Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRV 5/20-5/21 PILLOW TALK AND MORE TECH!

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt I'm bringing this over here because they pretty clearly only want a serious sports discussion over there... but I just have to say... as much as I adore Gisele... when my boy Tom tires of her shooting off her mouth and decides to leave her... I'll be waiting... Oh yea... with open arms... And she can even keep the kids...

Woman Very Happy Heart Woman Tongue

@stevieb

yellow-lol-smiley-emoticon.gif    

getting him on the rebound..............Woman Wink

I thought oh oh....Gisele get ready for the divorce papers.....your in BIG trouble!!!!  

And for your wedding gift from me I send you and Tommy a wonderful QVC E-Card!!!----Woman Very Happy

Oh Spurt @Spurt how very kind of you, and with that as inducement, I think when the time comes he and I will just shack-up. No wedding gifts needed... Really...

Otherwise, hey, on rebound works... 

Smiley Wink

@stevieb

No, no, no.....there MUST be a wedding, that way if things dont work out you can get half of what he has......(dont ya watch Judge Judy....too many "live-in with benefits" women wind up with nothing when the guy cheats and its time to move on..........)   Besides think of the nice dress and handbag and shoes you can buy for the ceremony......why you can fly to Paris and have something personally designed and as to accessories think of the nice jewelry to put some sparkle on the ceremony.....Now Im not talking full wedding gown....just something real real real nice....Woman Wink 

It could be fun @Spurt... And it is true that I would deserve a little something... you know... just in case... But really, with all he can provide, truly no QVC gifts, er, gifts are necessary... One thing though, Spurt, as much as I adore them, I'm not seeing too many brides these days carrying a handbag...

Woman Very Happy

Ohhhh and I'll need some special lingerie for that, well, special night... And sweetie, take it to the bank, we're not talking Carole Hochman flannel, courtesy of the Once Mighty !!

Woman Surprised

@stevieb

Never underestimate baginistas.....

1dfc5ff1e407cf9593eef78610c76978.jpg

fanshapebagbouquet.jpg

il_570xN.387041133_4097.jpg

Bag-at-You-Fashion-blog-Wedding-bag-for-bride-on-wedding-day-1.jpg

But actually I was picturing a more informal quiet ceremony before a Justice Of The Peace with just a few close friends (Gee I hope Tommy doesnt invite Gronk he could ruin the reception with the way he carries on.....and Gee I hope Coach Belichick doesnt wear that hoodie with the torn sleeves....might ruin the wedding photos ya know Smiley Wink)

OH La La.....Yes indeedy Stevie of course you need some extra special lingerie....and I dont mean Breezies either.............Woman Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Well @Spurt... Perhaps a quiet little ceremony, but I'll still skip the bag... at least until the reception, though those were some pretty ones... And no, the guest list doesn't include 'the team'... and no, no hoodies allowed... And there will be no frilly, poofy 'bridal gown'... or, heaven knows, a veil...No flower girls... No ring bearers... Leave it to me, I'll plan something elegant but not typical... and don something stunning but sophisticated... I'm not at all interested in a Pippa Middelton type wedding... While I might still have it goin' on... I don't aspire to look like the proverbial blushing bride... 

Woman Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Interesting tidbit of information @Spurt... I got a very lengthy and very detailed survey from HSN... It appears they're considering some pretty off the wall things over there. Don't ask me what because the survey was so long and so boring I can't really remember some of the options about which they were pretty clearly trying to assess potential interest... One very curious question, though, was whether or not one would seek out HSN via other platforms if it was no longer on TV... Hmmmm....

Valued Contributor

The only good thing about a My Pillow day on QVC is animal photos...thank you for sharing!  I just cannot understand why QVC continues with such boring programs.  I mean I have seen the My Pillow ads so often I change the channel when they come on...and now the decision is made to air hours of looking at a pillow?  Come on!  I think it would be better to have a ten minute spot in a regular hour of interesting programs.  No need to tune in today.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

Interesting tidbit of information @Spurt... I got a very lengthy and very detailed survey from HSN... It appears they're considering some pretty off the wall things over there. Don't ask me what because the survey was so long and so boring I can't really remember some of the options about which they were pretty clearly trying to assess potential interest... One very curious question, though, was whether or not one would seek out HSN via other platforms if it was no longer on TV... Hmmmm....

@stevieb

Very very interesting thanks for sharing..............doesnt look good for HSN, especially if Mindy jumped shipped and went to Weight Watchers of all things......  I wonder why QVC doesnt sell their 38% interest in HSN..............

Linda Moss's blog reported big sale on Victoris Wieck jewerly and she was wondering if that's the end of that line on HSN, and she also reported HSN, Time inc are partnering with  Food & Wine Magazine with cookware & kitchen, 

“We are thrilled to collaborate with Time Inc. to introduce new partnership strategies that will engage customers in unique ways, leveraging both our combined content-driven experiences and target audiences,” HSN President Bill Brand said in a canned statement. “We are creating a business model that will serve as a cornerstone in our strategy to inspire customers to shop wherever they go.”

Yep, to SHOP WHEREVER THEY GO---LOCALLY that is!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@junera wrote:

The only good thing about a My Pillow day on QVC is animal photos...thank you for sharing!  I just cannot understand why QVC continues with such boring programs.  I mean I have seen the My Pillow ads so often I change the channel when they come on...and now the decision is made to air hours of looking at a pillow?  Come on!  I think it would be better to have a ten minute spot in a regular hour of interesting programs.  No need to tune in today.

@Gabidog

QVC's strategy is hard to figure out...............and it seems like every weekend their goal is to actually scare customers away............

