Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT?-PREVIEW 8/22-8/23 MEANT FOR YOU & MORE THAN A BLENDER....

@CalminHeart wrote:

Hi Spurt!  Great recap.   I looked at the cat in the handbag and thought that's where I'd be if my tv had only the Q channel these days.  

@CalminHeart  Hi CALMIN---yep that kitty in the handbag has the right idea---Smiley Happy

Have a good Sunday!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katiescarlett wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@katiescarlett wrote:

Hey SPURT,

You are TOO kind!  First, a picture of a yellow Lab because you know how much I love Labs, but the piece de resistance is the picture of Dan and the horses - I will give Dan credit for being an animal lover. But, sorry, a cowboy he ain't.  But nice looking horses.  And let me tell you, that fencing is not cheap, and it looks like he has a huge area fenced.  I would love to have that much pasture with 2X4 wrapped wire horse fencing with the board on top.

My favorite kitty picture is the one resting its chin on the table - cute face!

No, this weekend is not "meant for me," no Susan Graver, no Logo Lock, no IMTAB, and definitely NO Temp-Tations!  I cannot believe that you tell us there is now a Christmas tree.  UGH.  Now, I would enjoy watching Carolyn and her American West jewelry.  At least it would be an American-made non-food, non-cosmetic product.  I just can't afford her items any more.  Ages ago I bought some of her jewelry but it is out of my reach now, although quite beautiful.  And, did I dare hear you say that the mine is closed?  ACK, what is this world coming to??? (heehee).

@katiescarlett  Hey KATIE--- I'm glad you liked the horse....Yep, you won't confuse Dan with the lead character in one of those romantic Cowboy movies on Hallmark...LOL!!!!  But he does love animals and nice house with a lot of acreage---they showed it on one of those Q series---Hosts At Home---and they actually filmed it at the host's house and showed a bit of their place...  He has lambs, donkeys, horses, dogs, and a cat--quite a managerie!!!   Hey KS so when are you adding lambs and donkeys to YOUR furry friend mix Smiley Wink

I liked the kitty waiting at the dinner table too......

Nothing much appealing at the Q for me either these days----PUHLEEAASE a day full of blender demonstrations, a tried old bag, and SG "fashions"---and throw in a dull Dell for good measure---NO THANK YOU!!!! 

I'm an earring girl and Carolyn's earrings are pretty reasonable, but I know some of her other things can get a bit pricey, but at least she's still cheaper than some of the Vicenza junque, then their are the jewelry designers with fake gems and diamonds at really outrageous prices for what amounts to costume jewelry!!! 

I couldn't believe it when I read Temps had manufactured an articial Christmas Tree (rolling my eyes) and ornaments to go with it.....go figure....there is a funny thread about it on the HOME part of the Forum----Can you put the tree in the freezer, microwave, and dishwasher?.....Can you bake on it???  etc etc.....fun stuff! Cat TongueCat LOL

Hey KATIE would you please send Stevie a saddlebag, so she can make a handbag out of it and take a page out of the famous I Love Lucy espisode and give QVC a run for their money with the equestrain look---She doesn't like the Logo Lock and needs an "on trend" option---LOL!

Sure, I can get my saddlebags and send them to stevie!  She could make two bags of them!  I noticed some lace up earth boots when I was changing channels and they look a lot like paddock boots, only not as sturdy, so maybe she can get some of them.  Louis De'ollio (sp?)  had a "hunting" jacket on some time ago, but I don't think it is available any more.  Maybe some status link jewelry that looks like bits or I know what - get the Isaac snaffle bit watch and driving mocs!!! I confess to one of each......my sister gave me the watch, and I got the shoes from the "as is" section.  too cute.  But you know me and my shoes.....

Are you talking about the Lucy episode when they were in England and she went foxhunting?  Her getting on that horse was THE FUNNIEST thing I have ever watched.  I love that show, and she was certainly the queen of physical comedy.

You know, my vet came out to give the horses their semi-annual shots for West Nile, rabies, flu, tetanus, and two types of equine encephalitis, and she said that I need a donkey to keep Bandit happy when I take Jordaen off for my lesson.  Ever since Kiawah died in April, poor Bandit is left by himself for a few hours and he runs up and down the fence line calling for Jordaen.

I am still waiting for Temp-tations bathroom tissue.............

@katiescarlett wrote:

Sure, I can get my saddlebags and send them to stevie!  She could make two bags of them!  I noticed some lace up earth boots when I was changing channels and they look a lot like paddock boots, only not as sturdy, so maybe she can get some of them.  Louis De'ollio (sp?)  had a "hunting" jacket on some time ago, but I don't think it is available any more.  Maybe some status link jewelry that looks like bits or I know what - get the Isaac snaffle bit watch and driving mocs!!! I confess to one of each......my sister gave me the watch, and I got the shoes from the "as is" section.  too cute.  But you know me and my shoes.....

