Respected Contributor

QVC launched the QCard on April 7, 1990.

hp_qcard_main_0407.jpg

sq1_sp1_qcardlifestyle_20170825.jpg

sq3_left_QCardBenefits_ap_20200101.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Honored Contributor

@banned againThank you for that bit of history.  I was not aware of TV shopping in 1990 let alone one that had its own credit card.  What's even more interesting to me is that I also don't remember anything about the Q card later in the 1990's when I did begin to shop QVC.

By the time the constant offers for the card began, I had already cancelled cards from many sources -  gas cards and department store cards in particular -  and now use only my general purpose cards.  Good thing no company I've dealt with demands their card as the only way to pay!

Respected Contributor

30 years and still no coupons like Kohls.  And they wonder why business is off ?   

Theres no advantage to using a Q Card except EZ Pay.  In my opinion they are preying on people who cant afford the stuff they are buying to begin with.   Put it on EZ Pay and get it home in a week !   No mention from them of 28 percent interest fees....highway robbery when interest rates at my bank are less than 0.50 percent !

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

30 years and still no coupons like Kohls.  And they wonder why business is off ?   

Theres no advantage to using a Q Card except EZ Pay.  In my opinion they are preying on people who cant afford the stuff they are buying to begin with.   Put it on EZ Pay and get it home in a week !   No mention from them of 28 percent interest fees....highway robbery when interest rates at my bank are less than 0.50 percent !

QVC has been a very successful business for 30 years without coupons. So, just shop at stores that offer coupons. And certainly many customers pay their balance each month, thus avoiding the "highway robbery" interest rates.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky