Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PREVIEW 11/21-22 PHILOSOPHY & GUESS WHAT?

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Oh and @Spurt in case you missed it, (and are better off if you did) "woodland" translated into about half dozen not very appealing items, some of which were still more mercury glass... Quite the snore... Zzzzzzzzzzzz...

@stevieb  I checked out the RECENT ITEMS ON AIR and the only thing I liked was the mercury glass birds BY VALERIE and LR was the one that originally presented them...Woman Frustrated The "faux leather" stuff was downright ugly!!!

It's always the SAME thing in her shows that she says took Months to plan and I can't imagine why-- it's ALWAYS throws, picks, garland, a santa, overpriced ornaments (I'd rather go to Pier 1 at least they have some lovely things even though their prices are higher than other places).....she didn't present it this show, but she seems to love beaded fruit and have beaded fruit garlands, wreaths, and pillars with beaded fruit wrapped around them----I do NOT like BEADED fruit!!! ZZZZZZZZZZZ is right!!!

Now to be fair, I was looking online and did order the bottle brush decorated trees that she presented on an earlier show---I've been looking online and in gift shops for the Radko Shiny Brit ones to go with my village---they were kind of pricey, so I was searching for an alternative and I couldn't believe Q's price was a good one even with shipping....they are very nice.....but that's the ONLY thing I've bought from her stuff in YEARS!

Well good for you @Spurt for being fair. I no longer feel any need whatsoever to be fair where QVC or particularly where Marmsie are concerned... I cannot fathom why TPTB utterly refused to share the air time with another host who seems to be almost universally liked and enjoyed, who clearly has actual talent in the decor arena, who isn't full of himself and who isn't a walking-talking self promotion machine... Some used to accuse Lisa of an 'all about her' mentality, but really, nowhere is such an approach more glaring than with this one...

I always surmised that La Marm was beyond rankled when Lisa was given the Friday holiday decor assignment and it always seemed rather obvious that she resented Lisa, but had Lisa or Alberti been hosting these shows, chances are I'd have watched them and had I watched, chances are I'd have bought SOMETHING... What do they not get about the simple notion that mixing it up broadens the scope of appeal and hence broadens the potential audience...

And then, on top of everything else, it appears her nod to 'glamor' was to don a skirt made out of 70's wallpaper...

I'm not looking for holiday decorations this year, at all, and certainly not on Q...  The few I've added were very minimal and came from local sources and if this is the road they've chosen to travel, then that'll continue to be my plan going forward...

@stevieb  I think the only way LM has survived is she got some popular shows---her Silver Style that they used to air on Sunday mornings, and of course her home decor shows---I think people watched regardless of host because of the type of merchandise....There are lots of homedecoranistas out there that love to tune in just to get ideas---and she USED TO present some unique things---and these home decor shows are a refreshing change of pace too!!!  But even on the Silver Style Show she sometimes came across as a bit cranky and irritable---(she could wait for break to inform the camera person to focus on the models wearing the jewelry instead of her, instead of barking these orders on air).....Of course when the price of silver went up, the show went out!!!  Or perhaps the airing time didn't meet her personal schedule requirements..... Woman Wink 

Perhaps, curiousity gets the best of me, but I just have to peek at her shows just to see what is being offered.....but I think more and more the mute button is needed because I can't bear to witness "the sore back" if you get my drift.....And there are no more truely "unique" items, just variations of what VPH offers, or same ole stuff, or LM's style that doesn't mesh with mine....

It appears there is a decorating "feud" between the 2 styles and it sadly appears tenure has won out ---  If Q is looking for a way to refresh their network without bringing in tons of new products, then you think a new host and new perspective would be a welcome change!!!  I even saw another thread, this time a Thanksgiving dinner display, beautifully done by Alberti!!!  (I saw your response there) .....I mean come on there is obvious talent here...QVC PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE USE IT!!!  I couldn't believe there were actually a couple of naysayers stating although beautiful, not suited "for children"....Gee, everything can't be decorated with Sponge Bob and Frozen decor Woman LOLWoman Wink  And I loved the response back, that perhaps children should learn to appreciate and learn the proper behavioue when around nice things, part of growing up ---AMEN!!! 

But it appears that perhaps QVC is just desperate to bring in those "busy" 30 something moms and thus bowed to the more, "kid friendly" decor...and who apitomizes more of the "busy mom" than you know who....no, not KL (she exercises, instead of decorates)....so unfortunately, the Q missed an opportunity to interject some VARIETY in their programming.....Woman Frustrated

When LR left there was an obvious hole created.....(my only beef with her was her overuse of the word "amazing" which she corrected being the professional she was)...I never understood all the criticism, she had a pleasant personality, and while the other hosts are attractive and more girl next door, LR was QVC's best bet as the most glamourous, and thus got the more glamourous venues....and she was professional in the more "upscale shows" and yet fun and down to earth in other shows.....

And as far as the "monitor gazing" complaints---if they listened to other hosts on air, they explained to the audience that they have one monitor showing the current item, and another monitor showing the upcoming item so the host can talk about it....and sometimes the second monitor didn't work---some hosts flatly told the producer this on air, that the second monitor wasn't working, LR appeared to be waiting for the second monitor to present an image for her, perhaps the producer was giving her information in her ear piece on a product she couldn't see....different strokes for different hosts.....JMHO 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb @Spurt you know I planned to watch Jill's show but fell asleep - it had been a long week.  Sounds like I didn't miss anything after all.

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart I got one, too and did the same. Delete! I used to enjoy the decor shows and the jewelry.  Of course IMO now the jewelry is both boring & overpriced and the decor, like many of Q's products, has become so predictable that I can check online and see if there is anything worth considering but this year, it has been few and far between.  I did buy the bottle trees from several shows ago - hoping the cats will not think they are chewables!  The tinsel trees that I've had for years (probably bought for a dollar and yet here they are, still going strong but they go behind the glass doors in the hutch so that no kitty decides to eat any of it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt @stevieb I stopped into the local Talbot's yestereday since I was in the area.  I bought a pretty holiday pin and a faux peal/stone bracelet (both 40% off) as part of my Christmas shopping.  Yes I used gas to get there but I didn't pay shipping and I could see whether the item was worth paying $ for it or not.  That works for me.

I also don't give personal hygiene items as present.  I do have 2 friends who like some of the philosophy body creams so I will buy those to give as gifts.  Sometimes they are a good buy at QVC but I can also get a good deal at the website and sometimes better shipping.

QVC lost my loyalty when they raised their prices to compensate for the "reduced" shipping as well as boring me to tears every week.

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@CalminHeart I got one, too and did the same. Delete! I used to enjoy the decor shows and the jewelry.  Of course IMO now the jewelry is both boring & overpriced and the decor, like many of Q's products, has become so predictable that I can check online and see if there is anything worth considering but this year, it has been few and far between.  I did buy the bottle trees from several shows ago - hoping the cats will not think they are chewables!  The tinsel trees that I've had for years (probably bought for a dollar and yet here they are, still going strong but they go behind the glass doors in the hutch so that no kitty decides to eat any of it.

@GinaV24  I don't know if you saw my response to Stevie that I also bought the bottle brush trees---they ARE really nice--a pleasant surprise!Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Spurt @stevieb I stopped into the local Talbot's yestereday since I was in the area.  I bought a pretty holiday pin and a faux peal/stone bracelet (both 40% off) as part of my Christmas shopping.  Yes I used gas to get there but I didn't pay shipping and I could see whether the item was worth paying $ for it or not.  That works for me.

I also don't give personal hygiene items as present.  I do have 2 friends who like some of the philosophy body creams so I will buy those to give as gifts.  Sometimes they are a good buy at QVC but I can also get a good deal at the website and sometimes better shipping.

QVC lost my loyalty when they raised their prices to compensate for the "reduced" shipping as well as boring me to tears every week.

@GinaV24  Enjoy your purchases GINA!!!  Sounds like you got some good deals....I'm taking time off of work this week and plan to do some shopping ---hopefully will finish up my gift list and stopping in Stein Mart to browse for myself ---they always have some nice fashion jewelry, clothes, and home decor pieces too....

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

I hear that @GinaV24... I found a pretty new ring on the TJ Maxx website, and a great new bag on another site. Both with no or very low shipping... But for the most part, yes, I've done the bulk of what little Christmas shopping I do locally where I knew exactly what I was getting and where shipping, returns, and return shipping are not an issue. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Oh and @Spurt in case you missed it, (and are better off if you did) "woodland" translated into about half dozen not very appealing items, some of which were still more mercury glass... Quite the snore... Zzzzzzzzzzzz...

@stevieb  I checked out the RECENT ITEMS ON AIR and the only thing I liked was the mercury glass birds BY VALERIE and LR was the one that originally presented them...Woman Frustrated The "faux leather" stuff was downright ugly!!!

It's always the SAME thing in her shows that she says took Months to plan and I can't imagine why-- it's ALWAYS throws, picks, garland, a santa, overpriced ornaments (I'd rather go to Pier 1 at least they have some lovely things even though their prices are higher than other places).....she didn't present it this show, but she seems to love beaded fruit and have beaded fruit garlands, wreaths, and pillars with beaded fruit wrapped around them----I do NOT like BEADED fruit!!! ZZZZZZZZZZZ is right!!!

Now to be fair, I was looking online and did order the bottle brush decorated trees that she presented on an earlier show---I've been looking online and in gift shops for the Radko Shiny Brit ones to go with my village---they were kind of pricey, so I was searching for an alternative and I couldn't believe Q's price was a good one even with shipping....they are very nice.....but that's the ONLY thing I've bought from her stuff in YEARS!

