Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

@stevieb yes I'll be interested to see if their 4th qtr results came up or not. They didn't get any help from me this year. I shopped elsewhere and seldom watched. I don't like all the "gift" shows. If I want to watch I want to have an idea of what products will be shown, not a mish mosh of stuff. Watched a little bit of AM Style this morning but I'm not a fan of Jayne and most things weren't exciting to me so I passed. LOL at the "sale" prices. I was shopping other sites for things I wanted and they were offering things I can use NOW with anywhere from 25 to 40% off. That's how you do a sale, so once again, QVC did not get MY $.
Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:
@Spurt, yeah fireworks aren't legal here at all but that doesn't stop people. After all that, they set off another round at 6 p.m. on New Year's day - guess they had some left over and decided to celebrate again! Poor Lily ran for cover and walked around the houses looking haunted for an hour.

They were putting them off here too... I hate them. I don't mind the lights but they're always accompanied by too much noise... I also remember when fireworks were a truly special occasion type of thing. Now days, it seems like someone is setting then off somewhere every time anyone successfully burps...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Interested @Spurt @GinaV24 @handygal2 to see if the Q reverts back to their more typical stance of hording EP, you know, now that the make or break 4th Quarter was either made or, uh, broken... During the latter part of the holiday shopping season, they were doing those 'EP flash events' to beat the band, but don't think I've noted one since, though I could be wrong... Hope to see one soon. There's actually one 'beauty' item I'd like to reorder, simply because it's easiest bought from here, the shipping is low and the price is no different from elsewhere, but would like to avail myself of EP... And you know, not being among their anointed few who got the Thanksgiving EP offer...

I tend to agree with you @stevieb, that the Q will now go back to limiting their EP "events." As they say, time will tell...

Yep, we'll see, but I think they'll increasingly be an end of quarter event, to try to help them up their numbers and then only if their numbers are as weak as their programming...

Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do SO hope everyone has made note of the two hours each today of the Total Gym Experience and the Morethanablender shows... I'm telling you, on top of yesterday's compelling programming and tomorrow's Nutrisystem extravaganza, 2016 on Q is off to a truly rousing start... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So, while I was getting dressed on New Year's Eve, I noted the Q was having a jewelry show... I turned it on ever so briefly... only to see the Jester and Jane and thought to myself anyone watching better be having a two valium night... Needless to say, I went on my merry way... But before I did, I heard Jane commenting (yet again, as she always... does) that she had been his mentor. It shows. I'm not sure I'd own up to that. Then, they both were complementing the other on how each brought the most energy to the Q... Off it went... It hasn't been back on since...

Honored Contributor

Happy New Year Spurt! I feel just like this weeks kitty -- too much overindulgence ..... Time to kick back and relax!

Looking forward to your wonderful synopsis of weekend previews in 2016. Looking at the guide looks like you'll have great material -- nothing exciting me! Oh wait, your cute kitty and puppy pics!

Have a great weekend I'm enjoying packing away the holidays and a nice glass of wine watching a chick flick movie!

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

So, while I was getting dressed on New Year's Eve, I noted the Q was having a jewelry show... I turned it on ever so briefly... only to see the Jester and Jane and thought to myself anyone watching better be having a two valium night... Needless to say, I went on my merry way... But before I did, I heard Jane commenting (yet again, as she always... does) that she had been his mentor. It shows. I'm not sure I'd own up to that. Then, they both were complementing the other on how each brought the most energy to the Q... Off it went... It hasn't been back on since...

@stevieb  Well STEVIE the Q has come a long way.....I remember one New Years Eve I was sick with the flu and of course my only companions (beside my cats) were my cough medicine and a warm throw.....I stumbled through the channels and came across Lisa Mason doing QVC's New Year Show.....and she made it quite enjoyable---of course back in the day they QVC's products were more unique and Lisa Mason was her usual witty yet calm self.....The Jester & Jayne sounds more like something scary--- more suited for a Halloween/Harvest/Autumn show rather than ringing in the New Year......Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

Happy New Year Spurt! I feel just like this weeks kitty -- too much overindulgence ..... Time to kick back and relax!

Looking forward to your wonderful synopsis of weekend previews in 2016. Looking at the guide looks like you'll have great material -- nothing exciting me! Oh wait, your cute kitty and puppy pics!

Have a great weekend I'm enjoying packing away the holidays and a nice glass of wine watching a chick flick movie!

@homedecor1  Hey home decor---Happy New Year to you too!!!  Thanks for your kind comments and glad you liked the feline and canine photos.....To be honest with QVC's material the post practically writes itself Woman WinkWoman LOL

OMG---when you finish packing away your holiday decor and you come over and help put away mine!!!!  I have a big job ahead since I also plan to do some reorganizing in my closets to make it easier next year.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Spurt, Spurt, Spurt @Spurt... You'll just never learn... AM Style, PM Style, Inspired Style... Department or Redundancy Department, that's the Q... Not even to mention that they'd rarely know actual style if it bit them on the, uh, toe... And sales, well, other than some that we saw right before Christmas, which I'm convinced were solely because their more lame than lame holiday offerings had them badly off their established mark... let's face it, we all know 'sale' is a mystery to them...

I usually opt for black eyed peas on NY Day, but this year, already had some green beans cooked, so served those with some rib eyes, hot rolls and twice baked potatoes... I guess I should've done the black eyes for luck, but let's face it, I'm not sure that's ever made much of a difference in the past. Your meal sounds delicious, other than the cornbread... I prefer mine plain and without the peppers... I like jalapenos, but don't love them... To me, they seem to have become a bit overdone in recent years, but that's me...

For the first time in many years, I also actually watched bowl games for a good part of the day. I'm telling you that hunky little cutie from Stanford (Christian McCaffrey) was robbed blind of the Heisman... No contest, he should've won. That boy does it all. It shouldn't matter who's a senior or a junior or whatever, and who might or might not have other chances to win. The best is the best and he IS the best.

Speaking of the weather morons, one of the local stations is running a promotion about how they 'guarantee' their crack (or is it cracked) certified, registered, whatever, whatever, meteorologist will always predict the day's temperature within 3 degrees... Now I ask you, how hard is that to do....? Not even to mention that given the temperature varies throughout most days, he can almost never be wrong...  Sheesh... Today is finally lovely out... Sunny and cool, and wouldn't you know it, I'm too much of a slug to head out... No real errands to run, so I suppose I'll just hang around the house. Meanwhile, Thursday, which was raining and sloppy, I opted to run around a good part of the day. Go figure...

Woman Wink

@stevieb  OMG---those weather morons and their promotions---LOL!!!  How about going for an ACCURATE forecast!!!  Of course one of our stations touts that they have been "rated the most accurate".....accurate compared to what may I ask????.....Oh that's right the other 2 stations that are more INACCURATE!!!  Woman FrustratedWoman LOL   And then the guy I asked you about since he moved from your area to SA.....he makes and gives away his homemade thermometers I guess so the viewer can see how INACCURATE he is (our temperatures are a bit more unpredictible than your part of the country---they have to time these cool fronts and heat waves here---that can materilize, not materilize or can pan out in the hill country etc etc etc...and then there's the rain and humidity that can impact how hot or cold).....

Well one thing that hasn't changed is the Q----ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!  It may be a new year on the calendar but THE SAME OLE Q!!!!  Oh I think the Easy Pays have gone back to few limited opportunities---UNLESS---you have the FABULOUS Q Card where you are guaranteed 3 Easy Pays (although some restrictions do apply)....so look for MORE promotions and the BIG GIANT Q CARD!!!!----And who said you can only have "fun" on New Year's Eve.... Smiley  Gee, how I wish they'd bring back Saturday morning cartoons....so I'd have something more enjoyable to watch....LOL!!! 

Most of the MAJOR Bowl games were a bust.....even ESPN's Danny Kannel said he wished there was a competitive bowl game---well our Alamo Bowl gave it to him in the second half.....thanks to an injury by Oregon's QB---it gave a chance for TCU (and their backup QB---TCU's starting QB partied too hardy and was involved in a bar fight and fighting with police and thus didn't play)....anyway turned out to be an exciting game and went into 3 overtimes!!! and TCU came back and won!!!  Yes Standford's RB McCaffery is a cutie....Well that Heismann voting isn't exactly rocket science---look at who won previously and what happened.....(think Redskin QB that was benched).....Nuff said!!!  And it's interesting he's showing his face on commercials again this time with other former Heismann Trophy winners..guess he's getting out there so his agent can peddle him to a new NFL team.......Smiley

Yumm ribyeyes and baked potatoes sounds delicious!!!! 

Happy New Year.....and enjoy your Sunday!!! 

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:
ha, maybe Belichick and Chip would make a good pair -- both cold fish. the difference being the Patriots have trophies to back up his system unlike the Eagles. Hard to say what happens with players when they are traded - unpredictable results for sure. Except that the Redskins (with LeSean Jackson) certainly improved over the season and won at the Eagles home field. No doubt you are right about us paying for it at the grocery store - always seems to be that way. I just feel badly for the farmers losing their crops

@GinaV24  I feel sorry for the farmers too---they have to deal with with droughts or flooding, hot temperatures and unexpected freezes etc etc.....And those people work very very hard ......  Since so much of our state is based on agriculture we hear about it a lot here....

I'd hate to be a player on a team that had BOTH Beli & Chip as coaches.....LOL!  DeSean has played well the last couple of games....he didn't understand why the Eagle fans were so hateful when he had nothing to do with leaving the team....that was all Chip!