Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? DECLINE IN WOMENS CLOTHING SALES

@butterfly123 wrote:

I find the statements about surveyors interesting. Usually if someone receives a survey,or is called and asked their opinions, the post about "Did you receive a survey" would be a topic of discussion on the community page.

Did any of you receive a phone call or survey?

@butterfly123

I did not receive a survey, nor a phone call.  But I heard from a couple people on the Forums that said they got a survey and it was regarding reasons for making less purchases...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

West Chester’s TV shopping network giant QVC saw its shares rebound five percent after falling to a three-year low of $21.61 after an unexpected drop in women’s clothing sales and higher than expected customer-loan losses this summer, writes Joseph N. DiStefano for Philly.com.

Does anyone know what customer-loan losses means?

do you think it means that customers defaulted on easy pay payments? easy pay IS a loan in a sense.

I was bored so I read the entire transcript of the conference call. Yes, there has been an increase in the default on easy pay payments, but it has come primarily from new customers. As a result, the Q is monitoring and making some minor changes in the easy pay offerings.

That explains why easy pay dried up.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

if there is a decrease in fashion sales and he made this statement..... isnt it interesting that MANY of the complaints that i have seen on the fashion board are about THESE brands and vendors?

Most QVC key brands continue to perform well, with Logo, Isaac Mizrahi, Susan Graver, and Denim & Co. all recording increases in sales this year.

@sunshine45

That's a great point!!!  If people complain about these brands I wonder if the customers just don't bother to return them back to QVC and instead donate them........

I see the complaints, but I haven't experienced issues with sizing or quality.  I made two returns lately.  They were both for style.  It was one of those what was I thinking... 

Honored Contributor

I got a survey asking about my buying habits.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? MORE NEWS ON QVC'S FINANCIAL RESULTS

@Spurt wrote:

@Jasmine19 wrote:

Gee a decrease in summer clothing sales? Maybe that's because QVC hardly offered any summer clothing this year. If they would concentrate on shorts and light weight clothing in June and July (instead of CIG) they may have sold a few more items. I know the fashion world sells a season ahead but QVC doesn't have to follow the herd. When it's 90 degrees out I don't care about coats and bulky sweaters but I would buy a sundress, light weight maxi, or some nice comfy pull on shorts.

@Jasmine19 @Lipstickdiva 

I agree about the summer clothing....QVC seems to ignore customers that live in the South, Southwest, and West and concentrates on clothing for the North and Northeast.  I've seen threads discussing this issue. Funny thing a co-worker said she wrote to one of the hosts on their Facebook Page regarding this very topic and got a snarky response back and then she noticed her comment had been deleted....

Hi Spurt!  Love you girl, but I hope you will consider that we have hot and humid summers in the North and Northeast.  Unless someone lives in the very far north, we are as interested in summer clothes as anybody.  I consider September an extension of summer.  I think people in the north or northeast cherish their summers, and nobody wants to be reminded of the colder weather coming.  I very much dislike this rushing of the seasons!

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

Spurt, I used to buy cat food at Amazon.  If my little Angel hadn't crossed the bridge, I still would.  Last year I had cancer and wasn't able to go out shopping.  I bought a lot of things on line that I never had before.  I could buy cat food on Amazon cheaper than going to the pet store with a coupon.  Couldn't find litter cheaper though or even reasonable.  Had to send someone to get it at the store.

@GCR18

I am sorry to hear that you had cancer last year. And am glad Amazon and other retailers offered an option to help you with your shopping. And heartfelt condolences on your little angel that crossed the Rainbrow Bridge......

Heart

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wonder how they would/could tweak easy pay. I was surprised by the decline in kitchen items. Maybe the food items are lumped into this category--I have never bought food from Q. I detest the food fest shows. No host could ever take a bite and then say the food is mediocre or bad, no sales person could, so the over-the-top responses to every product are unbelievable (as is the price). 

If they don't have their best customers shopping for clothes like before, all they have to do is look how their shipping policy has made clothing purchases more like a $10 try-on gamble and the accompanying $5-10 jump in prices on nearly every item has left them with only easy pay as an incentive. Factor in the inconsistent sizing and quality issues, and it's easy to see why clothing sales have dropped. You can burn people only so many times--even the die-hard customers will eventually look elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

There are getting to be so many threads about QVC's rocky road I'm not reading every post, so if any of this is redundant, well, redundancy is, after all, the name of the game around here... So, a few thoughts...

