Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRVW 1/14-1/5-NEW BEAUTY, NEW YOU & MORE COMPUTERS...

False Advertising.   A "day of beauty"  at QVC is actually pure,  mind-numbing ugliness.   Same at Evine.   And save me from the horrors of hours of vitamin talk from the weird Andrew Lessman,  Snake Oil Salesman Extraordinaire. 

It's supposed to rain here over the week-end but it's already a wash out. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Funny as usual @Spurt....LOL

I liked the picture of Jane from "The Jetsons".......reminded me of my childhood Saturday mornings!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  LOL. 😁

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

False Advertising.   A "day of beauty"  at QVC is actually pure,  mind-numbing ugliness.   Same at Evine.   And save me from the horrors of hours of vitamin talk from the weird Andrew Lessman,  Snake Oil Salesman Extraordinaire. 

@Kachina624

Hey KACHINA!!!  No Shopping Channel viewing for me either.....I watched some HGTV instead of AM Beauty and scanned HGTV and other channels too...thankfully since Im a football fan, there are playoff games so I'm watching the pre-game shows as we speak......It's supposed to rain on and off all weekend into Tuesday......and would rather count rain drops then watch before/after photos, or hear from the "elixar salesman".....Woman FrustratedWoman Tongue  Does QVC & HSN think this is really how they can boost their respective sales.....and how much beauty products can one buy before they go bad....??????????

Image result for sheltie watching rain from window

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Funny as usual @Spurt....LOL

I liked the picture of Jane from "The Jetsons".......reminded me of my childhood Saturday mornings!

@Nataliesgramma

I used to love watching the Jetsons too....isnt it sad the networks have done away with Saturday Morning cartoons......for all the advances in electronics the kids still miss out on some simple and fun pleasures in life....JMHO.....

We had a fun day at work one time discussing all the devices the Jetsons had which are realities today.......funny how most of them have come to pass....  I guess creators Hanna-Barbera were visionaries....but one thing we are glad that isn't a reality yet are flying cars!!!!!  People cannot drive properly on land .....  can you imagine some of these idiot drivers driving in the air.......LOL!!! 

Image result for the jetsons

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

oh heavens - a pink chicken! Wow, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder

but I love the other photos.

However, I've sworn off "beauty purchases" especially since I seem to have a closet full of kits which I really should donate somewhere and make a lot of room for myself since I've never even opened some of them.  Buying more therefore seems really silly to me.

Not in the market for a new computer either.  Fortunately the NFL will be on Sunday so I'll entertain myself - even if I have no team in the hunt.

Thanks for this review @Spurt - it is always fun to read and look at the pictures. Take care everyone and have a great weekend.

@GinaV24

Hey GINA!  Glad you liked the post!

I tried Jaime's IT cosmetics once (ordered a kit) and her mascara burned my eyes.....  I never had problems with any mascara drugstore or department store except this one.....  When I first started watching QVC I tried some of Q's other brands too, and was not impressed.....The only thing I like is Laura Geller's baked highlighter and primer (hers was about the only primer that helps my makeup stay even in our hot Texas summers)......I order it online but I check her website for specials too...I HATE all these beauty shows....I guess they sell well, but gee, how many beauty products can one buy when they show the same things week after week, day after day---weekend after weekend.....????????????  Again, QVC overdoes EVERYTHING!!! 

And what can one say about the computers....My guess this is leftover stock from Christmas shows that probably didn't sell.......just another clear the warehouse weekend!!!  Woman TongueWoman Frustrated  

Won't be watching or wasting my time.......!!!! Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624

Hey KACHINA!!!  No Shopping Channel viewing for me either.....I watched some HGTV instead of AM Beauty and scanned HGTV and other channels too...thankfully since Im a football fan, there are playoff games so I'm watching the pre-game shows as we speak......It's supposed to rain on and off all weekend into Tuesday......and would rather count rain drops then watch before/after photos, or hear from the "elixar salesman".....Woman FrustratedWoman Tongue  Does QVC & HSN think this is really how they can boost their respective sales.....and how much beauty products can one buy before they go bad....??????????

Image result for sheltie watching rain from window

@Spurt  Love the sheltie.   Mine is about that size but he's a shiny black tri

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Spurt Like you, I cheer against the Cowboys and boy was I worried at the end of that game. Happy GB pulled it off.

Oh and I avoided QVC's weekend program entirely -- happy that my DVR had items on it that i preferred to watch.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 - boy you are NOT kidding. I did errands on Saturday, watched a little JTV, read a book, took a nap, watched stuff saved on my dvr and avoided most of the shopping channels.
Respected Contributor

my company sends out dell special buys. IF I buy another Dell computer, it will be one of the small cheap ones just for home use. I'm still thinking about buying an ipad but it can wait. I agree about the cosmetics and everything else. Maybe there really are that many new customers but it doesn't seem a sustainable business model to me.