Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? Interesting article maybe QVC should read....

The super Wal-Mart near me has the medicine and personal care items and the pet supply area on the complete other side of the store from the grocery area.  ANd could they have any worse aisle signs telling you what is in which aisle!

Valued Contributor

That is one of the reasons, among others, why I hate Wally World, too darn big.  I like stores like Trader Joe's, Fresh Market, and a smaller store of one of the chains of grocery stores in my area.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

@katiescarlett wrote:

That is one of the reasons, among others, why I hate Wally World, too darn big.  I like stores like Trader Joe's, Fresh Market, and a smaller store of one of the chains of grocery stores in my area.

@katiescarlett

Hey Katie!!!!  How have you been?  How many days until your retirement?  How are all your critters doing?

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I beat them at their own game....I go over to the household item---grab a broom or mop and make sure the way is clear and knock down the item from the top shelf...

ROFL.... I will grab the barbeque tongs that are invariably hung somewhere...!!!

I don't care either, they make this hard enough so you can't get what you came in for... I will find a way to get it and a half dozen if I can.  Woman LOL   I always see a little lady barely cresting 5' and always offer to help her get what she wants off the top shelf.

I'm sure my photo is hanging in their lunch room.  Woman Indifferent

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

A food for thought article for sure!

When I buy those 22kg boxes of cat litter at Walmart, I now have to plan ahead to take my husband along as those are 50 lb boxes. We need two shopping carts if they don't have a horizontal dolly available as the pet section is in the corner farthest away from the exit doors and parking lot. We have a smaller Walmart attached to a busy mall and if I go to that store I wait until after the rest of the mall closes so I can get a parking space close to the exit. That's why I will stock up with 3 or 4 boxes at a time. Grrrr.

I will also buy juice or milk at the local pharmacy or small grocery store just to avoid having to spend a lot of time in a big grocery store too as the big stores don't have any milk or juice close to the checkout stands.

No wonder that people are now buying their groceries online and then picking them up already bagged up so they can get in and out of the store quickly.

Respected Contributor

@Spurt- there's a big difference between a survey and answering questions about the products, service, prices etc and posting ad nauseum suggested reading and business methods as if nobody in this business ever thought to keep up with business and marketing information!  Geesh.

Thanks for the suggestion on the drink, but alcohol makes me crankier.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Spurt- there's a big difference between a survey and answering questions about the products, service, prices etc and posting ad nauseum suggested reading and business methods as if nobody in this business ever thought to keep up with business and marketing information!  Geesh.

Thanks for the suggestion on the drink, but alcohol makes me crankier.

@Buck-i-Nana

The Forums provide feedback (some companies pay a fortune for it) and what the purpose of the post is to support the fact that successful companies listen to their customers, some companies that haven't are no longer in business ..Even the hosts say--we heard you, we changed this, we brought this in because of requests, so its a plea to read our suggestions/comments...Maybe we are frustrated with QVC since they used to be a viable shopping option and would like to keep them that way......And no need to scold us.......this topic appears to be a waste of your valuable time.........so sorry

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Here's the thing (channeling Mary Beth) -

People have been clamoring for QVC to "see it their way" for years now. Rarely is anything suggested on these forums, or whined about or lamented on these forums, taken into account by QVC and what has been asked for actually done.  So, no, really, they aren't listening to the customers who post on the forums. But who knows what they hear from those who don't post, but still buy. Those who post to the forums aren't their only customers. 

Their sales numbers are going down. The sales numbers of pretty much every retailer are going down.  Is it particularly logical to think that with all other stores having trouble, out of all of them it's only QVC who is tanking because they're not operating like the people who post on their forums think they should? 

Logic tells me that in general, QVC is not much different than all the other retailers. They're having the same problems for largely the same reasons.

Yes, the major chains are trying to provide what the customer wants. But look at Penney's and Sears and even Macy's and see that they're not really doing "better" than QVC.  Maybe what "the" customer wants isn't possible any more because there is no longer one main purchasing demographic, but several. They can't stock/sell to please every demographic. Some customers are going to drop out, and they know that, shrug their shoulders, and carry on.

Shopping channels by dint of what they are and how long they've been on the scene are never going to be new, novel, special, exciting, blah blah again. There are too many of them categorized to sell different things. QVC offers the worst prices and s&h of all of them.

I just think that hoping QVC as we once enjoyed it will "listen to us" regarding their business mode, give people what QVC once offered, and the company's business will do a 180 - ain't gonna happen. "Warning" them, "threatening" them or keeping track of how they're doing on the stock market and gloating about it will NOT bring back the Old Days. If QVC goes down, it goes down. But they'll never base their business model on what a couple of dozen women (who incidentally don't spend any $$ at QVC any more anyway) on their forums advise.

What's going to happen in retail will happen. QVC is no longer unique. It will never be unique again.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

I beat them at their own game....I go over to the household item---grab a broom or mop and make sure the way is clear and knock down the item from the top shelf...

ROFL.... I will grab the barbeque tongs that are invariably hung somewhere...!!!

I don't care either, they make this hard enough so you can't get what you came in for... I will find a way to get it and a half dozen if I can.  Woman LOL   I always see a little lady barely cresting 5' and always offer to help her get what she wants off the top shelf.

I'm sure my photo is hanging in their lunch room.  Woman Indifferent

@Q4u

I occasionally ask the assistance of taller folks to help me get an item on the top shelf.....and I'm sure my photo is somewhere in a lunch room or Manager's Office too...LOL

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

A food for thought article for sure!

When I buy those 22kg boxes of cat litter at Walmart, I now have to plan ahead to take my husband along as those are 50 lb boxes. We need two shopping carts if they don't have a horizontal dolly available as the pet section is in the corner farthest away from the exit doors and parking lot. We have a smaller Walmart attached to a busy mall and if I go to that store I wait until after the rest of the mall closes so I can get a parking space close to the exit. That's why I will stock up with 3 or 4 boxes at a time. Grrrr.

I will also buy juice or milk at the local pharmacy or small grocery store just to avoid having to spend a lot of time in a big grocery store too as the big stores don't have any milk or juice close to the checkout stands.

No wonder that people are now buying their groceries online and then picking them up already bagged up so they can get in and out of the store quickly.

@TY

There was a discussion a while back on these boards how people ordered their cat litter from Amazon so it could be delivered right to their front door instead of having to lift up that heavy box of kitty litter into a shopping cart....and then from your car into your house or condo or apt.......