Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PREVIEW 1/16-17-WHAT A BEAUTY! AND TIME TO GET LAZY!

@SerenityNowMyndi wrote:

@Spurt, I won the Power Ball lottery, too!!  But you won $3 more than I did.  More 'power' to ya!  Literally. 

Great post, really enjoyed all your snickerdoodles Smiley Very Happy

@Serenity-Now  And more POWER to you too! Woman LOL Don't spend your winnings all in one place! Woman Wink 

Glad you liked the pet pix....

Take Care!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GinaV24 wrote:

Hey Spurt, happy Friday.  Glad to hear you won something from the powerball.  Like many people I was dreaming of a payout that might be useful.  Oh well, guess it wasn't to be.

I'll take a pass (again) on QVC's weekend offerings.  I am using up my supply of items that I already bought since IMO most of the high priced items don't work any better than the drugstore brands so I'm not buying the hype these days.  I do like one serum but the rest of it, nah, I'll pass.

And the regular Sunday offerings have made QVC a channel to avoid for a long time now so I'll continue to do that.  I have been thinking of buying a recliner but if I do, I'll go to the store and pick one out.  I saw a sofa/loveseat the other day that had a recliner as part of it.  If I'd won the lottery, I'd have definitely bought that!

Take care and thanks for the great preview!

I was looking at the photos and thinking - what on earth did people do to the fur on those poor kitties? 

Image result for cats with funny haircuts

@GinaV24  HI GINA! I read a consumer report that tested all these high priced cosmetics and beauty aids to see which ones performed the best.....and the drug store products were found to be just as effective and even better....I think one of the items that got high ratings was that good ole standard PONDS!!!  LOL!!! I think its funny that one of QVC's vendors admitted she had "work done" and said even her potions couldnt do what the surgery did and she stated she never claimed that her products alone wouldnt correct what she needed to look younger. ....BUT I think her "new looks" led people to believe that her products were what changed her look....so I didn't think too much of her integrity and would never purchase any of her products...Woman Tongue

I do use one QVC product, a primer, just because I found it did the best in keeping my makeup on during the HOT Texas summers......

As for the wacky kitty haircuts, its a unique grooming technique....One time on TV they even had a contest (but this was with dogs) and they really did some wild things....they made the dogs look like other animals or created some crazy thing....it was quite interesting and pretty funny too!!!  My aunt had a white cat named Oliver, and my aunt was a bad chain smoker....and Oliver's white fur turned nicotine yellow in color, and he also had a bad matt on his belly so she decided to take him to a groomer that specialized in cat grooming.....And the Groomer asked her if she wanted Oliver to have "the Lion cut".....she said that might be interesting and gave her the okay....well Oliver came back clean and mattless....but he acted quited embarrassed poor thing....and I don't think he liked people laughing at him....he looked like that cat in the photo....

Image result for cats with lion cut

I think Oliver gave a sigh of relief when his fur grew back out.....I wish I could post a photo of Oliver but those were taken in the days of the old fashion film rolls and haven't been converted to digital.....My aunt has since passed away, and Oliver went to the Rainbow Bridge long ago....so I don't even know if her son still has those photos...But I do remember poor Oliver's embarrassment.  Oliver has an interesting history he was found in a mud puddle and my aunt bottle fed him and he became a huge white fluffy cat...he was very gentle, people oriented and he liked other cats and dogs too.....he had good life!

Enjoy your other weekend activities, I know it definitely won't be watching the Q Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Justice4all wrote:

Tres amusant and an extra HA!!!

@Justice4all  @LipstickdivaThanks! glad you enjoyed it ! Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:
I don't have kitties, but I would think shaving them to create these looks wouldn't be good for them. How does one even keep them still long enough. I have given up on Q weekends; they seem to be geared primarily to "couple" household purchases that even if interested in, I would never buy without seeing in person. Have a good weekend everyone.

@SunValley  I would think the groomer would have to give them a bit of anesthetic because I can't imagine ANY cat staying still for that long, I know some cats even like baths but that fur sculpting goes beyond that.. .....but that is not anesthetic isn't good for them either....

QVC totally goes on auto pilot these days, ESPECIALLY on the weekends!!!  Woman Tongue  It's almost like they don't want us to tune in.....

Have a good weekend!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2 wrote:

Hey, Spurt. A small Lotto win is better than no win at all. Maybe next time you'll win more!

The cats who look like reptiles are hilarious, as are those dressed as Geishas. 

All l have to say re. this weekend's programming is two words: mind numbing... Have a great weekend.

@handygal2  Hey HANDY! How are you?  I've never been a big winner on these lottery tickets and scratch offs......I guess I'm unlucky---LOL!!! 

Yep, QVC is certainly MIND NUMBING and downright unimaginative......ZZZZZZZZZZZ!!! How do those producers stay awake....I'm surprised we haven't heard one snoring on air---Cat LOL

Enjoy your weekend!

Honored Contributor

@3cupcakes wrote:

@Spurt  Great post, spurt!  The cat under shawn's curler photo was a great laughing start to the rainy, Saturday morning we have here.  But it's not snow so zero complaints from me! 

Yikes!  Can you imagine coming home & the dog has chewed the recliner!     😳

tho I can't ever see me buying a recliner from a shopping channel.  You need to sit in them yourself is my thought.

& a day of recliners is like the recent day of hooks for me.  So no Q for me.

but I'm w/ @GinaV24.  those poor cats w/the bizarre dragon (?) cuts. & im not sure why they would do this to them.  A grooming contest of some sort perhaps?  Lion cuts are usually for badly matted cats, but dragons?  I'm unsure.

thanks for starting my weekend w/a laugh & it's football tv for me for sure! 🙂

ps:  not even one lottery number here so good for you to get something!😃

@3cupcakes  Hi 3CUPCAKES!!!  Hope you are doing well!

Its been sunny days here....and a little TOO WARM.....mid 70's....ya got to be kidding....but there is SUPPOSED to be some kind of cool front and a bit of rain along with it.....and we do need rain......

I agree No, No, No furniture or an appliances from TV.....But there are actually people that do--I even know people that buy furniture online (from Overstock & Wayfair) and then actually put it together---who the heck wants to do that!!!! YEEECCCKK!! Recliners are a big ticket item and I sure want to check out the quality, materials, sit in it, and test it out myself before I hand over that kind of money$$$$ 

There must be something about Beagles and chewing......I had a beagle and I had to always make sure I put my shoes in a closed closet because she loved to chew shoes, especially the heels!!!  And she found other things for chewing too like a leg on an old chair I had---she wasn't teething either....I tried raw hide and other dog chew things---but she liked my things---LOL!!!  But you couldn't get mad at her though---she had this sweet look where she turned her head a certain way and looked like an angel from heaven---so you couldn't be mad for long...LOL

And I posted in another thread that they had a sculpting contest with dogs that I saw once, don't even remember the channel it was on....just caught it flipping channels...it was interesting because those groomers really were talented.....

Happy to hear that the post gave you a laugh......Enjoy your football, I know I will!

Take Care!

Valued Contributor

Hey SPURT, you could use your $7 win to pay the new Q shipping charges mentioned on another thread!

Thanks for adding a horse picture this time.  I will say, they really do not like having their faces sprayed while being hosed off, but, then again, neither would I!

The beagle on the torn up chair reminded me of the day I came home and my two black Lab pups, Katie and Scarlett, had chewed up their dog bed that was filled with little styrofoam beads.  There were beads everywhere and I found little piles of styrofoam beads they had deposited in the back yard for 2 days.Woman LOL

I did not enter the powerball, but I do dutifully send in Publisher's Clearing House.  I want $5K a week for life!  I would retire so fast their heads would spin.

Why would anyone buy a recliner from TV?  I guess a lot do because they  keep selling them, but I would want to sit in the chair first!  And what a pain to return if you found it uncomfortable.  Would the shipping back be the standard $6.95?? (haha).

But then why would anyone buy a mattress from TV?  Again, I guess a lot of people do.

But thanks for the great pictures and synopsis of the weekend shows.  Your post is far more interesting and entertaining that the Q's offerings.  Does the photo of the wonderboy mean the "followers" will be all atwitter this weekend with some of his products being offered?

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt

Glad you won something at Powerball. My husband and I stopped at a gas station in Washington state before we flew from Bellingham to Las Vegas (Nevada isn't a Powerball state). We didn't win anything but it sure was fun following all the news about the big jackpot! We didn't have to stand in any line either to buy a ticket! 

And the pix of Jaime and Grumpy cat is so cute!

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

@Spurt

Glad you won something at Powerball. My husband and I stopped at a gas station in Washington state before we flew from Bellingham to Las Vegas (Nevada isn't a Powerball state). We didn't win anything but it sure was fun following all the news about the big jackpot! We didn't have to stand in any line either to buy a ticket! 

And the pix of Jaime and Grumpy cat is so cute!

@TY Hi TY! Gee who would've thunk it---Nevada NOT being a power ball state--LOL!!!  Sorry you didn't win....I guess it's fun to kinda dream what ya would do with the money if you won.....

Glad you liked Jamie & Grumpy! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katiescarlett wrote:

Hey SPURT, you could use your $7 win to pay the new Q shipping charges mentioned on another thread!

Thanks for adding a horse picture this time.  I will say, they really do not like having their faces sprayed while being hosed off, but, then again, neither would I!

The beagle on the torn up chair reminded me of the day I came home and my two black Lab pups, Katie and Scarlett, had chewed up their dog bed that was filled with little styrofoam beads.  There were beads everywhere and I found little piles of styrofoam beads they had deposited in the back yard for 2 days.Woman LOL

I did not enter the powerball, but I do dutifully send in Publisher's Clearing House.  I want $5K a week for life!  I would retire so fast their heads would spin.

Why would anyone buy a recliner from TV?  I guess a lot do because they  keep selling them, but I would want to sit in the chair first!  And what a pain to return if you found it uncomfortable.  Would the shipping back be the standard $6.95?? (haha).

But then why would anyone buy a mattress from TV?  Again, I guess a lot of people do.

But thanks for the great pictures and synopsis of the weekend shows.  Your post is far more interesting and entertaining that the Q's offerings.  Does the photo of the wonderboy mean the "followers" will be all atwitter this weekend with some of his products being offered?

@katiescarlett  Hey KATIE!!!!  I used to participate in the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes too---I even ordered a couple of magazines thinking it would increase my chances too--but that didn't work--LOL!!!  Good Luck & hope you win and we will see you and your horses on TV dancing to the "Happy" song!!! Woman Very Happy

Really QVC---new shipping costs!!!Woman Tongue---I had missed that thread, but went back and read it---sometimes I wonder if QVC really wants to stay in business.....so many companies are offering minimal or free shipping these days just to get your business..... What floors me are the prices that they charge to ship handbags (which are already high priced).....almost $12 for the same old Q cardboard box....they should at least send it in a velvet lined box with monogrammed tissue paper for what they charge!! Woman LOL

OMG!!!The story about the dogs chewing up the dog bed---I can just imagine... all those styrofoam beads everywhere......LOL!!!!  Cat LOLCat LOL  And I bet the dogs had such an innocent look on their faces .....

Thank you for your nice comments about the thread.....

yep, I bet "the followers" are all abuzz now that their icon has returned to grace the air waves........busy bees indeed..Woman Wink.

Have a nice weekend! Hope the weather is good for your lesson or just a nice ride with your horses.....