Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? Interesting results 2nd quarter 2016.....

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

WHY... am I not surprised... Like not at all... Not even a little bit...

WHY would I be...? Some of us have been predicting this for years...

@stevieb

Yep some of us knew what was coming and all we got was grief for airing our complaints and predictions..... She who laughs last, laughs best.....

But boy it looks like Auntie M is even in worse shape and she lost a lot of money in promotions and shipping....so no wonder you got a survey from them regarding their shipping......I wonder if we will see even more changes there ........

So other than NOT shoppin at QVC how ya been????  Has it cooled off any yet???? Hot as heck here and looks like its getting worse---dog days of summer I guess.....

@Spurt I more thoroughly outlined my thoughts on the other thread, but really, we've had this discussion on The Q Did What (before it went kaput) for years... We all know the old adage about continuing to do the same thing and expecting different results... Well... Enough said... If only they'd listened...

As for summer, what can I say... June was nice, as were the first weeks of July, then it was sweltering and now we seem stuck in a bit of a pattern of more or less 'iffy' days... All things considered, I think last summer here in the Qwapital was among our nicer ones, though I guess I'd have to say that to this point, this one hasn't been totally dastardly... Still, I do hope for an actual fall this year, something the Qwapital hasn't really seen for the past few years, just as this year, we essentially had one long deluge as our 'spring'...

Nothing much doing here... as we simply await that, uh, change... that happens every four years, as we think about another old adage that says 'the more things change, the more they stay the same'... And unfortunately, 'things never seem to really get any better... Somehow, I feel reasonably certain that this time will not prove to be the exception to the rule...

Speaking of things changing, one wonders, perhaps with at least a grain of hope, whether the Once Mighty Q's major stockholders will have finally had enough of business as usual up in West Chester and will finally use that extensive fleet of Dysons to, well, clean house...

Woman Surprised Woman Wink

Have a good day...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Spurt I agree with you about Macy's.  They are a mess and I don't shop in stores that look like that.  it takes too much time that I don't have to waste.  I buy more in Target because I have a specific few things I want from them and I can walk in and most of the time find it. 

@GinaV24

Why are their stores such a mess??????.....even the Macy's in the "upscale mall" is a mess---the mall that chased Walgreens out because they weren't upscale enough---so I guess it's preferable to have a store that looks like a disaster area---even the Ross stores have gotten organized (but still not overly fond of them).... I'm not going to waste my valuable time sorting through things through all the disorganization--that is why I do like Target, Dillards, Stein Mart, TJ/Homegoods or Marshalls.....occasionally JCP.....The only Macy's I like to shop in is in a mall that is far far away from where I live---for some reason that store is neat, clean, and orderly...or will sometimes order online from them. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Off-topic a bit, but wouldn't you love to know who wrote that QVC release?  Likely someone in Corporate Relations, a professional writer.  Now that's a talented person, writing such -- that it would take an MBA to fully understand.  Or maybe an unemployed politician?  What an art form!

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt I more thoroughly outlined my thoughts on the other thread, but really, we've had this discussion on The Q Did What (before it went kaput) for years... We all know the old adage about continuing to do the same thing and expecting different results... Well... Enough said... If only they'd listened...

As for summer, what can I say... June was nice, as were the first weeks of July, then it was sweltering and now we seem stuck in a bit of a pattern of more or less 'iffy' days... All things considered, I think last summer here in the Qwapital was among our nicer ones, though I guess I'd have to say that to this point, this one hasn't been totally dastardly... Still, I do hope for an actual fall this year, something the Qwapital hasn't really seen for the past few years, just as this year, we essentially had one long deluge as our 'spring'...

Nothing much doing here... as we simply await that, uh, change... that happens every four years, as we think about another old adage that says 'the more things change, the more they stay the same'... And unfortunately, 'things never seem to really get any better... Somehow, I feel reasonably certain that this time will not prove to be the exception to the rule...

Speaking of things changing, one wonders, perhaps with at least a grain of hope, whether the Once Mighty Q's major stockholders will have finally had enough of business as usual up in West Chester and will finally use that extensive fleet of Dysons to, well, clean house...

Woman Surprised Woman Wink

Have a good day...

@stevieb  Perhaps the stockholders will force much needed change--- but I won't hold my breath----  I don't understand it----they admit they've hit adverse head winds---yet what do they show Sunday--- one of their declining categories---oh yeah, perfect sense, let's show COMPUTERS/TABLETS ALL DAY/NIGHT LONG---oh that's a good way to get the shoppers back and pick up sales--- And have you seen the upcoming weekend lineups!!!!  Lord have mercy!!! Do they want to retain any customers at all!!! (thats a rhetorical question)....

Yep, "that 4 year change" isn't it fun Rolling Eyes Emoticon it appears that scene is going down the same path as the Q ....... downhill and getting worse......

Well at least your weather appears to be fairly decent---I guess we've been lucky--our deluge came in May-only 2 days of 100 degrees this summer---although once it hits 97, 98, 99-- is it really all that different---Hopefully the hot weather for us will skiddadle come October and we will have our true "fall" and beautiful weather---at least that's what Im hoping---we didnt have much of a winter last year---and Im hoping for a good one.... I love our cold weather!

I hope your renovations were finally got completed.  Have a good day!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I know @Spurt, somewhere on one of these threads I noted that on the heels of such 'winning' corporate news, what did they choose to do but spend YET another entire day hawking YET another laptop... Go figure... I get it that these shows are 'planned' (if you call this planning) well in advance and that stock is procured well in advance too, but really, they should've seen this coming...

I too doubt there'll be any real change... If they eek out a 4 percenter one find quarter, the corporate gurus will most likely take joint sigh of relief and assume all is well in West Chester... It's easier that way, you know...

I don't think my renovations will ever really be complete, but for the most part, they are... I'm still looking at replacement carpet for the hall and one of the bedrooms and there's still the matter of getting things out of storage, but I don't even want to think about that stuff...

Woman Frustrated Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Off-topic a bit, but wouldn't you love to know who wrote that QVC release?  Likely someone in Corporate Relations, a professional writer.  Now that's a talented person, writing such -- that it would take an MBA to fully understand.  Or maybe an unemployed politician?  What an art form!

@PamfromCT... It was clearly written by their Executive Vice President for Corporate Lily Gilding...

Woman Wink

Contributor

Add my two cents in to this discussion as well, I won't be using to buy QVC stock that's for sure. Smiley Very Happy Aside from the occasional and very rare "new" product, the Q has become stale and staid in it's offerings and I rarely waste time watching it anymore, which translates into buying less. Yes, I am only one person, but add one person, to another, to another who all feel the same way and the losses add up. It's time for the Q to start LISTENING to their customers and stop trying to think they know what's best for us. 

Oh, and has anyone noticed that the resident "cheerleader" has yet to make a comment on either of these threads? Could that be because they realize we were right all along?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

I know @Spurt, somewhere on one of these threads I noted that on the heels of such 'winning' corporate news, what did they choose to do but spend YET another entire day hawking YET another laptop... Go figure... I get it that these shows are 'planned' (if you call this planning) well in advance and that stock is procured well in advance too, but really, they should've seen this coming...

I too doubt there'll be any real change... If they eek out a 4 percenter one find quarter, the corporate gurus will most likely take joint sigh of relief and assume all is well in West Chester... It's easier that way, you know...

I don't think my renovations will ever really be complete, but for the most part, they are... I'm still looking at replacement carpet for the hall and one of the bedrooms and there's still the matter of getting things out of storage, but I don't even want to think about that stuff...

Woman Frustrated Woman Happy

@stevieb

Quarter after quarter after quarter the words remained the same "electronic sales continue to decline".... so who is the numbskull that would schedule a fulll day of the stuff AGAIN!!! They had to know the financial results way before it was released. And we've seen them make program changes too that don't match what was scheduled in their Program Guide. Or perhaps they were going for the "big ticket item" theory ---they're thinking--  if we make a few sales on PCs for $695 each that will boost our revenue quicker rather than selling mercury spheres for $29.95---so we can manage to at least to eeck out a small increase in revenue and also put the blame on the economy to somewhat pacify the stockholders.....Who knows how this company thinks---time for an overhaul of EVERYTHING--merchandise, Execs, Staff!!!

So sorry about your slow progress of your renovations---its difficult to find decent carpet at a good price these days---Shoot, I can't even find a new runner for my hallway that's priced resonably---either the colors are wrong, or it's way too expensive and the quality doesn't merit the investment.....Sure I could order from Touch Of Class or Home Decorators---and pay top dollar, but will continue to shop around for a bargain first....

I can't imagine even thinking about having to move things out of storage---a big task!!!!  I open the door to my storage room off my patio and think I should go through this, and then quickly close the door---too hot anyway to fool with it---But you also have double the task, to not only to move it all, and then put everything back in order too....while mine is more "look, rearrange, and trash the stuff I no longer need...Anyway, I hope everything gets completed for you sometime soon....

Honored Contributor

@laceymom wrote:

Add my two cents in to this discussion as well, I won't be using to buy QVC stock that's for sure. Smiley Very Happy Aside from the occasional and very rare "new" product, the Q has become stale and staid in it's offerings and I rarely waste time watching it anymore, which translates into buying less. Yes, I am only one person, but add one person, to another, to another who all feel the same way and the losses add up. It's time for the Q to start LISTENING to their customers and stop trying to think they know what's best for us. 

Oh, and has anyone noticed that the resident "cheerleader" has yet to make a comment on either of these threads? Could that be because they realize we were right all along?

@laceymom

I totally agree with everything you said!!! I know there are always a few customers that you can never seem to make happy and always complain, BUT when a LARGE GROWING contingency starts to complain and they see it in their revenue numbers---when are they going to WAKE UP AND START LISTENING TO THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!

Some of the pom pom folks are hiding....but there are one or two around blaming the economy and making excuses, but won't even look at the facts or statements from QVC's own people .....  Of course some will never put their poms poms away and admit when they're wrong....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC became quite arrogant over the past decade and has now been so arrogant for so long that it's finally come back to bite them in the backside. Some would say it's long over-due...