Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? 3/12-3/13 PRVW-SHOES, SHOES, SHOES and WHAT'S COOKIN'

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

@Very cute post as usual @Spurt !!! Made me think of shoes I wore in school....HUSH PUPPIES

funny-dog-picture-hush-puppy.jpg

@Nataliesgramma---- HUSH PUPPY----LOL!!!  Loved the photo...Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

@Spurt  Thanks so much that you open your post to me going so off the topic!  

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Valued Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@3cupcakes

My dog Max never like shoes on his feet but in his old age, he dug his sherpa coat/cape.  I used to say he looked like dracula when he was stalking a squirrel while wearing it.

@Bird mama  What a visual I'm getting of your Max in his cape!  He must have given you lots of laughs & sweet memories.  

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

well I skipped most of Saturday QVC's offerings and all of Sunday. Moving on, nothing to see here.  Love the animal photos as always.  I was changing out things for my spring decor so the cats were following me around looking in the boxes.

I was going to wear my new spring boots tomorrow but it is supposed to rain and they are suede so even with the spray protectant, I think I'll opt for something that won't be a problem in the wet.

thanks as always @Spurt for the fun commentary and preview.

@GinaV24  I concur ---not much to watch EITHER DAY on the Q.....

Sorry you didnt get a chance to wear your new spring boots......take care!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@katiescarlett wrote:

SPURT, another classic wrap-up of the weekend.  If there was any doubt about the inordinate amount of time spent on the TSV, this morning the TSV was on the air, I went out, fed the horses, fed the barn cats, moved the horses to a different field, filled up a bucket of water near the barn for my dogs for when they join me at the barn, and when I got back into the house, they were STILL on the TSV.  The only reason I had it on was to watch the cookbook from the woman from SC.  So I put it on mute until her presentation, watched it, then turned it off.  So sick and tired of Temp-tations.  Will the madness never end???Woman Surprised

And I just checked out what was on ITKWD and I could not believe almost $60 for three 1.5lbs meatloaves courtesy of Emeril.  And $74 for a Smithfield ham?? I paid $5 for a Smithfield ham at my local grocery store during a sale. And the original price was no where near $74.  And potstickers, another ultimate rip-off.

And I see the viewing audience is being blessed with another full day of gardening on Tues.

Anyway, gorgeous day here, had a nice riding lesson yesterday in the outdoor arena.  Jordaen had spring fever as he threw in a little rodeo buck at one point.  Gidget is ready to wash and put away her winter sweaters.  And the horses are really shedding now.  I really love to shed out a horse....I know, I am weird.  Back to the real world at work tomorrow, spring break is over so all the kiddies will be back, texting away.

@katiescarlett  hey KATIE!!!! 

Glad you have some beautiful weather in your neck of the woods and a nice riding lesson....So if Gidget is putting her winter sweaters away, does she have any spring and/or Easter outfits she will be bringing out.....And it's not only your horses shedding....my cats are doing that too....and gee I JUST vacuumed and there's some MORE cat hair---Figgy will just have to learn to vacuum up her own fur clumps---LOL!!!

WOW so your spring break is over, and people in our area are just beginning there's .....it's supposed to be HOT here the next couple of days---90 & 91....before it cools back down to low 80's and mid 70's.....blame the west wind our weather persons said......

And it's not only students that are texting away......there was almost a bad accident caused by a person playing with their phone while driving....and they don't even care that's illegal here...And my sis is obsessed with her phone----I hate to go shopping with her anymore as she constantly has to stop and check her phone and text or post and check things on her Facebook---I told her the world won't stop if she doesn't look or use her phone for an hour---SHEESH!!! 

I think it's crazy that people buy food from QVC----their prices are outrageous, and even if a person doesn't like to cook there are other cheaper local options around and even local grocers that will even deliver now!!! 

As far as Temp-tations, you read more and more complaints and bad reviews and bad CS if you call Tara's parent company directly....I was happy to see Lenox on a couple weeks ago--at least the people I know that have that brand are pleased with their quality...and it's made at a factory in N.Carolina!!! ---although it can be pricey.....I got my dinnerware at an outlet store at an outlet mall at a great price!!!---and haven't had to worry about chipping, grazing, or exploding....Woman WinkWoman Very Happy  Tara keeps expanding her line...I mean come on---Christmas trees and bed spreads---LOL!!!

Have a GREAT week--and watch out for those TEXTING STUDENTS!!! Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Justice4all wrote:

@Spurt@Bird mama

attached to the goose in Tevas story is one about a penguin who swims 5000 miles to visit the Brazillian man who saved its life!

http://fellowshipoftheminds.com/2016/03/10/penguin-swims-5000-miles-every-year-to-visit-brazilian-ma...

@Justice4all  What a great story---Animals are just WONDERFUL, and nice to know there are still a few humans around with a kind heart too!!! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@3cupcakes wrote:

@Spurt  Thanks so much that you open your post to me going so off the topic!  

@3cupcakes  I don't think it was off topic at all----my post features animals and I think all the people that respond also love animals no matter what species is discussed!---be it a goose, dog, cat, horse, etc etc.......Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb  Hey STEVIE....BTW as you flipped through the channels to find something INTERESTING to watch----normally that's as scarce as a diversity in Q's programmin....but did you notice "aunt" Mindy chose to have her "cooking event" the SAME day as QVC's HA!HA! but not much better than the Q's.....I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....but the smartest counter move would've been to find something else to copy Woman Wink

Have a great Sunday!

Nope @Spurt... I'm not checking out Auntie M's programming with any more regularity than I am QVC's... I'd say all the home shopping entities are looking a bit weary and frayed around the edges as it appears they've all fallen into the same stale strategy... There really isn't enough difference between them to warrant all three of them as far as I can see. They all seem to subsist on a too steady diet of the same product category tedium... I will say, though, that those occasional 20 percent off coupons HSN doles out at least make it worth one's while to look, even though I sometimes can't even find anything on which I want to use them. I can't even remember the last time I actually watched HSN or, for that matter, a full program on QVC. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb  Hey STEVIE....BTW as you flipped through the channels to find something INTERESTING to watch----normally that's as scarce as a diversity in Q's programmin....but did you notice "aunt" Mindy chose to have her "cooking event" the SAME day as QVC's HA!HA! but not much better than the Q's.....I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....but the smartest counter move would've been to find something else to copy Woman Wink

Have a great Sunday!

Nope @Spurt... I'm not checking out Auntie M's programming with any more regularity than I am QVC's... I'd say all the home shopping entities are looking a bit weary and frayed around the edges as it appears they've all fallen into the same stale strategy... There really isn't enough difference between them to warrant all three of them as far as I can see. They all seem to subsist on a too steady diet of the same product category tedium... I will say, though, that those occasional 20 percent off coupons HSN doles out at least make it worth one's while to look, even though I sometimes can't even find anything on which I want to use them. I can't even remember the last time I actually watched HSN or, for that matter, a full program on QVC. 

@stevieb  I think your right about the shopping channels with all the expense the vendor's have to go through to get their products on air and splitting or sharing the profits probably not worth it to the vendors......perhaps that is why both HSN/QVC's selections are so limited---and seeing the SAME things I see in my local stores---just another turnoff too...as are the annoying hosts that seem to get the Q spotlight.....Yet the die hard Q cheerleaders keep plugging away---and defending the Almighty Q---they said I could watch the videos for the Irish products I missed, yet I challenged them --- what if a product  is sold out???? what is the point, then???  Yet I get no additional "solution" to solve my problem ---go figure!!! I'm waiting.....Woman Wink Smiley

So what's new at the Qwappitol?  Are the cherry blossoms in bloom (just in time for the Kite Festival---which the Q I'm sure will send a crew to cover---maybe you can invite them to lunch?).......The weather here has been miserable---after hitting 90 twice, it cooled down but is mid 70's with high humdity not much better?  Thankfully we will be getting some rain and another cool front which will bring the temps down to 60 & 65 for a few days---I better enjoy it while I can.......

Browsed Hobby Lobby and Home Goods---some nice things---but didn't purchase anything this time around.....it's so refreshing to see something NEW from retailers, don't ya think Woman Wink    Sis did find a kitchen rug she had been looking for, and she couldn't believe the price!!!  ---

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not all that much new in the Qwapital @Spurt just as there's not much new on Q... I don't know how or why home shopping has degenerated to what it has become, and I don't even much care... I just know it's no longer much on my radar... How could it be...? Why would it be...? Oy...

The weather here has been a mixed bag and wildly changeable... From near 80 one day to the 30's a few days later... The last few days have been very dreary and chilly... It'll be nice to see some sun again when that day should come... And temps in the 50's would be welcome...

I was reading a thread about, uh, haircare and I'm sorry, I was literally floored to see several participants commiserating over having experienced the 'worst thing ever'...  It turned out that the worst thing ever was having forgotten to pack their favorite potion and not having it available while on a trip... I'm serious. I opened the thread expecting someone had literally experienced an honest to goodness tragedy... Honestly Spurt... if that is the worst thing some of these folks can ever imagine in life, they're in for a rude, rude awakening... It's times like this that make me wonder why I'm still reading these forums... Ridiculous...

Have a good week and enjoy any nice weather that comes your way, Spurt...

Smiley Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...