Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRV 7/14-7/15-MERRY CHRISTMAS IN JULY!

[ Edited ]

@this is my nic @hsawaknow @Kachina624 @homedecor1

I know CIJ strikes a chord and and a definite opinion, it's not  everyone's cup of tea.....If it isn't--- that's great---everyone certainly has a right to their own opinion and I respect your views......

I DO love Christmas and find the CIJ decorating shows enjoyable, and buying early let's one budget, but like anything else, QVC tends to OVERDO things, I think a couple weekends of these shows in July would be sufficient for CIJ. 

And I will say I think the CIJ shows are much better than beauty product shows, vacuums, mattresses, beds, prepared food shows, or electronics, and others that they run into the ground particularly on weekends.....HOWEVER, I don't care for the gift shows at all!!! Its just the same ole stuff that the hosts try to disguise as gifts, and THE SAME STUFF YEAR AFTER YEAR! ....Woman TongueWoman Frustrated....Flashcube anyone??? Smiley Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@meallen616

I love my little Tuxedo Christmas cat looks like my "girls" when they were younger.....Heart Cat Very Happy

Image result for christmas cat thanks

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Pandalady

Related image

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@this is my nic wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Just when I'm trying hard to keep my mouth shut about my opinion of CIJ,  you have to rattle my cage.  I'll be more than ready for the grand finale, except it will go on and on until Christmas. 

Kachina624,

I understand the concept of buying early and getting shopping finished so the holidays are less stressful.  However, I wish the decorations could be held off until Oct., at least. Yes, I'm old, having established that, Christmas shopping of years long ago really didn't start until after Thanksgiving.  That's when the stores were decorated and Santa came to town.  Still,  for children, the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas seemed to take forever. Now we see decorations being displayed and sold in stores in September and on the Q in July.  It seems impossible for children to remain excited for that length of time.   

@this is my nic

I agree, when the Christmas season is extended for 6 months the actual season and Christmas day become anti-climatic....

I agree there was something about the good ole days when stores waited until after Halloween before Christmas decorations were put up....Now the retailers try to get a jump on the competition and start decorating stores earlier and earlier and some as early as in July and August .....And I think part of the problem is more and more people are ordering online, and to get that volume of packages delivered in time for Christmas, people need to start buying earlier and earlier.....(people that wait until after Thanksgiving may not get their gifts by Christmas since UPS, Fed Ex,and USPS just cant keep up with it anymore)......What's funny is all this technology is supposed to make things easier, but sometimes it ends up making things tougher and not as enjoyable, and costs us more time in the long run....JMHO.

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess

Glad you enjoyed the photos....

Related image

Honored Contributor

@on the bay

Thank you for your kind words.....glad you liked the preview 

Image result for thanks christmas dog glitter

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess

this is MORE LIKE my bratty granddaughter who honestly (and I never thought I'd ever say this) is on my VERY LAST NERVE...If she cries one more time ....I'm sending her to a hotel! (not really -- but, its unnerving).

thanks for the cute pic....

I don't even know if there would be a pic to describe my "moments" this week!!! And its pretty bad when I'm not interested in Christmas decor....

This too shall pass I'm sure!!!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt

I agree.  I love Christmas but right now I'm having a "moment" it was nothing about Christmas OR those who love it (I do too) just "lifes expectations..."  a smart kid (my younger son) once told me 

"Never have expectations because when they don't come to your expectation .... the let down is hurtful".  

Who would have thought my son could teach me something!!! LOL

Enjoy the weekend...

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@OKPrincess

this is MORE LIKE my bratty granddaughter who honestly (and I never thought I'd ever say this) is on my VERY LAST NERVE...If she cries one more time ....I'm sending her to a hotel! (not really -- but, its unnerving).

thanks for the cute pic....

I don't even know if there would be a pic to describe my "moments" this week!!! And its pretty bad when I'm not interested in Christmas decor....

This too shall pass I'm sure!!!  

@homedecor1 This will pass. CIJ means I save money 💰 because I’m not interested in more Christmas stuff esp when the heat is on. 

I don’t know the age of GD but a counselor gave me some good advice long ago with DD.  DD told the counselor she knew how to break me down and get her way.

From that point on when confronted or acting out, I would look at her and say “there is not one thing you can say that’s going to make me change my mind” and walk away, go outside, etc.  Good luck because like you said “this to shall pass”.

Esteemed Contributor

Bah Humbug

(I love the cute photos - thanks @Spurt -- but totally hate CIJ, and all the other all-day Christmas shows from now till November.  I am not watching the Q at all today, or any day this coming weekend.)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt