Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT?PRV 1/21-1/22--SLEEPING AND COOKING!!!

@Pandalady wrote:

@Spurt  Thank you for my weekly giggles!  I just adore the doxie in the "Quacker Factory"--ish pjs.  How cute!  Also love Buddy the doxie from "The Secret Life of Pets"!Cat Very Happy

PS:  From the ATL:  Go Falcons!Cat Very Happy

@Pandalady

How Bout Those Falcons! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Pandalady wrote:

@Spurt  Thank you for my weekly giggles!  I just adore the doxie in the "Quacker Factory"--ish pjs.  How cute!  Also love Buddy the doxie from "The Secret Life of Pets"!Cat Very Happy

PS:  From the ATL:  Go Falcons!Cat Very Happy

@Pandalady

How Bout Those Falcons! Woman Very Happy

@Spurt I have no alliegence to either team, but I think it will be an entertaining Super Bowl. My Broncos won last year, so I will be happy for a few years and let the joy get spread around. 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb

I noticed our "favorite buyer" surprisingly absent from gold rush day even though Vincenza and other Italian pieces were presented.....hmmmmmm

Peyton the gem guy has been on....I do like him...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb

I noticed our "favorite buyer" surprisingly absent from gold rush day even though Vincenza and other Italian pieces were presented.....hmmmmmm

Well @Spurt, now that you mention it... Yes, he has been blessedly absent. Must be out calling in favors... The only bit I watched was Nancy, earlier. She was followed by La Marm, so off it went... I've had Jane on with the volume turned down for a few minutes, but off it goes after her, as That Man takes over...  I noted they've been using the mantra quite a bit today 'you asked and we listened'... If only...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I was happy that Dull David wasn't there for the gold shows. 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb

Well @Spurt, now that you mention it... Yes, he has been blessedly absent. Must be out calling in favors... The only bit I watched was Nancy, earlier. She was followed by La Marm, so off it went... I've had Jane on with the volume turned down for a few minutes, but off it go after her, as That Man takes over...  I noted they've been using the mantra quite a bit today 'you asked and we listened'... If only...

@stevieb

Yep, perhaps that's it.......all those "fabulous" favors......  I saw a little bit of LaMarm but trned the channel....and yes while I applaud JRT's enthusiasm, one can only take so much.......That Man and Antonella was an odd pairing..... 

I also noticed a few "you asked and we listened" now if only they'd take it a step further..........at least the Q isn't going the direction of Aunt Mandy....in case you haven't heard HSN and A&E networks partenered to place their HSN goods in Lifetime movies....what is with all these gimmicks!!!! ...what about unique products at good prices with reasonable shipping and listening to customer feedback??????????????

https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2017/01/19/hsn-to-sell-goods-placed-in-lifetime-flick/

So I see not much happening in your neck of the woods, eh?....just some "neighbors" moving out, others moving in ......Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

I was happy that Dull David wasn't there for the gold shows. 

@GinaV24

what a blessing.....and glad I didnt see anyone jumping on jewelry either--(to prove quality and strength)-LOL!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb

Well @Spurt, now that you mention it... Yes, he has been blessedly absent. Must be out calling in favors... The only bit I watched was Nancy, earlier. She was followed by La Marm, so off it went... I've had Jane on with the volume turned down for a few minutes, but off it go after her, as That Man takes over...  I noted they've been using the mantra quite a bit today 'you asked and we listened'... If only...

@stevieb

Yep, perhaps that's it.......all those "fabulous" favors......  I saw a little bit of LaMarm but trned the channel....and yes while I applaud JRT's enthusiasm, one can only take so much.......That Man and Antonella was an odd pairing..... 

I also noticed a few "you asked and we listened" now if only they'd take it a step further..........at least the Q isn't going the direction of Aunt Mandy....in case you haven't heard HSN and A&E networks partenered to place their HSN goods in Lifetime movies....what is with all these gimmicks!!!! ...what about unique products at good prices with reasonable shipping and listening to customer feedback??????????????

https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2017/01/19/hsn-to-sell-goods-placed-in-lifetime-flick/

So I see not much happening in your neck of the woods, eh?....just some "neighbors" moving out, others moving in ......Woman Wink

I don't get it either @Spurt... Apparently, they're willing to try anything EXCEPT selling interesting, desirable, fresh merchandise at reasonable prices... The HSN/Lifetime connection is the dumbtest thing yet, but it appears Lifetime is doing a lot of this... I recall some of their Christmas movies sponsored by Kay jewelers all featured Kay products... Whatever...

I will say the Gold Rush was the best one they've offered in recent memory, assuming you could get past the hosts or, like me, you only watched sparingly but checked on line...

Yes, our non-winter here continues in the Qwapital, as we go through our periodic out with old and in with the new ritual... Should be interesting...

Smiley Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I don't get it either @Spurt... Apparently, they're willing to try anything EXCEPT selling interesting, desirable, fresh merchandise at reasonable prices... The HSN/Lifetime connection is the dumbtest thing yet, but it appears Lifetime is doing a lot of this... I recall some of their Christmas movies sponsored by Kay jewelers all featured Kay products... Whatever...

I will say the Gold Rush was the best one they've offered in recent memory, assuming you could get past the hosts or, like me, you only watched sparingly but checked on line...

Yes, our non-winter here continues in the Qwapital, as we go through our periodic out with old and in with the new ritual... Should be interesting...

Smiley Happy

@stevieb

Yes the QVC Gold Rush Day was a rare enjoyable day of Q watching (with the exception of a couple of hosts).....  I did purchase some earrings....

I watched Valeries show and while the set was lovely it was just more of her same stuff.....and of course spheres.....but Jane who everyone expects to be shall we say "talkative" was just out of control and had to turn each and every item into her own family miniseries ...... there was one point where the always calm Valerie appeared to be a bit amused and frustrated and gently put her hand on Jane's back and directed her to the arrangments on the set...Download rolleyes 10Download rolleyes 10......Jane even took time to lament how she was begging QVC to bring back some entertainment show that she had long ago.....too much!!!!........   I just moved on to other tasks.....

I have had a bit of the flu bug (even though I had the flu shot---go figure) I didn't take my Christmas stuff down until last weend and did it haphazardly just to get it all down and packed away......and promised myself at some point to go buy and purge some stuff and re-organize it all......a promise not sure when it will be kept......LOL!!! 

The weather had been spring like here.....with temps in the upper 70's and it crept into the low 80's until thankfully a cool front brought it back down to the lovely upper 50's and lower 60's.....I think we've only had on week of real winter when the highs were in th 30's......hopefully we won't have too early of a spring which usually means an overly long and hot summer....Woman Tongue  

Hope things are well with you....have a good week...

Esteemed Contributor

LOL product placement now? @Spurt well I guess it works in some ways but I seldom notice those kinds of things unless it is "odd".