Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PREVIEW-12/12-13!!! UNBELIVABLE!!!

@GinaV24 wrote:

@stevieb hmmm let me think about that, uh, no, I'll pass.  This weekend is finish up on the last few gits AND cookiefest! 

Once upon a time, Q was my favorite shopping channel but no more.  I'm tired of being bored with the product lines.  I just went in and cancelled or delayed several items I have on auto-delivery as I still have quantity left.  Plus some of it is Philosophy and I'm not as happy with that product as I once was so no reason to pay for it.  I've been giving it away to my niece as she still enjoys it but I already have a kit in a box so there's no need for more to ship.

@GinaV24 I haven't purchased Philosophy but some friends and co-workers do and they said after Coty purchased Philosophy, the forumulas just arent the same....

QVC used to offer UNIQUE items you didn't see locally and there programming of products were a VARIETY.....two words sadly not found in QVC's vocabulary these days......Inconsistent sizing in clothing and a decline in quality, junky jewelry at high prices, and the SAME boring items shown over and over and over again....and it seems even Q's marketing department has given up on clever show titles everything is just the generic Gift Guide these days...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

Welcome back, Spurt! l hope you enjoyed your vacation last week, and l imagine it was Q-free. You missed another great gifting idea-- a teeth whitening kit for the teacher! LOL. Add that to the other wonderful personal grooming "gifts" being touted: facial hair epilator, foot callus shaver, etc.--and of course, Poopourri. And that $545 hair-growing "helmet" was also being suggested as a gift. Seriously??

I enjoyed the the cats and dogs dressed as reindeer. I won't be watching the Q this weekend, as l'm sick of the electronics-- and don't need any-- and l certainly don't enjoy spending my Sundays "in the kitchen" (with David or anyone else, LOL). Have a great weekend!

@handygal2  Gee while I was having fun visiting friends...I missed all that....DARN IT....guess I should've set my Tivo.....it doesn't get "better" than what was shown--ROFL---a hair growing helmet---ROFL!!!!  Did they look anything like this?

Image result for old fashioned hair dryers at salons    Image result for old fashioned hair dryers at salons   

or this.....

or this...

And who doesn't love an epilator or callous shaver for a gift---HOHOHO!!! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@MJDinHawaii wrote:

HI, SPURT!  I've been away from the forums for a while, spending much more time and $ at HSN.  As always, I love your commentary and the animal pix.  I tuned in briefly to Psh Presents only to be YAWN disappointed, so decided to check the forums.  So glad to see your post in spite of the dreary programming.  I hope you and yours have a Wonderful Holiday Season!  Mary Jo

@MJDinVegas  Hi MJD.......missed you....Glad you liked the animal photos....

When you speak of DREARY it's not the weather, QVC wins that award......

Hope you have a GREAT and ENJOYABLE Holiday Season too....Take care!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

Welcome back, Spurt! l hope you enjoyed your vacation last week, and l imagine it was Q-free. You missed another great gifting idea-- a teeth whitening kit for the teacher! LOL. Add that to the other wonderful personal grooming "gifts" being touted: facial hair epilator, foot callus shaver, etc.--and of course, Poopourri. And that $545 hair-growing "helmet" was also being suggested as a gift. Seriously??

I enjoyed the the cats and dogs dressed as reindeer. I won't be watching the Q this weekend, as l'm sick of the electronics-- and don't need any-- and l certainly don't enjoy spending my Sundays "in the kitchen" (with David or anyone else, LOL). Have a great weekend!

@handygal2  Gee while I was having fun visiting friends...I missed all that....DARN IT....guess I should've set my Tivo.....it doesn't get "better" than what was shown--ROFL---a hair growing helmet---ROFL!!!!  Did they look anything like this?

Image result for old fashioned hair dryers at salons    Image result for old fashioned hair dryers at salons   

or this.....

or this...

And who doesn't love an epilator or callous shaver for a gift---HOHOHO!!! Woman Very Happy

@Spurt: LOL!! The Q's hair growth gadget looks strangely similar:

image.jpeg

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@GinaV24 wrote:

@stevieb IMO Dell must be hurting a lot since I've been getting ad after ad via e-mail about Dell special offers and I'm getting them from the company that I work for as well. I seem to recall reading something about that in the WSJ although I can't recall the exact information right now.

