Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? 3/5-3/6 PRVW- Q'S GOT THE FEVER AND IT'S SCREEN TIME!

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

No capris... why, I never... Uh-uh-uh... I suppose, @Spurt, your attitude on fashion was to be anticipated... For oh so many reasons, all the evidence was there... Hmmpf... So you just stay cool if not, well, cool... We'll miss you in the Hamptons... Oh, and by the way... I do NOT do the Peanuts gang... Ever...

@stevieb  Hampton Shamptons.......it's boring.....Take this house for example...

Think of all the DYSON vacuuming you will have to do.....and then there is putting all those Northern Nights sheets on the bed for overnight guests ---thankfully La Marm had that video on how to properly fold sheets ..Then there is fixing all those soups, sauces, and smoothies for the soiree with your Vitamxi.....and get the Keurig going for those that want, coffee, tea, or cocoa......and make a special dessert with your Kitchen Aid mixer........and serving your water cress sandwiches on Temp-tations (I just hope the dinnerware doesn't crack or explode)....And of course you have to move your Bose pool side so you can have some soft music playing in the background.....and make sure you have plenty of extra iphones and tablets and computers on hand for those invitees that want to catch up with their social media but may have left their electronics at home...And of course be sure to set the tone with BLISS LIGHTS up in your trees and in the pool water to create just the right atmosphere...and throw those Kansas City Steaks on your George Foreman electric grill..WHY A HOSTESS WOULD BE JUST TOTALLY WORN OUT!!!...Of course you'd be fresh as a daisy after dousing yourself with Philosophy.....and of course, you'd be totally ON TREND with your polyester pants courtesy of Graver and your Logo shark bite hem top ..BTW what bag would you accessorize with--the Dooney Logo or Gili hobo....And would you wear Clarks or Vionics????Sad to say your soiree  would be the most boring event ever courtesy of QVC......................Woman Very HappyWoman WinkWoman LOL..

And you don't like the Peanuts Gang---Woman Sad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh Spurt, Spurt @Spurt dahhhhhling... How funny and provincial you are... Why dahhhhhling, don't you know... While Chaucey Chew and Busy Mom might like to take the name of our dear Hamptons (in vain, I might add...) to try to foster their little sales pitches... those of us true Hamptonites dahhhhhhhhhling, wouldn't be caught dead hosting a soiree utilizing QVC... Truly dear, that would be akin to calling in Walmart to plan a wedding at the Plaza... Tut-tut-tut...

Not even to mention dahhhhhling that WE don't prepare our houses for these soirees, nor do we clean up after them... That, dahhhhhhhhling, is why we have staff...

And no, dahhhhhhling, I've never had any use for the Peanuts gang or for those tired specials they insist on foisting out there for every freakin' holiday... Never liked the comic strip either... That said, I do like capris...

Hehehehe...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

LOL, @Spurt. Satire at its finest!! You've said it all. If there's still such a thing as Nielsen ratings, the Q's must be in the toilet, along with the PooPourri. And there definitely are better places to buy most of the items they sell... 

Have a great weekend.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just got the "flash sale" email, everything on easy pay for next few hours.  Helloo QVC... easy pay is NOT a "sale". 

Well Sprut I didn't subject my sick father to the noises of QVC while he was on couch with the flu.  I did pull tough love once, worked form home for 2 days, he kept telling me to go to work he could take care of himself, so I just said on Tuesday.... if you don't cooperate today I WILL NOT leave you home alone tomorrow... he sat up and was a good patient all day long!  He does have serious health issues, one being insulin dependent, 4 times daily.  He is on the mend and so tomorrow I do a road trip (about 2 hrs) and spend night with my daughter and watch my youngest grandcdaughter while her and hubby get a night out.  She is pregnant with 2nd one now.  Come July she will have 3 year old and newborn on her hands.  Been sewing like crazy and have the little one's summer outfits done and will be taking them to her.  Onto sewing for the older two grandkids next. 

Love the picture of the basset hound using two pots to sleep on!

Valued Contributor

Hey @Spurt  Excellent preview, very funny Smiley Very Happy  The running bunnies reminded me of Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail running from Farmer McGregor :-)  It amazes me that people buy plants and bulbs from the TV!  I think they must see these beautiful plants and hope they will get the same results, but I wonder how successful people are, particularly people who do not have green thumbs.  They make it sound like you just plop these onto the ground or into a pot, add some water and hey, presto, gorgeousplants and flowers and it just isn't true.  Oh well, some of us learn the hard way (but at least some of us learn, my sister bough a computer from the Q in the 90's, that mistake was not repeated!)

Happy weekend, enjoy the great outdoors if the weather is nice, I am going to be at the barn tomorrow (my favorite place) and then do some Spring Cleaning on Sunday (I have many things that need to find a new home Cat Very Happy )

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

Hit the snooze button

there was all day gardening 2 weeks ago on a Saturday and again now?

Why not do fashion all day on a weekend for the women working during the week?

@jackthebear @Bird mama But jackthebear...........Sadly QVC never ever considers the working women when planning their weekend programming....that would make too much sense Woman Frustrated  They seem to only schedule unique programming during the day time when working woman can't watch.....or perhaps QVC wants people to run the risk of getting fired because they are streamlining QVC or ordering stuff when they are supposed to be WORKING!

@Spurt,  yeah  I know,Smiley when they day comes that I have this place figured out, I quit 

Valued Contributor

I don't garden, so I'm not watching!   I have to say this is my favorit flower, ever!

I would take a dozen of them!  (Really, I would never make a dog sit still for hours on end in a flower pot, but it makes a good picture!)

Tomorrow doesn't look good, either.  Plus, don't forget that in addition to the 7 hours dedicated exclusively to the TSV, they will have to interrupt ITKWD for a "special presentation" of the tablet.  Plus, about half of Carolyn & Dan's show will be devoted to it as well.  (At least that's all I ever see when I flip over during the commercials from my regular Sunday morning viewing!)

Oh, and @Spurt remember the $6.95 try-on fee is now a minimum of $9.95 because you don't get your $3 (or more) shipping back either. Smiley Sad  Only way you get by for $6.95 is to buy Vionic or something else with S&H included.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Valued Contributor

@Spurt  Your Hamptons house is BORING???

Use some imagination!  Imagine all of those heavy chairs replaced with Bliss hammocks!  Imagine the landscaping done with Cottage Farms or Roberta's flowers in every gaudy color imagineable!  Picture some assorted spinners popping up every whipstitch.  Then imagine some fakey-looking critters - frogs and such strewn among your landscaping.  Now, you see?  You can easily turn this place into something that will be the talk of the town!

(And on the inside, just think of all the gift closets!!!)

And if you are going to be doing all of that entertaining, don't forget to stock up on the Poo Pourri!  Now, you could be a cheapskate and search online for a good deal buying by the case . . . or you could just order a set every time the Q has it on.  Smiley LOL

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, do I see that some are getting notification of the EP flash EVENTS (note to Q, there are not 'sales', you've yet to learn what an actual 'sale' is...) via email?  What, wait, don't tell me, are these RANDOM too...?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Oh Spurt, Spurt @Spurt dahhhhhling... How funny and provincial you are... Why dahhhhhling, don't you know... While Chaucey Chew and Busy Mom might like to take the name of our dear Hamptons (in vain, I might add...) to try to foster their little sales pitches... those of us true Hamptonites dahhhhhhhhhling, wouldn't be caught dead hosting a soiree utilizing QVC... Truly dear, that would be akin to calling in Walmart to plan a wedding at the Plaza... Tut-tut-tut...

Not even to mention dahhhhhling that WE don't prepare our houses for these soirees, nor do we clean up after them... That, dahhhhhhhhling, is why we have staff...

And no, dahhhhhhling, I've never had any use for the Peanuts gang or for those tired specials they insist on foisting out there for every freakin' holiday... Never liked the comic strip either... That said, I do like capris...

Hehehehe...

@stevieb  Well you have a wonderful time in the Hamptons.....and say hello to all QVC hosts (past and present) out there for me... Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”