Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PREVIEW REGULARS----A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!

@CalminHeart wrote:

Merry Christmas, Spurt!   Happy Holidays, everyone!

Spurt, thank you for the weekly chuckles.  Your recaps are always such fun to read.  

@CalminHeart  Hi CALMIN!  I hope you had a nice Christmas and thank you for your support!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

Merry Christmas @Spurt and to all of the regulars on here. Hope everyone had a wonderful and happy holiday.

Loving those absoultely adorable pet photos.  One of the decorations I had was "sparkly" and I realized that some of the sparkle had transferred to the cats.  They were not pleased to have me wipe them off with a damp paper towle so I can't imagine they would ever allow me to "dress" them up but I apprecaite all of the patient animals that do.  It makes me smile every time, so thanks so much for posting them.

Passing on the Clark's TSV for 12/26.  I don't need boots like this as I have several pairs that don't need replacing so I will pass plus the last couple of times I bought boots/shoes from Clark's on QVC the sizing has been off so I'm no longer willing to chance buyinig from them and having to pay shipping both ways.

@GinaV24  Hi GINA Hope your Holiday was an enjoyable one....

LOL---oh I can just picture your SPARKLY kitties......Cat Very HappyCat LOL

I appreciate your kind words.....

I lso flipped through the channels on 12/26 & caught AM Style---Jane Brown as host who can be very good....or like the girl with curl with she's in her silly and giggly mode can be horrid, or in her best LM impression can be a bit condescending.....Thankfully she was in her good host mode.......But NO who needs boots in 79 and muggy weather!!!  NO SALE here!!!.....Shoes are definitely NOT an option with the charge for the "try on fee" and return shipping charge....I'll go somewhere and try on the shoes for FREE!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

@Spurt and all the fun readers of the weekend preview, I hope you enjoyed your holiday. Thanks SPURT for your efforts to keep us superbly entertained. We had a white Christmas.

@SunValley  I hope you had a wonderful Christmas....thank you for your kind comments....now I admit I'm jealous of your white Christmas......Woman Sad

@Spurt it was the perfect amount of snow and the roads were fine for travelers.. a win win.

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

@Spurt and all the fun readers of the weekend preview, I hope you enjoyed your holiday. Thanks SPURT for your efforts to keep us superbly entertained. We had a white Christmas.

@SunValley  I hope you had a wonderful Christmas....thank you for your kind comments....now I admit I'm jealous of your white Christmas......Woman Sad

@Spurt it was the perfect amount of snow and the roads were fine for travelers.. a win win.

@SunValley  WAAAAAAA!!!!! it was so warm and muggy here yesterday----you could cut the humidity with a knife.....Thankfully the cool front came in and I'm enjoying some nice cook crisp air.....I have all my windows are open.....my kitties don't like it and are cuddled up on a warm and fuzzy throw.....

Respected Contributor

@Spurt what made the holiday so nice for our family is that we were expecting it to be somewhat unhappy due to some fringe family dynamics but we all pulled together and had a wonderful time. Just made up our minds to ignore any nonsense. Had the fireplace crackling, Christmas music in the background, good food, lots of laughs, and a few presents to be festive. The little ones had a great time decorating cookies their uncle made for them (my son loves to cook and bake). It was just one of those years that turn out to be super fun when expectations had not been high. So I think that was the real gift.

And speaking of gifts, my daughter showed me a picture on Facebook of her client's 6 year old daughter standing surrounded by just her Santa gifts. There had to be well over 100 things including play castles, every My Little Pony ever made, other assorted toys, stuffed animals, mounds of clothes, and electronics. It had to be a wide angle shot to get it all in. It was beyond my imagination. Reminded me of Dudley Dursley's party in the first Harry Potter book.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Oh but @Spurt, before I go and make myself even more tired that I am by finishing up some cleaning (baking is definitely OUT... no way I'm heating this place up more than it already is...) I have to tell you how MY CHRISTMAS WAS RUINED...  It's all Amazon and UPS' fault... You see, I'd ordered myself a bottle of perfume... And although the tracking indicated it would be here by last night at 8PM... IT HASN'T ARRIVED... And I simply don't think I can face Christmas without it... I'm utterly devasted... I can't go on without my new bottle of fragrance. They've destroyed my entire holiday... Wawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

Woman Tongue Woman Very Happy Woman Wink

@stevieb  Now, now Stevie....wipe your eyes with some tissue and try to keep a stiff upper lip......you should know NEVER trust those "guaranteed" deliveries .....Next year shop early and often!!!  Head on off to your nearest drug store and pick an alternate fragrance that you can use until Amazon and UPS get their act together....I'm sure Walgreen's has plenty of options....why there must be TONS of stock of Brittany Spears and Kardashian scents to chose from Woman WinkWoman LOL

Hmpfffff...  Well, @Spurt, I expected more compassion from you that THAT.  In essence, what you've done is told me to CHANGE THE CHANNEL...

