Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PREVIEW 1/9-10--SPOILED DAY AND SHEEP SHEEP SHEEP!

[ Edited ]

@GinaV24 wrote:

@stevieb I started to watch IM's show on Monday night (after I got home from yoga) but it was so "interesting" that I fell asleep.  Never bother with PM Style any more.  I'll watch the early news rather than put up with the silliness.

good luck watching the halston show! 

@GinaV24  @jackthebearAfter Monday Night Football and/or Dancing With The Stars completed their TV runs in the past I'd watch PM STYLE---But since the Q revamped their "fashion night" it's become a NO WATCH ZONE for me too......I think QVC needs to make some changes, but realistically I know they will prefer to maintain their "status quo" and continue on with this new and not so entertaining concept.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@lynnsy wrote:

Looks like the "insider" has Sleep Number Beds schedule for end of month... oh boy oh joy.. (eyes rolling here)

I selected "new arrivals" to see what is new these days to QVC. Oh My someone is thinking a new clearance price means a "new item"... only thing I can figure as to why a Carole Hockman pj set is showing as new arrival with clearance price and rated with 2 stars with responses being Nov. 2011 - Dec 2011 time frame. 

Wonder if the jammies were hanging with the famous "road kill coat" out in the warehouse all these years?   

Looking like a Netflix weekend for me..

@vicalynn  One of the joys of being a QVC customer is trying to understand QVC's unique interpretations and definitions of words.....and one of the words with a quirky meaning is "NEW".......perhaps the PJ set is "new" because it's a "new flashback item" and an encore appearance from 2011............Woman Frustrated

Enjoy watching Netflix!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@GinaV24 wrote:

@stevieb I started to watch IM's show on Monday night (after I got home from yoga) but it was so "interesting" that I fell asleep.  Never bother with PM Style any more.  I'll watch the early news rather than put up with the silliness.

I'll need it @GinaV24. It just came on and is being hosted by Amy... Two hours is asking a lot. Like I said, I can only hope the bag I want to see is presented early, but I'll bet it won't be. I'm just hoping it will be presented, because the prospect of two hours of this torture and then not even seeing what I tuned in to see, well, it's just too much to endure...  She also just announced that she and Shawn will be bringing a fashion show live from NYC coming up soon. Another Q 'event' I'll skip. As it turns out, the host really does matter...

@stevieb....Stevie I don't know how QVC makes a "perfect" match with shows we want to see with just our "favorite" hosts.......some would call it a special gift....Woman Wink

OMG....NO! NO! NO not the NYC fashion week show with the same ole QVC clothes presented in NYC but using those FAKE cardboard sets of NYC instead of actually being at the real fashion week???????Woman Frustrated  

Honored Contributor

@3cupcakes wrote:

@Spurt  Thanks for my favorite end of the week laugh.  

Ooooh, the kitty in the cereal box!  I swear that was me after a q "day of hooks" recently.  Oh, my head.  .....& I did turn the channel.  

i really enjoy your posts.  Keep them up! we need all the laughs in life we can get!  😊

cupcake, who loves dogs & a good laugh. 😊

@3cupcakes  Hey 3CUPCAKES---- No one expresses our feelings for QVC then some of these furbaby photos!!!   I feel like grabbing a cereal box myself and hiding from this weekend's lineup too--LOL!!!  

Thank you for your nice comments.....and glad you appreciate a little humor in today's world we all need some! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@GinaV24Right, I don't have to read it and I don't get past one cat, but since you're being so helpful to explain that, let me explain to you, I'm also entiitled to my opinion.  It's every bit as valid as yours.  Not better, not worse, equal.  

Opinions are only as good as the facts on which they are based -  we just use a different set of facts as we reach different opinions.  Probably always will.

@millieshops

Image result for grumpy cat captain obvious

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katiescarlett wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

Pretty funny.  Your complaint is pretty much the same one you always make and with the same pictures.  So why not you do something new?  You don't even have to get 50,000 people to spend their money and you do the same thing over and over.  Boring -  and probably now convincing only to those who already believe what you do and maybe a cat lover here and there.

You end up preaching to the choir -  I'm out of here.

Ah, the cheerleaders are chiming in!  You know, those of us who read SPURT's weekly post enjoy the tongue-in-cheek poking fun at the repetitious weekend offerings of QVC, with the bonus of great pictures!  

Your snarky remarks are what are boring, no matter what thread you post on with your buddy (who, as you say, believes what you do), and we all know who that is.  

So, my suggestion is that if you don't like this weekly thread, then don't read it!  The rest of us will continue to enjoy it, the comments, the pictures, and adding our own thoughts!

And in response to your comment "I'm out of here"  .....good riddance!

@katiescarlett  Hey KATIE.....gee I thought someone was "out of here".......Woman LOL And the Pollyannas won't let anyone write a SUGGESTION in the SUGGESTION BOX.....

So is it still warm and balmy in SC or did you finally get some seasonal weather? 

Gee I wonder if the "ole ball coach" is tempted into coming back to the NFL with so many vacancies available????....he can make millions, then probably get fired after one year if the team doesn't go to the Super Bowl---better odds than buying a Power Ball ticket.....take the money and then run......LOL!!!   Some are wondering if Alabama's Nick Saban will come back to the NFL if he beats Clemson and wins another College Championship.........

So how are Gidget and your lab, horses, and other critters doing......

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Oh my gosh... I haven't watched the Q in so long and now I'm reminded why... After being pretty much a non-viewer for most of the last year, I tried to endure both PM Style and a two hour Halston show this week... Wow, it's like watching as a newbie all over again. Given that perspective, I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone tuning in now for the first time would stay tuned in or would ever come back... Holy cow, the shows are so frantic and yet move so slowly they're akin to watching a soap opera... so much drama that never goes anywhere... Without fail, they're spending 20 or more minutes on virtually every item... HELLO.  IT'S BORING... And yes, it's true, they need to reign in their hosts and their vendors, who are just too annoying too much of the time.

@stevieb  excellent description of what is going on now, especially the Monday night Fashion programming, I used to watch it, but now I don't tune in at all.  It is a mess.  PMStyle needed a rework but not this

I know @jackthebear, I used to be a Monday night fixture and while I realize the format needed tweaking, this is SO not an improvement. I won't be watching again any time soon... The terms 'hot mess' and 'train wreck' get thrown around here a lot... but really, there's a reason...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Another in a long, long, long (did I say long) series of non-Q weekends for me... I tried (really I did) to watch PM Style this week, but 'perky' really isn't the word for it... I gave up. I do want to try to see the Halston show tomorrow, as they actually have an item I find appealing. I'm so hoping it won't be an endurance test and that the item of interest is mercifully shown early in the show... Other than that, no way the Q figures in my plans... 

@stevieb  Stevie, Stevie, Stevie.......come on now......girl you knew what you were getting into when you TRIED (and emphasis on TRIED) to watch PM STYLE ......but I hope you stay tuned to see what this week's host's Playlist included (what would a fashion/beauty show be without that)...... I hope the Halston Show included an acceptable host---good luck with that.....hey, too bad the host wasn't the former social correspondent Woman Wink  or  "your man" ........ Woman Very Happy

Believe me @Spurt, I'd have been well pleased HAD the host been the former social correspondent... and that's saying something... As it turns out, it was far, far worse and there was nothing, uh, 'inspired'... about it...  I turned the volume down about half way through. Between her and the almost equally as annoying vendor, I just couldn't take it... I mean it seriously Spurt, after what amounts to an absence, I just don't see how people watch this mess anymore...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@GinaV24 wrote:

I'll need it @GinaV24. It just came on and is being hosted by Amy... Two hours is asking a lot. Like I said, I can only hope the bag I want to see is presented early, but I'll bet it won't be. I'm just hoping it will be presented, because the prospect of two hours of this torture and then not even seeing what I tuned in to see, well, it's just too much to endure...  She also just announced that she and Shawn will be bringing a fashion show live from NYC coming up soon. Another Q 'event' I'll skip. As it turns out, the host really does matter...

@stevieb....Stevie I don't know how QVC makes a "perfect" match with shows we want to see with just our "favorite" hosts.......some would call it a special gift....Woman Wink

OMG....NO! NO! NO not the NYC fashion week show with the same ole QVC clothes presented in NYC but using those FAKE cardboard sets of NYC instead of actually being at the real fashion week???????Woman Frustrated  

Yes @Spurt another Q sortie to NYC... I thought they stopped doing them, but I guess they're pulling out all the stops trying to get the faithful to bond with the New Queen Bee and her faithful sidekick, as they did with Lisa... Good luck with that... Shawn can be a very good host (when she's not trying too hard...) and clearly had a niche at QVC, but I'm not sure the Queen Bee role fits her. As for the other one, they should just cut their losses and quit trying to make her into something she's never going to be... the term 'remotedly watchable' comes to mind... Anyway, I left the Q on sans volume and the Halston show was followed by Albany... presenting all those beauty 'appliances'. It was quite a stitch to watch them presenting the hair removal 'appliance' followed in short order by the hair growing 'helmet'... That was followed by a diamond show, which I half way actually watched... And then it was La Marm... Off it went... There are some things I just refuse to endure...

And after all that, can you believe it, they never did show the bag I was hoping to see...

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Well now I think this might be a first...  We all know there are those... who seek out every Q-critical thread and arrive in time to dispute the criticisms and sing their praises. The reasons aren't particularly clear... Employees? We're told no... Stockholders? Who knows... Regardless... going onto a thread where one knows what one is going to find and then getting mad when they find it, well, that pretty much ices it, even if the articulation isn't precisely clear.  Out of here, you say? Well, that works, and please, don't let the screen door hit ya...

@stevieb  Well said....I just don't understand why people waste so much of their valuable time on a thread that contains content that they don't like---Gee, since they love to give us "valuable" advice, I'd like to recipocate---my option for them would be to just move along and go write a nice gushy note on the host's FB page or something .....BTW do the QVC DEFENDERS have their own t-shirts....

Q Defenders... Great idea @Spurt... Maybe our Lady of the Liquid Knit could come up with a dozen or so. That should pretty much cover it... They can sell them at a featured price and offer reduced shipping... Of course, those interested better size up AND size down, because I'm told one never actually knows what sizes mean around here these days... The alternative could be cheerleading sweaters from Denim and Company or from QF, you know, for those who like a little bling with their pompoms... Shoes provided by Vionics, of course...  Just hope the cheerio-defenders don't mind having their legs marked up...

Woman Wink