Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PREVIEW 12-19/20----LAST MINUTE GIFTS!

@GinaV24 wrote:
thanks, @Spurt, hope you have a great Christmas, too.

the thing about it being 30 years is that many of the babies are now grown up and we've added some new songs to the traditional ones. The latest being the Christmas song by the dropkick murphies. Very funny since we sang it accompanied by a ukulele and we had to edit it for bad language.

@GinaV24  as time goes by these traditions with family and friends become more cherished and more fun than any Christmas gifts......

Sounds like some good laughs and good times with the songs.....Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Well @Spurt, what can one say... Local news now has all the graphics, the overlays, the media, the maps over maps for the weather morons and on and on and on.... Everything except the actual news and consistently acccurate forecasts... Hey, I'd be happy were they wrong about this one... It was nice and crisp yesterday, not wintery, but cool. How I wish it would just stay that way. ..... one shouldn't need A/C at Christmas (and may I add, even here in Texas)...

@stevieb  My sentiments exactly....I heard a whirring sound and thought waht is that....it was my A/C clicking on as we hit 79 yesterday (and 80 inside my home in DECEMBER)!!!!  Woman Tongue  I have a SLEEVELESS top and jeans on ---so festive.....Woman Frustrated

Have to run to the grocery store today....which should be a joy....(about as much joy as QVC).....to get stuff for the side I'm contributing to the Christmas dinner....
Have a good day!

Well @Spurt, just be glad you have the option of hearing the whirring... Mine is literally disabled for the season, so there's no air conditioning option...  That said, let me tell you what a lovely and festive Christmas week it's been and is yet to be... Thus far, every day has been dreary, muggy and threatening rain. Today, joy on high, the rain finally ensued. It'll be in the 60's, so the muggy loveliness continues. Tomorrow, I believe it is expected to clear, but with temperatures in the mid to upper 70's, I'm sort of beginning to doubt that White Christmas will materialize. From there, the roller coaster continues between the 50's, 60's and 70's, so the sheer seasonal bliss just goes on and on and on... I understand the winter solstice theoretically took place yesterday. Really...?  Did it...?

I've been to two grocery stores in two days and so my Christmas dinner shopping is complete. I'd regale you with my sad tale of woe about trying to find something as simple as some Pepperidge Farm dinner rolls, but what would be the point... Suffice it to say, the grocery store shopping experience appears to have taken a page from the Q's book. It ain't what it used to be if you aren't into 'house brands'... The good news was that neither store was yet a zoo... As of today, though, I'd guess all bets are off...

You know, I'd put the bulk of my summer things away. I mean, it's December, go figure... so I guess I'll do a small load of wash. I think those capris I've been wearing the past few days might have to be my Christmas outfit, so they're probably due for a little soap, rinse and spin...

Enjoy !! And a very Merry Christmas to you, and to all the regulars...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SHIRAZ wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@Spurt  something is wrong

no D&B Logo lock is on the schedule

@jackthebear: Oh, my word! Could it be that the logo lock bags SOLD OUT??

l just checked, and YES, THEY DID!! (Except for the suede ones). I knew that had to be the only reason they're not on the schedule, LOL.

As you both must know @Spurt @handygal2, I am, of course, completley devastated to have to get by without yet another presentation of the Logo Lock bag... I don't know if I can go on... 

I don't know.  I made a purchase a short while ago (NOT a gift) and a page came up for a weekend preview.  So I took a quick scroll through and the Logo Lock was on there!  Must be in a "Gift" show since D&B does not have a dedicated 2-hour show scheduled.  I won't know if they show it or not since I won't be watching.  If anybody sees it, please update us on here because the suspense will be killing me! 

(Oh, and if it's showing sold out, that would just be in the OLD colors.  I'm sure they are bringing all new ones.) Smiley LOL

@SHIRAZ  and ALL LOGO LOCK FANS---FEAR NOT!!!! I'm sure it will be back to greet the new year and in the PANTONE COLOR OF THE YEAR for 2016!!!!....Stay tuned my friends....Smiley Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Well @Spurt, what can one say... Local news now has all the graphics, the overlays, the media, the maps over maps for the weather morons and on and on and on.... Everything except the actual news and consistently acccurate forecasts... Hey, I'd be happy were they wrong about this one... It was nice and crisp yesterday, not wintery, but cool. How I wish it would just stay that way. ..... one shouldn't need A/C at Christmas (and may I add, even here in Texas)...

@stevieb  My sentiments exactly....I heard a whirring sound and thought waht is that....it was my A/C clicking on as we hit 79 yesterday (and 80 inside my home in DECEMBER)!!!!  Woman Tongue  I have a SLEEVELESS top and jeans on ---so festive.....Woman Frustrated

Have to run to the grocery store today....which should be a joy....(about as much joy as QVC).....to get stuff for the side I'm contributing to the Christmas dinner....
Have a good day!

Well @Spurt, just be glad you have the option of hearing the whirring... Mine is literally disabled for the season, so there's no air conditioning option...  That said, let me tell you what a lovely and festive Christmas week it's been and is yet to be... Thus far, every day has been dreary, muggy and threatening rain. Today, joy on high, the rain finally ensued. It'll be in the 60's, so the muggy loveliness continues. Tomorrow, I believe it is expected to clear, but with temperatures in the mid to upper 70's, I'm sort of beginning to doubt that White Christmas will materialize. From there, the roller coaster continues between the 50's, 60's and 70's, so the sheer seasonal bliss just goes on and on and on... I understand the winter solstice theoretically took place yesterday. Really...?  Did it...?

