Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,134
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRV 5/20-5/21 PILLOW TALK AND MORE TECH!


@katiescarlett wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@katiescarlett wrote:


SPURT,  Q is definitely into infomercial things these days, or so it seems.  But, I will agree, at least the pillow is made in the US of American cotton and that the cover is made in SC - the state is one that has been devastated by textiles going overseas. I can remember going to towel and sheet outlet stores, and being able to buy them by the pound at Cannon outlets when I was young and we would travel to MD to see my grandmother.  I will say, I am a bit tempted by the Echo, but the thought of having to pay a subscription service for music is somewhat of a turnoff.  Honestly, these different subscription services can $10-$15 you to death.

 

To change the subject, I see that scamp Mr. Puff is at it again!  I never knew he is getting on the bed while I am at work!! Ha, he is busted now!! And I see Leah was getting ready for the Preakness with her "horsies."   Sadly, no Triple Crown this year.   The Deby winner certainly faded badly, and the Preakness is a shorter race.  Well, it just goes to show you that they are only human, except for Secretariat, who was a beautiful freak of nature.  I had the pleasure of seeing him in KY before he died in 1989 ( as well as Affirmed and Seattle Slew).

 

As I was changing channels today I caught ITKWD offering of some 2 ounce steaks.  Without tax, I calculated the per pound weigh at $31+/pound!!!!!!!!!!  Unbelievable. That is as ridiculous as the cost of the KCS hotdogs.  And one of the deals of the day on one of the other Q channels is crop pants for $40 a pair.  Some deal, especially considering the size inconsistencies and issues with D&C - lots of people reviewing that they have to send them back because of sizing issues.

 

By the way, your sister's cat is one handsome feline.


@katiescarlett

 

Mr. Puff looks tired you must've really made him work this week...........Woman Wink

 

We used to have a big Mill Outlet Store too where you could buy all kinds of textiles, sadly our store went out of business too........couldnt compete with qwapp from China....Woman Sad  But now we pay for it in lousy quality! Woman Frustrated

 

I could careless about Echo or Alexa......  I dont want a high tech assistant.......If I had an assistant I'd want an actual person that could really do me some good---clean my house, clean my patio, do my grocery shopping, cook my meals and run those errands I hate to do,  complete all my medical insurance paperwork so I can get reimbursed, and act as my personal chauffuer....NOW THAT'S AN ASSISTANT Woman Very Happy

 

The poor horse was probably tired, why I wonder how many after parties the horses attended after the Derby, no wonder no Triple Crown.........LOL!!!  Seriously, they are beautiful horses and they have to work very hard to be a participant let alone win these races......That was neat that you got to see Secretariat, Seattle Slew, and Affirmed........

 

I agree the QVC food "deals" are outrageously priced.......And that "try me fee" on clothes is ridiculous.....  I made a mistake and bought some capris on clearance and I should've known better.....but the sizing was all off and the cuff stuck out like wings....I put it down as defective hopefully I get my original shipping refunded...these were AS IS on sale for $15.25......but still I can find better quality at Wally World........

 

I agree...my sister's kitty is devlishy handsome.....Cat LOL

 

.


Mr. Puff tired, my foot!  He did not even get walked this week because I was nursing a  cold all week.

 

I ended up not getting the Alexa, I had to remind myself I am on an austerity program because I have to have my small deck replaced.

 

I used to think that Lady of Liquid Knit's items were fairly reasonable, but no more.  I caught a few minutes of her show and things were pretty pricey in my opinion.  I also caught a few minutes of a LOGO show and she was talking about layering the item with other things so you would have, as she said, 6 layers.  I started sweating just thinking about it.  It is already in the 90's here and the humidity today is about a million.  And layers of long sleeves!  Yikes!


@katiescarlett

 

I hope you feel better and that nasty cold goes away...........  I guess Mr. Puff was looking for sympathy because he didnt get to go on a walk......that pup!!!

 

Maybe Alexas might have been nice for your music but maybe you can treat yourself and get it when you retire and the way this year is flying by could be coming quicker than you think!

 

Yep QVC's clothing is way out of line with what you can find comparable at other retailers!!  And YES.QVC and all that layering and 3/4 or long sleeves ......what are they thinking..they make me sweat too just by looking at them......they seem to forget about us in the warmer climates and high humidity zones!!!  I even emailed QVC saying they should do an outside clothing show when its nice and hot in July wearing all the layers and ask the models how comfortable are they..........LOL!!!  And you read the reviews and Forum comments and they want long sleeves because they dont like the way their arms look---what about those of us that dont have a problem with the way our arms look!!!!  QVC seems to be catering to a very small audience!!!  

 

Have a good week KATIE! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor
Posts: 65,440
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRV 5/20-5/21 PILLOW TALK AND MORE TECH!

[ Edited ]

@Spurt... If you've never visited the QVC "Corporate" homepage, this ought to give you a chuckle... or something...

 

http://corporate.qvc.com/


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,204
Registered: ‎07-23-2010

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRV 5/20-5/21 PILLOW TALK AND MORE TECH!

@Spurt the Parade of Homes sounds like fun. When I lived in Atlanta where they were building homes at an amazing rate, we used to go out and look at the model homes.  It was great fun and it was a good way to get ideas on decorating, etc.

 

the weather didn't cooperate on Saturday but fortunately on Sunday both the weather and the mower cooperated so I finally mowed the grass.  If I hadn't gotten it done, I was going to have to borrow the 2 sheep my friend bought recently to come over and chew it down for me. 

 

I leave dry food down but they still want to have that yummy bite of wet food in the night and the one is very persistent about it.   I feed them in small amounts because there seems to be less upset tummies if I do but that means more feeding.

 

Hope that your weekend went well. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,134
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRV 5/20-5/21 PILLOW TALK AND MORE TECH!


@GinaV24 wrote:

@Spurt the Parade of Homes sounds like fun. When I lived in Atlanta where they were building homes at an amazing rate, we used to go out and look at the model homes.  It was great fun and it was a good way to get ideas on decorating, etc.

 

the weather didn't cooperate on Saturday but fortunately on Sunday both the weather and the mower cooperated so I finally mowed the grass.  If I hadn't gotten it done, I was going to have to borrow the 2 sheep my friend bought recently to come over and chew it down for me. 

 

I leave dry food down but they still want to have that yummy bite of wet food in the night and the one is very persistent about it.   I feed them in small amounts because there seems to be less upset tummies if I do but that means more feeding.

 

Hope that your weekend went well. 


@GinaV24

 

Well glad to hear you didnt have to borrow any sheep and got your lawn mowed....Woman LOL

 

download.jpg

 

We had to postpone the Parade Of Homes it was sprinkling on and off and supposed to be a storm moving in.....so we made tenative plans to attend for this Friday ...

 

That little bit of wet food seems to really wet kitties's appetite (pun not intended---Cat LOL)....even with a bowl of dry food my sis has that problem of her cat waking her up for his "special wet food".......  No wet food for my kitties....but they do have their favorite dry treats....but they know better not wake me up and wait until its my morning coffee time after Im up and about....or in the evening for that!!!  

 

Take Care!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,134
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRV 5/20-5/21 PILLOW TALK AND MORE TECH!

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt... If you've never visited the QVC "Corporate" homepage, this ought to give you a chuckle... or something...

 

http://corporate.qvc.com/


 

@stevieb

 

Thanks for sharing, I needed a good laugh today!!! Yep, some of the best comedy scripts around LOL...I do  think QVC needs to change their name to FANTASY ISLAND!!!!  Woman Wink

 

This opening statement requires translation----

 

Exactly how do you change the way the world shops? At QVC, we do it every day by offering a curated, ever-changing collection of name brands and unique finds. And by bringing together a dynamic community of engaged personalities, relatable experts, dedicated team members, and passionate shoppers. And by creating a seamless, worry-free experience that’s available on every platform, accessible by every screen, every minute of the day—in nine countries and counting. Discover for yourself why QVC is the world’s leading digital retailer. And so much more.

 

CHANGE THE WAY THE WORLD SHOPS----translation---CUSTOMERS SEARCH OTHER RETAILERS TO FIND THE REAL BARGAINS!

 

EVER CHANGING COLLECTION OF NAME BRANDS AND UNIQUE FINDS---translation---THE SAME OLE STUFF YOU SEE IN YOUR LOCAL STORES! EVER CHANGING AND UNIQUE ---QVC HAS ADDED THAT NEW COLOR TO THE SAME PRODUCTS......

