Valued Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRV 4/29-4/30 MOMS AND FANS!!!

Hey SPURT, My mother would have punished me if I had given her LOGO for Mother's Day!  Sadly, I don't think the horses, dogs, or barn cats will be giving me anything for Mother's Day other than some grief or extra chores.Woman TongueWoman Wink

I can't believe that many hours for a fan!  Honestly, if I have that much money to spend on a fan, I have more money than sense.  And you are right, I have noticed the trend that ITKWD now showcases the TSV even if it has nothing to do with the kitchen.  Any more, I just check out "shop the show" online, see there is nothing of interest (heavy on the food these days), and don't watch.  Not even anything of interest cookbook-wise.

And, yes, we did just have a bunch of Philosophy shows.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

Your precious critter pics are adorable~!  Thanks for sharing them with us... and no Fitbit for me.... with my luck I'd keel over half way around the block and be embarressed to death when the EMR checked out my steps..... Woman Wink

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

Happy Mother's Day Mom! Love you but you're a lazy slob, here's a FitBit!
Nope, not a good gift idea unless it's what Mom wants. I got my mom a tank and scarf set from Evine she liked.
I'll tune into the fashion but everything else is a total Snooze fest. No one can make fans exciting.
Honored Contributor

Hi, Spurt. This photo really cracks me up! They appear to be newborn dogs, but l'm not sure what kind...

IMG_3851.JPG

FitBit for Mother's Day?! I don't think so!! No Dyson fan, either!... I will take one of the jewelry offerings, though! 

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katiescarlett wrote:

Hey SPURT, My mother would have punished me if I had given her LOGO for Mother's Day!  Sadly, I don't think the horses, dogs, or barn cats will be giving me anything for Mother's Day other than some grief or extra chores.Woman TongueWoman Wink

I can't believe that many hours for a fan!  Honestly, if I have that much money to spend on a fan, I have more money than sense.  And you are right, I have noticed the trend that ITKWD now showcases the TSV even if it has nothing to do with the kitchen.  Any more, I just check out "shop the show" online, see there is nothing of interest (heavy on the food these days), and don't watch.  Not even anything of interest cookbook-wise.

@katiescarlett

Hey KATIE!!!  Despite the Logo being host's Leah's favorite....I think I'll pass too....Woman LOLWoman Wink   Logo just isnt my style.... Well at least it was short sleeve---it was in the 90's here for the last few days and it's just not long sleeve or jacket weather---I cant believe they actually showed a D&C Leather Lamb jacket on one of their "fashion" shows---but then again the air conditioning is so cold ya know----NOT!!! ......Thankfully a cool front came through and we are back in the upper 70's YEAH! Woman Very Happy....for a few days anyway....but still above normal temperatures---ARRRGGHHH!

But Katie our critters give us "special" Mothers Day "gifts"....I get to clean their litter box and you get to clean the barn.....Woman LOL

It seems every weekend they rotate IT Cosmetics, Argan Oil, and Philosophy.  I read where Coty (which bought Philosophy awhile back) isnt doing so well financially---you read complaints on the Forum about their watered down formulas....

That is so silly about the TSV being on ITKWD no matter what---I guess the Q considers him an especially good salesperson to be putting an out of theme product in the mix...........But the few times Ive flipped channels all I see is prepared food at outrageous prices!!!! and no interesting kitchen gadgets anymore---the few they show now are the same ole thing (its Q's pattern)....Id rather go to a kitchen store called Kiss The Cook and find something more interesting.........

I hope you and all your critters are doing well!!! Have a good week my friend! Woman Very Happy

ChocolateLab.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

Hi, Spurt. This photo really cracks me up! They appear to be newborn dogs, but l'm not sure what kind...

IMG_3851.JPG

FitBit for Mother's Day?! I don't think so!! No Dyson fan, either!... I will take one of the jewelry offerings, though! 

@handygal2

I think they are bulldog babies....so cute....love their pudgy tummies---

QVC has such creative ideas for gifts dont they......the poor moms out there.......Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Jewelry or a Dooney.....I'll take for Mother's Day........but IF MY FAMILY IS LISTENING.........NO sweepers....fans....or Fit Bit!!!!!! LOL

I remember the year my brother got Calphalon pots and pans for his wife when the boys were little........he thought it was a GREAT gift.... my SIL ....not so much....

@Nataliesgramma

I know some people like practical gifts but COMEON---what do they say,  "mom your outta shape: or your house is too dirty or too hot---LOL!!!  

Some of the gifts these men come up with--your poor SIL...One of the guys on the sports show I watch got his wife a recliner for Mother's Day --she was not amused...-guess who was the one that used it---I sense an ulterior motive there....LOL!

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

Pokey and Grumpy!! My favorites! Smiley Happy

Image result for grumpy cat's brother pokey

Image result for grumpy cats looking bored

@TY

Pokey & Grumpy are my favorites too..........Cat Very HappyHeart

Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@katiescarlett wrote:

@katiescarlett

Hey KATIE!!!  Despite the Logo being host's Leah's favorite....I think I'll pass too....Woman LOLWoman Wink   Logo just isnt my style.... Well at least it was short sleeve---it was in the 90's here for the last few days and it's just not long sleeve or jacket weather---I cant believe they actually showed a D&C Leather Lamb jacket on one of their "fashion" shows---but then again the air conditioning is so cold ya know----NOT!!! ......Thankfully a cool front came through and we are back in the upper 70's YEAH! Woman Very Happy....for a few days anyway....but still above normal temperatures---ARRRGGHHH!

But Katie our critters give us "special" Mothers Day "gifts"....I get to clean their litter box and you get to clean the barn.....Woman LOL

It seems every weekend they rotate IT Cosmetics, Argan Oil, and Philosophy.  I read where Coty (which bought Philosophy awhile back) isnt doing so well financially---you read complaints on the Forum about their watered down formulas....

That is so silly about the TSV being on ITKWD no matter what---I guess the Q considers him an especially good salesperson to be putting an out of theme product in the mix...........But the few times Ive flipped channels all I see is prepared food at outrageous prices!!!! and no interesting kitchen gadgets anymore---the few they show now are the same ole thing (its Q's pattern)....Id rather go to a kitchen store called Kiss The Cook and find something more interesting.........

I hope you and all your critters are doing well!!! Have a good week my friend! Woman Very Happy

ChocolateLab.jpg

Hum, I see Mr. Puff has been at it again, sending you pictures to post.  Honestly, that dog. 

So, flipping channels, I noticed the fan on ITKWD, 30 minutes later, changing channels again, they were STILL on the fan! 

I was never a fan of Philosophy bath or lotion products.  They don't suds, despite them squeezing suds in the bowl, and the scent if fleeting. I much prefer B&BW, good sales, much better product.

It is hot here, too, and I refuse to turn on the A/C before May.  I had to move bales of hay today, and I was hot and sweaty and itchy from the hay.  Why people think a "roll in the hay" would be fun is beyond me, hay scratches and is not the least bit comfortable!Woman LOL And,  yes, I did a big clean up in the stalls yesterday.  They have 3 acres to run around in yet they choose to come inside to do their business.  Gee, thanks! 

Final exams wrapping up at work, will be quiet for a few more days and then summer school starts.

Stay cool!

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt OMgosh absolutely priceless photos & commentary.  I skipped QVC since I had other things to do on Saturday and never watch on Sunday's any more since the programming just doesn't cut it for me.  Cleaning closets out is more exciting to me AND I had picked up books a the library on Saturday so I sat and read instead.