Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRV 8/5-8/6 FASHION AND SAME FAITHFUL FAVORITES!

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Oh my gosh, the snake wearing the sweater!  Hilarious!

@Peaches McPhee

Image result for snake thanks

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I like the snakes wearing sweaters. They look so fashionable!  The one picture looks like the snake is going to slide right out of its sweater. The turtle is cute, as well as all the other animals. 

I'll be watching the HOF game tonight. The starters won't be playing, but it will be interesting to see how the teams do. At least the game isn't cancelled like it was last year. 

@teganslaw

HEY TEGAN!  Glad you liked the critters...........

I don't care if the starters aren't playing.....I'm read for some football!!!  I wouldnt care if fans in the stands suited up and played................YEA FOOTBALL!!!

download (2).jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Spurt you outdid yourself with the photos for the fashion preview!  They are awesome.  The sweaters for snakes made me go "eeek" and the kitties and doggies are so cute.

thanks for the help.  I may tune in for some of the fashion shows depending on what it is and the host providing the commentary.  then again, the weather is supposed to be very nice here on the weekend sooo outdoor chores & fun may supercede all that.

@GinaV24

Hey GINA! people are creative who would've thunk it dressing up snakes.........glad you liked the photos............

If I were you I'd go outside and enjoy the nice weather ......  QVC will probably just show more of the same items they've been showing for months...

Have a good weekend! 

download (10).jpg

Honored Contributor

@Spurt

This Q Did What was especially funny to me personally. My mom knits and crochets. She sends hats, winter scarves, sweaters and so on. 

They are always too big or too small 😊

I donate them to nursing homes and the local shelter. 

She has pets but refuses to make stuff for them.

Bless your heart and thank you kind friend🌹

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Spurt

This Q Did What was especially funny to me personally. My mom knits and crochets. She sends hats, winter scarves, sweaters and so on. 

They are always too big or too small 😊

I donate them to nursing homes and the local shelter. 

She has pets but refuses to make stuff for them.

Bless your heart and thank you kind friend🌹

@butterfly123

Related image

That is a funny story about all the knit things and  your mom.........I'm  glad  you donated them and found people that could use all the knitted pieces........

I have a knitting sotry, against my will my aunt insisted on teaching how to knit, I didn't like it...the only thing I ever made was a small knitted square........after my lessons I never picked up knitting needles again Woman LOL..

Honored Contributor

@Spurt

Another winner! The cats dressed up where do you find them....snake was cute too! If my mother was still with us she'd be crocheting stuff for the pets too!

Another weekend washout here according to forecasters - maybe they were referring to Q snooze fest!

IMG_1992.JPGEnjoy your weekend...oh, maybe Q will offer tax free for back to school shopping like here in FL!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Spurt

Another winner! The cats dressed up where do you find them....snake was cute too! If my mother was still with us she'd be crocheting stuff for the pets too!

Another weekend washout here according to forecasters - maybe they were referring to Q snooze fest!

IMG_1992.JPGEnjoy your weekend...oh, maybe Q will offer tax free for back to school shopping like here in FL!

@homedecor1

Thank you for your kind words regarding the post! 

I think your forecasters were focusing in on QVC's WASHOUT!!!....especially Sunday with all their reruns of merchandise!   

Our tax tree weekend is going to be Aug 11-13......I doubt if QVC would be so innovative as to go along with that trend as FL and TX and many other states do!!! Shoot they didn't even offer a special one time shipping fee and then eliminate the shipping charge for the rest of the purchases made on CIJ like HSN did ...................But I guess that's how it goes with QVC, they rely on S&H for income instead of real sales for merchandise since revenues are down ........Woman Frustrated

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! 

Image result for cat on the beach

Valued Contributor

Hey SPURT, pray tell, are those anteaters in the pink and blue sweaters???

Jane has already been pushing shoes to wear pumpkin picking.  Honestly, it is 90+ degrees with 90+ humidity, ain't pickin' no pumpkins here!  It seems QVC has been even more boring lately than it has been in the past.  ITKWD is heavy with food items it seems these days and tired of the copper pans and copper cookbook.  I don't watch any more, just check out online to see what is planned for the show.  It always confirms that I won't be watching.

I will say we are getting pretty darn excited about the eclipse in two weeks.  I have my glasses (the university gave them to us), and decided to take the day off for several reasons.  1) they are expecting 600,000 (!!!!!!!!:womansurprised) extra people that day, and I know how bad it is on football Saturdays with an extra 80,000 people!  2) I am curious as to how the horses react since we are in the path of totality.  They may not react at all, but I am still curious.  I saw a picture of a local dog with eclipse glasses on, too funny.  There are going to be over 100 extra state troopers on the interstate between Greenville/Spartanburg and Charleston in case people are stupid and stop in the middle of the highway.

Count down to retirement is in earnest now, a little over 10.5 months to go.....

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katiescarlett wrote:

Hey SPURT, pray tell, are those anteaters in the pink and blue sweaters???

Jane has already been pushing shoes to wear pumpkin picking.  Honestly, it is 90+ degrees with 90+ humidity, ain't pickin' no pumpkins here!  It seems QVC has been even more boring lately than it has been in the past.  ITKWD is heavy with food items it seems these days and tired of the copper pans and copper cookbook.  I don't watch any more, just check out online to see what is planned for the show.  It always confirms that I won't be watching.

I will say we are getting pretty darn excited about the eclipse in two weeks.  I have my glasses (the university gave them to us), and decided to take the day off for several reasons.  1) they are expecting 600,000 (!!!!!!!!:womansurprised) extra people that day, and I know how bad it is on football Saturdays with an extra 80,000 people!  2) I am curious as to how the horses react since we are in the path of totality.  They may not react at all, but I am still curious.  I saw a picture of a local dog with eclipse glasses on, too funny.  There are going to be over 100 extra state troopers on the interstate between Greenville/Spartanburg and Charleston in case people are stupid and stop in the middle of the highway.

Count down to retirement is in earnest now, a little over 10.5 months to go.....

@katiescarlett

Hey Katie! How ya been!!!!  WOW a little over 10 months to retirement.....friends tell me the last few months go real fast!  I am so HAPPY FOR YOU!  Woman Very Happy

As for the anteaters in sweaters..... well for 2 reasons: 1)--I thought it very odd that anyone would consider even putting an anteater in a sweater and 2)  I need one right now (and hey they don't even have to get dressed up).....you see we are in dire need of rain and even though those weather morons keep predicting rain-----no rain has emerged (unless you count 5 big drops that came on Thursday and I'm not exaggerating).....so I guess some fire ants noticed the plants on my patio and put 2 and 2 together and said hey someone will be watering those plants and we can hang out their and get our fill of water......Now those fire ants are nasty critters and they sure hurt when they bite (out in the fields and wooded areas swarms of them have been known to kill baby animals) so I need an anteater to "take care of 'em"..............I don't like to use bug spray because the cats go on the fenced patio and it might harm the good insects, the ladybugs etc etc.........so anteaters woul be perfect for me right now...There is no ant mound so they must be hiding somewhere..Ive only seen 3 so far, but Im trying a solution of Orange oil and Dawn dish soap to keep them away.....hope this works recommended by Texas A&M agriculture dept..............I hope those Aggies are right 

UNBELIEVABLE---600,000 people!!!!-----WOW!!!.....I hope the eclipse turns out to be a spectacular event!!!  Woman Very Happy  It will be interesting to see if your horses and even other animals have any reaction to the eclipse......some animals are sensitive to weather or change in atmospheric conditions .......I can just picture that dog in eclipse glasses---LOL!!! but hey they might need them!

As for the Q----  I just laught out loud when I hear the QVC hosts say that you can wear these sweaters and jackets and layers of clothing ALL YEAR LONG!!!  Yep, I wanna see them in both of our 90 degree hot and humid weather wearing those outfits!!!  

I used to watch ITKWD now and then during non-football seasons......but when I flip through the channels all I see is David presenting food or the copper pans, Air Fryer or the mandelin, or Temptations...Woman Tongue    Too boring so no watching the Q for me on the weekends except for AM Style and thats only because nothing much on the other channels on that early hour (except for yesterday's news ---)...........I did buy some earrings from Carolyn Pollack and JAI Hardy when they had some jewelry shows on...........And I did watch Jim Shore and Valerie's CIJ shows---didnt buy anything from Valerie, but bought an angel from Jim Shore and a autumn table runner from the Irish vendor (he had linens and runners for all the seasons)......and I did buy some candles from Harry Slatkin....that's been the most Ive bought in awhile, I no longer buy clothes from QVC--tired of all the returns, and am not intereted in a new vacuum or watching yet another electronic show---Woman Tongue.. 

Take Care! Give those critters a hug for me! 

Honored Contributor

😀😀😀 Those animals.