Valued Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRV 4/8-4/9 EASTER PREP, COSMETICS, & VACUUMS!

Hey SPURT, been off the boards for a couple of weeks, but I am glad I came back and checked out your post because I see that skamp, Mr. Puff, has been sending you pictures of himself again, this time dyeing Easter eggs!  That boy!!

Didn't the Q just have a Perricone TSV??  And I caught a bit of the D&C show last night and it really startling how  much more expensive the clothes have gotten. And when you factor in no refund of shipping costs plus factor in the cost to return clothes, it makes them even more expensive.  And considering the challenges with size inconsistencies, even within a line, or even within an item number, it makes one want to avoid buying clothes from the Q. I read that B&M stores are in even more trouble from online shopping but honestly, I would rather go to Kohl's and try on clothes, stack coupons and percent offs and get something that fits, and they have a generous return policy.

We have had some dicey weather recently, with tornados and severe thunderstorms.  In fact, Thurs. they closed campus because of flooding and would not let any one drive on campus and sent all of us home at lunch.

And by the way, how about those Gamecocks!  Final Four for men and a championship for women!  Darius Rucker gave a free concert for the university on Wed. as a gift.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

LOL! My sentiments exactly!

IMG_3787.JPG

That's what l feel like doing every time l see another Dyson or Shark TSV... Let's all gather 'round the TV tomorrow, and learn how to vacuum!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@katiescarlett wrote:

Hey SPURT, been off the boards for a couple of weeks, but I am glad I came back and checked out your post because I see that skamp, Mr. Puff, has been sending you pictures of himself again, this time dyeing Easter eggs!  That boy!!

Didn't the Q just have a Perricone TSV??  And I caught a bit of the D&C show last night and it really startling how  much more expensive the clothes have gotten. And when you factor in no refund of shipping costs plus factor in the cost to return clothes, it makes them even more expensive.  And considering the challenges with size inconsistencies, even within a line, or even within an item number, it makes one want to avoid buying clothes from the Q. I read that B&M stores are in even more trouble from online shopping but honestly, I would rather go to Kohl's and try on clothes, stack coupons and percent offs and get something that fits, and they have a generous return policy.

We have had some dicey weather recently, with tornados and severe thunderstorms.  In fact, Thurs. they closed campus because of flooding and would not let any one drive on campus and sent all of us home at lunch.

And by the way, how about those Gamecocks!  Final Four for men and a championship for women!  Darius Rucker gave a free concert for the university on Wed. as a gift.

@katiescarlett

Hey KATIE! Yep....it looks like Mr. Puff is getting ready for the Easter Bunny unbeknowst to you and sent a photo along to show his preparation for the big event.....Cat WinkCat LOL

I posted a note on the Sports part of the Forum---CONGRATS to your S.Carolina's women's basketball team TOURNAMENT CHAMPS WHOO HOO---WTG!!!  And CONGRATS to the men too....they went further in the tournament than a lot of the  favorites who got knocked out and didnt make it as far.....Woman Very Happy

images.jpg

WOW!!!---that's some weather you've been having..glad you made it through safely..and those tornadoes are very scary....we've had a few in our area....And those had to be serious floods to send y'all home at lunch time... .  We had a severe storm here last Sunday. LOTS of lightning and high winds and pea size hail, and strange looking clouds...and much needed rain,  ...I thought it was ripe for a tornado, but thankfully alll we got was a good rain...Houston got the bigger brunt of the storm and flooding.....Spring is the time of the year for storms.....

I've really given up on QVC clothing---the prices are too high, and the sizing is awful, and material quality is going downhill..........Not only are the online retailers getting the clothing orders, but other retailers like TJ Maxx and Marshalls are getting the sales too...  Surprisingly, there is no Kohl's near by where I live.....occasionally I may journey to a Shopping Center that has a Kohl's....I did buy some t-shirts from there and let me tell you the quality and fit are superb!!!  Since these are classic t-shirts they last from season to season and despite all the washings they have held up well too---no piling, or stretching, or fading--they look brand new!!!

