Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PREVIEW 1/16-17-WHAT A BEAUTY! AND TIME TO GET LAZY!

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb  Hey STEVIE I hope you had a good weekend with good weather.....

Saturday I just did volunteer work and went to movies (Star Wars) and Saturday evening after the movie I came home, collapsed on the couch and watched the second game of the NFL playoffs (Cards/Pack)......And then Sunday was awakened to someone pounding just when I thought I'd sleep in....it was one of my neighbors 2 houses down building something at 7AM???????!!!!!!!  Crazy??????  I don't know the neighbor well, she is a little older than me, her son and grand kids live in town and come to see her often.....and it was her son doing the hammering!!!  What a way to start the day.....Woman Tongue  Then I just watched football all day Sunday....

There's an interesting bashing Wally World thread regarding their store closings (none here)....but I think they are picking and choosing their battles and closing mostly their Wal Mart Express/Neighborhood Stores....we have one here, built near a fancy subdivision (people didnt want them there), Wally built any way and no one shops there...Oh and Wally is concentrating on expanding overseas too, just like QVC and Brazil is also one of Wally's target places too....what the heck is going on in Brazil that U.S. retailers are making it a gathering place!!!  I guess they are striking now with the U.S. $ being strong perhaps who knows how the minds of the retail moguls work!!!  Stranger than any Sci Fi movie if you ask me....

No Q watching for me at all---did not watch any of the beauty shows nor the La-Z-Boy shows either.....BTW what is QVC doing with all these hosts having added 3 more...some speculate to do live shows on Q Plus....it seems just recording and taping would be a better solution since they show the same stuff so often....

Have a good week!

Oh brother @Spurt, you just have to love these weekend Harry Homeowners getting started at the crack of dawn... Around here there's a law that you have to wait until at least eight, though that's not much better when trying to sleep in... 

Weather wise, as noted in another post, it appears winter has arrived in The Qwapitol, but we'll see how long it lasts and, of course, whether the prognostications are worth the paper they're printed on...

I think Walmart felt into the same boat as so many retailers have done over the years... Their success led them to go hog-wild opening additional stores and then they found out there just isn't enough business to sustain them all... For some retailers, this plan actually led to their ultimate demise, but I suspect it won't in this instance... My immediate area has three, but none of them is a "super" store, which might actually be really useful. One is a 'regular' mart, one is mostly food and I believe the third is another run of the mill Walmart., but having only been in it twice over the course of many years, can't really say.. I go to any of them only occasionally because the shopping experience is lacking...

I have no idea (and even less interest...) what the Q is up to and specifically why oh why they keep hiring hosts when they don't even use some of the better ones (the name Alberti comes to mind) they already have... Instead, they keep assigning more and more shows (same products, of course...) to those I simply can't and won't watch... and let's face it, we all know who they are... La Marm, for one, and then take your pick of those who have pretty much commandeered Monday nights, one of whom is simply overexposed and the other of whom just annoys on every level... QVC, (like Walmart), can over-step and begin broadcasting on each and every available channel and unless they change up their act, freshen up their merchandise and instruct their hosts to take it down about a half dozen notches, I still won't be tuning in...

You too, Spurt, have a good week... And incidentally, I see there's plenty of fodder for merriment coming up next weekend... with YET another day of Dyson on Saturday and a full day spent in that kitchen on Sunday... Such innovation... such variety... such non-starters... such Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt@stevieb: News flash: The much heralded-- and oft-discussed here-- Dooney Logo Lock bag is being discontinued/retired and sold on clearance! Who would have thought??

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@Spurt@stevieb: News flash: The much heralded-- and oft-discussed here-- Dooney Logo Lock bag is being discontinued/retired and sold on clearance! Who would have thought??

Awwww Handy @handygal2, you got my hopes up... But when I look it up on the site, there about a half dozen colors on clearance, but the other dozen or so seem to still be there at the full price...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

Awwww Handy @handygal2, you got my hopes up... But when I look it up on the site, there about a half dozen colors on clearance, but the other dozen or so seem to still be there at the full price...

@stevieb: Perhaps they will mark down the others after they sell off the first wave of clearance colors?

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb: Perhaps they will mark down the others after they sell off the first wave of clearance colors?

OMG @handygal2 (@Spurt too) the world as we know it MUST be coming to an end... No more Logo Lock... I am shocked !! 

Valued Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb  Hey STEVIE I hope you had a good weekend with good weather.....

Saturday I just did volunteer work and went to movies (Star Wars) and Saturday evening after the movie I came home, collapsed on the couch and watched the second game of the NFL playoffs (Cards/Pack)......And then Sunday was awakened to someone pounding just when I thought I'd sleep in....it was one of my neighbors 2 houses down building something at 7AM???????!!!!!!!  Crazy??????  I don't know the neighbor well, she is a little older than me, her son and grand kids live in town and come to see her often.....and it was her son doing the hammering!!!  What a way to start the day.....Woman Tongue  Then I just watched football all day Sunday....

There's an interesting bashing Wally World thread regarding their store closings (none here)....but I think they are picking and choosing their battles and closing mostly their Wal Mart Express/Neighborhood Stores....we have one here, built near a fancy subdivision (people didnt want them there), Wally built any way and no one shops there...Oh and Wally is concentrating on expanding overseas too, just like QVC and Brazil is also one of Wally's target places too....what the heck is going on in Brazil that U.S. retailers are making it a gathering place!!!  I guess they are striking now with the U.S. $ being strong perhaps who knows how the minds of the retail moguls work!!!  Stranger than any Sci Fi movie if you ask me....

No Q watching for me at all---did not watch any of the beauty shows nor the La-Z-Boy shows either.....BTW what is QVC doing with all these hosts having added 3 more...some speculate to do live shows on Q Plus....it seems just recording and taping would be a better solution since they show the same stuff so often....

Have a good week!

Oh brother @Spurt, you just have to love these weekend Harry Homeowners getting started at the crack of dawn... Around here there's a law that you have to wait until at least eight, though that's not much better when trying to sleep in... 

Weather wise, as noted in another post, it appears winter has arrived in The Qwapitol, but we'll see how long it lasts and, of course, whether the prognostications are worth the paper they're printed on...

I think Walmart felt into the same boat as so many retailers have done over the years... Their success led them to go hog-wild opening additional stores and then they found out there just isn't enough business to sustain them all... For some retailers, this plan actually led to their ultimate demise, but I suspect it won't in this instance... My immediate area has three, but none of them is a "super" store, which might actually be really useful. One is a 'regular' mart, one is mostly food and I believe the third is another run of the mill Walmart., but having only been in it twice over the course of many years, can't really say.. I go to any of them only occasionally because the shopping experience is lacking...

I have no idea (and even less interest...) what the Q is up to and specifically why oh why they keep hiring hosts when they don't even use some of the better ones (the name Alberti comes to mind) they already have... Instead, they keep assigning more and more shows (same products, of course...) to those I simply can't and won't watch... and let's face it, we all know who they are... La Marm, for one, and then take your pick of those who have pretty much commandeered Monday nights, one of whom is simply overexposed and the other of whom just annoys on every level... QVC, (like Walmart), can over-step and begin broadcasting on each and every available channel and unless they change up their act, freshen up their merchandise and instruct their hosts to take it down about a half dozen notches, I still won't be tuning in...

You too, Spurt, have a good week... And incidentally, I see there's plenty of fodder for merriment coming up next weekend... with YET another day of Dyson on Saturday and a full day spent in that kitchen on Sunday... Such innovation... such variety... such non-starters... such Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

stevie, they are closing one Wal-Mart in our area but it will be no big loss on my part as I don't shop there.  The prices are not that great and I don't like their business philosophy - I remember when they used to have banners touting how many jobs they saved in the US by selling certain products.  But, they are building a new neighborhood market in what I think is a bad spot - it is really going to mess up the traffic in that area, which is already bad. 

Cold weather has arrived here although I dare say parts of the US would consider it downright balmy here with temps in the 40's.  I hope we don't get snow, I hate snow, complicates my life.  Have to keep the horses locked  up in the barn, creating more work for me keeping it clean.  Then I worry about losing power and water even though I have a generator - I am just getting too old to pull the cord on it.  And since I am out in the country, we are the last to get our roads cleared and the good ole' boys drive like it is dry and sunny on the two lane rural roads.  Very dangerous.

I hope you are able to get your logo lock bag before the color you want sells out.Woman LOL

I see the plant shows are starting.  I remember years ago ordering something from Roberta's.  It died while still in the "guarantee" period so i called for replacement.  Without a doubt some of the rudest customer service people ever.  Acted like I was pulling a scam or something.  I will buy from my local garden centers, better prices and better plants.  And Cottage Farms' prices on daylilies are ridiculous - there are tons of backyard daylily sellers in the US who will sell you fans at good prices, with free fans included.  Did you know there are over 40,000 varieties of daylilies??

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2 wrote:

@handygal2 @stevieb---WOW!!!  OMG --HAND, thanks for that breaking news !!! How will Dooney ever survive without it......(SARCASM).....I guess they ran out of colors---LOL!!!! Woman LOLWoman Wink  Perhaps we should do some sort of special "closing ceremony" to mark the event.....Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

OMG @handygal2 (@Spurt too) the world as we know it MUST be coming to an end... No more Logo Lock... I am shocked !! 

@stevieb @handygal2  First my Redskins win the division, now this about the Logo....a SURE sign the apocalypse is upon us.....!!!!  Man Mad  The END is near.....Man Surprised

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@handygal2---WOW!!!  OMG --HAND, thanks for that breaking news !!! How will Dooney ever survive without it......(SARCASM).....I guess they ran out of colors---LOL!!!! Woman LOLWoman Wink  Perhaps we should do some sort of special "closing ceremony" to mark the event.....Woman LOL

LOL, @Spurt!! Now there'll be a bit less material for your weekend previews!!  :-)

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@handygal2---WOW!!!  OMG --HAND, thanks for that breaking news !!! How will Dooney ever survive without it......(SARCASM).....I guess they ran out of colors---LOL!!!! Woman LOLWoman Wink  Perhaps we should do some sort of special "closing ceremony" to mark the event.....Woman LOL

LOL, @Spurt!! Now there'll be a bit less material for your weekend previews!!  :-)

@handygal2  ----"thanks" QVC......how will I ever carry on... Woman Sad....tissue please...