Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PREVIEW-12/12-13!!! UNBELIVABLE!!!

@stevieb wrote:

Problem is @Spurt, I think it's the Q's collective brain that's been Brainjacked... How else can you account for this unending horror...?

@stevieb  True...very true..... Woman Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Very enjoyable as always @Spurt   There is a really funny commercial for something that shows cat after cat in a holiday costume while Elton John's "Sorry" (seems to be the hardest word) plays in the background...your post reminds me of it...very funny! I actually would like to have a laptop (I am using my phone exclusively because my laptop is broken) but would never buy off of the TV no matter who was selling. On the HSN boards several months ago, there was a man who bought a huge flatscreen TV from them, got it, then decided he couldnt afford it, then found out it wasgoing to cost him several hundred dollars to ship back.  I don't know what he ultimately decided to do, poor guy.

I am jealous that you got to hold Bella (the Alamo cat). So lucky!  I have been kept busy raising 3 orphan kittens that turned up in my BIL's backyard. Judging by when they opened their eyes, they were 4 days old when I got them. They just turned 8 weeks old yesterday. Luckily, there was a Pet Expo last weekend & I  was able to find 3 rescues who will let me do courtesy listings on their websites. I will have the FIV/FeLV tested next week & then list them. 2 of them havr great markings & the third is a sweet girl so I am hoping they find forever homes quickly though I will not separate them until they are 10 weeks or so. The latest advice is not to spay/neuter so young any more (now they say 4 months so they get necessary hormones) so I will have people sign "foster to adopt" contracts so they cant offivially adopt until the kitty is spayed/neutered. Wish me lots of luck!

Valued Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@GinaV24 wrote:

@stevieb IMO Dell must be hurting a lot since I've been getting ad after ad via e-mail about Dell special offers and I'm getting them from the company that I work for as well. I seem to recall reading something about that in the WSJ although I can't recall the exact information right now.

Considering that so many people use their phones or tables or the phablets, what have you, I'm guessing that there isn't as much need for laptops as there once was.  I know that the discussion we had at Thanksgiving was about what computer to buy and the consensus was to buy a desktop since it was less expensive and use the mobile device instead of paying $$ for a laptop.

@GinaV24...  I still find a laptop works best for me, but here's the thing... I buy locally and I don't buy Dull... or HP... and I don't buy a new computer every two weeks... and it doesn't take me six hour long presentations (and another ten or so half hour presentations) to know when I don't want something...  

But you see, here's the thing... You have completley forgotten about the gifting aspect of Dull, where the possibilities are just endless... Now you see, this is why you simply must watch the presentations... Our skilled, personable and watchable hosts... will share with you all the many, many things you can do with a computer, not even to mention, offer you a litany of folks to whom you really should consider gifting a computer... So you see, this really is wonderful programming after all...

Yea,  I know, I'm checking into the home right after Christmas... for a nice long rest...

stevieb, I, too, find a laptop works best for me, takes up less space although there are times I wish I had two monitors like I do at work.  Anywho, you could probably hear by groan last night when I saw the midnight show was yet more electronics/computers.  I have watched essentially no QVC in a while.  I will check later online to see what the cookbook was on ITKWD, and might watch the video, and then if I am interested, will check it out on Barnes and Noble.  99% of the time it is cheaper and shipping is free. 

So, save a place for me at the home....

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Valued Contributor

Hey SPURT, glad to see you back.  Hope you had a great time off.  I took off the week after Thanksgiving , only to come back to work to the week from you know where.  Things get crazy this time of year at work, semester ends, the Univ. shuts down on the 22nd, things have to be turned in early, faculty waiting until the last minute to do things and they want you to pull off the impossible, etc.  Worked 9+ hours straight all week.  UGH.  I will be glad to see the 22nd come!  I will REALLY be glad to see 6/30/2018 come! (last day before retirement).

Anyway, thanks for the Lab photo, so cute.  One of my new research faculty has a rescue greyhound and his wife knitted Christmas antlers for it; the picture was a hoot!

So, the Q's offerings are as odorous as ever.  The only things I bought this year were an autodelivery of a wreath for my dog vets' office and one for my elderly aunt, continuing the tradition started by my late mother, her sister.  Can't believe the TSV is yet another computer. Phooey.  Oh well, their sorry offerings are saving me money.  I have done the rest of my shopping online or at B&M stores, with 30% off coupons, free shipping, etc.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

@mewsmomtoo wrote:

Very enjoyable as always @Spurt   There is a really funny commercial for something that shows cat after cat in a holiday costume while Elton John's "Sorry" (seems to be the hardest word) plays in the background...your post reminds me of it...very funny! I actually would like to have a laptop (I am using my phone exclusively because my laptop is broken) but would never buy off of the TV no matter who was selling. On the HSN boards several months ago, there was a man who bought a huge flatscreen TV from them, got it, then decided he couldnt afford it, then found out it wasgoing to cost him several hundred dollars to ship back.  I don't know what he ultimately decided to do, poor guy.

I am jealous that you got to hold Bella (the Alamo cat). So lucky!  I have been kept busy raising 3 orphan kittens that turned up in my BIL's backyard. Judging by when they opened their eyes, they were 4 days old when I got them. They just turned 8 weeks old yesterday. Luckily, there was a Pet Expo last weekend & I  was able to find 3 rescues who will let me do courtesy listings on their websites. I will have the FIV/FeLV tested next week & then list them. 2 of them havr great markings & the third is a sweet girl so I am hoping they find forever homes quickly though I will not separate them until they are 10 weeks or so. The latest advice is not to spay/neuter so young any more (now they say 4 months so they get necessary hormones) so I will have people sign "foster to adopt" contracts so they cant offivially adopt until the kitty is spayed/neutered. Wish me lots of luck!

@mewsmomtoo  Hi MEWS!!!  That is so funny, my DS just emailed me that Temptations commercial from YouTube ( I hadn't seen it yet)---too funny and I actually posted it before I started reading the Forum posts---GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!!!  But that commercial is definetly hilarious....and when I did my grocery shopping yesterday, I DID buy my kitties TEMPTATIONS in honor of the commercial---LOL!!!

WOW so you are raising ittybitty kitties orphan kitties---I know that is a lot of work and I thank you for being so kind hearted.....I am glad that rescues and fosters are assisting you in finding GOOD forever homes!!! I will say a prayer that you find them good homes! 

I always thought that was wierd that the veterinarians started spaying and neutering kittens so young and I'm glad they backed off on when to perform the surgery....but I think their focus was more on preventing pregnancies than the overall future health of the cats.....

My aunt worked for a Property Management Company for a couple that owned several apartment complexes and one of the maintenance guys called my aunt when he found a baby kitten in a mud puddle.....my aunt rescued him and named him Oliver.....she bottle fed him and got him weaned....he grew into a GIANT white cat---he had a sweet disposition and loved people and other animals (other cats and dogs).....He lived a long and happy life thanks to that maintenance guy who knew my aunt was a cat lover....

Bella is pretty and has quite a personality. The ladies at the Alamo Gift Shop says she roams the gift shop and the grounds (she has food, water, and a litter box in the Alamo Office and they put her up at night.....they said she even visits a nearby history hotel and they bring her back to the Alamo....We were talking to some of the other visitors and they laughed when we told them she has a Twitter account Cat LOL

I can't believe what these Shopping Channels charge to return stuff.....my advice--for any electronic or appliance BUY LOCAL folks!!!  

Have a great weekend....and give those kitties a big HUG from me HeartCat Very HappyCat Embarassed

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@katiescarlett wrote:

Hey SPURT, glad to see you back.  Hope you had a great time off.  I took off the week after Thanksgiving , only to come back to work to the week from you know where.  Things get crazy this time of year at work, semester ends, the Univ. shuts down on the 22nd, things have to be turned in early, faculty waiting until the last minute to do things and they want you to pull off the impossible, etc.  Worked 9+ hours straight all week.  UGH.  I will be glad to see the 22nd come!  I will REALLY be glad to see 6/30/2018 come! (last day before retirement).

Anyway, thanks for the Lab photo, so cute.  One of my new research faculty has a rescue greyhound and his wife knitted Christmas antlers for it; the picture was a hoot!

So, the Q's offerings are as odorous as ever.  The only things I bought this year were an autodelivery of a wreath for my dog vets' office and one for my elderly aunt, continuing the tradition started by my late mother, her sister.  Can't believe the TSV is yet another computer. Phooey.  Oh well, their sorry offerings are saving me money.  I have done the rest of my shopping online or at B&M stores, with 30% off coupons, free shipping, etc.

@katiescarlett  Hey KATIE---how are you!!!  WOW--it sounds like you are very very busy wrapping up the semester at the University!!!  Your retirement will get here sooner than you think---and CONGRATS on that---remember, there's light at the end of the tunnel---Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

That is cute about that greyhound and the antlers---LOL!!!  When my DS and I go to this one park to hike, there are quite a few pet parents with their greyhounds taking the hike also (that particular park seems to have a popularity with folks that have rescued greyhounds--they are sweet and gentle dogs).....