Woman Very Happy

Besides, as it turned out, my cologne arrived on Christmas Eve, so I won't have to stoop to wearing Kardashian swill... as if I would. Frankly, I'd wear Eau de Hog Slop first...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

belated Merry Christmas @Spurt!  thank you for your wonderful posts.  They have really kept me laughing & I appreciate the time you put into them.

i hope that the new year will be happy, heathy & prosperous for you & all the regular posters to "Q did what".  

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Valued Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@GinaV24 wrote:

oh no, @stevieb sorry that you didn't get your gift in time, that is sad to hear.

Here in the Phila area we had the same weird weather that DC had. Very warm, wet and foggy.  When I walked into my brother's house Christmas morning, I said "is it Easter?" since the temps were do warm it felt like that.

Cooler today but still wet.  I am very glad I am not traveling too far with this weather.

Not to worry @GinaV24, my bemoaning of the non-arrival was a tongue in cheek parody of the posts that usualy start arriving today. And, as luck would have it, it arrived on the 24th... Yes, the weather was (and is) miserable and really did put a significant damper on Christmas, as far as I'm concerned. Living where I live, I'm pretty much reduced to never anticipating a Currier and Ives Christmas card scene for Christmas, but the usual 50's drizzly and humid is bad enough, without it being downright sweltering. You couldn't even wear a sweater on Christmas Eve, for heaven's sake. Occasionlly, it's actually cold here for Christmas and even more rarely we'll see a dusting of snow, usually before the holidays... but not often... This year, though, was a whole new low, and one apparently shared by many... Yes, it's cooler here today too, though I understand yet another significant warm-up is predicted tomorrow, unless that's changed... hopefully... Still dreary, still damp but so far, at least no more rain today.

@stevieb  This was my first Christmas really reading all the posts &I just couldn't believe the posters who had registered Christmas Eve just to carry on & on& on about their no-show order & how 3 c/s reps hung up on them.

& the threats!  "I'm telling everyone I know I'm not happy w/q shipping! I'm going to do it! I'm going to do it". Like someone about to jump from a bridge,   good gravy....

Honored Contributor

@3cupcakes wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@GinaV24 wrote:

oh no, @stevieb sorry that you didn't get your gift in time, that is sad to hear.

Here in the Phila area we had the same weird weather that DC had. Very warm, wet and foggy.  When I walked into my brother's house Christmas morning, I said "is it Easter?" since the temps were do warm it felt like that.

Cooler today but still wet.  I am very glad I am not traveling too far with this weather.

Not to worry @GinaV24, my bemoaning of the non-arrival was a tongue in cheek parody of the posts that usualy start arriving today. And, as luck would have it, it arrived on the 24th... Yes, the weather was (and is) miserable and really did put a significant damper on Christmas, as far as I'm concerned. Living where I live, I'm pretty much reduced to never anticipating a Currier and Ives Christmas card scene for Christmas, but the usual 50's drizzly and humid is bad enough, without it being downright sweltering. You couldn't even wear a sweater on Christmas Eve, for heaven's sake. Occasionlly, it's actually cold here for Christmas and even more rarely we'll see a dusting of snow, usually before the holidays... but not often... This year, though, was a whole new low, and one apparently shared by many... Yes, it's cooler here today too, though I understand yet another significant warm-up is predicted tomorrow, unless that's changed... hopefully... Still dreary, still damp but so far, at least no more rain today.

@stevieb  This was my first Christmas really reading all the posts &I just couldn't believe the posters who had registered Christmas Eve just to carry on & on& on about their no-show order & how 3 c/s reps hung up on them.

& the threats!  "I'm telling everyone I know I'm not happy w/q shipping! I'm going to do it! I'm going to do it". Like someone about to jump from a bridge,   good gravy....

@3cupcakes... Unbelievable isn't it! And I thought it was sort of tame this year, compared to past years. Yep, unbelievable. They wait until the week before Christmas to order and then want to regale us all with a sob story... about a spoiled Christmas...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

@3cupcakes... Unbelievable isn't it! And I thought it was sort of tame this year, compared to past years. Yep, unbelievable. They wait until the week before Christmas to order and then want to regale us all with a sob story... about a spoiled Christmas...

@stevieb  & it was amazing, they went from sobbing to threats faster than a Maserati!  I admit my curiosity got me so I searched the name of what was ordered 3 days before Christmas that didn't arrive in time......a big, honkin, smoker!