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Well @Spurt... Perhaps a quiet little ceremony, but I'll still skip the bag... at least until the reception, though those were some pretty ones... And no, the guest list doesn't include 'the team'... and no, no hoodies allowed... And there will be no frilly, poofy 'bridal gown'... or, heaven knows, a veil...No flower girls... No ring bearers... Leave it to me, I'll plan something elegant but not typical... and don something stunning but sophisticated... I'm not at all interested in a Pippa Middelton type wedding... While I might still have it goin' on... I don't aspire to look like the proverbial blushing bride... 

Woman Very Happy

@stevieb

Sounds like a good plan and thats how I pictured it too....sophisticated and elegant but cut out all the frilly and unnecessary stuff!!!

Gee I hope Gisele doesnt say it'sTommy's turn for the kids when its time for your honeymoon......................Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Woman Very Happy

@stevieb

Sounds like a good plan and thats how I pictured it too....sophisticated and elegant but cut out all the frilly and unnecessary stuff!!!

Gee I hope Gisele doesnt say it'sTommy's turn for the kids when its time for your honeymoon......................Woman Wink

Not to worry @Spurt... that's why nannies were invented...

Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb

Very very interesting thanks for sharing..............doesnt look good for HSN, especially if Mindy jumped shipped and went to Weight Watchers of all things......  I wonder why QVC doesnt sell their 38% interest in HSN..............

Linda Moss's blog reported big sale on Victoris Wieck jewerly and she was wondering if that's the end of that line on HSN, and she also reported HSN, Time inc are partnering with  Food & Wine Magazine with cookware & kitchen, 

“We are thrilled to collaborate with Time Inc. to introduce new partnership strategies that will engage customers in unique ways, leveraging both our combined content-driven experiences and target audiences,” HSN President Bill Brand said in a canned statement. “We are creating a business model that will serve as a cornerstone in our strategy to inspire customers to shop wherever they go.”

Yep, to SHOP WHEREVER THEY GO---LOCALLY that is!!!

@Spurt, I wish I could recall more of the ideas that were being floated but the quick and dirty version of a few that come to mind were... More 'boutique' type offerings... Quite a lot in the way of 'specialized' services and advice... Consumer advisory groups and so on... Quality control and assurance methods... Variations on an Amazon 'Prime' like option... Variations of a 'personal shopper' type of thing... Variations on 'kits', whereby boxes would be sent out and you keep what you like, returning the rest... 'Suggestions' for purchases based on past shopping... Things related to shipping and availabilty of product information and 'how to use' products... LOTS of references to various platforms, use of video and, of course, Social Media, and so on... Featuring limited quantities of more unique and unusual items... Advance sale of 'highly desirable' items likely to sell out... and on and on and on... I don't know why, but I got the impression there is some consideration of folding the routine home shopping tent, maybe even ceding it to QVC and HSN would go in a whole other direction... Who knows...

In many ways, I thought the survey missed the boat, both in terms of a complete lack of focus on the current operation and on the stores to which they were seeking comparisons, which seemed, for the most part, to be somewhat limited to Macy's, Target, Kohl's and a few others... There was barely a mention of the TJX stores, which struck me as stupid, given their relative success in today's retail world...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt, I wish I could recall more of the ideas that were being floated but the quick and dirty version of a few that come to mind were... More 'boutique' type offerings... Quite a lot in the way of 'specialized' services and advice... Consumer advisory groups and so on... Quality control and assurance methods... Variations on an Amazon 'Prime' like option... Variations of a 'personal shopper' type of thing... Variations on 'kits', whereby boxes would be sent out and you keep what you like, returning the rest... 'Suggestions' for purchases based on past shopping... Things related to shipping and availabilty of product information and 'how to use' products... LOTS of references to various platforms, use of video and, of course, Social Media, and so on... Featuring limited quantities of more unique and unusual items... Advance sale of 'highly desirable' items likely to sell out... and on and on and on... I don't know why, but I got the impression there is some consideration of folding the routine home shopping tent, maybe even ceding it to QVC and HSN would go in a whole other direction... Who knows...

In many ways, I thought the survey missed the boat, both in terms of a complete lack of focus on the current operation and on the stores to which they were seeking comparisons, which seemed, for the most part, to be somewhat limited to Macy's, Target, Kohl's and a few others... There was barely a mention of the TJX stores, which struck me as stupid, given their relative success in today's retail world...

@stevieb

WOW!!!  Quite a change in direction for HSN.....when you think of all their partnerships that havent worked out---movies and Lifetime movie product placements, their celebrity brands haven't lasted long etc etc....What made Amazon "king" good quality merchandise at a good price, and loads of variety!!! And that's what I see at the TJX stores they always have something new to look at!!!

LOL so why would they compare themselves to a struggling retailers .......instead of successful TJ Maxx Stores....oh but it could be that HSN is still wanting to keep their exorbitant clothing prices......Kohls had a 14% jump in profits in 1st Quarter 2017 , but net sales slightly declined, Targets didnt look so good....But TJ's

The TJX Companies, Inc. Reports Q1 FY18 Results

FRAMINGHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 16, 2017--

• Net sales increased 3% to $7.8 billion, over last year’s 10% increase
  • Consolidated comp store sales increased 1% over last year’s 7% increase
  • Diluted EPS of $.82 compared with $.76 in the prior year

TJX stores are how people are shopping today!!!

I just dont get these retailers....why not ask THEIR CUSTOMERS what they would like to see instead of floating these "balloons" and ideas they've pretty much already planned on doing and then AFTER the fact poll customers---they got it BACKWARDS!!!   From what you said it does look like they could be folding up the TV Channel and coming back as a reconfiguration of themselves on just social media and You Tube.........But oh well, who are we (just customers)....we will always find someplace to spend our money whether locally or online whether TV Shopping survives or not!....

As you always say................NEXT! Woman Wink  But still interesting to watch nonetheless..............