Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PREVIEW 11-14/15---BLACK FRIDAY DEALS AND A BLENDER!

@Kachina624 wrote:

Oh goody, but I'm still waiting for the ultimate deal on flashlights.  The one they had last month didn't do it for me.

@Kachina624  Hi KACHINA I think the poor Q has missed sales opportunities since the flashlight "deals" seem to be few and far between......what a shame!!!  But don't give up hope as the holiday season's progresses perhaps we will see them as a TSV or OTO...keep the faith!! Woman Wink

Enjoy your weekend!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Spurt

Just when I thought your weekly synopsis of the "BEST BLACK FRIDAY DEALS" couldn't get any better -- OMG I am laughing so bad I think my kitties think I've really gone over the edge!!

Those pics of the kitties driving to the mall to find better bargains are hilarious! I don't know where you find these pics but goodness they sure make my day! (Of course, along with your wonderful sense of humor!)-- then again what can we do as long-time Q shoppers but find the humor in the ridiculousness of the offerings! (Perhaps they know I'm approaching my sr. years as they continue to REPEAT AND SHOW- REPEAT AND SHOW- REPEAT AND SHOW the same items ... so maybe, I'll order.  Then my kids can have the opportunity scratch their heads like those on the  hoarders show who find "unopened" boxes from shopping channels when I exit this planet!) 

Not sure what my weekend will bring as I don't need to purchase anything from Q or other places (kids prefer checks).  Perhaps I'll enjoy a day outside where I can actually stay out for awhile since they say in Tampa area is going to be a LOW this weekend of 81! Yippee!!!

Whatever you do, enjoy!  and thanks for another good chuckle!

@homedecor1  Hi HOMEDECOR1  Thank you for your kind comments......

QVC may not be an option in shopping, BUT if you want a good laugh it's always fun to tune in to the Q (better that most sitcoms on the major networks these days)......

You said it very well in your scenario regarding the unopened boxes (merchandise purchased to support their favorite host who after all is such a dear "friend")....Or can you imagine the scene on Christmas day and recipients of the gifts from the Member Of The QVC Fan Club saying, "Gee grandma, thanks for the errr....gift, I still have the same thing you gave me last year, and the year before, and the year before, and year before----no one is as consistent as you in their gift choices"......Woman Tongue Oh that QVC and their Facebook Friends and sales gimmicks Woman Wink!!

81 degrees in November---YIKES!!!  But if that's what you like---ENJOY---get outdoors and far far away from your TV and the Q......I'm enjoying ou 60 degree temps here!!!

Not sure what is going to be on my agenda today---waiting for DS to recover from her practive 1/2 marathon run.....I need to pick up a couple of things at my favorite shopping center and grab lunch.....maybe a movie later???? 

Have a good weekend!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Bellabutterfly wrote:

Oh Spurt...

I so needed a good laugh.  You sure did give me that and more...Oh my, too funny.  My husband is asking me what I am laughing about?  Your the best!  Thank you, for making all of us laugh and smile!

@Bellabutterfly  Hi BELLABUTTERFLY!!! Thank you for your sweet comments and glad it gave you a laugh.....and with all that's happening in this world we need one now and again just to keep our sanity

Take Care! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Oh, the Q, the Q, the Q, the Q, the Q... Second verse, same as the first...

But @stevieb  surely you can't walk away and disregard all these "spectacular" deals QVC is offering----Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL  Oh remember how several of us were talking about never receiving an EP offer.....well low and behold, what do I receive in my mailbox is a card and an EP offer from QVC---well, well, well.....coincidence or does someone actually read these Forums...interesting!!!  

I kinda figure you will make other plans rather than watching QVC and hope you have an enjoyable day!!! 

I put up all my Christmas stuff on Veterans Day......I got it done for several reasons, I may go out of town for Turkey Day and wanted to get it all up before then to be able to relax and enjoy all my hard work!!! And was inspired by some videos that folks had posted of people and their Christmas homes....My DS took some photos of my stuff and posted it on her FB Page and I got a lot of offers---they wanted to hire me to do their decorating....I might have discovered a temporary career in decorating---watch out LM...Woman Wink Woman Very Happy

BTW I checked out LM's Holiday Home show---and I think I will send a case of ointment for what I'm sure has to be a sore back if ya know what I mean.....Woman Wink  I mean really she collaborates with so many vendors you'd think she was running for office.....Her sleigh was not all that JMHO---it did sell out though.  The only thing I thought were nice were the ornaments where she partnered with David Dingle and Joan River's team---the 2 cardinal ornaments were very nice! But no didn't buy---but was tempted...

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

Hi @Spurt well another QVC free weekend for me. I may watch AM style for a while but anything after that is a total bust.

Holy cow!  How on earth did someone get a cow in a sweater? And where did they find one that big?  Amazing!  I love the look of the orange kitty frowning deeply -- that's how I feel some days.

As always the animal pics are fun to see. 

I agree with "watch football" as the alternative.  Thanks for the great and funny summary, Spurt.  It is always a treat.

@GinaV24  Hi GINA---

And AM STYLE is also a total bust these days---I mean come on not ONE, but TWO presentations of the TSV---beauty, beauty, beauty---don't these products have their own shows every day of the week---can't we see CLOTHING!!! (although most of their "designers" leave much to be desired).....and what has happened to D&C---I mean come on a D&C coat for $63 plus the S&H---I remember the D&C fleece coat I purchased for $29....my my the prices have just gone through the roof!!!   And speaking of coats---it seems like it's nothing but a coat brigade anyway not much interest in the warmer climates---a long sleeve top meets out needs so far this year.....

Glad you enjoyed the photos....the animals always have the perfect expression of what we are feeling--LOL!

Take Care!

Honored Contributor

@Vickiv wrote:

Thank you Spurt for a great laugh! I needed that. You bring joy every week I look forward to your posts. That boat from China must really go back and forth pretty fast. It's the same old same old. If my husband for Christmas ever gave me a mattress,blender,vacuum cleaner,or any of the cooking gadgets they sell on the Q. He would be on my naughty list forever. 

@Vickiv  Hi VICKIV---thanks for your kind words!!! 

I can't quite figure out the reports about the Chinese economy struggling when those factories must be booming manufacturing all those products for QVC.......

I concur, if anyone gave me a mattress, blender, vacuum, or callous remover or epilator for Christmas---they would be on my NAUGHTY LIST too!!!

Christmas List Clip Art

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Wonderful, @Spurt

These highlight each week for me.  They are such a pleasure to read.  (I'm running out of ways to compliment you!)  

@GingerPeach  Thanks for your continued support---glad you enjoyed the post!

Have a great weekend!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Oh, the Q, the Q, the Q, the Q, the Q... Second verse, same as the first...

But @stevieb  surely you can't walk away and disregard all these "spectacular" deals QVC is offering----Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL  Oh remember how several of us were talking about never receiving an EP offer.....well low and behold, what do I receive in my mailbox is a card and an EP offer from QVC---well, well, well.....coincidence or does someone actually read these Forums...interesting!!!  

I kinda figure you will make other plans rather than watching QVC and hope you have an enjoyable day!!! 

I put up all my Christmas stuff on Veterans Day......I got it done for several reasons, I may go out of town for Turkey Day and wanted to get it all up before then to be able to relax and enjoy all my hard work!!! And was inspired by some videos that folks had posted of people and their Christmas homes....My DS took some photos of my stuff and posted it on her FB Page and I got a lot of offers---they wanted to hire me to do their decorating....I might have discovered a temporary career in decorating---watch out LM...Woman Wink Woman Very Happy

BTW I checked out LM's Holiday Home show---and I think I will send a case of ointment for what I'm sure has to be a sore back if ya know what I mean.....Woman Wink  I mean really she collaborates with so many vendors you'd think she was running for office.....Her sleigh was not all that JMHO---it did sell out though.  The only thing I thought were nice were the ornaments where she partnered with David Dingle and Joan River's team---the 2 cardinal ornaments were very nice! But no didn't buy---but was tempted...

Well congrats upon congrats to you @Spurt on receiving the highly coveted Q holiday EP card... I must be the only person remaining who hasn't been so graced... As I've said elsewhere on these boards, it's annoying but not the cause celebre it might have been in days gone by... Although I've long been pointing out there's really so little they have anymore that I want, there are a couple of items I'd have purchased as gifts, but, well, no EP for me so no sale for them... Alternatively, I do have about three hundred dollars worth of merchandise in my shopping cart elsewhere. There may be no EP involved, but the prices are good and the shipping is free...

I haven't even thought about holiday decorating yet... It's alot lke the Q for me these days in that the thrill is SO gone... But yes, back in the day when I'd pull out all the stops, I had folks suggesting I come to their house and did actually do the windows for one of the stores in a local mall...  But that was then and as for now, as previously noted, simplicity will be my byword going forward. Besides, I'm still enjoying the bit of fall decorating I did...

I'm sure La Marm had at least a few lovely things, in HER show, but as noted I cannot abide HER, so didn't watch, even for a minute. But hey, with any luck, the Q will soon be offering up lengthy and repetitive presentations of a linament to ease one's aching back. SHE can be their first customer and can, in fact, regale HER audience with HER role in having created and developed it... Sheesh, I wish SHE'D follow LIsa's lead and move on... The only difference is I wouldn't miss HER a bit. Not a bit.

Not planning to add at all to my holiday decorating cache but should I do so anyway, it'll be based on a planned trip (or two) to Homegoods, possibly even later today, and NOT based on watching or shopping QVC... And yes, dear Spurt, although I have no big plans for the weekend, Q viewing is not among them... certainly not at all tomorrow... You too, enjoy your day.

Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb---Oh something I failed to mention---their was a catch to the Q EP offer too---it had to be on an item valued over $50---- They seem to be doing anything and everything to boost their average price per unit sold......LOL!!!! 

Enjoy your Home Goods shopping trip---I'm sure you will see some lovely things......

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb---Oh something I failed to mention---their was a catch to the Q EP offer too---it had to be on an item valued over $50---- They seem to be doing anything and everything to boost their average price per unit sold......LOL!!!! 

Enjoy your Home Goods shopping trip---I'm sure you will see some lovely things......

I think @Spurt that has always been the case. Of course, I can't answer definitively, you know, since it's been so darned long since I actually received the card...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...