Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PREVIEW 12-19/20----LAST MINUTE GIFTS!

@GinaV24 wrote:

@stevieb @Spurt while I agree that it is too warm for December I am not willing to borrow trouble and have a harsh winter like last year.  Personally I hate shoveling snow.  It if would only snow on the ski resorts, that would be fine with me.  Having to deal with it on the driveway, roads & house, well PLEASE don't jinx us and call down snow on us!

Sorry @GinaV24. I want snow... Just call me Jinx in the Qwapitol... Of course, by the time it materializes, who knows if I'll want it. I'd settle for a Christmas that doesn't require summer clothes, but no, I guess that was too much to expect.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb  I feel sorry for the poor flowering plants and trees.....with this warm weather means spring so they spout and blossom and then some artic blast will suddenly appear and kill their efforts......

I don't mention the word HOT DOGS......one of my DS's favorite foods.....(wierd taste in NFL QBs and wierd taste in food)..not that I don't mind a good one every now and then, but if she had her way every lunch and dinner outing would be at some place that serves HOT DOGS.....But yes, I think it would be VERY festive for you to grill some hot dogs with all the different kinds of various toppings to create various styles and tastes for your Christmas dinner....BTW will you be using a grill purchased from QVC to cook them Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

I'm sorry @Spurt, I don't mean to be insensitive to the freakin' flowers and trees, but it's me sweating while trying to enjoy Christmas Eve that I'm giving top billing here...

Woman Tongue

And if an arctic blast could come along and supplant the anticiapted forecast, well, good-bye flowers and trees, because I'd take it !!

Woman Wink

Luckily, we'll be going out for Christmas Eve dinner (Italian) but I'll be cooking Christmas Day. I'm planning a simple menu but one I hope will be tasty, and just hope I don't suffer heat prostration... Seriously, though extremely undersirable, the warmer daytime temps would probably be tolerable if it was cooling off at night, but for a few nights there, I don't even think they're giving us that... Should be fun...

I have it on good authority that you don't have to ask DS to nix the dinner she was preparing.  Get your palate all set for a good old hot dog, Spurt, it's her new menu...

Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb  I feel sorry for the poor flowering plants and trees.....with this warm weather means spring so they spout and blossom and then some artic blast will suddenly appear and kill their efforts......

I don't mention the word HOT DOGS......one of my DS's favorite foods.....(wierd taste in NFL QBs and wierd taste in food)..not that I don't mind a good one every now and then, but if she had her way every lunch and dinner outing would be at some place that serves HOT DOGS.....But yes, I think it would be VERY festive for you to grill some hot dogs with all the different kinds of various toppings to create various styles and tastes for your Christmas dinner....BTW will you be using a grill purchased from QVC to cook them Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

I'm sorry @Spurt, I don't mean to be insensitive to the freakin' flowers and trees, but it's me sweating while trying to enjoy Christmas Eve that I'm giving top billing here...

Woman Tongue

And if an arctic blast could come along and supplant the anticiapted forecast, well, good-bye flowers and trees, because I'd take it !!

Woman Wink

Luckily, we'll be going out for Christmas Eve dinner (Italian) but I'll be cooking Christmas Day. I'm planning a simple menu but one I hope will be tasty, and just hope I don't suffer heat prostration... Seriously, though extremely undersirable, the warmer daytime temps would probably be tolerable if it was cooling off at night, but for a few nights there, I don't even think they're giving us that... Should be fun...

I have it on good authority that you don't have to ask DS to nix the dinner she was preparing.  Get your palate all set for a good old hot dog, Spurt, it's her new menu...

Woman Happy

@stevieb  Hey STEVIE!!!  It seems we have similar plans...we are going out for a nice steak dinner Christmas Eve at a little out of town place, and then headed to see some Christmas lights in the Hill Country.....and as I stated earlier on Christmas Day DS is cooking Italian ....what's funny is DS said even though our ethnicity is 1/2 Italian, that Italian food reallly isn't her favorite and perhaps next year she is going to have something different....STEVIE, I kept my mouth shut and didn't say a word.....but somehow I suspect it.......HOT DOGS will be the menu next year!!! Woman Frustrated 

And yes I think I made myself hungry for a hot dog....LOL!!!  Woman LOL

Some friends and I had ventured out to look at some Christmas lights especially the ones at one of the small colleges here---everytree is beautifully adorned in multi-colored twinkling lights---really spectacular....we thought the traffic would be somewhat cleared out by 7 PM....But do you know what's MORE "fun" than unseasonable warm temperatures at Christmas??????......it's an 18 wheeler dangling from an Expressway this happened at 830 am on Saturday (miraculously the driver was not hurt)...it closed down a huge portion of the freeway late into the evening upper and lower levels east and westbound lanes......OH THE TRAFFIC!!!  And on the Saturday before Christmas---OMG!!!!  They didn't get the trailer and debris removed until after 10 PM Saturday night. (what the heck took them sooooooo long)!!!!