Well good for you @Spurt for being fair. I no longer feel any need whatsoever to be fair where QVC or particularly where Marmsie are concerned... I cannot fathom why TPTB utterly refused to share the air time with another host who seems to be almost universally liked and enjoyed, who clearly has actual talent in the decor arena, who isn't full of himself and who isn't a walking-talking self promotion machine... Some used to accuse Lisa of an 'all about her' mentality, but really, nowhere is such an approach more glaring than with this one...

I always surmised that La Marm was beyond rankled when Lisa was given the Friday holiday decor assignment and it always seemed rather obvious that she resented Lisa, but had Lisa or Alberti been hosting these shows, chances are I'd have watched them and had I watched, chances are I'd have bought SOMETHING... What do they not get about the simple notion that mixing it up broadens the scope of appeal and hence broadens the potential audience...

And then, on top of everything else, it appears her nod to 'glamor' was to don a skirt made out of 70's wallpaper...

I'm not looking for holiday decorations this year, at all, and certainly not on Q...  The few I've added were very minimal and came from local sources and if this is the road they've chosen to travel, then that'll continue to be my plan going forward...

@stevieb  I think the only way LM has survived is she got some popular shows---her Silver Style that they used to air on Sunday mornings, and of course her home decor shows---I think people watched regardless of host because of the type of merchandise....There are lots of homedecoranistas out there that love to tune in just to get ideas---and she USED TO present some unique things---and these home decor shows are a refreshing change of pace too!!!  But even on the Silver Style Show she sometimes came across as a bit cranky and irritable---(she could wait for break to inform the camera person to focus on the models wearing the jewelry instead of her, instead of barking these orders on air).....Of course when the price of silver went up, the show went out!!!  Or perhaps the airing time didn't meet her personal schedule requirements..... Woman Wink 

Perhaps, curiousity gets the best of me, but I just have to peek at her shows just to see what is being offered.....but I think more and more the mute button is needed because I can't bear to witness "the sore back" if you get my drift.....And there are no more truely "unique" items, just variations of what VPH offers, or same ole stuff, or LM's style that doesn't mesh with mine....

It appears there is a decorating "feud" between the 2 styles and it sadly appears tenure has won out ---  If Q is looking for a way to refresh their network without bringing in tons of new products, then you think a new host and new perspective would be a welcome change!!!  I even saw another thread, this time a Thanksgiving dinner display, beautifully done by Alberti!!!  (I saw your response there) .....I mean come on there is obvious talent here...QVC PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE USE IT!!!  I couldn't believe there were actually a couple of naysayers stating although beautiful, not suited "for children"....Gee, everything can't be decorated with Sponge Bob and Frozen decor Woman LOLWoman Wink  And I loved the response back, that perhaps children should learn to appreciate and learn the proper behavioue when around nice things, part of growing up ---AMEN!!! 

But it appears that perhaps QVC is just desperate to bring in those "busy" 30 something moms and thus bowed to the more, "kid friendly" decor...and who apitomizes more of the "busy mom" than you know who....no, not KL (she exercises, instead of decorates)....so unfortunately, the Q missed an opportunity to interject some VARIETY in their programming.....Woman Frustrated

When LR left there was an obvious hole created.....(my only beef with her was her overuse of the word "amazing" which she corrected being the professional she was)...I never understood all the criticism, she had a pleasant personality, and while the other hosts are attractive and more girl next door, LR was QVC's best bet as the most glamourous, and thus got the more glamourous venues....and she was professional in the more "upscale shows" and yet fun and down to earth in other shows.....

And as far as the "monitor gazing" complaints---if they listened to other hosts on air, they explained to the audience that they have one monitor showing the current item, and another monitor showing the upcoming item so the host can talk about it....and sometimes the second monitor didn't work---some hosts flatly told the producer this on air, that the second monitor wasn't working, LR appeared to be waiting for the second monitor to present an image for her, perhaps the producer was giving her information in her ear piece on a product she couldn't see....different strokes for different hosts.....JMHO 

Probably all true @Spurt, as for La Marm's continued presence...  That said, there's pretty clearly a contingent who sees something far more positive about her than do I...  

As for Alberti and his decor not being 'child friendly', oy. Exactly my point, and 'tenure' as you call it, shouldn't be a factor. There is room for more than one 'style' and for more than one host to present home decor and yes, as we both have said, a little more variety, both in terms of 'styles' and hosts would go a long way toward making this moribund network actually watchable again.  Besides, as noted, everyone doesn't decorate with children in mind and even if one does, there is value in teaching children to 'handle with care'.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt I did see that, Spurt.  I'm glad you liked them.  I was a little concerned but they look very nice so wherever they wind up, inside the hutch or not, I will enjoy them.

there was certainly nothing to see on QVC this weekend.  I just looked at the new arrivals today and most of the items have been there for a week or so.  That TSV just looks like something "else" to carry.  I haven't found a RFID wallet yet that I really think will work for me.  I already have a wallet that I bought that I truly hate but since I paid a fair amount of $ for it, I use it anyway.  I only bought the new one because my old one completely wore out and there are still times when I am tempted to just pull the old one out and put duct tape around it and keep using it.