Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRV 4/15-4/16-TAXES AND EASTER!

@Bird mama wrote:

99% of the time I think people who put hats on birds need to be slapped.

That said, here is a cute chick wearing her 'easter hat'.

Image result for bird wearing hat

@Bird mama

LOL---but the chick looks soooooooooo cute in her Easter bonnet................Woman Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@stevieb

Hey STEVIE!  So how's it going in the nations qwappitol.....?????  

Well nothing much new.......the weather here has been warm and muggy and rain is looming........my NFL team is dysfunctional......but guess what, my sister's dream boat Eli is in trouble along with his team in misrepresenting memorabillia---so there's an investigation going on (he told a trainer to get him some helmets that he could pass off as game worn stuff to sell to collectors for big bucks---I dont know how the sports collectors found out that they werent game worn items, and didnt get what they paid for...my sister thinks its all one big misunderstanding....I'm hopin they throw the book at the Giants and Eli---EVIL LAUGH!!!...........

I have been doing mostly local shopping and got some good deals on clothes, home goods etc........found a great Tig handbag at Stein Mart...dark teal.......better deal and price than several I saw on the Q....oh I occasionally peek in to see what the Q is doing when I work from home....but other than a re-order on a Laura Geller makeup item havent purchased anything here.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb

Hey STEVIE!  So how's it going in the nations qwappitol.....?????  

Well nothing much new.......the weather here has been warm and muggy and rain is looming........my NFL team is dysfunctional......but guess what, my sister's dream boat Eli is in trouble along with his team in misrepresenting memorabillia---so there's an investigation going on (he told a trainer to get him some helmets that he could pass off as game worn stuff to sell to collectors for big bucks---I dont know how the sports collectors found out that they werent game worn items, and didnt get what they paid for...my sister thinks its all one big misunderstanding....I'm hopin they throw the book at the Giants and Eli---EVIL LAUGH!!!...........

I have been doing mostly local shopping and got some good deals on clothes, home goods etc........found a great Tig handbag at Stein Mart...dark teal.......better deal and price than several I saw on the Q....oh I occasionally peek in to see what the Q is doing when I work from home....but other than a re-order on a Laura Geller makeup item havent purchased anything here.......

@Spurt... It's going... It's been nice here until yesterday, when it was quite hot. Today is dreary with a little rain... It'll heat up again later in the week... You know what's coming, ole pal.... and so do I... and it doesn't make me beside myself with joy...

I have to admit, I haven't been following any sports news at all since the "Big Game", which of course, made my day and shocked me senseless sense things didn't look promising early in the game; but I sincerely hope that Eli gets a serious comeuppance... As you well know, I don't like him at all... And what a shoddy thing to do to his fans. Heck, he should be grateful he has any... And come on, he can't be hard up for funds... I'll have to make it a point to see how this gets resolved. Otherwise, the only NFL news I'll be seeking is who gets Christian McCaffrey... I adore that boy...

I've not been doing a lot of shopping lately, but when I have been, yes, it's mostly local stores... I did buy my mother a Joan Rivers scarf from here, but that and some Edward Bess concealer have been about my only QVC purchases for some time... And heck, the only reason I bought the scarf, especially priced as it was... is because my mother loves cardinals and it's a cardinals scarf...

Thanks for the message and hoping all is well with you...

Woman Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt... It's going... It's been nice here until yesterday, when it was quite hot. Today is dreary with a little rain... It'll heat up again later in the week... You know what's coming, ole pal.... and so do I... and it doesn't make me beside myself with joy...

I have to admit, I haven't been following any sports news at all since the "Big Game", which of course, made my day and shocked me senseless sense things didn't look promising early in the game; but I sincerely hope that Eli gets a serious comeuppance... As you well know, I don't like him at all... And what a shoddy thing to do to his fans. Heck, he should be grateful he has any... And come on, he can't be hard up for funds... I'll have to make it a point to see how this gets resolved. Otherwise, the only NFL news I'll be seeking is who gets Christian McCaffrey... I adore that boy...

I've not been doing a lot of shopping lately, but when I have been, yes, it's mostly local stores... I did buy my mother a Joan Rivers scarf from here, but that and some Edward Bess concealer have been about my only QVC purchases for some time... And heck, the only reason I bought the scarf, especially priced as it was... is because my mother loves cardinals and it's a cardinals scarf...

Thanks for the message and hoping all is well with you...

Woman Happy

@stevieb

Hey STEVIE, I know that the Q holds little interest of anything to anyone these days.....

I've been doing okay.....my sis has been sick, she had a bad reaction to some medication that her doctor gave her.....she was out of commission for a week, so I've been checking on her, but is OK now.  

