Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

@stevieb wrote:

Interested @Spurt @GinaV24 @handygal2 to see if the Q reverts back to their more typical stance of hording EP, you know, now that the make or break 4th Quarter was either made or, uh, broken... During the latter part of the holiday shopping season, they were doing those 'EP flash events' to beat the band, but don't think I've noted one since, though I could be wrong... Hope to see one soon. There's actually one 'beauty' item I'd like to reorder, simply because it's easiest bought from here, the shipping is low and the price is no different from elsewhere, but would like to avail myself of EP... And you know, not being among their anointed few who got the Thanksgiving EP offer...

@stevieb @GinaV24 @handygal2  I have a feeling you'll need that good ole Q Card in order to see any Easy Pays in the near future!!! ........BTW I wonder how Zulily is doing under QVC's umbrella ---  they used to be the ones that had all the "flash sale" promotions ....and after the Q acquired them that is when I heard about it on QVC....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GinaV24 wrote:
@Spurt, yeah fireworks aren't legal here at all but that doesn't stop people. After all that, they set off another round at 6 p.m. on New Year's day - guess they had some left over and decided to celebrate again! Poor Lily ran for cover and walked around the houses looking haunted for an hour.

@GinaV24  @stevieb Firework displays are nice if you see them at an amusement park .... or special event like The Fourth Of July done by a state or city recreation department.......But these fire crackers are just plain annoying.....and I'm sure the purchasers of said products have stocked up and will be popping them throughout the year....Woman Tongue....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Interested @Spurt @GinaV24 @handygal2 to see if the Q reverts back to their more typical stance of hording EP, you know, now that the make or break 4th Quarter was either made or, uh, broken... During the latter part of the holiday shopping season, they were doing those 'EP flash events' to beat the band, but don't think I've noted one since, though I could be wrong... Hope to see one soon. There's actually one 'beauty' item I'd like to reorder, simply because it's easiest bought from here, the shipping is low and the price is no different from elsewhere, but would like to avail myself of EP... And you know, not being among their anointed few who got the Thanksgiving EP offer...

@stevieb @GinaV24 @handygal2  I have a feeling you'll need that good ole Q Card in order to see any Easy Pays in the near future!!! ........BTW I wonder how Zulily is doing under QVC's umbrella ---  they used to be the ones that had all the "flash sale" promotions ....and after the Q acquired them that is when I heard about it on QVC....

@Spurt: l think you're right, and if that's the case, it would be another miscalculation by the Q, IMO. Also, l noticed that you have to sign up to be a "member" of Zulily in order to shop the site. I don't know if that was the case before the Q took it over, but I'm not joining yet.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:
@stevieb yes I'll be interested to see if their 4th qtr results came up or not. They didn't get any help from me this year. I shopped elsewhere and seldom watched. I don't like all the "gift" shows. If I want to watch I want to have an idea of what products will be shown, not a mish mosh of stuff. Watched a little bit of AM Style this morning but I'm not a fan of Jayne and most things weren't exciting to me so I passed. LOL at the "sale" prices. I was shopping other sites for things I wanted and they were offering things I can use NOW with anywhere from 25 to 40% off. That's how you do a sale, so once again, QVC did not get MY $.

@GinaV24  It will be interesting to see how well they do on RETURNS for the 4th quarter as I'm sure some of the purchases for the holidays didn't live up to expectations...Of my 4 purchases I returned 2 due to poor quality.....Ill sing the Beatles's song...I SHOULDV'E KNOWN BETTER......(one of the 4 buys I kept was a beauty item on auto delivery)....my shopping has been mostly in local stores these days.....

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I do SO hope everyone has made note of the two hours each today of the Total Gym Experience and the Morethanablender shows... I'm telling you, on top of yesterday's compelling programming and tomorrow's Nutrisystem extravaganza, 2016 on Q is off to a truly rousing start... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

@stevieb  BUT STEVIE---why would an "innovative" and "creative" channel like QVC turn away from a long time tradition of "New Year, SAME OLE Q".....Woman WinkWoman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt: l think you're right, and if that's the case, it would be another miscalculation by the Q, IMO. Also, l noticed that you have to sign up to be a "member" of Zulily in order to shop the site. I don't know if that was the case before the Q took it over, but I'm not joining yet.

@handygal2  Someone recommended Zulily for something I had been looking for and I had to sign up to shop too (this was BEFORE their purchase by QVC).....Zulily's problem was their slllllllllllllooooowww delivery and poor customer service...Never did make a purchase with them after reading so many problems with product delivery I shopped elsewhere..And from some of the complaints I'm reading on the Forums....QVC's in process orders for days on end and in some cases super slow delivery have followed suit.....it seems primarily those items shipped by the manufacturer (rather than one of QVC's warehouses) appear to be items delivered fast these days....

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb your meal sounds good to me! LOL at the weather morons. This morning they were showing the "dip" in the Jetstream that could possibly bring us that four letter word "snow". I would be happy if it would just snow on the mountains for the ski resorts (I know I've said that before) or even on the weekend and I'll just enjoy it. Snowing when I have to be at work or get home from work, either way, is a pain in the well, you know where IMO!

Laughing too about the "sale". QVC has never done that much in the way of real sale prices IMO. $3 or $4 off is not a sale. Plus when they do the buy more/save more pitch these days it makes no sense since the S&H makes that $1 off the actual price so that's no bargain.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 @Spurt @GinaV24... Then they'll have lost me completely. I'm hanging on by a thread as it is, but if they try to force a high interest rate Q Card down my throat, then it'll be a full tilt boogie to say bye-bye...  As for Zulily, in my memory, it's always been one of those sites that forces you to sign up even just to browse. More times than not, I back out of them. I know I did with that one. Even if the mountain of emails go to spam, which is where they belong, I really resent being forced into signing in just to look... I've done it with a few sites and found I almost never go back, so really, why bother.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

So, while I was getting dressed on New Year's Eve, I noted the Q was having a jewelry show... I turned it on ever so briefly... only to see the Jester and Jane and thought to myself anyone watching better be having a two valium night... Needless to say, I went on my merry way... But before I did, I heard Jane commenting (yet again, as she always... does) that she had been his mentor. It shows. I'm not sure I'd own up to that. Then, they both were complementing the other on how each brought the most energy to the Q... Off it went... It hasn't been back on since...

@stevieb  Well STEVIE the Q has come a long way.....I remember one New Years Eve I was sick with the flu and of course my only companions (beside my cats) were my cough medicine and a warm throw.....I stumbled through the channels and came across Lisa Mason doing QVC's New Year Show.....and she made it quite enjoyable---of course back in the day they QVC's products were more unique and Lisa Mason was her usual witty yet calm self.....The Jester & Jayne sounds more like something scary--- more suited for a Halloween/Harvest/Autumn show rather than ringing in the New Year......Woman Frustrated

Night of the Living Dread, to be sure @Spurt... I wasn't in for the long haul anyway, bue even for a few minutes, it was more than I wanted to endure...

Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Spurt, Spurt, Spurt @Spurt... You'll just never learn... AM Style, PM Style, Inspired Style... Department or Redundancy Department, that's the Q... Not even to mention that they'd rarely know actual style if it bit them on the, uh, toe... And sales, well, other than some that we saw right before Christmas, which I'm convinced were solely because their more lame than lame holiday offerings had them badly off their established mark... let's face it, we all know 'sale' is a mystery to them...

I usually opt for black eyed peas on NY Day, but this year, already had some green beans cooked, so served those with some rib eyes, hot rolls and twice baked potatoes... I guess I should've done the black eyes for luck, but let's face it, I'm not sure that's ever made much of a difference in the past. Your meal sounds delicious, other than the cornbread... I prefer mine plain and without the peppers... I like jalapenos, but don't love them... To me, they seem to have become a bit overdone in recent years, but that's me...

For the first time in many years, I also actually watched bowl games for a good part of the day. I'm telling you that hunky little cutie from Stanford (Christian McCaffrey) was robbed blind of the Heisman... No contest, he should've won. That boy does it all. It shouldn't matter who's a senior or a junior or whatever, and who might or might not have other chances to win. The best is the best and he IS the best.

Speaking of the weather morons, one of the local stations is running a promotion about how they 'guarantee' their crack (or is it cracked) certified, registered, whatever, whatever, meteorologist will always predict the day's temperature within 3 degrees... Now I ask you, how hard is that to do....? Not even to mention that given the temperature varies throughout most days, he can almost never be wrong...  Sheesh... Today is finally lovely out... Sunny and cool, and wouldn't you know it, I'm too much of a slug to head out... No real errands to run, so I suppose I'll just hang around the house. Meanwhile, Thursday, which was raining and sloppy, I opted to run around a good part of the day. Go figure...

Woman Wink

@stevieb  OMG---those weather morons and their promotions---LOL!!!  How about going for an ACCURATE forecast!!!  Of course one of our stations touts that they have been "rated the most accurate".....accurate compared to what may I ask????.....Oh that's right the other 2 stations that are more INACCURATE!!!  Woman FrustratedWoman LOL   And then the guy I asked you about since he moved from your area to SA.....he makes and gives away his homemade thermometers I guess so the viewer can see how INACCURATE he is (our temperatures are a bit more unpredictible than your part of the country---they have to time these cool fronts and heat waves here---that can materilize, not materilize or can pan out in the hill country etc etc etc...and then there's the rain and humidity that can impact how hot or cold).....

Well one thing that hasn't changed is the Q----ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!  It may be a new year on the calendar but THE SAME OLE Q!!!!  Oh I think the Easy Pays have gone back to few limited opportunities---UNLESS---you have the FABULOUS Q Card where you are guaranteed 3 Easy Pays (although some restrictions do apply)....so look for MORE promotions and the BIG GIANT Q CARD!!!!----And who said you can only have "fun" on New Year's Eve.... Smiley  Gee, how I wish they'd bring back Saturday morning cartoons....so I'd have something more enjoyable to watch....LOL!!! 

Most of the MAJOR Bowl games were a bust.....even ESPN's Danny Kannel said he wished there was a competitive bowl game---well our Alamo Bowl gave it to him in the second half.....thanks to an injury by Oregon's QB---it gave a chance for TCU (and their backup QB---TCU's starting QB partied too hardy and was involved in a bar fight and fighting with police and thus didn't play)....anyway turned out to be an exciting game and went into 3 overtimes!!! and TCU came back and won!!!  Yes Standford's RB McCaffery is a cutie....Well that Heismann voting isn't exactly rocket science---look at who won previously and what happened.....(think Redskin QB that was benched).....Nuff said!!!  And it's interesting he's showing his face on commercials again this time with other former Heismann Trophy winners..guess he's getting out there so his agent can peddle him to a new NFL team.......Smiley

Yumm ribyeyes and baked potatoes sounds delicious!!!! 

Happy New Year.....and enjoy your Sunday!!! 

Happy NY to you too Spurt and I have to say @Spurt, by the time the Alamo Bowl rolled around I was bowled out and the multiple OT's didn't instill any desire to see that one through either, though I did see the final score before heading off to bed... Yea, the games, overall, were blowouts, but it's the last gasp for this season's college games, and I've watched very little this year, so wanted to catch a few of them...

Yep, the Heisman voting... what's up with that... It's almost like a curse if you win... Regardless, the boy from Stanford is not only a honey, he's amazing... Just amazing and he should've won...

No comment about The Third, other than to wish for him that the back door don't hit him where the good Lord split him on the way out of town...

Weather here has been cool and sunny for the past couple of days. I've not been out and about at all, so given I'll need to run a few errands in the next few days, I suppose I can count on the weather to turn...