Valued Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PREVIEW 1/9-10--SPOILED DAY AND SHEEP SHEEP SHEEP!

@millieshops wrote:

Pretty funny.  Your complaint is pretty much the same one you always make and with the same pictures.  So why not you do something new?  You don't even have to get 50,000 people to spend their money and you do the same thing over and over.  Boring -  and probably now convincing only to those who already believe what you do and maybe a cat lover here and there.

You end up preaching to the choir -  I'm out of here.

Ah, the cheerleaders are chiming in!  You know, those of us who read SPURT's weekly post enjoy the tongue-in-cheek poking fun at the repetitious weekend offerings of QVC, with the bonus of great pictures!  

Your snarky remarks are what are boring, no matter what thread you post on with your buddy (who, as you say, believes what you do), and we all know who that is.  

So, my suggestion is that if you don't like this weekly thread, then don't read it!  The rest of us will continue to enjoy it, the comments, the pictures, and adding our own thoughts!

And in response to your comment "I'm out of here"  .....good riddance!

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Valued Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@GinaV24Right, I don't have to read it and I don't get past one cat, but since you're being so helpful to explain that, let me explain to you, I'm also entiitled to my opinion.  It's every bit as valid as yours.  Not better, not worse, equal.  

Opinions are only as good as the facts on which they are based -  we just use a different set of facts as we reach different opinions.  Probably always will.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, just as SPURT is entitled to write her weekly post without changing it as you suggested earlier.  Just as we are entitled to have fun with it. 

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Oh my gosh... I haven't watched the Q in so long and now I'm reminded why... After being pretty much a non-viewer for most of the last year, I tried to endure both PM Style and a two hour Halston show this week... Wow, it's like watching as a newbie all over again. Given that perspective, I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone tuning in now for the first time would stay tuned in or would ever come back... Holy cow, the shows are so frantic and yet move so slowly they're akin to watching a soap opera... so much drama that never goes anywhere... Without fail, they're spending 20 or more minutes on virtually every item... HELLO.  IT'S BORING... And yes, it's true, they need to reign in their hosts and their vendors, who are just too annoying too much of the time.

@stevieb  excellent description of what is going on now, especially the Monday night Fashion programming, I used to watch it, but now I don't tune in at all.  It is a mess.  PMStyle needed a rework but not this

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Well now I think this might be a first...  We all know there are those... who seek out every Q-critical thread and arrive in time to dispute the criticisms and sing their praises. The reasons aren't particularly clear... Employees? We're told no... Stockholders? Who knows... Regardless... going onto a thread where one knows what one is going to find and then getting mad when they find it, well, that pretty much ices it, even if the articulation isn't precisely clear.  Out of here, you say? Well, that works, and please, don't let the screen door hit ya...

@stevieb  Well said....I just don't understand why people waste so much of their valuable time on a thread that contains content that they don't like---Gee, since they love to give us "valuable" advice, I'd like to recipocate---my option for them would be to just move along and go write a nice gushy note on the host's FB page or something .....BTW do the QVC DEFENDERS have their own t-shirts....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

Another in a long, long, long (did I say long) series of non-Q weekends for me... I tried (really I did) to watch PM Style this week, but 'perky' really isn't the word for it... I gave up. I do want to try to see the Halston show tomorrow, as they actually have an item I find appealing. I'm so hoping it won't be an endurance test and that the item of interest is mercifully shown early in the show... Other than that, no way the Q figures in my plans... 

@stevieb  Stevie, Stevie, Stevie.......come on now......girl you knew what you were getting into when you TRIED (and emphasis on TRIED) to watch PM STYLE ......but I hope you stay tuned to see what this week's host's Playlist included (what would a fashion/beauty show be without that)...... I hope the Halston Show included an acceptable host---good luck with that.....hey, too bad the host wasn't the former social correspondent Woman Wink  or  "your man" ........ Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@millieshops

What? It's parody meant to be sarcastic and funny! And yes I love kitties!

@Spurt

Q continues to give you great material! Cute pics but I agree this weekend much of the same ole' same ole' but then again my purchases will only be what I won't find in B&M stores.

Which I will be spending a lot of time these next few days -- searching for formal dress for upcoming wedding.  Hubby will be enjoying quiet Sunday watching the NFL playoffs.

Have a great weekend!

@homedecor1  Thanks for your support and kind words....you'd think the animal pix would at least make a person smile.....

.Happy shopping and I hope you find the perfect dress at a great price for that upcoming wedding!!!  And tell your DH happy NFL Playoff watching!!! 

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

Spurt, you continue to take lemons and make lemonade. Yet another weekend with the same repetitive handful of products. The sleeping white dog with his tush in the air made me LOL. And the dog and cats in yoga positions-- so funny. 

No "screen time" for my tv this weekend on the Q channel, for sure. Have a good weekend, and again, thanks for the entertainment.

@handygal2  Hey HANDYGAL----I think QVC tries very hard to SCARE customers away instead of attracting them with their weekend programming---SHEESH!!!  "Leg art" and mattresses ..... ZZZZZZZZZZ

Have a good weekend!  I'm glad you like the post and pet pix....

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Spurt--

I'm a *first time viewer* of your comedy and found it funny. 

And if I saw a repeat this time next year, it will still be funny.

@Lucky Charm  THANK YOU! Glad you enjoyed it.....and contrary to not so popular opinions....I DO try hard not to repeat photos......oh those critics....Woman WinkWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

Pretty funny.  Your complaint is pretty much the same one you always make and with the same pictures.  So why not you do something new?  You don't even have to get 50,000 people to spend their money and you do the same thing over and over.  Boring -  and probably now convincing only to those who already believe what you do and maybe a cat lover here and there.

You end up preaching to the choir -  I'm out of here.

Well now I think this might be a first...  We all know there are those... who seek out every Q-critical thread and arrive in time to dispute the criticisms and sing their praises. The reasons aren't particularly clear... Employees? We're told no... Stockholders? Who knows... Regardless... going onto a thread where one knows what one is going to find and then getting mad when they find it, well, that pretty much ices it, even if the articulation isn't precisely clear.  Out of here, you say? Well, that works, and please, don't let the screen door hit ya...

I was about to respond and saw yours.  I couldn't say it better.

@CalminHeart  And thanks for your support CALMIN! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

Hmmm, somehow I think I can find another way to be spoiled on Saturday rather than watching the Vionic presentation over and over again.  As a matter of fact, I know I can!  I have an appointment to have my hair and nails done.  Time to relax!

Sorry to hear about Carolyn's loss of her furbaby - that is always a difficult thing to go thru.

Oh and I will sooo skip the sheep and stick to football -- even if there are teams I don't care about playing that day, it is way better IMO than kitchen and bed presentations.

As always I am smiling as I read your preview post, Spurt and look at all the fun photos.

Take care

@GinaV24  Gee the outlook for QVC shows isn't very inviting....and they even repeated a previous weekend concept as well......Woman Tongue  I see you've lined up some fun alternatives

Glad the photos made you smile.....

Take Care!

HAPPY NFL WATCHING & HTTR! Woman Very Happy