First, I do NOT shop Amazon solely for pet food (which I don't buy there, as a rule) or household goods (though I do buy some of them there, and love their NEW option: "Amazon Pantry") and I very definitely HAVE moved some of my former QVC accessory and cosmetic purchases over to Amazon, though NEITHER QVC nor Amazon has been my go-to resource for clothes and probably never will be... I also make some of my small electronic purchases from Amazon and NOT from QVC... As for clothes, I still like the option of trying most things on and I don't appreciate paying two way shipping for the privilege... When I am shopping on-line for clothes, it doesn't tend to be with either of them...

As for speculation as to which of "their" brands significantly under-performed recently, my money is still on Gili, which I think has suffered since Lisa Robertson transitioned out and given that the line is no longer made or marketed as it was when she was a presence. I also wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that Joan Rivers' line hasn't performed as well since her death... I also wonder if Dooney sales have dropped from where they once were, purely as a result of serious over-saturation of programming on the part of QVC...

As for that survey... I do know folks who received it and while I didn't, I'd not hesitate to point out to Boy George, that you only get answers to questions asked... Even then, you don't always get full, nuanced answers... He can try to spin it any freakin' way he wants --- I mean, let's face it, he always does, and to some extent that's his job... Of course, one would also assume his job would be to right the ship... or, to have never let it get this dour in the first place --- but regardless of the spin, QVC hasn't looked like a winner in a long, long time... Rather than blaming market conditions and so on, maybe taking a good, long look at what customers are telling him on the several threads addressing this fiasco would make for smart reading...

So Q stock rebounded by 5%... They can spin that any way they want it too, but were I a major shareholder, I'm not sure that would be keeping me warm at night...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Many of you have pointed out some very valid reasons why QVC's summer clothing sales may have faltered. I agree that there really were not manysummer items offered to begin with. From April on, we have been inundated with long sleeved tops and long pants, hoodies and jackets- as tsv's, hot picks and show inventory. If I hear one more time that we need these because of air conditioning, I will go ballistic! 

Another obvious reason is that to return any clothing item now costs us about $10.00 if you add the cost of the return shipping label and the original shipping cost. Sizing is inconsistent, we all recognize that, and QVC will not take ownership of that significant fact. The click here measurements do not always match the item one receives, and trying to explain that to CSRs is not a day at the beach.

I am not a risk taker, and I don't like to gamble. Buying clothes from QVC is now very much like gambling, and I am not willing to risk $10 on an item that may or may not fit me! It is much safer to order online from a brick and mortar store with free shipping where I can return or exchange if there is an issue.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Jasmine19 wrote:

Gee a decrease in summer clothing sales? Maybe that's because QVC hardly offered any summer clothing this year. If they would concentrate on shorts and light weight clothing in June and July (instead of CIG) they may have sold a few more items. I know the fashion world sells a season ahead but QVC doesn't have to follow the herd. When it's 90 degrees out I don't care about coats and bulky sweaters but I would buy a sundress, light weight maxi, or some nice comfy pull on shorts.

@Jasmine19 @Lipstickdiva 

I agree about the summer clothing....QVC seems to ignore customers that live in the South, Southwest, and West and concentrates on clothing for the North and Northeast.  I've seen threads discussing this issue. Funny thing a co-worker said she wrote to one of the hosts on their Facebook Page regarding this very topic and got a snarky response back and then she noticed her comment had been deleted....

Hi Spurt!  Love you girl, but I hope you will consider that we have hot and humid summers in the North and Northeast.  Unless someone lives in the very far north, we are as interested in summer clothes as anybody.  I consider September an extension of summer.  I think people in the north or northeast cherish their summers, and nobody wants to be reminded of the colder weather coming.  I very much dislike this rushing of the seasons!

@PamfromCT 

Pam, my friend, I totally understand what your saying, I didn't mean to sound unsympathetic to customers in the North/Northeast. I have relatives that live in the Northeast and have visited them during those hot sticky and humid summers and they had no air conditioning in their homes either.  And your absolutely right---no one in the North/Northeast wants to be reminded of cold weather (and in some parts of the country its a looooong winter too). 

Of course, it's not just summer fashions at QVC---when people in the warmer climates can now wear long sleeves in the "fall"/"winter", QVC shows not a one, and switches to all these heavy heavy coats (think Nanook of the north) and heavy sweaters/cardigans.....our winters arent that cold...and sometimes very mild.....And those in the North/Northeast don't wear clothes like that INDOORS when they have the heat on, so where are the options?????

I know clothing retailers always try to get a jump on the next season ahead.....but QVC brings it to an extreme...they start showing capris in January ......  hardly any summer stuff at all....