Are you talking about the Lucy episode when they were in England and she went foxhunting?  Her getting on that horse was THE FUNNIEST thing I have ever watched.  I love that show, and she was certainly the queen of physical comedy.

You know, my vet came out to give the horses their semi-annual shots for West Nile, rabies, flu, tetanus, and two types of equine encephalitis, and she said that I need a donkey to keep Bandit happy when I take Jordaen off for my lesson.  Ever since Kiawah died in April, poor Bandit is left by himself for a few hours and he runs up and down the fence line calling for Jordaen.

I am still waiting for Temp-tations bathroom tissue.............

@katiescarlett  Darn it---Stevie doesn't want the saddle bags---Oh I was so counting on her going with an entire line of the total equestrian look --- I was thinking you 2 could team up with a whole new line for QVC ---and appear on TV for their promotion, QVC's "NEXT BIG THING" featured on the TODAY SHOW---Cat Frustrated  (TODAY is collaborating with QVC to find "TODAY's Next Big Thing," a country-wide search for the next greatest product to hit the market.)  And I wonder how much this promotion impacted QVC's operating expenses and thus prices on other products... Woman Frustrated

That episode with Lucy fox hunting was hilarious (in fact I don't think there was a bad episode in the entire bunch---especially compared to the so called sitcoms of today), but I was thinking more the Paris episode when Ricky and Fred had fashions for Lucy & Ethel designed from feed sacks and feed bags etc....

index.jpg

That's funny that your vet recommended a donkey as a companion for your horse---  And I didn't realize how close of a relationship and bond they formed!!! 

Image result for cat riding horse

And Katie don't worry it's just the beginnig for Tara and company--- Smiley Wink

@katiescarlett  @stevieb  GREAT!!!  So I expect to see you gals on the Today Show with your new handbag and clothing line Woman Wink

Oh yes the "elite" Temptations---- in other words crazing and cracking in "high style".  I hope all those ladies in the Hamptons ordered theirs..... Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb I can understand why you and Dooney have parted ways---afterall, what's the point of purchasing the same bag over and over with QVC's limited offerings of the same ole stuff....But come on Stevie....you curtailing your bag habit, would be like me not watching football or my Spurs Smiley Wink  And I bet if your browsing in TJ's you can resist taking a peek at the handbag section---hmmmmm???? Woman Wink Face it you will always be a baganista!!!

As for fall decorating---thankfully my fall collection is not extensive as Christmas, and the fall decor is confined to one small closet and wreaths are out in the storage room...easy access!!!  But I know what you mean---my other decor stuff is all over the place and sometimes I just don't remember exactly where I put it and then decorating becomes digging through tons of storage bins trying to find things---one of these days I'd like to get organzied---LOL!!! 

QVC has indeed grown stale---I watched a bit of Carolyn Pollack's show flipping it back and forth with the football game ---Texans & Manning the older---JJ didnt play so it lost a bit of interest when the scrubs came in.... Of course when Ant and Carolyn started talking with the caller about THE MINE IS CLOSED---that was it for me & QVC!!!! 

QVC has an odd habit of matching a watchable show with a host that is not exactly everyones cup of tea---and it seems that had quite a lineup just for you to STEVIE.Woman LOL--they really pulled together all your favorites-- Smiley Wink  

And I just don't understand why two hosts in particular have been pushed front and center for some odd reason---yep, with QVC's purchase of Zulily and their choice of those 2 hosts in particular, it seems Q has changed their mind and now seems to be going for the 30 something "busy mom" crowd----and I predict doom and gloom with this approach---do they even listen to their callers to see the deomographic that still actually tunes in!!!.........and showing the same stuff over and over won't attract much of anyone regardless of the age group!!!  Instead of QVC, I think they should replace the name of their company with with a big ?  What they are doing doesn't makes sense or cent$ for them.....JMHO.

While it's true that I will always love handbags and will always stop to ponder them, I will continue to try to buy fewer or them and cheaper ones too. QVC's prices are almost never competitive where bags are concerned, so the only ones I buy here these days are clearance or as-is and really, very few of those compared to days gone by...

I've been moving some throw pillows and other accessories around, but otherwise, the 'decorating' thing hasn't much hit me. It's still too early for pumpkins and owls. I'll probably get to it at some point because I love fall best, but the holidays are going to see a vastly streamlined approach this year. Been there, done that, not interested. I did more last year than I intended, and while it was pretty, it simply wasn't worth it, given many factors.