 

DYNAMIC COMMUNITY OF ENGAGED PERSONALITES, RELATABLE EXPERTS----translation-- POLARIZING AND EVEN SOME DOWNRIGHT QUIRKY HOSTS AND VENDORS---AND YOU'LL ENJOY LISTENING TO THEIR ENDLESS FAMILY ADVENTURES TOO....no reason to even have to mention names here  (BTW did you see that another one bites the dust, Jacque Gonzalez left QVC)..............

 

CREATING SEAMLESS, WORRY-FREE EXPERIENCE THATS AVAILABLE ON EVERY PLATFORM, EVERY SCREEN---translation--HOPEFULLY THE WEBSITE AND PRODUCT VIDEOS WILL WORK FOR YOU............AND NOW ENJOY SEVERAL CHANNELS SHOWING THE SAME LIMITED MERCHANDISE!!!---CANT GET ENOUGH OF A GOOD THING YA KNOW!Woman Wink

 

PASSIONATE SHOPPERS----translation---YEP, SOME OF US DO COMPLAIN A LOT (IN THE HOPES THAT QVC WILL MAKE SOME CHANGES SO WE KEEP SHOPPING AT QVC).............Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

 

 

Yes, our customers enjoy shopping. But they also enjoy being part of our lively, engaged community.---JUST ASK THE MODERATORS! LOL!

 

 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor
Posts: 65,440
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRV 5/20-5/21 PILLOW TALK AND MORE TECH!

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt... If you've never visited the QVC "Corporate" homepage, this ought to give you a chuckle... or something...

 

http://corporate.qvc.com/


 

@stevieb

 

Thanks for sharing, I needed a good laugh today!!! Yep, some of the best comedy scripts around LOL...I do  think QVC needs to change their name to FANTASY ISLAND!!!!  Woman Wink

 

This opening statement requires translation----

 

Exactly how do you change the way the world shops? At QVC, we do it every day by offering a curated, ever-changing collection of name brands and unique finds. And by bringing together a dynamic community of engaged personalities, relatable experts, dedicated team members, and passionate shoppers. And by creating a seamless, worry-free experience that’s available on every platform, accessible by every screen, every minute of the day—in nine countries and counting. Discover for yourself why QVC is the world’s leading digital retailer. And so much more.

 

CHANGE THE WAY THE WORLD SHOPS----translation---CUSTOMERS SEARCH OTHER RETAILERS TO FIND THE REAL BARGAINS!

 

EVER CHANGING COLLECTION OF NAME BRANDS AND UNIQUE FINDS---translation---THE SAME OLE STUFF YOU SEE IN YOUR LOCAL STORES! EVER CHANGING AND UNIQUE ---QVC HAS ADDED THAT NEW COLOR TO THE SAME PRODUCTS......

 

DYNAMIC COMMUNITY OF ENGAGED PERSONALITES, RELATABLE EXPERTS----translation-- POLARIZING AND EVEN SOME DOWNRIGHT QUIRKY HOSTS AND VENDORS---AND YOU'LL ENJOY LISTENING TO THEIR ENDLESS FAMILY ADVENTURES TOO....no reason to even have to mention names here  (BTW did you see that another one bites the dust, Jacque Gonzalez left QVC)..............

 

CREATING SEAMLESS, WORRY-FREE EXPERIENCE THATS AVAILABLE ON EVERY PLATFORM, EVERY SCREEN---translation--HOPEFULLY THE WEBSITE AND PRODUCT VIDEOS WILL WORK FOR YOU............AND NOW ENJOY SEVERAL CHANNELS SHOWING THE SAME LIMITED MERCHANDISE!!!---CANT GET ENOUGH OF A GOOD THING YA KNOW!Woman Wink

 

PASSIONATE SHOPPERS----translation---YEP, SOME OF US DO COMPLAIN A LOT (IN THE HOPES THAT QVC WILL MAKE SOME CHANGES SO WE KEEP SHOPPING AT QVC).............Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

 

 


@Spurt The whole thing is one collasal pun... But I think what gets me most is the use of the word 'curated'... Not only has this word become so overused in retail and especially on-line retail, but the notion that what QVC sells has been 'curated' is an utter joke... If by 'curated' they mean utterly lacking in variety then yes, their offerings have been 'curated'... 

