get the correct fit.

Well it wasn't a total loss for the weekend, the kitties and I took a nice nap before I went out to meet friends for dinner.  yes that rain during the game was amazing.