Valued Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRV 5/14-5/15-BEAUTY, STYLE & MOM!

Ah, SPURT, the photo of the mare and foal brought back memories of my mare and her two foals, one my gelding who died two years ago at 26; when he was first born, he would totter around and try to nurse on her knee.   There is nothing much cuter than a baby horse.  The second, Bandit, is now 18, and he was a bad baby, he would stand out in the field chewing on his mother's tail, or would run up to her, turn around and kick her in the side, or rear up on her. She was a very patient and tolerant mother.   I have to be careful when cleaning his back feet because he has been known to give me a wedgie.  He is just too smart for his own good.

Glad to see no pictures from Mr. Puff this time......

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

@katiescarlett wrote:

Ah, SPURT, the photo of the mare and foal brought back memories of my mare and her two foals, one my gelding who died two years ago at 26; when he was first born, he would totter around and try to nurse on her knee.   There is nothing much cuter than a baby horse.  The second, Bandit, is now 18, and he was a bad baby, he would stand out in the field chewing on his mother's tail, or would run up to her, turn around and kick her in the side, or rear up on her. She was a very patient and tolerant mother.   I have to be careful when cleaning his back feet because he has been known to give me a wedgie.  He is just too smart for his own good.

@katiescarlett

When I was looking at animal moms and their babies I thought the mare and foal were so sweet......I had to include it!!!  Wow Bandit II sounds like he is a fiesty and spirited horse .....LOL!!!  

Looks like you spoke too soon.....I got this photo....looks like Mr. Puff in front of a barn with some friends........Woman Wink

bccabbb24fe1d30f0c28159b63ec277c.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@katiescarlett wrote:

@katiescarlett

When I was looking at animal moms and their babies I thought the mare and foal were so sweet......I had to include it!!!  Wow Bandit II sounds like he is a fiesty and spirited horse .....LOL!!!  

Looks like you spoke too soon.....I got this photo....looks like Mr. Puff in front of a barn with some friends........Woman Wink

bccabbb24fe1d30f0c28159b63ec277c.jpg

Bandit is too smart for his own good.

The black lab reminds me of my current girl, Daisy.  Great picture!

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call