Honored Contributor

I've noticed that on some items, you can get no interest when paid in full in 9, 12, or 18 months.   Good timing just before Christmas.   I'm kind of in the market for a new laptop, may have to try it.

I don't pay off my Q card monthly but I do pay a big chunk, more than the minimum, monthly.  It's convenient.   I never owe more than I can pay off if for some reason I needed to.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not sure what the benefit is if there is easy pay on the item. You do not incur any finance charges. If they do not offer easy pay, I guess there would be an advantage. I think they are doing this to be competitive.

Honored Contributor

elated wrote:

I am not sure what the benefit is if there is easy pay on the item. You do not incur any finance charges. If they do not offer easy pay, I guess there would be an advantage. I think they are doing this to be competitive.

the maximum easy pays they offer is 6. with this new feature you can have the payments spread out over 9, 12, or 18 months, depending on the item i believe. no finance charges.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

This is the first time I've ever been offered a Q card with a "benefit." When I accepted a card from HSN, they offered me 20% on a treadmill which I wanted. I think it was on Easy Pay back then.

This Q card offer is not a benefit for me. I don't want or like to buy anything and pay for it over a long length of time. I'm not interested in that.

I won't accept a Q card. They still offer me nothing, and I don't accept a credit card w/o being offered something beneficial to me. That's the way it usually goes....

Honored Contributor

Rather than having cards for every place I shop ... I prefer just one credit card that gives me bonus points that I can redeem for cash.   Those points add up quickly!

I'm careful not to charge more than I can pay off each month.  So far ... so good!

Trusted Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Rather than having cards for every place I shop ... I prefer just one credit card that gives me bonus points that I can redeem for cash.   Those points add up quickly!

I'm careful not to charge more than I can pay off each month.  So far ... so good!

That is exactly what I do and love redeeming those points for cash!  Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I do the same thing.  I get cash back with my credit card.  I buy almost nothing from the Q, but love my Amazon.  Not interested in easy pay.  If I can't afford it, I don't need it.  My Christmas gifts are paid for before the holiday.  No worries after the holidays are over.