I had gone to Macy's to get a couple new t-shirts for spring/summer and the material was like cardboard, very scratchy and thin too---they were so cheaply made I couldn't believe it (even Walmart's are better than this)...so no wonder Macy's is struggling financially.....  Dillards had some decent t-hirts and tops but I was aghast that the majority were 3/4 sleeves!!!  I asked the Sales Associte where are the short sleeved t-shirts and tops---this is Texas with HOT WEATHER, the temperatures have been 10 degrees above normal and I dont like 3/4 sleeves....she told me thats all for right now, they may get more short sleeve and sleeveless merchandise when the summer merchandise comes in...She guided me to the few they had...  I did get a Westbound t-shirt, and another one that was very cute---had birds and flowers on it---very springy and they were on sale!!!---they certainly beat QVC's prices and quality!!!  i guess I'll have to make a trip to Kohls...............

Yep, Perricone is the TSV....I am so sick and tired of all these beauty TSVs and shows ...I thought they'd move them to Beauty IQ or Q 2 .....I still watch AM STYLE for a good laugh (not much on TV at that time of the morning also)....and I just can't believe they have to have not one but TWO, LENGTHY presentations of the beauty TSV --- At least show some clothes afterall it's a FASHION show....animated-smileys-rolleyes-10.gif  And of course when they do the on air demo and put a moisturizer fresh on the skin is going to look better than the untreated side of the face....but what about the long term results...and the regular retail price for the TSV was over $800--SAY WHAT!!!?????????  And even with the TSV price of  $200 is outrageous!!!---I think the drug store brands work for me just fine!   Oh and whoever the stylist is for AM STYLE is downright awful....some of the combinations that they put on the models ..looks like an episode of what NOT to wear! 

Well take care....and stay safe from all the crazy weather! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

LOL! My sentiments exactly!

IMG_3787.JPG

That's what l feel like doing every time l see another Dyson or Shark TSV... Let's all gather 'round the TV tomorrow, and learn how to vacuum!

@handygal2

Oh boy vacuuming. that's how I feel too HANDY GAL!...Gee havent all the Q customers that need a vacuum bought one yet....they are on so frequently.....or maybe the brand they purchased didnt work out so they had to try another no doubt.................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@nrm wrote:

@Spurt So cute! You've done it again! Loved the pics! Thanks so much for sharing! 😸

@nrm

Thanks glad you liked it! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

Oh boy @Spurt what pricesless photos and prose you came up with this week.  I smiled my way thru all of it.

Watching that kitty circling the cups of dye made me think oh boy that's an accident waiting to happen and the kitten sleeping on the rabbit was so cute.  Also loved those boots!

and this photo just made my heart all warm.

Image result for cats and easter baskets

thanks so much for the post and the smiles.

@GinaV24

Thanks for your kind comments.....

Yep, I would like to see more photos with the kitty and the egg coloring and see how it went down.....I picture a cat colored in egg dye---LOL!!!  

That kitty in the basket is too adorable....you just wanna pick her up and give her a hug.....

Have a good weekend! 

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Spurt

Thank you!

I smiled, laughed and the pets warm my heart.

@butterfly123

Hi BUTTERFLY---thanks for your continued support and nice comments! 

Have a wonderful weekend!

Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@Spurt  Those are precious......thank you!  I especially like the kitten sleeping on top of the bunny.

@2blonde @DrKelli

Thank you both---appreciate the kind words!  That bunny and kitty are so cute!!

Have a wonderful weekend.....

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Harvey the pooka is that you?????

Image result for dog and an easter bunnyRelated image

@Mz iMac

Yep, that's exactly how I picture Harvey the pooka from the Jimmy Stewart movie.....Take Care!

Esteemed Contributor

wek_easterdog040209_62586a_8col.jpg

I can't stop looking at this. What a sweetie. Thanks for a great post.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat