Respected Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PREVIEW 1/16-17-WHAT A BEAUTY! AND TIME TO GET LAZY!

@Spurt thanks for the response on the cosmetic kitty grooming. I would never sedate an animal for this purpose. It's always a risk. Speaking of grooming...I see the non shampoo guy is on. I don't have a dog in this fight, but his hair never looks clean to me. For that reason alone I wouldn't buy this product, and then the high cost is also a consideration for me. But I guess we all decide where we are willing to spend a bit more, and for me it's shoes, for others it's hair products. Hope we get some competitive football this weekend!

Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@katiescarlett wrote:

Hey SPURT, you could use your $7 win to pay the new Q shipping charges mentioned on another thread!

Thanks for adding a horse picture this time.  I will say, they really do not like having their faces sprayed while being hosed off, but, then again, neither would I!

The beagle on the torn up chair reminded me of the day I came home and my two black Lab pups, Katie and Scarlett, had chewed up their dog bed that was filled with little styrofoam beads.  There were beads everywhere and I found little piles of styrofoam beads they had deposited in the back yard for 2 days.Woman LOL

I did not enter the powerball, but I do dutifully send in Publisher's Clearing House.  I want $5K a week for life!  I would retire so fast their heads would spin.

Why would anyone buy a recliner from TV?  I guess a lot do because they  keep selling them, but I would want to sit in the chair first!  And what a pain to return if you found it uncomfortable.  Would the shipping back be the standard $6.95?? (haha).

But then why would anyone buy a mattress from TV?  Again, I guess a lot of people do.

But thanks for the great pictures and synopsis of the weekend shows.  Your post is far more interesting and entertaining that the Q's offerings.  Does the photo of the wonderboy mean the "followers" will be all atwitter this weekend with some of his products being offered?

@katiescarlett  Hey KATIE!!!!  I used to participate in the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes too---I even ordered a couple of magazines thinking it would increase my chances too--but that didn't work--LOL!!!  Good Luck & hope you win and we will see you and your horses on TV dancing to the "Happy" song!!! Woman Very Happy

Really QVC---new shipping costs!!!Woman Tongue---I had missed that thread, but went back and read it---sometimes I wonder if QVC really wants to stay in business.....so many companies are offering minimal or free shipping these days just to get your business..... What floors me are the prices that they charge to ship handbags (which are already high priced).....almost $12 for the same old Q cardboard box....they should at least send it in a velvet lined box with monogrammed tissue paper for what they charge!! Woman LOL

OMG!!!The story about the dogs chewing up the dog bed---I can just imagine... all those styrofoam beads everywhere......LOL!!!!  Cat LOLCat LOL  And I bet the dogs had such an innocent look on their faces .....

Thank you for your nice comments about the thread.....

yep, I bet "the followers" are all abuzz now that their icon has returned to grace the air waves........busy bees indeed..Woman Wink.

Have a nice weekend! Hope the weather is good for your lesson or just a nice ride with your horses.....

Actually, the innocent looks on Katie's and Scarlett's faces were when I came home and they had suspicous white lines on their noses.  They had chewed a hole in the sheetrock in the bathroom!  But they were great dogs!

Weather is nice today, 64 degrees and sunny. 

Between youi and me, I think the icon looks pretty strange these days....Woman Tongue

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@Spurt thanks for the response on the cosmetic kitty grooming. I would never sedate an animal for this purpose. It's always a risk. Speaking of grooming...I see the non shampoo guy is on. I don't have a dog in this fight, but his hair never looks clean to me. For that reason alone I wouldn't buy this product, and then the high cost is also a consideration for me. But I guess we all decide where we are willing to spend a bit more, and for me it's shoes, for others it's hair products. Hope we get some competitive football this weekend!

@SunValley  Sedating an animal is not good for their heart.  My aunt said the groomer asked how old her cat was and if he had any heart problems....

As for ...."hair cleansing".....maybe that's a new style or something.....well good ole Loreal works for me---LOL.  I do agree too each their own.......and I'll leave it at that!!!

Wow that Packers/AZ game was something else---WHEW WHAT A GAME! Woman Very Happy  GO LARRY FITZGERALD!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katiescarlett  You need to write a book about your pets---Oh my gosh---they even chewed sheet rock---ROFL!!!  Not funny for you I'm sure, but a great story.....and I thought cats were the ones that were supposed to be known for creating and getting into mischief---Woman LOLWoman LOL

Glad the weather is good in your part of the country..... I was watching the NFL pregame on NFL Network earlier today, -and gee just up the road in North Carolina they showed the stadium and they had snow flurries--LOL!!!!  Saturday it was a bit warm here but windy when I went to volunteer and from there met some friends to go see the Star Wars movie late late afternoon and when I came out of the movie, I didn't bring a coat and boy did that cold front come in---SHUDDER I wasn't prepared because I didn't trust the weather morons and wouldn't ya know they were right---LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S!  Very clever, too.  Woman LOL

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

@stevieb  Hey STEVIE I hope you had a good weekend with good weather.....

Saturday I just did volunteer work and went to movies (Star Wars) and Saturday evening after the movie I came home, collapsed on the couch and watched the second game of the NFL playoffs (Cards/Pack)......And then Sunday was awakened to someone pounding just when I thought I'd sleep in....it was one of my neighbors 2 houses down building something at 7AM???????!!!!!!!  Crazy??????  I don't know the neighbor well, she is a little older than me, her son and grand kids live in town and come to see her often.....and it was her son doing the hammering!!!  What a way to start the day.....Woman Tongue  Then I just watched football all day Sunday....

There's an interesting bashing Wally World thread regarding their store closings (none here)....but I think they are picking and choosing their battles and closing mostly their Wal Mart Express/Neighborhood Stores....we have one here, built near a fancy subdivision (people didnt want them there), Wally built any way and no one shops there...Oh and Wally is concentrating on expanding overseas too, just like QVC and Brazil is also one of Wally's target places too....what the heck is going on in Brazil that U.S. retailers are making it a gathering place!!!  I guess they are striking now with the U.S. $ being strong perhaps who knows how the minds of the retail moguls work!!!  Stranger than any Sci Fi movie if you ask me....

No Q watching for me at all---did not watch any of the beauty shows nor the La-Z-Boy shows either.....BTW what is QVC doing with all these hosts having added 3 more...some speculate to do live shows on Q Plus....it seems just recording and taping would be a better solution since they show the same stuff so often....

Have a good week!

Honored Contributor

All day in the garden on Tuesday... Can you believe it... Spring fever they say... Whatever...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt Hi, Spurt, that's an interesting story about the reason for the odd haircuts.  I can imagine poor Oliver's embarrassment.  What a great story though about his rescue by your aunt.  I love hearing about people saving an animal and all of them being happy together afterward.

Interesting about the study that says those drugstore products are as good as any option out there.  I used to always use them until I bought into the "hype" somewhere along the way, but no more.

It snowed here yesterday!  What a surprise since the weather geeks were calling for flurries only unless it was along the coast but ha, they were wrong.  I'll admit it was very pretty.  Of course I didn't go to the grocery on Saturday so that meant I had to go out on Sunday.with all of the OMG it is snowing crowd.  Ha,

I did indeed avoid all things QVC this weekend.  I didn't even bother to check online.  I got an e-mail about the GILI jacket TSV but that doesn't interest me either.  I was going thru my closet putting coats away the other day and I really don't need any more coats!

Hope everyone has a great week.

Respected Contributor

ha @stevieb I have spring fever - especially now that it snowed once and they are talking about another storm this coming weekend -- oh no!! 

but I'll buy my plants from vendors other than QVC.  I've tried some varieties from each of them and haven't had much luck so I'll buy local instead.

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

ha @stevieb I have spring fever - especially now that it snowed once and they are talking about another storm this coming weekend -- oh no!! 

but I'll buy my plants from vendors other than QVC.  I've tried some varieties from each of them and haven't had much luck so I'll buy local instead.

Yep @GinaV24 and @Spurt... It would appear that winter has finally descended upon The Qwapitol... It is very cold at about 19 an hour or so ago, and blustery today. Yesterday we even saw a tad of snow though there was no accumulation and the weather morons are predicting measurable snow for us both Friday and Saturday, but we'll see if that forecast holds... Hoping this doesn't end up falling under the category of 'be careful what you wish for'...

Still, no spring fever quite yet for me, as the bulk of the fall and winter, thus far, were pretty spring like...  As for plants, well yes, buying locally, picking the actual plants you want and knowing they're actually thriving when you buy them makes much more sense. I've never ordered plants from QVC and the only reason I'd even consider it would be the remarkable varieties they seem to offer. Still, local garden centers seem to offer enough choices and you always know exactly what you're getting.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...