Yep, the thermometer is creeping upwards on us......My April bill will be my last low utility bill,then they will be going up for the next 4 months, not just for the extra elecricity to run the air conditioner, but the energy company likes to apply a "seasonal adjustment" here to force conservation ANd to take more out of our wallet$.Woman SadWoman Tongue....... So Im dreading summer already!  Yet the hosts and vendors are telling the audience to layer their clothing, it's so on trend ya know, making women look like they are visiting the North Pole instead of heading to the nearest pool or beach!!!  But I gave up on QVC clothing long ago, and stick to local stores.......better prices, no try me fee, better quality fabric, and consistent sizing....but it is a bit humorous to listen to their spiel.............I think Joan's, line is one of the few that still even care about quality, and Joan did have some nice things- (I even have a set of her Christmas ornaments--they are beautiful and nicely done)---and I'm a bit partial to cardinals myself (they are my and were my mom's favorite bird).....

I know you dont really follow sports, but I thought you'd get a kick out of Eli's investigation.....of course my sis will defend him til the cows come home and say it has to be just a misunderstanding..yeah right!!!...Woman Frustrated  Maybe he needed some help paying for that mansion in the Hamptons he recently purchased.....the commercial offers dont seem to be rolling in as they used to when he and his brother did them together....And Eli is getting to the end of his lucrative career too......GOOD RIDDANCE!!!  

Yes McCaffrey is going to be a solid draft pick and he's a good guy too for some team.....I hate to tell you but several mock drafts have him being picked by your "favorite" local team...Woman Wink!! But, personally I think they will go defense out of a greater need, and wait until later rounds for a running back, when, sadly and unfortunately MCaffrey will be long gone by then.....JMHO

Some neighbors and I have been feeding an older feral cat that someone took and had spayed, she gets shots and flea treatments, she is quite friendly, but does not like to spend a lot of time indoors, she basically eats,and then wants outside, So this cat is an occasional vistor to my house for a quick snack. To make a long story short....she "rewards" me .....first it was a live lizard....which I quickly took away from her and put it back outside....  Well this afternoon I heard her meowing at the door and let her in (to eat dinner I thought)....she had something in her mouth, at first I couldn't tell what it was....I thought at first it was one of those big roaches...ARRRGGHH!! But on second look---it was a live sparrow--thankfully the bird got away from the cat and thankfullyescaped---I  had my sliding glass door open and it flew outside...it appeared unharmed......

It was good to hear from you....and I hope everything is going well with you....Take Care!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt... I thoroughly enjoyed hearing about  that dolt, Eli's, faux pas... Keep me posted !! Glad your DS is feeling better, but the woman truly needs a serious common sense injection as far as her Eli fixation goes...

Woman Wink

I have less use for the Skins year after year, it seems, but wouldn't mind seeing Christian land here... It probabaly wouldn't be in his best interest, but heck, at least it would be some reason to maybe watch them occasionally... Not to mention he'd give the team a little injection of class, which it could sorely use... It won't happen, though... They're not that bright around here and besides, I don't think the organization has ever been in more disarray... Sadly, I don't think your QB is worth what he think he is... but there's nothing out there to pick from... Of course, I could live with Christian landing in NE too...

Woman Happy

Good luck with that kitty... They do love to 'reward' us for looking out for then don't they...?

Beautiful here today... Breezy and very moderate temperatures...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb

I'll keep you posted on Eli...although the NFL takes an eternity to investigage anything, but even the State of NJ is checking into it too...........

Yep, kitties try to reward us for our kindness.......but their version of an reward is different than ours......Cat WinkCat LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt... Somehow New Jersey investigating doesn't overwhelm me with confidence...

Smiley Wink

As for cats and their 'rewards', tell me about it... One of my cats was forever bringing me chipmunks that I then had to try to find and get out of the house... Ever try to chase and catch a chipmunk... Oy... I was gifted once with a dead rat... Really, really appreciated that one... I guess it was better than a live rat...

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Hi, All and especially @Spurt just got a chance to catch up and read the fun post & replies.  I definitely skipped all the philosophy and computer stuff this past weekend.  It was a really nice day on Sunday - I hope you all enjoyed the holidays, too.

I used to be a philosophy junkie, I guess you would say but I quit a while ago since I wasn't happy with the product any longer so I'm using up my "supply" and not buying any more.  I'll stick with the drugstore versions.

This photo made me go -- why? and wonder how that cat can be sooo patient as I am quite sure mine wouldn't let me get near them with anything like that.

Image result for easter cats

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt hi, hope your sister is feeling better.  I read your post about the stray with interest because I have one who "adopted" me during the winter months.  I've been feeding her and letting her sleep in a box on the glassed in porch (with a heater on to boot).  She is relatively friendly, too but I have not been able to catch her and I'd like to take her to the vet to be sure she is OK.  I have two indoor kitties and they would like to come out on the porch now that the weather is better BUT I can't let them have contact unless I know she's not sick - she certainly seems healthy but I know that is no guarantee.

I really don't want to use a trap unless I have no other choice since I think it will destroy the trust I've built up with her.

I was planting asparagus this weekend and she was laying there in the sun - just out of reach.  I've had a head bump against the leg so she's not terrified of me and she sort of looks longingly at the door to inside but as I said, w/o a vet checkup, it's a no go for me and she certainly doesn't seem to want to be inside. 

Fortunately she is smart enough to stay away from the road!