 

And yes, while never much of a fan, I saw where JG had hit the trail, you know, hot on the heels of Peyton... and Albany... I don't know, Spurt, I think the Q might want to rethink that whole QVC 'family' and the 'hosts are your friends' thing... Most people I know don't like to see their family or friends given the heave-ho... and especially when they seem to be giving them the bum's rush these day when they do it... No warm words of farewell... No words of appreciation... Just a sort of 'hit the road, Jack' mentality... Whatever happened to the warm, fuzzy Q...


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,134
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRV 5/20-5/21 PILLOW TALK AND MORE TECH!

@stevieb

 

What I want to know is if the vendors have a SUPPLIER CODE OF CONDUCT ...so how does a certain line with intials LR (and I'm NOT talking Lisa Robinson)  continue to sell their merchandise after the vendors vulgar and obscene rant on both Twitter and a Reality Show....with QVC going to the extra mile and expense of bringing show and crew to her! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,134
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRV 5/20-5/21 PILLOW TALK AND MORE TECH!

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:


@Spurt The whole thing is one collasal pun... But I think what gets me most is the use of the word 'curated'... Not only has this word become so overused in retail and especially on-line retail, but the notion that what QVC sells has been 'curated' is an utter joke... If by 'curated' they mean utterly lacking in variety then yes, their offerings have been 'curated'... 

 

And yes, while never much of a fan, I saw where JG had hit the trail, you know, hot on the heels of Peyton... and Albany... I don't know, Spurt, I think the Q might want to rethink that whole QVC 'family' and the 'hosts are your friends' thing... Most people I know don't like to see their family or friends given the heave-ho... and especially when they seem to be giving them the bum's rush these day when they do it... No warm words of farewell... No words of appreciation... Just a sort of 'hit the road, Jack' mentality... Whatever happened to the warm, fuzzy Q...


@stevieb

 

Now now Stevie you must use the special QVC dictionary to define the word curated---THEIR definition means---they go to Manufacturers and ask them what stuff is overflowing in their warehouse that they want to get rid of, if ya give us a good price so we can still make a profit, we'll take it off your hands ---as a favor of course..........  And that my friend is "curated"..................

 

Not overly fond of JG myself, especially the childlike antics displayed from time to time...But yes agree totally, QVC talks about being part of "family" yet looks like an UNCARING  one to shove someone out the door with nary a proper farewell "fake" party to thank them for their 17 yrs (I guess Lisa Mason and Lisa Robertson were just lucky to be given a proper send off....Why dare I mention even PR got some flowers and a special farewell interview with Amy )........JG now joins the ranks of Bob Bowersox, Dave James,  Albany, Peyton Kelly.........."goodbye and don't let the door hit ya".............
.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor
Posts: 65,440
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRV 5/20-5/21 PILLOW TALK AND MORE TECH!

[ Edited ]

@Spurt Like I said, the warm, fuzzy Q is a thing of the past. Rinna must really sell, and that's all that matters to them...

 

That said, I think their trips westward ho are goofy... It's like many of us used to say about their trips to Italy there toward the end... They fly thousands of miles to hawk the same old stuff... When their remotes used to offer up beautiful scenery and new and interesting merchandise, well, that was different... 

 

 


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,134
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRV 5/20-5/21 PILLOW TALK AND MORE TECH!

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt Like I saie, the warm, fuzzy Q is a thing of the past. Rinna must really sell, that's what matters...

 

That said, I think their trips westward ho are goofy... It's like many of us used to say about their trips to Italy there toward the end... They fly thousands of miles to hawk the same old stuff... When their remotes used to offer up beautiful scenery and new and interesting merchandise, well, that was different... 

 

 


@stevieb

 

Oh yes the trips.......the one that gave me a good laugh was David V's trips to Aspen's Food & Wine Festival..............to show the same old kitchen qwap......but no interaction with the food or wine show on the TV show...the small attention to the festival had to be viewed on special link on the website...  but get ready, David gets to venture off to San Fran (what is their fascination with LALA LAND---perhaps they were a fan of movie and that suddenly inspired the Q to go westward on......or perhas re-visit the flop of their LA LIVE SHOWS.........)

 

As you pointed out the Italy Shows USED TO be a special change of pace, the beautiful scenery, beautiful and unique GOLD jewelry at REASONABLE prices....then things changed and traveling all that way, but the only thing different was the Mark Zunino gowns Lisa wore..........too far to go when the only interesting thing to talk about was THE GOWN.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”