I've been to two grocery stores in two days and so my Christmas dinner shopping is complete. I'd regale you with my sad tale of woe about trying to find something as simple as some Pepperidge Farm dinner rolls, but what would be the point... Suffice it to say, the grocery store shopping experience appears to have taken a page from the Q's book. It ain't what it used to be if you aren't into 'house brands'... The good news was that neither store was yet a zoo... As of today, though, I'd guess all bets are off...

You know, I'd put the bulk of my summer things away. I mean, it's December, go figure... so I guess I'll do a small load of wash. I think those capris I've been wearing the past few days might have to be my Christmas outfit, so they're probably due for a little soap, rinse and spin...

Enjoy !! And a very Merry Christmas to you, and to all the regulars...

@stevieb  Shouldn't the weather be made to obey the calendar .....first day of WINTER...HA!!!!  Oh Stevie....what "lovely" weather your having.....I just don't know how you survive without your A/C it's a true necessity for me!!! 

Oh I see your area got the fog that we were SUPPOSED to get......!!!!  Blue skies and humidty here and record temperatures---83 yesterday.....but a mild front came in....nice and cool this norning but it won't last.....highs in the upper 70's and then a difference of opinion whether or not we get rain on Christmas Day....and discrepancies when a legit cold front is SUPPOSED to arrive!!!!  .......I'll be glad when the crisp and cool returns and the mugginess leaves!!!! 

Went with DS to grocery store for items that needed to be bought at last minute (salad stuff mostly)......and surprised it wasn't jammed packed....guess the foodies are waiting until Christmas Eve!!!   We went back to her place....I helped her get some last minute things prepared and we watched a couple of Christmas movies (Shop Around The Corner and Going My Way).......

Now Now Steive....Pepperidge Farm dinner rolls are just a totally unique product...why would the grocery store go to all that time let along the expense involved to bring in a national brand when one can chose a bland and unpalatable house brand!!! SmileyBut yes I feel your pain and hear you about those store brands....my DS gave me a woeful tale of how she had to go to several stores because the house brand olives are just horrible and it seems that is all the regular grocery store carries now......and you can't find dried mint anywhere (for meatballs) even at the specialty grocery store.....she finally found the things at Target!!!!  And the sad thing about the store brands here, I mean really HEB (THE GROCERY STORE CHAIN) is a little greedy they ran all the other big grocery chains out of town (Wally World and Super Target aren't any real competition--primarily due to their produce, deli, meat and seafoood deaprtments).....so why can't they offer a few national brands!!!  GREEDY GREEDY GREEDY!!! 

I'm sure you will be a vision of Christmas in your capris....and be sure to include the appropriate accessories.....and don't forget the coordinating handbag  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@stevieb  Oh I see there are some that are choosing to have LR on a platter for their Christmas Eve breakfast..... I mean really.....you'd think abscence would make the heart grow fonder considering the ability to compare what WAS with what QVC is offering NOW in terms of hosts they seem to have pushed front and center.....Smiley

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb  Oh I see there are some that are choosing to have LR on a platter for their Christmas Eve breakfast..... I mean really.....you'd think abscence would make the heart grow fonder considering the ability to compare what WAS with what QVC is offering NOW in terms of hosts they seem to have pushed front and center.....Smiley

Yea, between that and those 'of faith' over on the Vick thread expressing why anyone who has 'faith' and eats meat should forgive and forget, I think it's just about time for me to get off my duff and swelter as I run the vacuum.

As for Lisa and the Q, yep, bet they're really wishing they could revisit Christmas past. I know I am. The Q's Christmas present (not to mention presents) leave a lot to be desire.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Yea, between that and those 'of faith' over on the Vick thread expressing why anyone who has 'faith' and eats meat should forgive and forget, I think it's just about time for me to get off my duff and swelter as I run the vacuum.

As for Lisa and the Q, yep, bet they're really wishing they could revisit Christmas past. I know I am. The Q's Christmas present (not to mention presents) leave a lot to be desire.

@stevieb  Oh no they didn't ..... if I went to that thread I'd be banned for sure....just the mere mention of that name.......GRRRR!!!!  Cat MadCat MadCat Mad

Oh Stevie are you going to imitate some of those same presentations as QVC when you vacuum...oh please say that you are... Woman Very HappyWoman LOLWoman Wink

Well all my chores are done and get to relax a bit before the activities begin ...so I am watching Batchelor Mother with Ginger Rogers and David Niven......cute movie!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb  Oh no they didn't ..... if I went to that thread I'd be banned for sure....just the mere mention of that name.......GRRRR!!!!  Cat MadCat MadCat Mad

Oh Stevie are you going to imitate some of those same presentations as QVC when you vacuum...oh please say that you are... Woman Very HappyWoman LOLWoman Wink

Well all my chores are done and get to relax a bit before the activities begin ...so I am watching Batchelor Mother with Ginger Rogers and David Niven......cute movie!

You should go over there, if for no other reason than to read some of the posts that you'd support. There were many (some of them mine) that took exception to the mentality that he'd 'done his time' and we should all forgive, and, 'after all, anyone who eats meat is condoning cruelty'... Bright stars...NOT...

I wish I could just relax, but there's more to be done and the only activity I'll see tonight is Christmas Eve dinner out... And you know, given the way this year has shaped up, I honestly don't care... I just wish it would cool down... Don't even care about cold at this point... A white Christmas isn't the issue, I'd settle for temperatures in the 50's with less humidity and no more rain...

Anyway, enjoy your Christmas Eve...