Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? HAPPY THANKSGIVING & BLACK FRIDAY

[ Edited ]

Well  @Spurt I'll tell you... I surprised even myself this year... I went shopping on Black Friday... Nothing big, just Target, TJ Maxx, CVS and so on... And not only did I NOT see any fabulous deals, but I also didn't see any hordes of shoppers... Could be because I went later in the day and, of course, avoided the 'nicer' stores and malls...

Mom and I actually did Thanksgiving on Wednesday, since we went to an inn for dinner and the seating was more to our liking than going on the very in-demand Thursday... As a result, I did my lounging around on Thanksgiving Day and so, although I usually skip BF, I decided to go out and about, hit the grocery store and Petsmart, along with my other stops... That was about as far as I got this weekend, though, as both yesterday and today I've been more or less a blob around the house, though I did get caught up with laundry, to the tune of five loads... Always something...

I'll tell ya what, though, the mods are going to have to start working overtime if they want to try to erradicate all knowledge of MUCH better 'outside' choices... and prices... and lower cost shipping... and no loud-mouth hosts... Nothing more I can say about the Q... Oh how the once mighty has, well, gone kaput... AND YET, some of the die-hard cheerios continue to grace us with their rather defensive presence everytime some sane person points out just how qwappy things have become... Whatever...

Woman Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

Well  @Spurt I'll tell you... I surprised even myself this year... I went shopping on Black Friday... Nothing big, just Target, TJ Maxx, CVS and so on... And not only did I NOT see any fabulous deals, but I also didn't see any hordes of shoppers... Could be beause I went later in the day and, of course, avoided the 'nicer' stores and malls...

Mom and I actually did Thanksgiving on Wednesday, since we went to an inn for dinner and the seating was more to our liking than going on the very in-demand Thursday... As a result, I did my lounging around on Thanksgiving Day and so, although I usually skip BF, I decided to go out and about, hit the grocery store and Petsmart, along with my other stops... That was about as far as I got this weekend, though, as both yesterday and today I've been more or less a blob around the house, though I did get caught up with laundry, to the tune of five loads... Always something...

I'll tell ya what, though, the mods are going to have to start working overtime if they want to try to erradicate all knowledge of MUCH better 'outside' choices... and prices... and lower cost shipping... and no loud-mouth hosts... Nothing more I can say about the Q... Oh how the once mighty has, well, gone kaput... AND YET, some of the die-hard cheerios continue to grace us with their rather defensive presence everytime some sane person points out just how qwappy things have become... Whatever...

Woman Surprised

@stevieb

WOW STEVIE you are a brave soul.....but I think your right, about going shopping later in the day---those that were up at the crack of dawn to get the "non-deals" were probably tired by then and returned home.....And our local news did a report and even said better deals do come later in the season rather than on Black Friday.....they interviewed one guy that had been shopping for a TV and did his due diligence and bought it a few days before Black Friday and he said he got a better deal than what they Black Friday previews were showing ....good for him!!!  He didnt have very kind words for those planning to stand in line at 3AM....LOL!!!

I'm glad you and your mom had a nice Thanksgiving at the inn on Wednesday---sounds wonderful .....and right you are about the crowds at restaurants on Thanksgiving Day ...it seems more and more people are eating out on Thanksgiving. We usually go out, and have to make reservations ahead of time.  This year however, we bought an already made turkey breast, picked it up on Thanksgiving morning, and we both made side dishes and a dessert.....just us (sis and me) and a couple friends....everyone else seemed to go out of town this year except us!!

I've been doing a lot of shopping the last couple weeks, helping my sister find her ideal tree, helping her decorate and then the quest for additional decor items she wanted....and then the Hill Country expeditionon Friday---we did so much walking ....by Saturday I was worn out...put out my few outdoor Christmas decorations and late afternoon went to the grocery store....it was like a ghost town...and Sunday morning tuned in to QVC for grins---Caroline was presenting the TSV and I quickly turned it....During the work week when I work from home I have my TV on in the background as I work  but I cant take more than a minute or two of QVC these days I pick another channel......lately Ive been turning off the TV entirely and playing Christmas music....Anyway Ive been vegging out today like a blob too.....watching football and eating left overs.....

Well the "pep squad" has their work cut out for them to find something positive to say about the Q.......I just read more and more customer discontent on the forums....

Have a good week.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I went out and did a little shopping (or actually I did some picking up of items I had ordered online and picked up at the store).  I was actually surprised that Target wasn't a mob scene on Friday morning.

then I went and got crazy and decided to have a body wave put in so that I wouldn't have hat hair all winter long.  Well that was a mistake -- boy I had forgotten how nasty the smell when you get a body wave/perm can be. Oh boy when I got home, Ella took one sniff and completely ran away from me.  It made me feel terrible.  It took thru the end of the day yesterday before she finally decided that I didn't smell "awful" any more and perhaps she would lay on my lap.  I worked outside yesterday so maybe the fresh air helped make the yucky smell go away. Lily, on the other hand, wasn't as sensitive to it.  She took full advantage of her sister's annoyance to sit on my lap, eat all Ella's food (since Ella wouldn't take anything from me) so I had to put dry food down. 

Obviously I won't be getting anything like that done again.