Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRVW 1/23-24 VROOOM & SOMETHINGS COOKING!

I don't have a hobby lobby by me but when the snow clears I plan to get to Homegoods and see what they have.  Actually my "clearing out the spare room" has resulted ini me finding a couple of items that I had "buried" in there so I pulled them out - maybe I don't need to buy anything new! 

@Spurt fun times as always, and nope I'm not going to watch David or Jill in the kitchen!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt @stevieb

I'm near Philadelphia and we have been covered up with this snow storm but if the power stays on, I think I'll manage everything else.

Spurt, your comment about snow shovels with temptations patterns cracked me up!  I heard one of the news shows interviewing people as they shopped and one question they asked was "where did last year's shovel go?"  One woman answered, I don't know I guess it's in the yard somewhere.  Really?  Amazing!

I watched AM style this morning and missed the Mally comment.  Personally I think that was pretty funny and considering some of the things that a particular host says that IMO are far more inappopropriate, I don't see where QVC should get all prudish on that, but  who knows htese days.

JTV has their artisan collection on right now (opposite LOGO on QVC) and I'll choose jewelry even if I am not buying

Hope everyone stays safe, warm and cozy.  Both cats just wandered by and hopped into the heated bed together so I guess upstairs has lost its appeal for the time being.

Esteemed Contributor

LOL, @Spurt well I always look for a good reason to cozy up with a good book, some recorded shows and the kitties, rather than clean.  Oh boy I can just see me trying to get my girls into one of those socks.  No way in the world would that happen and I like my skin intact!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Well @Spurt, things are pretty harsh here in the old Qwapitol about now and the LAST thing I need is to watch TV that is NOT a diversion and will DECREASE the relaxation factor, so no, I'll be taking a pass on all things Q... I stir clear of the kitchen shows at all costs, but yes, I saw VPH's 'sneak peek' and elected to skip the shows... YET more of the same old same old... I have to wonder why some of the ladies over in "Home" get so excited whenever Val's in the house. For heaven's sake, it's always the same stuff. What's to get excited about...?

To quote an old holiday season song, the weather outside is frightful... way frightful... But the Q is not delightful, so no, I'll leave the amazing... weekend programming to others... I might be a captive audience, but fortunately, I have several good books to read...

Geesh, all I wanted was a nice serene snowfall... pretty and peaceful, but this one is a real monster... Not at all what I was hoping for...

Enjoy your weekend...

@stevieb  It's a little bit scary to watch the national forecast ---yep, that storm is a MONSTER!!!!  I hope you have stocked up on food and have plenty of warm throws and blankets.....I'll tell you what I'll talk to our mayor and we'll trade you----here it's supposed to be sunny and cool (we were supposed to get a freeze last night) but we are expecting a high of 59 and sunny......Why we haven't had a GOOD snow storm here since 1983....it melts quickly here....I'll take care of all the arrangements...and go outside and start humming "let is snow, let it snow, let it snow" and walking (and NOT driving) in a winter wonderland---to see if I can divert a few snow flakes away from the stormy areas.......Woman WinkWoman Very Happy   But seriously take care!!!

I don't know why I torture myself but I did turn on AM STYLE this morning---Leah made it in and David Dingle remarked what an adverture he had getting to the Q from Miami....I was surprised that so many made it.....But there was a very funny moment on QVC---Leah's Facebook question was "what would you name your snowman" and Mally's answer was "Balls" then she started laughing as did several others (models demonstrating her makeup).....and she tried to recover by saying ya know like snowballs.....well the damaged had already been done....and Mally said, "well it's been nice knowing ya folks!"....Mally is always good for a laugh....first she admits on air she has gas, and now here's another one for the books........

During AM STYLE there was a promo for the Cooking On Q Sunday---afterall you HAVE TO prepare food for the Academy Awards and "the big game" (I guess the NFL in all their greed copyrighted the words "super bowl").....anyway....show of hands, who has their own Academy Award Party.....years ago when I actually watched---back when the movies were great, the actors handsome, and women displayed some glamour instead of skin and outrageous outfits---I put on my nightgown and perhaps made some popcorn to watch the show---

The promo for Sunday included David V and of all folks, one of our ultimate favorite hosts---LM---ya know she's the hostest with the mostest....and you will be THRILLED to learn she's taking David's first shift in hosting  IN THE KITCHEN WITH DAVID Sunday at noon, while he takes "the big finale"---that's enough to make you leave your warm abode and take a drive to West Chester to provide your opinion---LOL!!!  Woman Wink

I think the reason VPH's show was popular because it is something a LITTLE (and I said LITTLE) different from their usual fare during prime time......But honestly can't they at least nix the spheres!!!!  Enough is enough!!!  And I was thinking about any folks that purchased the lamp with fragrance beads....what happens in a few months when they no longer stock the fragrance beads leaving customers are left with a worthless hurricane lamp bead warmer--- you too can waste $44 plus tax Woman Frustrated.....  VPH's portion on Q's website had a pretty wreath with white flowers on a white door I might have considered.....but I'm sure Hobby Lobby will have a sale sometime in the future on their higher priced wreaths and garlands.....that's how I got my beautiful garland that I have on my amoire right now...Woman Very Happy

Have a good weekend---stay warm stay safe and hope power stays on!!!! 