Considering that so many people use their phones or tables or the phablets, what have you, I'm guessing that there isn't as much need for laptops as there once was.  I know that the discussion we had at Thanksgiving was about what computer to buy and the consensus was to buy a desktop since it was less expensive and use the mobile device instead of paying $$ for a laptop.

@GinaV24...  I still find a laptop works best for me, but here's the thing... I buy locally and I don't buy Dull... or HP... and I don't buy a new computer every two weeks... and it doesn't take me six hour long presentations (and another ten or so half hour presentations) to know when I don't want something...  

But you see, here's the thing... You have completley forgotten about the gifting aspect of Dull, where the possibilities are just endless... Now you see, this is why you simply must watch the presentations... Our skilled, personable and watchable hosts... will share with you all the many, many things you can do with a computer, not even to mention, offer you a litany of folks to whom you really should consider gifting a computer... So you see, this really is wonderful programming after all...

Yea,  I know, I'm checking into the home right after Christmas... for a nice long rest...

@GinaV24  @stevieb  Stevie, I guess we are outta step ..... I too prefer a laptop over my tablet..(much needed when I work from home, which fortunately is a wonderful option my company affords me)......and all I own is a basic cell phone ( I can text, make calls, take photos---good enough for me...I don't need to check Facebook likes (not a Facebook junkie) nor do I need to tweet or view animal or other funny videos 24/7.)  I enjoy being technology free every now and then....

And Gina, Stevie is definitely correct......why Dull Dell makes wonderful gifts.....and in addition to those wonderful and informative presentations (where the vendor is intent on beating his previous score on one of the online games) there's also the wonderful QVC priority tech support available 24/7 where you can call in and get connected to a Supervisor and hear those "magic" words, "Voice Mail Box Full".......Woman Very Happy  Yep Dell purchasers will be singing "JOY TO THE WORLD" as they head off to a local store to find a replacement......(since it's past Halloween too late to tell you my tale of horror of when I purchased a computer from QVC about 8 years ago... to quote Edgar Allen Poe and the Raven......electronic purchases from QVC--NEVER MORE!!!)......

Image result for raven bird looking sad

@stevieb  skilled personable hosts....where????  where????? would love to see one...... is it true what I read on the forums that there was a mistake in the QVC Guide and it actually listed LR as the host of posh presents---LOL!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Spurt

I just looked at the weekend lineup and saw Dell for tomorrow.  So, foolishly, I looked at Sunday and saw Apple.

Geez oh Pete's - what a stinker of a weekend.

@Bird mama  Hi BIRDMAMA---remember, one can never have too many electronics....I think everyone should buy one at least once a week......Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

or this.....

or this...

@Spurt: LOL!! The Q's hair growth gadget looks strangely similar:

image.jpeg

@handygal2  It looks like one of those mind meld gadgets from an old science fiction movie from the 60's....LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 @Spurt  I've been chuckling over that hair growth contraption since I saw it on the air a few months ago. Yes, it looks like some sort of mind control, uh, device... and who knows, maybe it is. Maybe the Q has realized the only way they can keep us around is mind control. I wonder if those earphone looking thingies broadcast subliminal messages, you know, along with live audio of the programming... If so, does that qualitfy as torture and is this in compliance with the Geneva Convention...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 @Spurt  I've been chuckling over that hair growth contraption since I saw it on the air a few months ago. Yes, it looks like some sort of mind control, uh, device... and who knows, maybe it is. Maybe the Q has realized the only way they can keep us around is mind control. I wonder if those earphone looking thingies broadcast subliminal messages, you know, along with live audio of the programming... If so, does that qualitfy as torture and is this in compliance with the Geneva Convention...

Woman Wink

@stevieb  to quote from My Fair Lady, "by jove, I think she's got it" (or words to that effect)....who else but a former CEO of a technology company would create a device to actually make viewers watch and purchase this unwantable stuff!! Woman LOLWoman Wink

Honored Contributor

Problem is @Spurt, I think it's the Q's collective brain that's been Brainjacked... How else can you account for this unending horror...?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...