Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? MORE NEWS ON QVC'S FINANCIAL RESULTS

@Melania wrote:

Didn't you already 'chicken little' this to death?

What do think they should do about it? Hmm...?

If they fail there will be no board to rant on and about. Then will where you be?

@Melania

There is still discussion going on what QVC line had a sales decline and this article seemed to answer the question.

Maybe we as customers want QVC to listen to our feedback

And gee what would you do without a board to snark other posters? Then where will you be?

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? DECLINE IN WOMENS CLOTHING SALES

"The sales shortfall is with our best customers,” he continued, saying that those are heavy users who can make dozens of QVC purchases monthly."

QVC, so your addicts have had an intervention!  Good on them.  Now maybe you can refocus your marketing and diversify your product array for the rest of us who arent likely to buy because we think you love us.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I know a lot of people who buy their dog food from Amazon.  LOL

I order my dog food because she only gets holistic food and the only place near me that carries it is much more expensive that on-line places I can order it from.  Plus the big 40 pound bag is delivered to my doorstep. I don't have to tredge it through a store, load it into my car and then unload it into my house. 

I agree with the poster who said QVC didn't offer much summer clothing.  That is true.  So it doesn't surprise me they had a decline in clothing sales.   

@Lipstickdiva

I guess I don't know anyone that did order their pet food from Amazon. You make good points about why you purchase your dog food from them --- the distance and especially about not having to drag that 40 pound bag from your car to your house since it's delivered to your doorstep---!!!  Does Amazon have cat litter---I hate to tredge that 30 lb bag into my house!!!  LOL  And if it's a certain brand it would be cheaper than ordering from a vet too...... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the financials for QVC's (what used to be their cash cow) clothing lines.    The price increase just over two (2) years have been astronomical.   ~Thanks SPURT for the heads-up by posting the site~.

@Spurt   PS: I buy my dog food from SMILE.AMAZON.com since .5% of the proceeds go to a charity of one's choice...one of them is the ASPCA)!

Honored Contributor

Once again, this makes sense.  There's a large decline in retail going on with declines in many chains.

Ironically, as QVC had trouble , this year so far I've bought more clothing from them than usual.

Overall, though, I'm really not shopping the way I used to anywhere.  Thank heavens the majority of what I own is classic in style and I'm happy most of the time to wear what I already own.

That, of course, doesn't much help Chico's or Nordstrom where some years I bought in large quantities or even QVC where lots of years I bought no clothing and this year's increase makes for a still-small number of orders.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, said this before, the QVC never seems to realize that when purchasing clothing we need to know measurements and fit, which means put the hosts to work like they used to:  state the measurements per size, describe the fit and state what size everyone is wearing along with their usual size.  Same with shoes, we must know the fit, etc.. and, giving length measurements would be helpful.  And, customers should not be charged for exchanges!  Unlike a B&M, we cannot try items on!

As far a kitchen thingies, it's the same-o, same-o ninety percent of the time.  And, they don't make it interesting anymore.  Years ago, the host(s) actually cooked during the shows:  Rick and David would form celebrity teams and the audience would vote.  Kept things interesting.  Also, I don't trust anything they say about the food they sell.  Tired of the happy dances and how yummy everything is; I read customers reviews because the hosts will say anything to make a sale, not thinking ahead that their word will soon become meaningless.

As far as jewelry, it would be nice, imho, if they would modernize their line.

Well, guess I got carried away, but certainly can understand how/why their numbers are dropping.

Honored Contributor

West Chester’s TV shopping network giant QVC saw its shares rebound five percent after falling to a three-year low of $21.61 after an unexpected drop in women’s clothing sales and higher than expected customer-loan losses this summer, writes Joseph N. DiStefano for Philly.com.

Does anyone know what customer-loan losses means?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would think all the posts I've read about inconsistent sizing would have an impact on their clothing sales, especially when it is so expensive to try something.  I only buy clothes in local stores where I can try them on.  Sizes just vary too much.  I did recently get a sweater from HSN, but the vendor was 5'3", a similar size, and it looked good on her.  Which brings me to another possibility -- models who don't reflect the size of the viewing audience.  They've started having plus sized models, but they are always very tall. They rarely have petite models in any size.  So we're right back at the issue of expensive returns.

I also thought they really had a short summer clothing cycle.  Saw Carolyn Gracie this morning in what looked like a heavy cardigan.  Most of what I saw in the show was for fall, but wasn't able to catch the entire hour.  The humidity is going to be record setting this week.  And I'm betting it will be very warm through September.  

Honored Contributor

if there is a decrease in fashion sales and he made this statement..... isnt it interesting that MANY of the complaints that i have seen on the fashion board are about THESE brands and vendors?

Most QVC key brands continue to perform well, with Logo, Isaac Mizrahi, Susan Graver, and Denim & Co. all recording increases in sales this year.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

mtc wrote:

West Chester’s TV shopping network giant QVC saw its shares rebound five percent after falling to a three-year low of $21.61 after an unexpected drop in women’s clothing sales and higher than expected customer-loan losses this summer, writes Joseph N. DiStefano for Philly.com.

Does anyone know what customer-loan losses means?

do you think it means that customers defaulted on easy pay payments? easy pay IS a loan in a sense.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein