Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PREVIEW 11-14/15---BLACK FRIDAY DEALS AND A BLENDER!

an excerpt from what SPURT wrote:

@stevieb  I just don't get it.....all the Shopping Channels seem to be fixated on the new technology---FB, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc etc etc...yet they have forgotten the technology that sets them apart---TV---which hasn't exactly become passe---why all the Smart Phone Zombies I know even stream TV shows using HULU and Roku has QVC and the other shopping channels or so I heard from said Smart Phone Zombies....(why someone would want to view a TV show on such a SMALL screen beats me, but I guess when you're at work and instead of working......Woman Mad)  But the Shopping Channels just aren't utilizing their one ADVANTAGE.....They don't show anything to entice us that's for sure....oh well, we are just customers and what do we know...Woman Wink  And I know I'm preaching to the choir.......Woman Very Happy

@Spurt

So true.  TV -- and TV on a decent-sized screen - is fantastic and fun.  So, yes, why leave that behind to focus on the small-screen technologies?  I've been wondering that myself for a long time.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

stevie wrote---

As for Christmas, well, I suppose I'll get started on whatever I do soon. It isn't that I don't like it, I suppose it's simply become a shadow of what it used to be and so sort of a melancholy time in many ways... It's also a lot of work, or has been, historically. I don't bemoan 'the commercialization' and so on. It is what it is. The simple reality for me is that for Christmas-past, I spent any number of years pulling out all the stops and that just doesn't seem particularly justified or appealing, given the reality of Christmas-present... More to the point, honestly Spurt, I'm still trying to figure out where September and October got to!! I'm just not psychologically ready for it to be the holiday season already!! The months have flown, as they always seem to do, but one thing for sure, ready or not, here it comes...

Enjoy the day and take care...

@stevieb  Very sad my DS had her kitty put too sleep yesterday ---I had offered to go with moral support, but she preferred to go alone...... she said it was strange not to have her morning coffee with her kitty---Padme crossed over to the RAINBOW BRIDGE!!!Cat SadCat SadCat Sad

20131215_181408 (4).jpg

I totally agree---I feel we got gypped here too---the weather was warmer than normal for October in particular so I feel that we didn't get "fall".....and not even near a freeze in the lows in the Hill Country which meant no change in the trees in Lost Maples or trees in the areas.....I think some of he leaves turned brown and fell off because of the drought!!!!

Enjoy your new ornaments and new stocking you found at Target!!! Woman Very Happy

And yes as much as I LOVE the Christmas season, it does definitely bring a melachonly note or two as I remember family and friends who have passed on who I STILL miss especially at holiday time....so I understand your feelings....

I thought QVC had the monopoly on strange Christmas gifts until I saw something which I think has them beat---I saw a commercial where they were recommending that people buy FLEX SEAL as a PERFECT gift---

Related image

ya know the stuff used for sealing cracks, gutters, bathrooms, sinks, and even a boat (which they now use as a Christmas sleigh --ROLL EYES)---And as they showed someone beaming with glee as they unwrapped this "wonderful" gift---I was laughing HYSTERICALLY!!!!----Do you think it would be a great gift to go along with QVC's callous remover and poo-pourri!!!???  Woman Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@an excerpt from what SPURT wrote:

@stevieb  I just don't get it.....all the Shopping Channels seem to be fixated on the new technology---FB, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc etc etc...yet they have forgotten the technology that sets them apart---TV---which hasn't exactly become passe---why all the Smart Phone Zombies I know even stream TV shows using HULU and Roku has QVC and the other shopping channels or so I heard from said Smart Phone Zombies....(why someone would want to view a TV show on such a SMALL screen beats me, but I guess when you're at work and instead of working......Woman Mad)  But the Shopping Channels just aren't utilizing their one ADVANTAGE.....They don't show anything to entice us that's for sure....oh well, we are just customers and what do we know...Woman Wink  And I know I'm preaching to the choir.......Woman Very Happy

@Spurt

So true.  TV -- and TV on a decent-sized screen - is fantastic and fun.  So, yes, why leave that behind to focus on the small-screen technologies?  I've been wondering that myself for a long time.  

@GingerPeach And I just don't get it--- people buy these 60 in or 70 in TV's yet are content to watch TV or a movie on their tiny tiny timy smart phones, or tablet, or PC---???????????

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@NC Bandwagon wrote:

Hello, SPURT. Smiley Happy

In all seriousness, that Vitamix blender isn't cheap. I know it sells, but who could be buying so many? It's an expensive blender and I don't think everyone can afford it. And it really is on for a very long time.

@NC Bandwagon   I can seeing a few people splurging and purchasing it....BUT they show it so often I just don't see many QVC "regular customers" purchasing more than ONE......QVC may be counting on "drive by" new customers purchasing a Vitamix but whey then would they continue watching QVC since they already have their Vitamix and QVC continuously presents it over and over and over and over...........It seems like the Vitamix would meet their maximum sales and taper off.....but maybe this is just leftover stock that didn't sell.....

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Spurt so sorry to hear about your friend's kitty.  That is so very sad.  I know that any of us who have had pets we've loved so much and lost can feel that pain.

@GinaV24  Thank you for your condolences.....it was my sister's kitty.....she was 16 years old....Cat Sad

Honored Contributor

@Spurt... Very sorry to hear about DS's kitty... Very sorry indeed...

While anything else pales by comparison... Yes, I agree, Flex Seal would definitely NOT put a twinkle in my eye... any more than does the heel scraper or the bathroom de-stinkerizer... or the morethanablender, or the Dyson, or Serta or certainly La Marm... 

Ran around all day today looking for large Christmas trees (not for me) and I am bushed... I do really need to get moving around here, as, more than ever, the season has really seemed to spring upon me in the blink of an eye... 

My heart goes out to your DS and so, even if given the opportunity, I wouldn't mention a word about Eli the gobsmacked...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Spurt so sorry to hear about your friend's kitty.  That is so very sad.  I know that any of us who have had pets we've loved so much and lost can feel that pain.

@GinaV24  Thank you for your condolences.....it was my sister's kitty.....she was 16 years old....Cat Sad

I'm sorry about your sister's cat, SPURT. 16 is a pretty long life for a cat. I've heard of cats that live to be 21.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt... Very sorry to hear about DS's kitty... Very sorry indeed...

While anything else pales by comparison... Yes, I agree, Flex Seal would definitely NOT put a twinkle in my eye... any more than does the heel scraper or the bathroom de-stinkerizer... or the morethanablender, or the Dyson, or Serta or certainly La Marm... 

Ran around all day today looking for large Christmas trees (not for me) and I am bushed... I do really need to get moving around here, as, more than ever, the season has really seemed to spring upon me in the blink of an eye... 

My heart goes out to your DS and so, even if given the opportunity, I wouldn't mention a word about Eli the gobsmacked...

Woman Wink

@stevieb  Oh DS gets a definite pass from me.....it's been a heart wrenching situation......Cat Sad

Stevie if your tree shopping for someone for a large tree---I don't know about your area, but in our the best deals were at Home Depot----best prices.....I've seen trees with high price tags at Target, Hobby Lobby, why even Wally World (although they did have a nice 6 ft but it was flocked and not sure how long that would last given Wally's quality lately)......and Lowe's prices were in line with QVC's---YIKES---Happy Shopping!

And mine has all the bells and whistles--instant power pole, light changing mode for both clear or multi or morphing.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NC Bandwagon wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@GinaV24 wrote:

I'm sorry about your sister's cat, SPURT. 16 is a pretty long life for a cat. I've heard of cats that live to be 21.

@NC Bandwagon Thank you for your kind thoughts regarding my sister's cat. My kitty Opie was 22 when she passed on.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt about those larger trees, it's a funny story I will recount for you shortly, but suffice it to say, we were looking for REALLY large trees (ten feet if we could find them) and we needed to find three of them... Home Depot did have good prices and some pretty trees. We almost went with them and a 10' but slender tree... We also looked at Walmart but their display trees were all so lame we moved on... Looked at Costco and they had a nice tree at a great price but again, it was a slim tree. We ended up at Lowe's where we did, indeed, pay a bit more, for a tree that is only 9' but nice and round. Given the space these trees will go in, the slim trees were kind of questionable... The Costco tree did offer the color change feature, but all of them, fortunately, had the instant on, pole in pole plug feature. If I had a big house, I'd have been all over the 10' narrow tree at Home Depot... It was a very dark green and just looked so nice. And, given the price of trees these days, it was essentially affordable. Athought the Costco tree was actually the best price, it was sort of a funky color green... What a day...

Another qwappy day in the Qwapitol... Warm, muggy, rainy, and so very seasonal... Really puts one in the spirit of the season... Ho Ho Ho... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...