No Christmas gifts from the Q from me either!!!!  Their programming puts me in a Grinch like mood so the only thing I've watched is AM Style and most of the show was spent on Logo and a poncho that was a one time only--- I turned off the TV and put on a Christmas CD instead!! 

Have a GREAT weekend!!!

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Hi Spurt!  This is one of your best!  I love the Abominable Snowman as it fits so well these days.  

@CalminHeart  Hi CALMIN glad you enjoyed it! Woman Very Happy

Valued Contributor

Hey SPURT,

I am fine, did not spend much time on the computer at home the last couple of weeks.  During my week off I did such exciting things!!!! I fixed the pasture fence in three places, rehung two pasture gates, spent three days getting cobwebs out of the barn, vacuumed the stall walls with the wet/dry vac, cleaned the rafters, cleaned the tack/feed room, also vacuuming the walls and floor with the wet/dry vac (if that did not set off my allergies, nothing will), washed some things to put away for the season like the horses' fly masks, hauled out old hay and threw it in the woods, spread manure. Don't I lead such an exciting life!!!  I did go shopping one day in Charlotte with a friend, and did take a lovely trail ride through the woods. And two barn cats had their yearlies. 

Over Christmas break I will try to do some yard work, I have a couple of things to plant and need to cut out some dead wood from azaleas.  And my back yard is starting to revert to nature.

Tonight is our lesson barn's Wild West Christmas party. Catered bbq - YUM!!!!  I am heading over shortly to see if they need any help with final preparations.

It is 76 here and sunny.  Hard to get in the Christmas spirit at times when it feels that warm.  But I like it......better than being cold I say.  My camellias are blooming.

Richard C. Call
Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@GinaV24 wrote:

@stevieb hmmm let me think about that, uh, no, I'll pass.  This weekend is finish up on the last few gits AND cookiefest! 

Once upon a time, Q was my favorite shopping channel but no more.  I'm tired of being bored with the product lines.  I just went in and cancelled or delayed several items I have on auto-delivery as I still have quantity left.  Plus some of it is Philosophy and I'm not as happy with that product as I once was so no reason to pay for it.  I've been giving it away to my niece as she still enjoys it but I already have a kit in a box so there's no need for more to ship.

@GinaV24 I haven't purchased Philosophy but some friends and co-workers do and they said after Coty purchased Philosophy, the forumulas just arent the same....

QVC used to offer UNIQUE items you didn't see locally and there programming of products were a VARIETY.....two words sadly not found in QVC's vocabulary these days......Inconsistent sizing in clothing and a decline in quality, junky jewelry at high prices, and the SAME boring items shown over and over and over again....and it seems even Q's marketing department has given up on clever show titles everything is just the generic Gift Guide these days...

SPURT,

"VALUE is also not in the vocabulary much, either.  And I read a lot of issues with "QUALITY."

Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katiescarlett wrote:

Hey SPURT,

I am fine, did not spend much time on the computer at home the last couple of weeks.  During my week off I did such exciting things!!!! I fixed the pasture fence in three places, rehung two pasture gates, spent three days getting cobwebs out of the barn, vacuumed the stall walls with the wet/dry vac, cleaned the rafters, cleaned the tack/feed room, also vacuuming the walls and floor with the wet/dry vac (if that did not set off my allergies, nothing will), washed some things to put away for the season like the horses' fly masks, hauled out old hay and threw it in the woods, spread manure. Don't I lead such an exciting life!!!  I did go shopping one day in Charlotte with a friend, and did take a lovely trail ride through the woods. And two barn cats had their yearlies. 

Over Christmas break I will try to do some yard work, I have a couple of things to plant and need to cut out some dead wood from azaleas.  And my back yard is starting to revert to nature.

Tonight is our lesson barn's Wild West Christmas party. Catered bbq - YUM!!!!  I am heading over shortly to see if they need any help with final preparations.

It is 76 here and sunny.  Hard to get in the Christmas spirit at times when it feels that warm.  But I like it......better than being cold I say.  My camellias are blooming.

@katiescarlett  Katie, just reading the post and all the work you did makes me tired---WHEW!!!  Who needs a gym just complete those maintenance tasks to be in great shape......And now you got yard work over Christmas break---how do you do it!!!  Where do you get the energy---share your secret---I could use some!Cat LOL

The BBQ sounds fun---hope you had a good time!!!

Yep warmer than normal here too.....I think the high got to 82 we broke a record---cool front and rain SUPPOSED to be coming in with temperatures back into the 50's/30's for next week....hope the weater morons are right---I agree--- sure doesn't feel very Christmasy....but the leaves on the Crepe  Myrtle trees and Arizona Ash trees have changed color and the leaves are falling like crazy so it looks like an "Indian Summer" here---