Image result for 18 wheeler hangs over expressway in san antonio, tx

We decided to get off the nearest exit and take some back roads to reach our destination and avoid the congestion--but it seems EVERYONE had the same plan--WHEW!!!! 

But oh those temperatures..I know exactly what you mean.....although it had been slowly warming to the mid 60's during the day, at least with no clouds it HAD BEEN cooling down to the upper 30's at night.....But the warm weather is on it's way (just ahead of Santa---I hope the reindeer don't get sick) last night there was a definite change....we did not need a sweater or even long sleeves it seemed that warm with the added HUMIDITY!!!!  At least the beautiful lights took the sting out of the DISMAL weather picture as we walked around the goregeous college campus.......Yep, its cloudy and more humid this morning too....YUUUCKK!!! HAPPY SPRING!! I feel as though I need to put on some Easter Carols....Woman Frustrated

@GinaV24  You don't have to shovel any snow-----just send it mine and Stevie's way we will take good care of it.... Woman Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GinaV24 wrote:

All the pretty kitties and cute puppies!  Love them all. Skipping QVC and its programming (no I don't need a camera and surely don't need to watch whatever Sunday brings either) in favor of wrapping the gifts I have already and doing some cleaning.  Sunday will be more baking for family.  My brother doesnt' bake but he likes home made cookies so I make them every year as part of his present.

Love the preview as always Spurt.

@GinaV24  Hi GINA!!!  Glad you liked the feline & canine photos.....

I'm puzzled about the choice of a camera too....I thought most everyone uses their smart phones to take pics these days....the only folks that use expensive cameras are serious photography buffs.....and is there that big of an audience for QVC to have it as a TSV?.....Oh the QVC hosts will probably talk their Facebook BFF's into purchasing one for the grandchildren and children.....but I can hear the responses on Christmas as they gather to open gifts....."grandma (or mom or aunt)  thanks, but I use my phone to take pix".....and then good ole grandma (or mom or aunt) can send it back with QVC's  specatacular "you have until Jan 31st 2016 to return policy"....OH WHAT FUN!!!

A baking day with family sounds fun......and then there's the sampling to make sure they taste good....just gotta sample Woman Wink

I don't want to jinx your area into a harsh winter....I remember what it was like, our family lived up north for quite a while before we moved to Texas...I remember those days---my dad shoveling the driveway to get the car out and shoveling the sidewalks, the terrible driving conditions, the snow chains on the tires....the bundling up---the wet mittens, hats, coats from the snow.....and the once beautiful snow turning dirty and mushy....... But if @stevieb will take our chances for a seasonal Christmas...and we can just exchange weather for a bit...we'll take some cold weather and we will take your snow ---(it doesn't last long in our parts of the U.S).---and we will send the warm stuff and humidity your way....Is it a deal???? Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Woman Tongue

Woman Wink

Woman Happy

@stevieb  Hey STEVIE!!!  It seems we have similar plans...we are going out for a nice steak dinner Christmas Eve at a little out of town place, and then headed to see some Christmas lights in the Hill Country.....and as I stated earlier on Christmas Day DS is cooking Italian ....what's funny is DS said even though our ethnicity is 1/2 Italian, that Italian food reallly isn't her favorite and perhaps next year she is going to have something different....STEVIE, I kept my mouth shut and didn't say a word.....but somehow I suspect it.......HOT DOGS will be the menu next year!!! Woman Frustrated 

And yes I think I made myself hungry for a hot dog....LOL!!!  Woman LOL

Some friends and I had ventured out to look at some Christmas lights especially the ones at one of the small colleges here---everytree is beautifully adorned in multi-colored twinkling lights---really spectacular....we thought the traffic would be somewhat cleared out by 7 PM....But do you know what's MORE "fun" than unseasonable warm temperatures at Christmas??????......it's an 18 wheeler dangling from an Expressway this happened at 6:30 am on Saturday (miraculously the driver was not hurt)...it closed down a huge portion of the freeway late into the evening upper and lower levels east and westbound lanes......OH THE TRAFFIC!!!  And on the Saturday before Christmas---OMG!!!!  They didn't get the trailer and debris removed until after 10 PM Saturday night. 

Image result for 18 wheeler hangs over expressway in san antonio, tx

We decided to get off the nearest exit and take some back roads to reach our destination and avoid the congestion----WHEW!!!! 

But oh those temperatures..I know exactly what you mean.....although it had been slowly warming to the mid 60's during the day, at least with no clouds it HAD BEEN cooling down to the upper 30's at night.....But the warm weather is on it's way (just ahead of Santa---I hope the reindeer don't get sick) last night there was a definite change....we did not need a sweater or even long sleeves it seemed that warm with the added HUMIDITY!!!!  At least the beautiful lights took the sting out of the DISMAL weather picture as we walked around the goregeous college campus.......Yep, its cloudy and more humid this morning too....YUUUCKK!!! HAPPY SPRING!! I feel as though I need to put on some Easter Carols....Woman Frustrated

@GinaV24  You don't have to shovel any snow-----just send it mine and Stevie's way we will take good care of it.... Woman Wink

@Spurt It never ceases to amaze me how long it takes them to clean up roadway mishaps... They'll have roads closed down for hours and hours. You'd think it would be some kind of priority to get traffic moving again and you'd also think that by this time, they'd have better perfected strategies to clean it up and move it out than they clearly have... All things considered, it appear traffic management has progressed about as much as has weather prognostication. They have all the equipment in the world, but they don't use it effectively.

I have to say this holiday season hasn't seen me out and about very much or doing much of anything Christmassy. It just seems to have come upon us very quickly and will soon be over... and to be sure the comings and goings of the very non-seasonal weather did nothing to enhance the experience, and, as we've both noted, we're not done yet, as we don our shorts and tees rather than our gay apparel... Even one of the local weekend anchors was busting chops on the weather report, scrunching up her face and saying so it'll be shorts for Christmas... I also think the late Thanksgiving had something to do with the seemingly diminished holiday season this year, but mostly, it's been the weather. Sorry to say, it appears this year's supposedly festive season will go down as a non-event...  I'll be heading out to a small gathering tonight, and might drive through some of the local neighborhoods to see the lights. By now, I'd done this a number of times last year, but blah... just not much into it this year. On the Saturday before Christmas, I have to admit I worked around the house, took a long hot shower to ease my aching muscles and went to be early... Fa-la-la-la... Friday wasn't much different. Fortunately, at least the last few days have been cool if not wintery and the nights have cooled down, but I think our Christmas warm-up arrives tormorrow, so I guess that's that.

Italian is one of my favorites, so I think DS will have truly missed the mark if she segues from a delicious Italian dinner to, well, hotdogs, but then what can one expect of a Giants fan... or, more specifically, an Eli fan... And it's come to pass that I think I actually dislike Manning the Younger, more than I do Manning the Elder... 

Better start putting your Christmas Day outfit together, Spurt... I'd suggest digging your favorite shorts out of storage, but if you're like me, they've not yet been stored... Why would they be...

Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Agree about the camera @GinaV24 @Spurt and once would've been more than enough, but if memory serves, this is at least the second camera TSV the Once Mighty has offered during this their most dismal, holiday seasonal shopping array yet... Unfortunately, going forward, there's absolutely no chance of things getting any better once their utterly rancid holiday programming is in the books...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt It never ceases to amaze me how long it takes them to clean up roadway mishaps... They'll have roads closed down for hours and hours. You'd think it would be some kind of priority to get traffic moving again and you'd also think that by this time, they'd have better perfected strategies to clean it up and move it out than they clearly have... All things considered, it appear traffic management has progressed about as much as has weather prognostication. They have all the equipment in the world, but they don't use it effectively.

I have to say this holiday season hasn't seem me out and about very much or doing much of anything Christmassy. It just seems to have come upon us very quickly and will soon be over... and to be sure the comings and goings of the very non-seasonal weather did nothing to enhance the experience, and, as we've both noted, we're not done yet, as we don our shorts and tees rather than our gay apparel... Even one of the local weekend anchors was busting chops on the weather report, scrunching up her face and saying so it'll be shorts for Christmas... I also think the late Thanksgiving had something to do with the seemingly diminished holiday season this year, but mostly, it's been the weather. Sorry to say, it appears this year's supposedly festive season will go down as a non-event...  I'll be heading out to a small gathering tonight, and might drive through some of the local neighborhoods to see the lights. By now, I'd done this a number of times last year, but blah... just not much into it this year. On the Saturday before Christmas, I have to admit I worked around the house, took a long hot shower to ease my aching muscles and went to be early... Fa-la-la-la... Friday wasn't much different. Fortunately, at least the last few days have been cool if not wintery and the nights have cooled down, but I think our Christmas warm-up arrives tormorrow, so I guess that's that.

Italian is one of my favorites, so I think DS will have truly missed the mark if she segues from a delicious Italian dinner to, well, hotdogs, but then what can one expect of a Giants fan... or, more specifically, an Eli fan... And it's come to pass that I think I actually dislike Manning the Younger, more than I do Manning the Elder... 

Better start putting your Christmas Day outfit together, Spurt... I'd suggest digging your favorite shorts out of storage, but if you're like me, they've not yet been stored... Why would they be...

Smiley Wink

@stevieb  Yep the MILLIONS of tax payer dollars they spent on this new fancy TXDOT system which provides all kinds of technology to immediately alert them to traffic accidents--- for what??????.....for someone to sit there twidling their thumbs "thinking" for hours on end what they need to do next.. CLEAN IT UP---DUH!!! SHEESH!!!   Woman Tongue

And as for the weather---I guess I was TOO optimistic ....I even took my favorite Christmas sweater out of storage after Thanksgiving and freshened it up ....... even ironed it---SIGH!!!  I know some people make fun of Quacker Factory but at least they are one of the few manufacturers that offer short sleeved Christmas tee shirts (which I did purchase)......so now it's just a matter of which shorts to wear.....and will I wear sneakers or sandals with my outfit Christmas Day.... decisions.....decisions......

But yes, even though i even started early.....this year Christmas just flew by TOO QUICKLY---and yes I think the late warm weather and late Thanksgiving contributed to the cause.....I'm not much of a New Year's person they have a big party and fireworks downtown.....but instead our "big eve" consists of a few of us getting together to play cards and we order a pizza....we are a "wild" bunch... Woman LOL  (some good college football games on).....

Honored Contributor

@Spurt... Oh New Year's a true non-event... For way too many years, I did the party circuit and the bar hopping thing and almost always sensed there was little more to it than the chance to dress up, forced enthusiasm and manufactured gaiety... Just not a big deal and, in fact, a bit melancholy, if you ask me. Whatever I do, it won't include anything hectic, involving crowds or drinking myself into a stupor because it's time to break out a new calendar.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt... Oh New Year's a true non-event... For way too many years, I did the party circuit and the bar hopping thing and almost always sensed there was little more to it than the chance to dress up, forced enthusiasm and manufactured gaiety... Just not a big deal and, in fact, a bit melancholy, if you ask me. Whatever I do, it won't include anything hectic, involving crowds or drinking myself into a stupor because it's time to break out a new calendar.

@stevieb  Yep .....I remember the days we'd all go to a restaurant that also had different bands play and I danced in the New Year (never was much of a drinker)  .....  or we'd go to the downtown party...... But concur watching a bunch of people get drunk or dodging them on the roadways afterword not really all that fun......It IS melancholy for me too---remembering the people that have passed, or unhappy events and serious issues friends have had to deal with or are still dealing with ........and thinking about this past year nationaly and internationally does not bring fond memories......And I'm totally NOT into New Year Resolutions that are tossed aside midway into January!!!!  Woman Tongue   New Years Day will probably watch some college Bowl Games---BTW what the heck is the BATTLEFROG FIESTA BOWL????....BATTLEFROG????  But Ohio State vs ND should be interesting..... A friend was talking about possibly rustling up a couple of tickets for our Alamo Bowl but that's not until Saturday......(they know someone selling several tickets).....but not sure that will come to pass.....

Well enjoy your Sunday and the "festive" week ahead.....maybe I should email the Mayor and tell her let's celebrate FIESTA instead (which usually comes in April).....

Take Care!

Respected Contributor

It's OK @stevieb each to their own. I agree that this is too silly for December and I've been trying to figure out how to dress for Christmas myself if it is "summer" in December.  I think snow is lovely but over the past few years I've gotten very tired of having to shovel the driveway so I can get in and out.  If I didn't have to do that, I'd be all good with it.