No idea on why they've opted to push some hosts harder than others, nor how they went about selecting those to push, most of whom I really can't watch. I think they continue trying to make a new 'it' girl out of that proverbial sow's ear... It isn't working. I got a preview to view of Amy introducing website changes and not only did she look rather ridiculous, but, as always, I found her too-perky act to be beyond off-putting, so she's one whose rising star I'll never understand.  Shawn, on the other hand, has the capacity to be a good host, if she'd only dial it down, show a bit of poise, deep-six her doom and gloom approach to sales, evolve a bit more polished appearance, and live up to her potential... But true enough, lousy hosts and unappealing host behavior only add insult to injury on top of the incredibly stale, redundant programming. As for their sought after demographic, I have no idea. I'm not sure they do either. One thing for sure, whatever it is, I'm apparently not part of it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Lucy foxhunting was hilarious... but the dress episode is one of my favorites...  Then again, I have quite a few 'favorites'. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb  I think your right STEVIE, I think QVC is searching for the host with that somethig special---the IT factor--- But they won't find it in the group they have.....while some do a good job, there's no "wow" factor, some seem bored, others seem to be in their own reality show.....

Shawn definitely needs polishing, and I think she seems more interested in shoes than she is into fashion (clothing) and looking stylish.  Sometimes she rambles on and needs to stay focused......  As for "perky"...Oh so you got the survey too Smiley Happy ---  I got to see that  video too.. Smiley Wink  I think she fits into that young mom category that Q is interested in hence her rise in the ranks.....But I can't fathom why the rise of the "tech savvy" one nor the one on SMQ--must be the busy mom thing again....she even has her own AT HOME show, but instead of home decor it's stuff for the home (same ole stuff BTW) with a fancy show title....stay tuned for AS THE Q TURNS .... or better still don't tune in......Woman Wink

Oh Stevie, I bet you will get motivated for fall decorating once the first wave of cool fresh air invades the Qwappitol area..... then I bet you will get a burst of energy to get your home spruced up for fall..... As for Christmas, I do see you taking an easy does it approach. I don't know how you did it last year having to get your things out of storage, putting it in your car, and then hauling it all to your home that is INDEED a lot of extra work before you even get started!!!

As for my Christmas decorating, I regret getting that 7.5 tree thinking about all the work involved and should've gone with a smaller tree, would've been so much easier...Not looking forward to all the work, but I do enjoy the results....Oh well live and learn....But I AM looking forward to cool weather!!!--ENOUGH OF THIS HEAT!

Have a good week! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Lucy foxhunting was hilarious... but the dress episode is one of my favorites...  Then again, I have quite a few 'favorites'. 

@stevieb @katiescarlett  LOL---TOO FUNNY!!!! 

Valued Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

YES! YES!  THAT is the episode!  I about died laughing! But I will say when she got tossed over and landed on her feet - that was amazingly athletic!  That horse had the patience of Job. 

Stevie, are you sure you don't want the saddlebags?  You could cut it in half and create two different looks from each bag.  No logo lock, though.

Did I see correctly, the few minutes I watched of ITKWD, that Tara has silver TT?  I think she calls it "elite."  Sorry, Tara, nothing about Temp-tations is "elite."  

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katiescarlett wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

YES! YES!  THAT is the episode!  I about died laughing! But I will say when she got tossed over and landed on her feet - that was amazingly athletic!  That horse had the patience of Job. 

Stevie, are you sure you don't want the saddlebags?  You could cut it in half and create two different looks from each bag.  No logo lock, though.

Did I see correctly, the few minutes I watched of ITKWD, that Tara has silver TT?  I think she calls it "elite."  Sorry, Tara, nothing about Temp-tations is "elite."  

Oh what the heck Katie. I do so want to be on-trend and with the whole equestrian thing, well, why not... I feel certain I can craft something fabulous...

And yea, "elite", right... whatever.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb @Spurt I agree with you, my QVC viewing and shopping have both slowed measurably because of QVC's lack of variety in programming and products.

I don't have a big need to watch the same thing over and over, let alone buy it.  During the truly dog days when it was hotter than hades, I continued the cleaning out effort that I was doing in the winter.  Took a lot of items to goodwill just to get them OUT of the house.

Spurt,I saw your post about buying shoes.  I am pretty sad about it because I used to be able to buy shoes from Clarks, Ryka and others and have good success with fit and style.  I don't know what has happened in the past 2 - 3 yrs with the sizing but I figured I wasn't going to keep repeating the same action expecting a dfifrent result, especially NOT when they started supercharging the shipping costs.  I can order Clark's online and it is free shipping & free retursn.  Even better there is a Clark's store not that far from me and I'll go try them on.

Skipped all the Vitamix shows, had nicer things to do on a nice day.  Have the preseason football game on now.I did watch a bit of CP's shows but nothing much new there either so I passed.

Esteemed Contributor

I dont know if the cat wants to go to the gym so much as she does't want me to go! LOL