Regular Contributor

I have notced that Q is including reviews from other sources-for example from brand websites. I wish they had not made this change, Some of these reviews are made by people who recieved items as part of a promotion and agree to review which I feel provides a conflict. I have always read and trusted the reviews on QVC as they came from Q customers-it ihas a big influence on my decision to purchase. Now I have lost confidence!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have a problem with it as long as the reviewer states  that they received the item for free. 

I see these types or reviews all of the time on products or books. 

Honored Contributor

You know they're only importing the good reviews from those sites and I don't know how permissive they are of publishing negative reviews. 

I'm not sold on this idea at all!

Honored Contributor

I noticed this too. I hate it. I only want reviews from actual QVC customers. I don’t even bother with these other reviews.

Honored Contributor

Re: Q Customer Reviews

[ Edited ]

I noticed this too. I hate it. I don’t even waste my time with these other reviews. I only read the reviews from actual QVC customers.

Honored Contributor

I've notice a lot of websites are now including reviews from other sources.... Target, Macy's, Kohl's, Walmart, Keurig, etc etc.  Even the bad reviews are shown.  As long as they have the item, I don't care if their reviews show up on multiple sites.

Valued Contributor

I do have a problem with it. If they give someone something it's not like purchasing an item. They could be getting paid for good reviews.

Honored Contributor

The more "good" reviews you write the more companies will send you free items. 

Super Contributor
I agree with the original poster. Skipping over them, while always an option, doesn't delete their ratings from the averages.

If an item has 20 5 star ratings I deduct however many are from other websites.