Honored Contributor

Q DID WHAT? HAPPY NATIONAL PET DAY!

Hello Folks!

I know many of the regulars on the Q DID WHAT? Preview Topic have furbabies and April 11th has been designated NATIONAL PET DAY!!!!

National Pet Day was founded a decade ago by Colleen Paige, an animal welfare advocate and lifestyle expert.

http://www.petdayusa.com/

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? HAPPY NATIONAL PET DAY!

Everyday is pet day at my house.  I have four dogs now; an aged Aussie and collie, my little pound puppy, Misty and the newest, a sheltie name Bing who came on a trial basis a week ago and is staying.  They're all rescues.

Bing with Misty in back.

2016-04-11 01.44.15.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

Bing is gorgeous! Congratulations on finding each other!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom  Thanks IG.  He's a real cutie.  I've been working with collie rescue for 13 years and kind of get first choice at those coming in.  He's kind of shy but is warming up fast.  He's a happy little fellow, not one to sit around and bemoan his fate.  His mom and dad are getting divorced so they relinquished him and a collie.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@KingstonsMom  Thanks IG.  He's a real cutie.  I've been working with collie rescue for 13 years and kind of get first choice at those coming in.  He's kind of shy but is warming up fast.  He's a happy little fellow, not one to sit around and bemoan his fate.  His mom and dad are getting divorced so they relinquished him and a collie.

@Kachina624

My sheltie, Harley, was a bit shy too......until he was running figure eights around the yard to catch that dang UPS man! LOL!

I'm glad you were able to give him him furever home and all the love he can stand!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624  How beautiful Bing is!  

You have a kind & generous heart to work w/the rescue group & also to bring these wonderful companions into your home.  🐾

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624   That's wonderful that he found you and your family.  I've adopted dogs that I've fostered, too.  I'm surprised his family gave him up  because they were getting a divorce.  I would have fought for custody.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack  I often wonder what's behind these decisions to get rid of the dog (s) just because there is a change in circumstances.  I've gotten several nice dogs because their families are moving.  Dogs can't move too?  I think it's just an excuse to dump an animal they really don't want.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@NickNack  I often wonder what's behind these decisions to get rid of the dog (s) just because there is a change in circumstances.  I've gotten several nice dogs because their families are moving.  Dogs can't move too?  I think it's just an excuse to dump an animal they really don't want.

@Kachina624  The last rescue I fostered and adopted was given up because they bought her so she would play with their other dog.  When she wouldn't play, they decided to give her up.  I couldn't understand it.  She was one of the sweetest dogs I've ever had.  She got along well with my other dog even though she didn't want to play.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There's absolutely no way to say this 'kindly'... so I'm just going to let 'er rip... but I absolutely hate (cannot stand... have no tolerance for... loathe... despise...) people who make animals collateral damange because they're unable to manage their their personal lives, kids and other responsibilities... There's a special place you know where for them...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...