Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PREVIEW REGULARS----A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!

@Sue in cincinnati wrote:

Merry Christmas, Spurt!  Thanks for a year of fun weekend reviews....Sue

@Sue in cincinnati  Thanks and a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and yours too!!!Cat Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@lynnsy wrote:

Merry Christmas to you Spurt !  Thank you so much for all the play by play weekly updates, even though I know the shows are pretty much more of the same, I love reading your spin on things!

Well Spurt @Spurt, it couldn't be more miserable here, so I can only hope your plight is better. Moreover, the awful forecast (warm, rain, muggy, fog... you name it...) looks to be stuck in place not just through Christmas, as if that wasn't bad enough, but for the next week... Very unpleasant in your Nation's Qwapitol... Not feeling much like the holiday season, which is unfortunate. It only comes once a year and this one is just a wash out... Anyway... a very Merry Christmas to you and DS. Hope you have a wonderful holiday...

@stevieb  When they showed the national weather map it seems our respective parts of the country were both experiencing totally warm and unChristmaslike conditions!!!  Woman Tongue  But in our area at least there is light at the end of tunnel---artic air coming our way---But despite all the technology, latest doppler, computers, and even help from Europe (why there is even a European model weather computer to help predict our weather here in Texas---who knew).......anyway, they are still unsure when in the next few days we can don long sleeves once again! Maybe the New Year will start off with the correct weather for 2016!!!  What is funny is several web sites have mentioned the RARE full moon on Christmas ......yet the weather morons haven't even mentioned it.....instead they were in a heated debate over whether Canada celebrated Boxing Day like the UK.....Smiley

And a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS to you, your mom and friends!!!  Enjoy a good one ole pal!!! 

What can I say @Spurt, there's a reason we call them the weather morons... The entire next week looks lousy here and for once, I'm hoping they're wrong. Of course this will be the time they're not... All the locals seem able to do at present is salivate about the possibilty of breaking records with this putrid weather. Like really?  Really? Who cares... I've still got quite a bit to do today and really, couldn't care less, as the season has turned into a wash-out, but it's got to be done... despite the miserable conditions and my utter fatigue, which, of course, is 'enhanced' by being hot and cranky... Enjoy...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Oh but @Spurt, before I go and make myself even more tired that I am by finishing up some cleaning (baking is definitely OUT... no way I'm heating this place up more than it already is...) I have to tell you how MY CHRISTMAS WAS RUINED...  It's all Amazon and UPS' fault... You see, I'd ordered myself a bottle of perfume... And although the tracking indicated it would be here by last night at 8PM... IT HASN'T ARRIVED... And I simply don't think I can face Christmas without it... I'm utterly devasted... I can't go on without my new bottle of fragrance. They've destroyed my entire holiday... Wawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

Woman Tongue Woman Very Happy Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Merry Christmas, Spurt!   Happy Holidays, everyone!

Spurt, thank you for the weekly chuckles.  Your recaps are always such fun to read.  

Respected Contributor

Merry Christmas @Spurt and to all of the regulars on here. Hope everyone had a wonderful and happy holiday.

Loving those absoultely adorable pet photos.  One of the decorations I had was "sparkly" and I realized that some of the sparkle had transferred to the cats.  They were not pleased to have me wipe them off with a damp paper towle so I can't imagine they would ever allow me to "dress" them up but I apprecaite all of the patient animals that do.  It makes me smile every time, so thanks so much for posting them.

Passing on the Clark's TSV for 12/26.  I don't need boots like this as I have several pairs that don't need replacing so I will pass plus the last couple of times I bought boots/shoes from Clark's on QVC the sizing has been off so I'm no longer willing to chance buyinig from them and having to pay shipping both ways.

Respected Contributor

oh no, @stevieb sorry that you didn't get your gift in time, that is sad to hear.

Here in the Phila area we had the same weird weather that DC had. Very warm, wet and foggy.  When I walked into my brother's house Christmas morning, I said "is it Easter?" since the temps were do warm it felt like that.

Cooler today but still wet.  I am very glad I am not traveling too far with this weather.

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

oh no, @stevieb sorry that you didn't get your gift in time, that is sad to hear.

Here in the Phila area we had the same weird weather that DC had. Very warm, wet and foggy.  When I walked into my brother's house Christmas morning, I said "is it Easter?" since the temps were do warm it felt like that.

Cooler today but still wet.  I am very glad I am not traveling too far with this weather.

Not to worry @GinaV24, my bemoaning of the non-arrival was a tongue in cheek parody of the posts that usualy start arriving today. And, as luck would have it, it arrived on the 24th... Yes, the weather was (and is) miserable and really did put a significant damper on Christmas, as far as I'm concerned. Living where I live, I'm pretty much reduced to never anticipating a Currier and Ives Christmas card scene for Christmas, but the usual 50's drizzly and humid is bad enough, without it being downright sweltering. You couldn't even wear a sweater on Christmas Eve, for heaven's sake. Occasionlly, it's actually cold here for Christmas and even more rarely we'll see a dusting of snow, usually before the holidays... but not often... This year, though, was a whole new low, and one apparently shared by many... Yes, it's cooler here today too, though I understand yet another significant warm-up is predicted tomorrow, unless that's changed... hopefully... Still dreary, still damp but so far, at least no more rain today.

Respected Contributor

@Spurt and all the fun readers of the weekend preview, I hope you enjoyed your holiday. Thanks SPURT for your efforts to keep us superbly entertained. We had a white Christmas.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

Oh but @Spurt, before I go and make myself even more tired that I am by finishing up some cleaning (baking is definitely OUT... no way I'm heating this place up more than it already is...) I have to tell you how MY CHRISTMAS WAS RUINED...  It's all Amazon and UPS' fault... You see, I'd ordered myself a bottle of perfume... And although the tracking indicated it would be here by last night at 8PM... IT HASN'T ARRIVED... And I simply don't think I can face Christmas without it... I'm utterly devasted... I can't go on without my new bottle of fragrance. They've destroyed my entire holiday... Wawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

Woman Tongue Woman Very Happy Woman Wink

@stevieb  Now, now Stevie....wipe your eyes with some tissue and try to keep a stiff upper lip......you should know NEVER trust those "guaranteed" deliveries .....Next year shop early and often!!!  Head on off to your nearest drug store and pick an alternate fragrance that you can use until Amazon and UPS get their act together....I'm sure Walgreen's has plenty of options....why there must be TONS of stock of Brittany Spears and Kardashian scents to chose from Woman WinkWoman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SunValley wrote:

@Spurt and all the fun readers of the weekend preview, I hope you enjoyed your holiday. Thanks SPURT for your efforts to keep us superbly entertained. We had a white Christmas.

@SunValley  I hope you had a wonderful Christmas....thank you for your kind comments....now I admit I'm jealous of your white Christmas......Woman Sad