Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? DECLINE IN WOMENS CLOTHING SALES

@momtochloe wrote:

West Chester’s TV shopping network giant QVC saw its shares rebound five percent after falling to a three-year low of $21.61 after an unexpected drop in women’s clothing sales and higher than expected customer-loan losses this summer, writes Joseph N. DiStefano for Philly.com.

Does anyone know what customer-loan losses means?

@momtochloe

I would assume defaulting on credit cards and easy-pay returns 'cause someone has to pay up front and even if they charge for that, many returns will cost them imho.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

West Chester’s TV shopping network giant QVC saw its shares rebound five percent after falling to a three-year low of $21.61 after an unexpected drop in women’s clothing sales and higher than expected customer-loan losses this summer, writes Joseph N. DiStefano for Philly.com.

I believe it's defaults on easy pay.

Honored Contributor

I tell you what.... until Q (Quality) VC decides to make sure they are selling a quality fabric and makes sure that the item fits an average American woman with the CORRECT garment sizing, they will continue to have problems selling their clothing.

The quality of the fabrics are SHODDY.  I was just burned with two faux suede Joan Rivers items.  Faux suede/moleskin is my all time favorite fabric.  I know the sizing of the boyfriend shirt and ordered two a full size down because I knew they would be great.  I also know that the JR products are made extremely well.  At $50 a piece (I don't do this often, especially two at a time) I was positive they would be great.  They came out of the package just gorgeous!  They fit beautifully, the fabric was soft and flowy so I washed them according to directions and couldn't believe the wrinkling!  Washed them again, this time I fluffed them for a few minutes and then hung them to dry.  The material stiffened up and the wrinkles were still there.  I tried ironing... I even ironed them like you do wool, on the inside with a wet cloth and a little hotter iron... still wrinkled.

I sent them back!  At the tune of $6.98 per package~!!

If QVC wants to see more clothing sales, then perhaps THEY should be on top of the manufacturing of the fabric because this was sad.  I've sewn my whole life.... I understand fabrics and faux suede/moleskin should require NO IRONING.  Lusious faux suede should go into a washer and into a dryer and come out wrinkle free when you remove it immediately!  I still have tops made of this material that's 20 years old or more and they look great!!  No ironing... soft, flowy and indestructable....

You'd think I'd learn from the last go-around when I swore no more. Woman Frustrated

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

do you think it means that customers defaulted on easy pay payments? easy pay IS a loan in a sense.

I was bored so I read the entire transcript of the conference call. Yes, there has been an increase in the default on easy pay payments, but it has come primarily from new customers. As a result, the Q is monitoring and making some minor changes in the easy pay offerings.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the help everybody, I couldn't imagine defaulting on payments like that . . . Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I find the statements about surveyors interesting. Usually if someone receives a survey,or is called and asked their opinions, the post about "Did you receive a survey" would be a topic of discussion on the community page.

Did any of you receive a phone call or survey?

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

if there is a decrease in fashion sales and he made this statement..... isnt it interesting that MANY of the complaints that i have seen on the fashion board are about THESE brands and vendors?

Most QVC key brands continue to perform well, with Logo, Isaac Mizrahi, Susan Graver, and Denim & Co. all recording increases in sales this year.

@sunshine45

That's a great point!!!  If people complain about these brands I wonder if the customers just don't bother to return them back to QVC and instead donate them........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

do you think it means that customers defaulted on easy pay payments? easy pay IS a loan in a sense.

I was bored so I read the entire transcript of the conference call. Yes, there has been an increase in the default on easy pay payments, but it has come primarily from new customers. As a result, the Q is monitoring and making some minor changes in the easy pay offerings.

@KonaKat  That's interesting....and I think there was mention of fewer Easy Pay offers too.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Spurt, I used to buy cat food at Amazon.  If my little Angel hadn't crossed the bridge, I still would.  Last year I had cancer and wasn't able to go out shopping.  I bought a lot of things on line that I never had before.  I could buy cat food on Amazon cheaper than going to the pet store with a coupon.  Couldn't find litter cheaper though or even reasonable.  Had to send someone to get it at the store.

Honored Contributor

butterfly123 wrote:

I find the statements about surveyors interesting. Usually if someone receives a survey,or is called and asked their opinions, the post about "Did you receive a survey" would be a topic of discussion on the community page.

Did any of you receive a phone call or survey?

no, i have never received a phone call or survey. i am a customer though who has been purchasing MORE fashion than in previous years......mainly because i really like the style and quality of halston,  c wonder, logo.....and pieces from a few other lines of fashion/shoes/handbags.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein