Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRV 5/27-5/29-- Q MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND CELEBRATION!

Happy Memorial Day and thank you @Spurt for the great acknowledgement of all our service men and women. I am thankful and grateful for them every day.

Loved the pgoto of the soldier with the dog and that kitten and the flag was so sweet. Yeah it is a shame that QVC doesn't feature American made on American holidays any more

I'll be skipping wen shows sorry but boring to me. will probably watch am style before I run off

wishing you @Spurt a great weekend along with all of the oter readers

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

Happy Memorial Day and thank you @Spurt for the great acknowledgement of all our service men and women. I am thankful and grateful for them every day.

Loved the pgoto of the soldier with the dog and that kitten and the flag was so sweet. Yeah it is a shame that QVC doesn't feature American made on American holidays any more

I'll be skipping wen shows sorry but boring to me. will probably watch am style before I run off

wishing you @Spurt a great weekend along with all of the oter readers

@GinaV24

Thank you for your kind wishes! Cat Very Happy

Yep, I'm not a Wen myself....good ole L'Oreal works for me....!!!  And won't be watching QVC except for Leah's AM STYLE..(not much on TV at that time in the morning, and activities won't start until later....BUT QVC is not in my plans for this weekend...too many other fun things to do!! 

I have tell you a funny cat story.......you saw the photo of my sister's cat, Doppio.  Well she has an antique angel bell---its very pretty and carved in metal and she has it displayed on an end table in her living room.  She has trained her cat when she rings the bell he runs to her and she says, "sit" and he sits, and she gives him a treat!!!  My sister said she was watching a TV Show last night and there was a bell sound in the movie, and her cat jumped down from the top of his cat tree, ran to the couch, went into sit poisition and demanded his treat....My sister laughed so hard!!!  Too funny....so now we having a saying that we paraphrased from the movie, "It's a Wonderful Life"........."everytime a bell rings, Doppio gets a treat"..........Cat LOLCat LOLCat LOL  If he's that smart I told her to train him to do some housework, don't waste his talents ...............Cat Wink

Enjoy your weekend! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

SPURT, Doppio is a handsome cat! It sounds like he has her trained, getting treats whenever he hears a bell.

QVC isn't in my plans this weekend. The weather is going to be around 80. I'm on vacation for 8 days, and have been enjoying it. Work has been so hectic that it's nice to get a break.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

SPURT, Doppio is a handsome cat! It sounds like he has her trained, getting treats whenever he hears a bell.

QVC isn't in my plans this weekend. The weather is going to be around 80. I'm on vacation for 8 days, and have been enjoying it. Work has been so hectic that it's nice to get a break.

@teganslaw

Hey TEGAN!  Enjoy your vacation time and your nice weather....I agree with  you .it is soooooooo wonderful to take a break from work!!!!!

We've had a pretty good may.....normally the average is 92, but we've been in the upper 80's and hit 90 only a couple times....BUT now it seems that the weather is getting a revenge---it was 96 yester (above normal) and with the humidity, the heat index was 104!!!!!.....I went to lunch and did some shopping with my sis at this huge shopping center....it was downright AWFUL!!!  And the stores were quite warm even with their A/C going (so much for the "cold" air conditioning they talk about at QVC) Woman Frustrated....  All I could think about is all QVC's hosts and clothing vendors talking about layering your tops then adding a jacket or light garden and also adding a scarf....yeh right........Woman Tongue  I want QVC to come here and try that style............At least its supposed to  rain tonight and most of next week along with best of all, cooler temperatures............

Enjoy your time off! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@stevieb

From time to time you hear people talk about QVC's good ole days and what they used to sell..................well here's a "winner" for you....you seldom see handbags like this anymore.....at least the shipping was reasonable on handbags back then...........Woman Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubqjsMUUEfo

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt oh I love that story! What a smart kitty.  I've been trying to train my cats - one will sit up (but not on command) and the other will jump to my shoulder (great idea when I started it in the winter - not so great in the summer when wearing lighter clothing - ouch!).  Of course I think that I am the one who is trained in all of this - not the cats.

Hope you had a good weekend.  Our weather wasn't a complete washout so I did get some yard work done -- which is nice and had dinner with some friends so IMO it was a very nice long weekend.

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Spurt oh I love that story! What a smart kitty.  I've been trying to train my cats - one will sit up (but not on command) and the other will jump to my shoulder (great idea when I started it in the winter - not so great in the summer when wearing lighter clothing - ouch!).  Of course I think that I am the one who is trained in all of this - not the cats.

Hope you had a good weekend.  Our weather wasn't a complete washout so I did get some yard work done -- which is nice and had dinner with some friends so IMO it was a very nice long weekend.

@GinaV24

Cats arent the most easy animal to train---LOL!!!  That is a neat trick that one will jump on your shoulder....but sinking kitty nails into your skin is not fun in the warmer months........If Im sitting on the couch, one of my cats loves to use my legs as a springboard to jump on the arms of the couch where her soft throw is....and if Im wearing shorts or my nightgown---OUCH!!!.....

We didnt even end up going to the Parade Of Home just too hot and humid, but I did some shopping with some friends and met a friend for lunch on Memorial Day and then dealt with an allergy issues, that humidity brought up the mold count! 

Glad you got some yard work done and had a nice dinner on the long weekend!

Have a good day!