Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PREVIEW 11/21-22 PHILOSOPHY & GUESS WHAT?

@CalminHeart wrote:

Hi Spurt!   I received a jazzed up email this morning from Q about Black Friday WEEK deals.  I laughed and deleted it....it was the same old, same old, same old stuff they offer at least 1-2 days a week out of eeeevvvvvvvery week of the year.   No bargains when comparing prices to other online retailers.

@CalminHeart  Hi CALMIN---QVC may not win the award for the BEST prices, but they sure are #1 in giving us a good LAUGH!!!!  Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL It's just the same stuff they've been offering for several years now---LOL!!!

And even if they reduced the price to near nothing---I certainly would NOT ever want to give what they are offering as gifts---I don't do hygiene gifts (callous removers, epilators, poo-pourri, clarisonic), they don't like polyester clothes, they don't have kids, nor do they want the lame Flashpad or hover board, they don't want to smell like food (no Philosophy---they like real perfume fragrances that I can get at Dillards, Macys, or Sephora), they don't want hair care tools--, nor resin filled jewelry with fake gems, they don't want a Vitamix, Keurig, Ninja, nor Temptations.......in other words NO....and No and NO NO NO! It seems like they are trying to clear their warehouses of overpriced stuff that didn't sell!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lynnsy wrote:

The kitty asleep on ipad, that glow... so cute.  I finally found link to insider and saw the "4-way coat" that Susan has been talking about for TSV thanksgiving.  Removable vest liner and fur hood.  Doesn't look like the fur can be removed by itself like the ole "road kill" coat, which by the way is finally at last clicks (small only)... so close to being GONE for good!

Took a sneak peak at December, and not looking any better on "new" tsv's for me at least.  Just more or less  "improved" versions (new colors!) of the old ones, keruig, epilator, kitchen aid, etc, etc, etc....

All I have left to buy are a few gift cards and I am DONE and DONE for Christmas shopping. 

Not sure which is worse, seeing the same or products or HEARING the same sales pitches for all the products!

@vicalynn  Hi LYNNSY---now who could forget the INFAMOUS "road kill coat".....and now Susan and the Q will present a new coat as the TSV for Thanksgiving.....let's hope the reviews turn out better for this one.....LOL!!!!

I agree I love the kitty sleeping on the ipad----cute kitty indeed! Cat Very Happy

CONGRATS on getting your holiday shopping done---now you can relax and enjoy the holidays---great feeling isn't it!!!

That is a difficult choice---the repetitive products or the repetitive sales speech----some I'm sure customers could recite them without help from the hosts!!!  

Enjoy your weekend!!!

------------------------

Nice pics again, Spurt!! Always start my Friday by looking thru your post!!

Even worse are the repetitive hosts - seems like there are always the same ones presenting on the channel!!  Yikes!!  Where is everybody...would love to see more of some the more tenured hosts!! 

@corita  Hi CORITA!!! Thanks for your nice comments.....

That is a pet peeve of mine too....if QVC has a rare occasion to present a product I like, they always seem to have the SAME hosts on all the time (and they seem to be the ones that annoy me) ---I asked the same question as you did---where are the rest of the hosts!!!!! ???????????  Do they really think these host that appear to be QVC Exec's favorite hosts will really attract the younger demographic and busy moms....I think they'd scare them away---Woman LOLWoman Wink I prefer the tenured ones too---Carolyn, Mary Beth, Leah, Pat, Dan Hughes,.....and Antonella in small doses....

Have a wonderful weekend!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
@Spurt wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

Hi Spurt!   I received a jazzed up email this morning from Q about Black Friday WEEK deals.  I laughed and deleted it....it was the same old, same old, same old stuff they offer at least 1-2 days a week out of eeeevvvvvvvery week of the year.   No bargains when comparing prices to other online retailers.

@CalminHeart  Hi CALMIN---QVC may not win the award for the BEST prices, but they sure are #1 in giving us a good LAUGH!!!!  Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL It's just the same stuff they've been offering for several years now---LOL!!!

And even if they reduced the price to near nothing---I certainly would NOT ever want to give what they are offering as gifts---I don't do hygiene gifts (callous removers, epilators, poo-pourri, clarisonic), they don't like polyester clothes, they don't have kids, nor do they want the lame Flashpad or hover board, they don't want to smell like food (no Philosophy---they like real perfume fragrances that I can get at Dillards, Macys, or Sephora), they don't want hair care tools--, nor resin filled jewelry with fake gems, they don't want a Vitamix, Keurig, Ninja, nor Temptations.......in other words NO....and No and NO NO NO! It seems like they are trying to clear their warehouses of overpriced stuff that didn't sell!!!

Not even to mention @Spurt that it's the same thing every blessed year... The same darned things. Even had I ever wanted to give this lousy mix of items as gifts, I'd have done it by now. I wasn't enthralled by them... didn't find them positively entrancing... the first thousand times they were presented and I don't find them so now. This is the first year in my memory that I haven't watched a single QVC program for more than a few minutes for the duration of the season (in fact, in months), other, I think, than two featuring Carolyn, and I see no reason to start. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I'd already peeked ahead to see what was coming up... As if this week and weekend weren't frightening enough, I squared my shoulders, mustered all my intestinal fortitude, and dared to look ahead for the next several weeks... I'm warning you, it's not for the faint of heart. There is nothing remotely festive (fresh, interesting, entertaining, appealing, so on and on and on and on...) happening here... My gosh, QVC has attained the ultimate in pathetic...

@steviebYou are INDEED a BRAVE BRAVE soul for taking a peek!!!!   A TERRIFYING task!!!  QVC has indeed transcended from BORING into PATHETIC!!!  (great adjective) .....

Why the hosts are even using the same mantra the Q has used for the past several years---all the joy and none of the craziness...Woman Tongue  Even the marketing gurus don't know what to say anymore....why they've even run out of those clever show titlesWoman Tongue

Although I see a few coming up, I've also noted we aren't seeing as many of the host 'favorites', you know, when they ALL have EXACTLY the same favorites...  Guess that happens a lot when there are only fifteen things to sell... over and over again... and again... and again... and, well, you get my drift...

Cool and beautiful here today @Spurt, after a rather dismal day yesterday. Can't say I did much, but it's just so much nicer to see some sun and feel a chill in the air as we approach holiday season.

@stevieb  Why, I just saw a promo featuring "your man" and other hosts, tauting an all day Tuesday A HOST OF GIFT FAVORITES!!!!  So don't miss out now, be watching, since they've limited these shows this season (probably because as you pointed out, the customers laugh at loud, how all the hosts coincidently pick the SAME gifts)......

BTW KL is giving her best friend a Clarisonic, personally I would not give a friend a hygiene gift unless they specfically asked for it, unless you never want to see that person again!!! Woman Wink

Let's see our cold front is supposed to arrive in exactly 39 minutes according to the weather morons!!!!---I just hope they're right---ready for some more cool weather! Woman Very Happy

Enjoy your day!

Oh yea, @Spurt, I'll be sure and do that... ESPECIALLY, you know, since that man o' mine... is featured...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb  I realize times change, and QVC certainly isn't going to revert back to what some consider "the good old days"...but come on...ALL retailers have a plan to move forward to insert some creativity and innovation to retain their customers rather than just offer the same ole qwap and maintain the status quo.....just because they put it on an APP or use all the new social media outlets it doesn't make the same product DIFFERENT!!! SHEESH!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

OMG @Spurt, La Marm has reached a whole other level of annoying. I wanted to see the "woodland" collection, so tuned in ever so briefly. First, there wasn't much "woodland" to be seen... but then there was the whole me, me, me, I, I, I act...  Then there was the whole test pattern... motif... The clincher was when she asked a guest what he was doing to 'her' set. That's it. Never again. I couldn't turn it off fast enough. I cannot fathom how she was selected to do this series of shows. Talk about annoying to the point of insufferable at each and every level... These decor shows might have been the only holiday programming from QVC I watched. Instead, there was none. 

@stevieb  Hey STEVIE---I was watching my Spurs LOSE....and turned the channel during the commercial and caught the very spot in her show that you mentioned....where she chastised "the designer" for messing up her set!!!!  How CRASS!!! Woman Frustrated  And her theme song should be George Harrison's song, "I, Me, Mine".......  Woman Tongue  I quickly turned the channel--- I'd rather watch a lousy game, then hearing her talk over the vendor or make her usual constant references ......

Alberti was over on the HOLIDAY section of the FORUM sharing some photos and I mentioned to him many of us would love to see him host a home decor show....I don't know if he will take the idea to TPTB but I sure wish he would!!!!  I like his ideas better!!!

@Spurt... I absolutely cannot stand her. I will never, ever, in a thousand years understand why some viewers think she has any appeal whatsoever. There is simply nothing that I see that's likable about her. With her, the entire show is one big lexicon in self-congratulation and over the top bossiness. She might 'do her homework' and 'present all the details' but so what. She's unpleasant and she has a lousy broadcast voice and range. I do not for the life of me 'get' why QVC features her so prominently at the expense of FAR more talented and likable hosts. I don't watch much anymore, as you know, but she has fully joined The Jester as a host I absolutely will not watch. There is NOTHING they have to offer that makes it worth my while to have to endure her act.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Oh and @Spurt in case you missed it, (and are better off if you did) "woodland" translated into about half dozen not very appealing items, some of which were still more mercury glass... Quite the snore... Zzzzzzzzzzzz...

@stevieb  I checked out the RECENT ITEMS ON AIR and the only thing I liked was the mercury glass birds BY VALERIE and LR was the one that originally presented them...Woman Frustrated The "faux leather" stuff was downright ugly!!!

It's always the SAME thing in her shows that she says took Months to plan and I can't imagine why-- it's ALWAYS throws, picks, garland, a santa, overpriced ornaments (I'd rather go to Pier 1 at least they have some lovely things even though their prices are higher than other places).....she didn't present it this show, but she seems to love beaded fruit and have beaded fruit garlands, wreaths, and pillars with beaded fruit wrapped around them----I do NOT like BEADED fruit!!! ZZZZZZZZZZZ is right!!!

Now to be fair, I was looking online and did order the bottle brush decorated trees that she presented on an earlier show---I've been looking online and in gift shops for the Radko Shiny Brit ones to go with my village---they were kind of pricey, so I was searching for an alternative and I couldn't believe Q's price was a good one even with shipping....they are very nice.....but that's the ONLY thing I've bought from her stuff in YEARS!

Well good for you @Spurt for being fair. I no longer feel any need whatsoever to be fair where QVC or particularly where Marmsie are concerned... I cannot fathom why TPTB utterly refused to share the air time with another host who seems to be almost universally liked and enjoyed, who clearly has actual talent in the decor arena, who isn't full of himself and who isn't a walking-talking self promotion machine... Some used to accuse Lisa of an 'all about her' mentality, but really, nowhere is such an approach more glaring than with this one...

I always surmised that La Marm was beyond rankled when Lisa was given the Friday holiday decor assignment and it always seemed rather obvious that she resented Lisa, but had Lisa or Alberti been hosting these shows, chances are I'd have watched them and had I watched, chances are I'd have bought SOMETHING... What do they not get about the simple notion that mixing it up broadens the scope of appeal and hence broadens the potential audience...

And then, on top of everything else, it appears her nod to 'glamor' was to don a skirt made out of 70's wallpaper...

I'm not looking for holiday decorations this year, at all, and certainly not on Q...  The few I've added were very minimal and came from local sources and if this is the road they've chosen to travel, then that'll continue to be my plan going forward...

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb  I realize times change, and QVC certainly isn't going to revert back to what some consider "the good old days"...but come on...ALL retailers have a plan to move forward to insert some creativity and innovation to retain their customers rather than just offer the same ole qwap and maintain the status quo.....just because they put it on an APP or use all the new social media outlets it doesn't make the same product DIFFERENT!!! SHEESH!

I absolutely agree @Spurt... The 'device' used to access redundant tedium doesn't change the fact that it is still redundant tedium.

Respected Contributor

@Spurt love the Four Tops but this line up not so much. As others have said, it's rinse and repeat. 

Happy Thanksgiving to you all the fun readers of this thread.

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@Spurt love the Four Tops but this line up not so much. As others have said, it's rinse and repeat. 

Happy Thanksgiving to you all the fun readers of this thread.

@SunValley  I love your "rinse and repeat" analogy---Woman LOL

Happy T Day to you and yours too...Woman Very Happy