P.S. I'm surprised QVC didn't suddenly offer patterns for sale with Temp-Tation's designed handles in the old world and floral lace patterns

@Spurt: The snow shovels in old world and floral lace patterns are a great idea, LOL. And with the speedy shipping, they might arrive by spring!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Well @Spurt, things are pretty harsh here in the old Qwapitol about now and the LAST thing I need is to watch TV that is NOT a diversion and will DECREASE the relaxation factor, so no, I'll be taking a pass on all things Q... I stir clear of the kitchen shows at all costs, but yes, I saw VPH's 'sneak peek' and elected to skip the shows... YET more of the same old same old... I have to wonder why some of the ladies over in "Home" get so excited whenever Val's in the house. For heaven's sake, it's always the same stuff. What's to get excited about...?

To quote an old holiday season song, the weather outside is frightful... way frightful... But the Q is not delightful, so no, I'll leave the amazing... weekend programming to others... I might be a captive audience, but fortunately, I have several good books to read...

Geesh, all I wanted was a nice serene snowfall... pretty and peaceful, but this one is a real monster... Not at all what I was hoping for...

Enjoy your weekend...

@stevieb  It's a little bit scary to watch the national forecast ---yep, that storm is a MONSTER!!!!  I hope you have stocked up on food and have plenty of warm throws and blankets.....I'll tell you what I'll talk to our mayor and we'll trade you----here it's supposed to be sunny and cool (we were supposed to get a freeze last night) but we are expecting a high of 59 and sunny......Why we haven't had a GOOD snow storm here since 1983....it melts quickly here....I'll take care of all the arrangements...and go outside and start humming "let is snow, let it snow, let it snow" and walking (and NOT driving) in a winter wonderland---to see if I can divert a few snow flakes away from the stormy areas.......Woman WinkWoman Very Happy   But seriously take care!!!

I don't know why I torture myself but I did turn on AM STYLE this morning---Leah made it in and David Dingle remarked what an adverture he had getting to the Q from Miami....I was surprised that so many made it.....But there was a very funny moment on QVC---Leah's Facebook question was "what would you name your snowman" and Mally's answer was "Balls" then she started laughing as did several others (models demonstrating her makeup).....and she tried to recover by saying ya know like snowballs.....well the damaged had already been done....and Mally said, "well it's been nice knowing ya folks!"....Mally is always good for a laugh....first she admits on air she has gas, and now here's another one for the books........

During AM STYLE there was a promo for the Cooking On Q Sunday---afterall you HAVE TO prepare food for the Academy Awards and "the big game" (I guess the NFL in all their greed copyrighted the words "super bowl").....anyway....show of hands, who has their own Academy Award Party.....years ago when I actually watched---back when the movies were great, the actors handsome, and women displayed some glamour instead of skin and outrageous outfits---I put on my nightgown and perhaps made some popcorn to watch the show---

The promo for Sunday included David V and of all folks, one of our ultimate favorite hosts---LM---ya know she's the hostest with the mostest....and you will be THRILLED to learn she's taking David's first shift in hosting  IN THE KITCHEN WITH DAVID Sunday at noon, while he takes "the big finale"---that's enough to make you leave your warm abode and take a drive to West Chester to provide your opinion---LOL!!!  Woman Wink

I think the reason VPH's show was popular because it is something a LITTLE (and I said LITTLE) different from their usual fare during prime time......But honestly can't they at least nix the spheres!!!!  Enough is enough!!!  And I was thinking about any folks that purchased the lamp with fragrance beads....what happens in a few months when they no longer stock the fragrance beads leaving customers are left with a worthless hurricane lamp bead warmer--- you too can waste $44 plus tax Woman Frustrated.....  VPH's portion on Q's website had a pretty wreath with white flowers on a white door I might have considered.....but I'm sure Hobby Lobby will have a sale sometime in the future on their higher priced wreaths and garlands.....that's how I got my beautiful garland that I have on my amoire right now...Woman Very Happy

Have a good weekend---stay warm stay safe and hope power stays on!!!! 

P.S. I'm surprised QVC didn't suddenly offer patterns for sale with Temp-Tation's designed handles in the old world and floral lace patterns

@Spurt: The snow shovels in old world and floral lace patterns are a great idea, LOL. And with the speedy shipping, they might arrive by spring!

@handygal2@Spurt

I don't know, I hear those snow shovel handles crack when exposed to extreme cold... Go figure...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katiescarlett wrote:

stevie, take care up and be safe in the qwapital!  My elderly aunt lives in MD, in the DC suburbs, so I will call her later to check up on her later.  I awoke to a very light snowfall, and what stuck to the ground (practically nothing) would not even qualify as a light dusting.  I canceled my lesson because, not knowing what it would really be like this morning, I did not want to risk pulling a horse trailer with my precious cargo in it.  Plus it is just to cold for this Southern girl to be on a horse!  So, they got peppermints as a treat this morning and extra hay to keep them warm.  Gidget had her little pink doggie snowsuit on when she went to the barn with me.

Since books came up in the various discussions, I just finished the audio version of All The Light We Cannot See.  It was fantastic, and the guy reading it was exceptional, really made the book.  I think the reader of audio books can make or break them.  Since I have a long ride to and from work I download the books from the library onto my NOOK and listen to them in the car.

I guess now we are being bombarded by Roberta's and CF with their overpriced and puny plant offerings.  I may check online tomorrow to see if there are any interesting kitchen gadgets but won't watch.  I am sure there will be a plethora of TT.  Please don't give them any more suggestions, like TT snow shovels!! 

Anyway, those of you in the storm area, stay warm and stay safe!

@katiescarlett  Why I think thos TT snow shovels would be just perfect for your barn cleaning chores.....Woman Very Happy

Hope there are no snow accumulations for you and your critters KATIE---And I hope your aunt is okay and safe!

Hmmmm never tried audio books, but they might be a good idea when I'm doing some house cleaning (sounds better than having QVC on in the background) or when I'm exercising.....A friend's stepmom loves loves loves the audio books when she's gardening or jogging....

Yep, GARDENING has begun on the Q and capris can't be far behind---capris, capris, capris---you would've thought that West Chester was somewhere in the South Pacific since thats all they bring out until October!!! Woman Frustrated  Not that I buy them at the Q anymore either...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@stevieb ha!  well normally I wouldn't be trapped in the house so I would have other choices to get AWAY from the TV altogether on the weekend.  I seem to remember a time when QVC actually had weekend shows that I WAS willing to tune in for but that was a long time ago now.  Most of the time, they schedule thinigs I might be interested in watching & therefore buying on weekdays when (gasp) I'm at work!  Oh well, it does save me $$.

However being trapped in the house due to the storm has resulted in me cleaning the spare room AND the pantry so it isn't all a bad thing.  I did watch AM Style this morning and enjoyed it (I skipped out on clarisonic and the no jiggle presentations however).

Tomorrow will be devoted to shovelinig snow & football!  No foodieness for me although I am baking coolkies and made a chicken pot pie (my version of cold weather comfort food).

@GinaV24  homemade chicken pot pie....I'll rent a snow mobile and be right over Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GinaV24  Yep, good ole closet cleaning always reveals a few forgotten treasures for me too---funny how that happens.....When I packed away my Christmas tree I saw a big cardboard box and had to look inside to see what the heck was in it---lo and behold a VPH spring wreath I had forgotten all about---I think before I buy new, I think I better start "shopping" at some of my own closests first----LOL!!!  Woman Very Happy 

OMG that woman didn't know where her shovel was------perhaps she's going to wait until May when all the snow is gone before she leaves her home????????????? Some people seem to be void of common sense.....

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 @stevieb @GinaV24 @katiescarlett  Ladies, ladies, ladies.....even if the Temp shovels don't arrive until spring think of what wonderful Easter gifts they will make, perfect for hiding those Easter eggs.....And don't forget those upcoming weddings, I'm sure the happy couple won't be able to thank you enough....and really is there no better suited gift for your favorite graduate than a shovel.....Woman Very Happy  And there's always Mother's day....mom would just love love love a shovel----Woman Very HappyWoman Very HappyWoman Very Happy

@stevieb  Now even if the handles crack in the cold, there is always TT's wonderful customer service ..... they will be happy to send you a replacement handle BUT of course the customer will pay for shipping and handling.....

HAPPY SHOVELING EVERYONE! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@handygal2 @stevieb @GinaV24 @katiescarlett  Ladies, ladies, ladies.....even if the Temp shovels don't arrive until spring think of what wonderful Easter gifts they will make, perfect for hiding those Easter eggs.....And don't forget those upcoming weddings, I'm sure the happy couple won't be able to thank you enough....and really is there no better suited gift for your favorite graduate than a shovel.....Woman Very Happy  And there's always Mother's day....mom would just love love love a shovel----Woman Very HappyWoman Very HappyWoman Very Happy

@stevieb  Now even if the handles crack in the cold, there is always TT's wonderful customer service ..... they will be happy to send you a replacement handle BUT of course the customer will pay for shipping and handling.....

HAPPY SHOVELING EVERYONE! Woman Very Happy

LOL, @Spurt. I'll be more than happy if l don't have to look at another shovel-- TT or otherwise-- until next year!!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~