Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PREVIEW 1/9-10--SPOILED DAY AND SHEEP SHEEP SHEEP!

awww sorry you didn't see the bag you were interested in, Stevieb. your description of the shows w/o sound though is really funny and the order of the lineup makes a person wonder, too.
Honored Contributor

@katiescarlett wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

It's raining again here too @katiescarlett... It's getting to be rather unbelievable... I think we had maybe three sunny or semi-sunny and cool days here this week... It clouded up Thursday and has been cloudy and/or rainy ever since... Lovely...

The flood warnings have not come down since October!  It was warm over the holiday break, but I was really sick of clouds and gloomy skies.  Of course, the sun was out the first day back at work.

Wierd weather... just wierd... It's been gloomy here since Thursday, rained Friday and yesterday, today was about sixty, windy, with a mix of sun and gloom, tomorrow's supposed to top out in the 30's... Who knows what season it is...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:
hope you got to see your bag, @stevieb, I watched a bit of AM style but then had lots of errands to run Saturday so I skipped all of QVC.

The host matters? ha, who would have thought!

I hear an ad running for Fashion night out -- but I didn't pay attention to the date/time or hosts. if it works with my schedule, I may watch and see if there is any "fashion" presented, otherwise, I'll pass.

@GinaV24 Never have seen the bag... As for fashion's night out... I could probably tolerate one of those hosts for the short haul, but the other one is a complete deal breaker. I might tune in just to see how it starts out, but am not anticipating closing this one down...

Woman Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Another in a long, long, long (did I say long) series of non-Q weekends for me... I tried (really I did) to watch PM Style this week, but 'perky' really isn't the word for it... I gave up. I do want to try to see the Halston show tomorrow, as they actually have an item I find appealing. I'm so hoping it won't be an endurance test and that the item of interest is mercifully shown early in the show... Other than that, no way the Q figures in my plans... 

@stevieb  Stevie, Stevie, Stevie.......come on now......girl you knew what you were getting into when you TRIED (and emphasis on TRIED) to watch PM STYLE ......but I hope you stay tuned to see what this week's host's Playlist included (what would a fashion/beauty show be without that)...... I hope the Halston Show included an acceptable host---good luck with that.....hey, too bad the host wasn't the former social correspondent Woman Wink  or  "your man" ........ Woman Very Happy

Believe me @Spurt, I'd have been well pleased HAD the host been the former social correspondent... and that's saying something... As it turns out, it was far, far worse and there was nothing, uh, 'inspired'... about it...  I turned the volume down about half way through. Between her and the almost equally as annoying vendor, I just couldn't take it... I mean it seriously Spurt, after what amounts to an absence, I just don't see how people watch this mess anymore...

@stevieb  I flipped the channels during a commercial of the college football championship game and what I saw was a host that looked bored with her job and was forcing herself and just going through the motions and you can feel it through the TV screen....a far cry from the previous host!!  Ya know despite all the selfies from the Social Correspondent, she would probably be a better replacement...who would've thought!!!  It amazes me that the Q can attract viewers let alone make sales--as you said WHAT A MESS!!-Woman Tongue

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Fona wrote:

SPURT:  I don't know how you do it but each week your photos get better and better.  This week I particularly love the little Siamese kitten sleeping with his head on his stomach (under the photo of the dog with his bottom in the air).  That kitten is so endearing.  And, of course, any photo of Grumpy Cat just makes my day - although I do admit to loving those sheep, too.  Please keep on posting every week just as you always do - you have a great style.  Your posts give me an often much needed smile.

@Fona  Hi FONA---glad the photos gave you a smile......I like Grumpy Cat too.....sometimes he says EXACTLY what I'm thinking or wish I could say Woman LOL  My aunt had a siamese cat much like the kitten in the photo and he was such a sweetie and very smart......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@Spurt, love them.  Keep those clever pictures with captions coming!!!!💜💜😁

@MoJoV  Thanks for your support Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@peggyhbsl wrote:

OMG You just MADE my DAY!!! Best post EVER!!!!!!

@peggyhbsl  Hi Peggyhbsl Glad you liked it!Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katiescarlett wrote:

It had cooled down a bit, in the upper 40's to lower 50's.  It was not bad for my lesson  this morning although it was cloudy and drizzly, but I was comfortable in a t-shirt under a sweatshirt.  But we don't need more rain!  There are still places under water from October floods, places near the rivers.  It will probably be dry as a bone this summer.  They are calling for above average precipitation, hope that does not mean ice and snow, hate the stuff.  I worry about losing power because then I lose water.  I have a generator but I am getting too old to be pulling a pull cord.  I might have to upgrade to an electric start.

Of course, work has been quiet, the calm before the storm, 30,000 students will be back in classes on Monday. ARGH.  Can't wait to be walked into by texting students who don't watch where they are going.  They are all going to have arthritis in their thumbs before they are 30.

The animals are fine, Gidget got a new coat, a pretty cream/rust fair isle pattern fleece coat.  And she got a new Christmas sweater on clearance at PetSmart after the holidays.  I am now looking at a blanket for one of my horses, Bandit.  They are going on clearance now and are getting marked down to more affordable prices.   I started my beagle mix, Bunny, on cranberry tablets.  The horses got their feet trimmed on New Year's Day by the horseshoer, and got dewormed.  They were not happy about that! 

One of my best friends was just involved in a surrender of 23 horses by an elderly woman in Orangeburg.  The woman took them in hoping to rehab them and things got out of hand, could not afford it, so called the authorities.   Two had to be put down, one dropped dead in front of my friend, the others are now in rescues.  They are not pressing charges against the woman as her heart was in the right place and she at least called in authorities on herself.  They think some of the mares might be pregnant, too.  My friend called in the national ASPCA who donated food, halters, hay, vet care, etc.

Re:  the "cheerleaders" a poster commented that she loved WEN but had to stop using it because of hair loss.  Boy, the comments were downright poisonous!  Even though she said she loved the product!  I swear, it is like a cult!  And two people, one who posted here, and her buddy, who I will not name, are so darn snarky.  They think we can't have a little fun at Q's  expense......

@katiescarlett

I hope things ran smoothly Monday and you were able to dodge 30,000 smart phone zombies....LOL!!!! 

It sounds like all your critters got some nice gifts.......

It just breaks my heart to see some of the horses they rescue around these parts too.....so sad...It was good that the woman realized that she was in over her head and called the authorities so the animals could get help...Too many just don't know what to do and the animals end up abandonded and starved to death......It was nice of the ASPCA to help out with the efforts.  I'm a member of the ASPCA Guardians and the ASPCA does a lot of  great work!!! 

As for the "cleansing fans"...... yep some are very upset over the litigation that is in process so its a sensitive subject with them.....they just can't come to terms that someone would actually have the nerve to bring a suit against their beloved "entrepreneur"....... They are much like the "change the channel" gang......

Glad to hear that S.Carolina is doing well in basketball......

Take Care!

Honored Contributor

@NC Bandwagon wrote:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-nJnWPbNM_YbXYKKWVEsa7eosTZq1-1Rsk3tQ0-bllBJ1llBltw

Hee hee hee hee hee hee!!! I like this little chubby puppy with his tongue sticking out. You can tell he's sleeping, but it looks like he's going, "Bleeeeeeeeeeeeh!" Smiley LOL

By the way, why are mattresses and computers always sold on the weekends? Smiley Indifferent

Anyway, I like the pictures of the animals you post, SPURT. Especially the kitties who always look offended. Smiley Tongue

@NC Bandwagon  That hubby puppy is a cutie and makes a statement better than I ever could...LOL!!! 

NCBANDWAGON that is one of the mysteries of life.....why would QVC chose the weekend when after chores are done, people are apt to relax and turn on the TV and there doesn't seem to be much of competition on the network or cable shows either....so it seems QVC would chose to bring out it's most intriguing wares to catch the viewer's eye and make a sale, instead of THE SAME TIRED OLE LINEUPS!!!  ....

Glad you likd the pix....Take Care!

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:
hope you got to see your bag, @stevieb, I watched a bit of AM style but then had lots of errands to run Saturday so I skipped all of QVC.

The host matters? ha, who would have thought!

I hear an ad running for Fashion night out -- but I didn't pay attention to the date/time or hosts. if it works with my schedule, I may watch and see if there is any "fashion" presented, otherwise, I'll pass.

@GinaV24 @stevieb  yep hosts do matter....QVC's "new" Monday Night Lineup is irritating and unwatchable.....I can withstand maybe 1 or 2 minutes before I have to grab the remote.....

BTW Stevie was the Halston bag a tote style.....I think I saw it on AM Style....