Respected Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PREVIEW 12-19/20----LAST MINUTE GIFTS!

@Spurt Had a fun singalong party last night, something all of us have been getting together & doing for 30 plus years.  We are pretty BAD singers but we have fun and we are all together and that is what the season is really all about for me.  I did get some cookies baked in between watching football and wrapping gifts

I agree that the weather is very strange for December but it has done this before according to the stats that the weather dweebs talk about on the forecasts.  I remember being in church on Christmas eve some years ago and having a bang up thunderstorm going on.  That was quite a night.  I still like snow and I like seasonal weather but I don't want feet and feet of snow.  Last year we got so much and I was desperately tired of shoveling it.  The only saving grace was that I wasn't living in Boston since they got buried under last winter's snows.

Like most things, moderation is the best!

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@3cupcakes wrote:

@Spurt. Gee, i  didn't think you could outdo those wonderful kitty/dogs w/antlers photos, but this post w/those furry smiles are just the best! 

I was was a little grumpy until I read your post & now the grumpies are gone thanks to laughing thru your entire post.

you put a lot of work into theses funny posts & it is appreciated!

i'm done shopping, thankfully, & can just sit w/some eggnog now & be grateful to enjoy the season.....& a few more weeks of football.  🙂

wishing you a very Merry Christmas & happy new year.......w/more funny postings !!🌲

@3cupcakes  Hi 3CUPCAKES!!!  I appreciate your kind comments .....thank you so much! Cat Very Happy

Since your shopping is done, you definitely deserve to sit back and relax with your favorite beverage and enjoy the season it!!!

I can't believe the regular football season is nearing it's end it went way too quickly....Woman Sad  I think the NFL should play 82 games like the NBA Woman Very HappyWoman Wink

Have a VERY Merry Christmas !!!!  Take Care Now!

What, you mean they don't...? Oh, I get it. It just seems like it...

Woman Very Happy Woman Surprised Woman Wink

@stevieb.........  Woman LOL  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Spurt Had a fun singalong party last night, something all of us have been getting together & doing for 30 plus years.  We are pretty BAD singers but we have fun and we are all together and that is what the season is really all about for me.  I did get some cookies baked in between watching football and wrapping gifts

I agree that the weather is very strange for December but it has done this before according to the stats that the weather dweebs talk about on the forecasts.  I remember being in church on Christmas eve some years ago and having a bang up thunderstorm going on.  That was quite a night.  I still like snow and I like seasonal weather but I don't want feet and feet of snow.  Last year we got so much and I was desperately tired of shoveling it.  The only saving grace was that I wasn't living in Boston since they got buried under last winter's snows.

Like most things, moderation is the best!

@GinaV24 Well it sounds like you had loads of fun at your party and singalong....it's always nice to hear about a fun tradition .......WOW 30 years!!! 

Some GOOD football games on today......and it seems like with your cookies baked and gifts wrapped your ready to relax and enjoy....or perhaps collapse in exhaustion...'tis the season....

Yep, there have been funny weather changes and ups and downs.....there is a photo of me and my siblings and cousins with our Christmas "loot" We were outside and I was wearing a sleeveless dress and the boys had short sleeved shirts.....so it was warm that year too....these weather things just go in cycles......I remember one short wearing Thanksgiving BUT it cooled down rather quickly......but it looks like we will have to wait a while for some cool weather here......but it looks like we are going to get some rain instead of snow...

Interesting about thunderstorms....never thought of thunderstorms and Christmas---that was indeed a UNIQUE weather phenonmenon......

Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

I hear you all about the weather!  Personally, I hate winter, so I'm really not complaining that it has been in the 50's most of the month here.  I agree though that is doesn't do much to inspire Christmas spirit.  I did go out to some local shops on Friday, just to wrap up a few odds and ends. It was in the upper 20's, bitterly windy, and there were even a few snowflakes flying around.  I have to admit that for the first time all season, it actually felt appropriate to be Chrismas shopping.  Of course it's supposed to be in the 60's again on Wednesday! Smiley LOL

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@SHIRAZ wrote:

Well apparently the Logo Lock police are out to get me.  I have posted TWICE in this thread tonight  (Success!  Go to your post.)  and BOTH times my witty reply has disappeared without a trace!  The gist is a couple of hours ago I scrolled through a "Weekend Preview" that the Q presented me, and the Logo Lock was on the list!

@SHIRAZ  Here is a trick that I got from Chynna Blue if you click your avatar picture and on the right hand side of the screen what you typed might be in AUTO SAVED....check it out....this saves LOTS of frustration!!! 

But I wouldn't be surprised if the LOGO LOCK POLICE were on patrol and didn't want anything bad said about the "beloved" handbag....why it's become a QVC INSTITUION! Woman Wink

@Spurt  I hate retyping, so I actually had checked for an autosaved draft first thing, and there was nothing there.  Funny thing, I know I didn't say anything any worse than what we what we say about the L.L. every week.  But something must have struck a nerve.  Must have just been my lucky day!

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHIRAZ wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@SHIRAZ wrote:

Well apparently the Logo Lock police are out to get me.  I have posted TWICE in this thread tonight  (Success!  Go to your post.)  and BOTH times my witty reply has disappeared without a trace!  The gist is a couple of hours ago I scrolled through a "Weekend Preview" that the Q presented me, and the Logo Lock was on the list!

@SHIRAZ  Here is a trick that I got from Chynna Blue if you click your avatar picture and on the right hand side of the screen what you typed might be in AUTO SAVED....check it out....this saves LOTS of frustration!!! 

But I wouldn't be surprised if the LOGO LOCK POLICE were on patrol and didn't want anything bad said about the "beloved" handbag....why it's become a QVC INSTITUION! Woman Wink

@Spurt  I hate retyping, so I actually had checked for an autosaved draft first thing, and there was nothing there.  Funny thing, I know I didn't say anything any worse than what we what we say about the L.L. every week.  But something must have struck a nerve.  Must have just been my lucky day!

@SHIRAZ  If it's not in autosaved sometimes it's just a website glitch rather than the Moderators......  I had that happen a couple times and they were positives posts one about Carolyn and another positive under Holiday movies.....Re-typing is a pain!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHIRAZ wrote:

I hear you all about the weather!  Personally, I hate winter, so I'm really not complaining that it has been in the 50's most of the month here.  I agree though that is doesn't do much to inspire Christmas spirit.  I did go out to some local shops on Friday, just to wrap up a few odds and ends. It was in the upper 20's, bitterly windy, and there were even a few snowflakes flying around.  I have to admit that for the first time all season, it actually felt appropriate to be Chrismas shopping.  Of course it's supposed to be in the 60's again on Wednesday! Smiley LOL

@SHIRAZ  Shoot I'll take your 50's........warm and foggy here this morning and supposed to be 77!!!   I'm jealous a few snowflakes falling that IS very Christmassy......

Oh and ladies @SHIRAZ @stevieb @GinaV24 check this out.....on one of our news websites they have a calendar with the 7 day forecast and they showed Christmas on Saturday instead of Friday.....I think that SAYS IT ALL!!!!...Smiley..(.this is a sample of their inaccuracy and shows why we get so many INACCURATE forecasts!)..I was going to do a screen shot, but I see someone went in there and FINALLY got it corrected...WTG weather morons!

Honored Contributor

Well @Spurt, what can one say... Local news now has all the graphics, the overlays, the media, the maps over maps for the weather morons and on and on and on.... Everything except the actual news and consistently acccurate forecasts... Hey, I'd be happy were they wrong about this one... It was nice and crisp yesterday, not wintery, but cool. How I wish it would just stay that way. Whether one likes winter or not, living where I live, one shouldn't need A/C at Christmas, were it even an option. Mine's been turned off for the season.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

thanks, @Spurt, hope you have a great Christmas, too.

the thing about it being 30 years is that many of the babies are now grown up and we've added some new songs to the traditional ones. The latest being the Christmas song by the dropkick murphies. Very funny since we sang it accompanied by a ukulele and we had to edit it for bad language.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

Well @Spurt, what can one say... Local news now has all the graphics, the overlays, the media, the maps over maps for the weather morons and on and on and on.... Everything except the actual news and consistently acccurate forecasts... Hey, I'd be happy were they wrong about this one... It was nice and crisp yesterday, not wintery, but cool. How I wish it would just stay that way. ..... one shouldn't need A/C at Christmas (and may I add, even here in Texas)...

@stevieb  My sentiments exactly....I heard a whirring sound and thought waht is that....it was my A/C clicking on as we hit 79 yesterday (and 80 inside my home in DECEMBER)!!!!  Woman Tongue  I have a SLEEVELESS top and jeans on ---so festive.....Woman Frustrated

Have to run to the grocery store today....which should be a joy....(about as much joy as QVC).....to get stuff for the side I'm contributing to the Christmas dinner....
Have a good day!