Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PREVIEW-12/12-13!!! UNBELIVABLE!!!

wow, just wow!  Love the pictures of all the cute animals in their holiday finery - even if they look just as annoyed as I would be IF I was going to watch any of that programming that QVC has planned - which I'm not.

Happily I have things planned for the weekends before Christmas and none of it includes watching the drivel on QVC.  Nope!  I am pretty well done with my shopping anyway and there was exactly 1 gift purchased on QVC because I thought it was something my brother can use and I didn't see it anywhere else.

I did watch evine's Santa's rock stars programming which has been fun to watch even if I don't need a thing.  I see QVC has Ripka on today but I don't need another pair or DMQ earrings in silver or clad and if I were going to buy jewelry it wouldn't be from Q these days.  I'll buy real from somewhere else.

Spurt, always a fun preview to read.  Glad you returned safely from your adventure!

Esteemed Contributor

interesting - I wonder if they contacted the consumers who purchased those trees. Certainly I never received a recall notice from QVC but then again, maybe I didn't buy that particular BL tree.
Esteemed Contributor

@VIVIAN - I'm right with you on that, Vivian. I don't even bother to tune in to the generically named shows
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we just 'enjoy' an entire Dull computer day? Someone must not have made their quota for the year... 

See Q, this is what happens when you plan a year in advance. You get stuck touting electronics at Christmas, even though your very own financials are telling you that electronics are no longer your strong suit...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

wow, just wow!  Love the pictures of all the cute animals in their holiday finery - even if they look just as annoyed as I would be IF I was going to watch any of that programming that QVC has planned - which I'm not.

Happily I have things planned for the weekends before Christmas and none of it includes watching the drivel on QVC.  Nope!  I am pretty well done with my shopping anyway and there was exactly 1 gift purchased on QVC because I thought it was something my brother can use and I didn't see it anywhere else.

I did watch evine's Santa's rock stars programming which has been fun to watch even if I don't need a thing.  I see QVC has Ripka on today but I don't need another pair or DMQ earrings in silver or clad and if I were going to buy jewelry it wouldn't be from Q these days.  I'll buy real from somewhere else.

Spurt, always a fun preview to read.  Glad you returned safely from your adventure!

Now, now @GinaV24, in the spirit of the season, I really think you should set aside some time each day AND each weekend to support your friends at the ole Q... Why you never can tell, you just MIGHT find some over-priced fake diamond item or YET another electronics item you JUST can not live without... Scintillating, thoroughly titillating, stuff...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb IMO Dell must be hurting a lot since I've been getting ad after ad via e-mail about Dell special offers and I'm getting them from the company that I work for as well. I seem to recall reading something about that in the WSJ although I can't recall the exact information right now.

Considering that so many people use their phones or tables or the phablets, what have you, I'm guessing that there isn't as much need for laptops as there once was.  I know that the discussion we had at Thanksgiving was about what computer to buy and the consensus was to buy a desktop since it was less expensive and use the mobile device instead of paying $$ for a laptop.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb hmmm let me think about that, uh, no, I'll pass.  This weekend is finish up on the last few gits AND cookiefest! 

Once upon a time, Q was my favorite shopping channel but no more.  I'm tired of being bored with the product lines.  I just went in and cancelled or delayed several items I have on auto-delivery as I still have quantity left.  Plus some of it is Philosophy and I'm not as happy with that product as I once was so no reason to pay for it.  I've been giving it away to my niece as she still enjoys it but I already have a kit in a box so there's no need for more to ship.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Hi @Kachina624, I have been thinking of you and that handsome and smart Pup Misty you adopted.  Trust all is going well and that he has healed your heart from your recent losses.  It seems like he is quite smart, and maybe he could be a regular in Spurt's postings.  Just a thought. If I tried to dress up my kitty...let's just say it could get ugly.  

@PamfromCT  Hi Pam, I've added another chapter to Misty's story on the original thread under pet lovers.  So far she and a mini Austin who died a few years ago are vying for "smartest dog".  I can teach her something new in about 5 minutes.  She'd make a great agility dog.  Unfortunately, I'm not qualified.  She tries so hard to please.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Welcome back, Spurt! l hope you enjoyed your vacation last week, and l imagine it was Q-free. You missed another great gifting idea-- a teeth whitening kit for the teacher! LOL. Add that to the other wonderful personal grooming "gifts" being touted: facial hair epilator, foot callus shaver, etc.--and of course, Poopourri. And that $545 hair-growing "helmet" was also being suggested as a gift. Seriously??

I enjoyed the the cats and dogs dressed as reindeer. I won't be watching the Q this weekend, as l'm sick of the electronics-- and don't need any-- and l certainly don't enjoy spending my Sundays "in the kitchen" (with David or anyone else, LOL). Have a great weekend!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

HI, SPURT!  I've been away from the forums for a while, spending much more time and $ at HSN.  As always, I love your commentary and the animal pix.  I tuned in briefly to Psh Presents only to be YAWN disappointed, so decided to check the forums.  So glad to see your post in spite of the dreary programming.  I hope you and yours have a Wonderful Holiday Season!  Mary Jo